PDA

View Full Version : Sighting with friends

jjjjohanne
12-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I was at a Christmas party at a restaurant last night. I saw an employee at the restaurant walk from the kitchen to a table. This person was wearing men's jeans (with a wallet in the back pocket), a T-shirt, and short hair. The person was at least 50, and had a feminine neck and head/jaws (no makeup) and had thin arms. There was a general protrusion on the chest, but not obvious breasts. I thought, "that's a woman". Then I heard the person speak to a customer and heard a deep voice. Then, I doubted. I asked my wife, "Is that a man or a woman?" She looked briefly and said, "woman".

Later, I felt confident that this was a GG. As usual, a GG wearing men's clothing only looks frumpy, but not odd... I think she was presenting male. Later when this person spoke to me, I found that she had a feminine voice with the deepening effects of years of smoking. She was not gentile and feminine, but she did not seem like she was trying to present herself as a man.

At one point, a lady from my table asked my wife and I, "Is that a man or a woman?" We said we thought she was a woman. She responded OK. That was it. Our friend expressed no further reaction either negative or positive. She just moved on to the next topic.

Would my friends react that way to me? "Oh, that's a guy in womenswear. Oh, look at that butterfly..."

linda allen
12-18-2012, 07:25 AM
. ................ Would my friends react that way to me? "Oh, that's a guy in womenswear. Oh, look at that butterfly..."

Probably. They wouldn't say anything to you, but they would talk among themselves just as you and your friends did. Unless of course, "pass" as a female. And it wouldn't be "Oh, that's a guy in womenswear", it would be "That's a crossdresser." or "That's a He-She!"

Beverley Sims
12-18-2012, 12:00 PM
The most intriguing thing for me was a discussion amongst GG's about a guy in a dress.
The usual questions why does he do it, he doesn't look bad really etc.
I really wanted to get out of this conversation because I was only known to two others.
A couple of other girls did look my way during the conversation but the waiter came and took our order. Phew! :)

Chickhe
12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Its an interesting topic... what actually does happen if people read you?... as in this case, I suspect, they just want a reference point and either way it doesn't matter...they just need a way to reference you. Sometimes people are just curious. I was once feeling confident with my own hair and was spotted by this elderly couple who stopped at the end of the isle to point and ask each other about me, but then they quickly moved on...

Lorileah
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Was it important to you that the person was dressed as she was? Maybe you have spotted the elusive "Women don't crossdress" dresser? But then again, maybe she just needed somewhere to keep her wallet while she was working. As far as wanting to know if the person was male or female, were you thinking of dating them? I certainly hope she didn't see you all whispering about her. Seems sort of rude no?

Amazing how a person's gender seems to be important to someone who really should not care. Sort of like the TG's on this board. Why spend so much time dissecting it?

Rogina B
12-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Amazing how a person's gender seems to be important to someone who really should not care. Sort of like the TG's on this board. Why spend so much time dissecting it?
Exactly like I was thinking...A person is a person,why think,discuss,and concern your self with the person's appearance? Would you like that done to you? Do you expose Johanne to the world for criticism?

LaraPeterson
12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
It takes way too much effort for me to maintain me without wondering about someone else. I can and used to spot CD's a mile away. I stopped doing it when it occurred to me that I was trying to judge their looks and their intent. Thankfully, I have no interest in that anymore.

Beverley Sims
12-19-2012, 06:20 AM
It takes way too much effort for me to maintain me without wondering about someone else. I can and used to spot CD's a mile away. I stopped doing it when it occurred to me that I was trying to judge their looks and their intent. Thankfully, I have no interest in that anymore.

I gave up looking for CD's years ago, only if they are in my face do I notice.
Like everybody else I am too busy going "somewhere".

jjjjohanne
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
This person was somewhat passing such that two people at my table were unsure what they saw. I don't know whether this person was a CD or if she was a "butch" homosexual, or if she just dressed manly. Unfortunately, woman have more freedom than men to crossdress and not be obviously crossdresser. What is interesting was the non-reaction that this [potential] crossdresser received from my friend. I intend to eventually go on an outing with another crossdresser where only one of us is dressed enfemme. The drab one will go into a location, later the enfemme one would go in. The drab one would linger around people and stay behind after the enfemme one leaves. I am extremely curious to see what people do when we have left the room. Do they forget I was there, do the nice, friendly SA's start laughing at me or criticizing me? Do they ask questions that I had never considered that they might have? People this is science that needs to be done! :) I am just SO curious!

linda allen
12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Traditional "mens" clothing is more practical for most working situations than traditional women's clothing. Pants with pockets, shirts with pockets, etc. The men's clothing is usually heavier material, devoid of decorations that could get trapped in machinery, etc., and easier to take care of, launder, and dry.

If you look at women doing jobs that were more traditionally done by men, such as driving trucks or operating machinery, working in factories, and the like, you won't see them wearing mini skirts and 5" heels, they will be wearing pants, work shoes, shirts, and have their hair short or tied in a pony tail. This doesn't make them "crossdressers" or "butch", they are just being practical.