PDA

View Full Version : Is tucking safe?

jjjjohanne
12-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Are there any medical professionals here who know or can ask at work and find out whether tucking is safe? I would hate to find out in a few years that I lost .5% of the nerves in my penis every time I spent the day tucked!

I am not seeking opinions, I want to hear if there is established medical science on the subject. If you work in a doctor's office, please ask on behalf of a "crossdresser who approached you who is not willing to tell his doctor he dresses."

Thank you!

Laura912
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
OK, no studies to quote. However, in those with borderline sperm counts, chronic increased body heat can decrease the count slightly which is why in fertility issues, males with low counts are encouraged to wear boxer shorts if they have been using the tighter styles. Generally tucking, unless extreme, is a low risk procedure. If nothing is going numb or pale white from lack of blood supply, you are probably OK for a day at a time. If things go numb, turn white, and fall off, then you are little closer to.....sorry, bad joke. :doh:

Tracii G
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
OK, no studies to quote. However, in those with borderline sperm counts, chronic increased body heat can decrease the count slightly which is why in fertility issues, males with low counts are encouraged to wear boxer shorts if they have been using the tighter styles. Generally tucking, unless extreme, is a low risk procedure. If nothing is going numb or pale white from lack of blood supply, you are probably OK for a day at a time. If things go numb, turn white, and fall off, then you are little closer to.....sorry, bad joke. :doh:

Pretty much what I have read in medical journals.

ClosetED
12-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Nothing listed in a MEDLINE search of scientific journals, under penis tucking, penile tucking. Tucking found articles but not related to this kind of activity.

Lorileah
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
I believe there may be a sticky on this. However, when done for short periods of time and when not done to extreme, it is safe. Caveats: Tucking too tightly can cause issues with skin folds and infections especially when you use a tape that does not breathe or may cause irritation.

You can cut off blood supply to the testes and that will cause them to start to necrose. Then releasing them can lead to release of blood degradation products that can lead to shock.

Decrease in sperm count is minor unless you do it regularly. However, it also decreases testosterone if you do it long term or regularly. I know that right now someone is saying "Cool! that's what I want!" but in animals with retained testes there is a significant increase in sertoli cell tumors (which are malignant and can be fatal). These tumors are caused by keeping the testes temperature increased above the usual 2-3 degrees below body temp. Trust me, they are not pretty. Other testicular cancers re also possible.

With anything short term, within reasonable limits is not an issue. However I do know that there are people here who have made it a lifestyle. If it is painful, undo it. It it burns or itches, undo it. If afterward it is bruised or has a color change that lasts more than an hour, see your doctor. If you have a swelling, see your doctor.

Remember that is nature had wanted those stuck in your inguinal canal, nature would have left them there.

Karren H
12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
My son had one undefended testicle and we were told that if it wasn't fixed he had like a 90% chance of getting testicular cancer by the age of 10... so I'd say based on that tucking full time isn't that safe.... plus by tucking you warm them up so chances your sperm count will drop so if your going to have children..... I'd think twice... on the other hand if you don't want kids and get cancer..... its a good excuse to have them removed.... and transition!

Janine cd
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I have never had to resort to taping to tuck. Wearing tight panties, a girdle or an all-in-one have worked for me, so I've never worried about the danger of tucking.

Lady Slipper
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
My son had one undefended testicle ......

Oh jeez, I LOL'ed so hard at your auto correct. :lol2: I can hear the UFC referee now, "Defend you testicles at all times, I want a good clean fight...". Sorry Karren, you left yourself wide open for that one. :)

Kaz
12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
You reach a point in life where you wonder why they (testicles) are there - OK well I have. Bl***y things just get in the way all the time! Get rid! Best be-done with them. They are highly over-rated! I have had all the kids I can cope with - please... NO MORE! :eek:

Seriously... I do light tucking... no tape, just some shapewear to get a firm hold - and then ONLY if I am going out or taking pics in tight clothing. Otherwise... no reason to...

Stephanie47
12-18-2012, 08:14 PM
When necessary I wear a panty girdle. That does the trick without almost self castrating myself crossing my legs.

luscious
12-19-2012, 05:23 AM
you can torsion your vas deferens or and a pubic blood vessels.

the information is stated in a japanese glue and tape tucking thread.

search google with this translated into japanese.

make girl crotch

paste the japanese characters in google search

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?59176-The-Art-of-Tucking-v2.0/page46

Cheryl T
12-19-2012, 05:30 AM
My son had one undefended testicle and we were told that if it wasn't fixed he had like a 90% chance of getting testicular cancer by the age of 10... so I'd say based on that tucking full time isn't that safe.... plus by tucking you warm them up so chances your sperm count will drop so if your going to have children..... I'd think twice... on the other hand if you don't want kids and get cancer..... its a good excuse to have them removed.... and transition!

Don't you mean "Undescended" ??
A defenseless testicle needs a cup....lol

jjjjohanne
12-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Thank you all for the intelligent answers! Sometimes when I am under-dressing, I will tuck for a few hours. I started worrying about nerve damage. You are telling me it could cause cancer! Yikes! I am done having kids, so that is not a concern.

Be careful mocking Karen's post. I have been rebuked by the forum moderators for merely describing the humorous realization when I stopped misunderstanding someone's post (it had a missing hyphen). Be careful so you don't get into trouble. Making fun of other people's post on this forum is like walking around with your testicle undefended!! You might get whacked!

suzy1
12-19-2012, 09:19 AM
I’m not going anywhere near Karen’s post:eek:

I have always been more than satisfied using a gaff. I think it’s almost as affective as tucking. [But I do have a small one so that could explain it]:heehee:

Karren H
12-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Damn new Droid! auto complete.... auto correct really works great.... lmao!