PDA

View Full Version : what inspired you

marion
12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I have always had feelings to want to feel feminine and dress etc. but when i saw Sean Bean on british TV dressing it really gave me added impetus and thoughts. cant stop thinking about being dressed and wanting all things female

Stephanie47
12-19-2012, 04:07 PM
My first encounters with feminine garb was to try on my mom's nylon slips because the material felt great. I had no sisters or female cousins. I had no female playmates. I was truly all boy. I think I will never be able to figure out what caused me to try to look female in my mid teens.

Suzy Parker
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't really know. I always loved seeing mom get dressed up nice as a youth but it was like one morning I woke up and just had the overwhelming desire to try on her clothes. From the first time I knew it just Feeled right. It is always with me and I cherish it.

RitaCD
12-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't really know. I always loved seeing mom get dressed up nice as a youth but it was like one morning I woke up and just had the overwhelming desire to try on her clothes. From the first time I knew it just Feeled right. It is always with me and I cherish it.

That's me to a T. Watching my mom go from pretty to gorgeous enthralled me and I wanted to be like her.

GabbiSophia
12-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I have always thought something off and that I didn't belong. Years I thought I was alone in this fact and that it was wrong. Then this year I saw the chloe prince story. That changed my whole life.

Karren H
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
The only plausible explanation involves alien abduction....... most likely Canadians sneaking across the Detroit River at night......

Kate Simmons
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
The neighborhood ladies actually. After I ran around the neighborhood in a dress one time.:battingeyelashes::)

jillleanne
12-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Carla Davidson. She sat beside me from grade 2 until grade 9 and refused to give up her garter belt and black fishnets to social advancements with the discovery of pantyhose(yuck). Now there was a lady!!!!!!

LaraPeterson
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
When I was a pre-teen, an aunt by marriage somehow knew I liked to wear girls clothes and she helped me all she could. She died far too young. I felt alone for a long time, but her kindness helped me remember that I could be loved as a girl even if it was just a little at a time.

Angela Campbell
12-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I really do not know what started it for me or what inspired me. My earliest memories are wanting to be a girl. I even asked my mom if I could be a girl. I don't know why. I was sternly steared away from it but all th etime growing up I just didn't fit the model of a boy. Sometimes I wish I knew but I expect I was just born this way or either I was a female in my previous life.

Danielle_cder
12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I wish I knew. Each time I come to these forums I get inspiration and a gr8 sense of pride

adrienner99
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Two things really stimulated me as a very young boy--women wearing high heels and women putting on lipstick. I adored the sound of tapping heels and the sheer femininity of women applying lipstick just sent me to the moon...Experiments with my mother's dresses and jewelry grew from those mysterious starting points...now I am obsessed with women's fashions, and still to this day especially love heels and lipstick.

Marleena
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
The only plausible explanation involves alien abduction....... most likely Canadians sneaking across the Detroit River at night......

Hey don't blame me! Lol.. Besides Detroit is a scary place at night.:)

Ressie
12-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I saw a local Chicago band in the mid '70s and the lead singer had eyeliner that was quite fem. That inspired me to get the same look at home in the bathroom!

Angela Dressing
12-20-2012, 01:23 AM
I fell victim to the sight of my mom wearing her slip also. while she was out I tried on pair of panties, a slip, bra, and stockings and OMG I was in love.

Cheryl T
12-20-2012, 05:37 AM
My mom's things and the girl next door who was my age. I always was jealous when she would get a pretty new dress for Easter.

becky77
12-20-2012, 05:44 AM

That sounds like a plausible theory to me, except I am in England, do the Canadians have a network that large? :eek:

I don't have any inspiration I was born with the feeling it was all natural to me, just had to learn everyone else didn't agree with it!

Sara Jessica
12-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I have always had feelings to want to feel feminine and dress etc. but when i saw Sean Bean on british TV dressing it really gave me added impetus and thoughts. cant stop thinking about being dressed and wanting all things female

What on Earth was Boromir (& later Ned Stark) doing on British TV dressing as a female??? I'm crushed!!! ;)

Beverley Sims
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM

I have stood in the Arizona dessert waiting to be abducted but all I saw were giant ants.
They have one helluva bite too! :)

Costume
12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Two things around the same time. Firstly, a model in a newspaper fashion supplement. She was wearing a long, black figure hugging dress. And secondly, Madonna! Specifically the video to 'Who's That Girl?' where the camera pans up and you see her in this slinky cream ruched gown. And I just realised how great it must be to experience wearing such things!

drushin703
12-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Marion: Great question, this talk of inspiration, especially this week when a totally uninspired, video game enthusiast, Loner, quasi genius, recluse decided
to barge into an elementary school with an assault rifle and kill 26 innocent people, most of them children, after killing his own mother. I know it is a reach
but that individual recipe has led many a young boy to experiment with crossdressing. I know the thread was about inspiration but crossdressing, for me
at least,, was congenital and was fostered by condition, availability and situation. I too was a loner, a book worm with few friends but huge desires. Becoming
a crossdresser is purely hapenstance and, as we all know, everyone just can't understand it, but this young man (A.L.) would have been aided
tremendously had he just explored his mothers girdle and bra drawer. Doe's crossdressing make a person less aggressive? Yes. More inclined to not bully?
Yes. Kinder? Yes. Less confutable? Yes. More passionate? Yes. I shall conclude that the crossdresser that starts as a young boy, makes the perfect man...

controversy expected from this non-science....dana

sometimes_miss
12-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Beyond all the other causes that contributed to my state, one other thing I rarely mention; I envy how beautiful women can be. Every day, I see them, standing, sitting, walking by, and all I can think to myself is, wow, is she beautiful. I wish I could look that good, as a man or a woman. I've been either homely, disfigured or just plain not good looking the vast majority of my life (birthmark, scar on face, crooked smile due to misaligned teeth, or just getting old). I've always wondered if being better looking would have changed anything, but I'll never know what might have been.
So, when I dress up, I wear very pretty clothes, or clothes that looked very pretty when I saw someone else wearing the same thing, and pretend that I look that nice, too.

Diversity
12-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Growing up, my parents, two sisters, and I lived in a small house with only one bathroom. Virtually, every morning mom would leave her clothes, bra, panties, slip, stockings, garter, etc. either on the floor next to, or on top of the clothes hamper. I am not sure if it was mom's way of trying to educate me about women, as my parents never talked about the birds and the bees with me. It just wasn't done. I became curious about the clothing and tried them on from time to time. Everytime, without exception, I found myself totally enjoying the thrill of wearing them, and the soft and fluid feeling of the material - particularly the slip, stockings and garter belt. From memory, this is what began my journey in crossdressing, and I still enjoy it today even more than I did back then. It is sensuous, sexual, fun, beautifying, enticing, thrilling, satisfying, and every other feeling all rolled into one single experience - that of dressing as a woman. Not sure why all these feelings surface, but I am done denying myself the pleasure they give me. So, it is here to stay with me. I cherish the few and infrequent times I get to dress. But I appreciate and am grateful for each and every experience, as I feel so open, free, and at peace when I get the opportunity to dress.
Di

becky77
12-20-2012, 04:23 PM
What on Earth was Boromir (& later Ned Stark) doing on British TV dressing as a female??? I'm crushed!!! ;)

Yay Lord of the Rings and A Game of Thrones, you have great taste Jessica :)

Jessica Who
12-20-2012, 04:52 PM
The first spark I remember was having dreams as a four or five year old about being dressed as a girl and it was "normal" to everyone around me.

Janine cd
12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
When I was 4 or 5, I wanted to dress up as a girl because their clothes were so much nicer than mine. I felt that I should have been born a girl, but somehow I was a boy by mistake. When I was 10 or 11, I tried on my mom's bra, panties and slip.Then I tried some of her makeup. I've never stopped crossdressing since.

SandraInHose
12-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Hosiery. As a very small child (4 or 5) I remember sitting on my mom's or aunt's laps and rubbing their nylon-covered legs. As I got older and started going to school, the first thing I noticed were the teacher's legs, all of them encased in nylon. Then one day, at age 13, I was home sick from school and my mom was getting dressed to go shopping and at the last minute, decided to take off her pantyhose and just wear slacks. The small, bunched-up object laying on the floor called to me, and I managed to struggle into them. The rest is history. That was 38 years ago.

Gretchen_To_Be
12-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Sandra, ditto. Very similar situation--same triggers for me. Especially one teacher, who always wore skirts, hose and heels/boots. I was in the first row and smitten, both with her and her legs, and wished they were mine and the I could wear what she wore. We had a laundry chute down to the basement. Because I had my model-building stuff down there, I had a convenient excuse to rummage through mom's dirty laundry. The jackpot was when there was a slip or dress or skirt there, so I could get the full effect (mom conveniently left some older heels in storage...and guess who got good use out of them?) The rest is indeed history, though like you from the waist up I am built like a linebacker so the illusion is only from the waist down. But it was a sad the when I outgrew my mom's things and it was probably 6 years until I had a girlfriend who was 5'10 to my 5'11" and then it was game on!

Ann Louise
12-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Here is one of our threads that I came across by accident late last night, and oh my, it certainly goes to the heart of this thread. Get a cuppa and settle in and check it out:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?10555-your-story

Kisses to you all,
Elfin

27th Jennifer
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
http://ickmusic.com/2010/11/04/super-sexy-time-70s-album-art-tanya-tucker/ My parents had this Tania Tucker album when I was a kid. The fold-out cover mesmerized me...

Suzy Parker
12-22-2012, 11:20 AM
I seem to remember always loving to read through the womens sections in the Sears and Penneys catalogs as a youth. Very inspiring. I did not just look at the pretty pictures, I actually read the descriptions and learned all of the fashion terms and the different styles.

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure if there was a specific inspiration. Certainly I was aware that my older sister dressed differently than my brothers and I. I even remember having recurring dreams of women in bras, panties and stockings...at maybe four years of age. At the same time I evidently was doing things my brothers found effeminate...so I learned quickly to hide or suppress that side of myself.

AngoraGirl
12-22-2012, 12:35 PM
When I was 13 my mom left a copy of the book "everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" conspicuously on a bookshelf in the living room where I was sure to see it. Sure enough I did and one night I snuck out of my room and got it and read it cover to cover. There was a whole chapter on crossdressing and it got me so aroused. The next day at school I noticed every girls outfits in a whole new light and knew I had to try one on. I was a latch key kid. Parents were divorced. As soon as I got home from school I went straight to my moms closet and put on a sweater and skirt. The rest is history.

Leslie Langford
12-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Nah, not very likely...think: "War of 1812-1814". Been there; done that ;).

Besides, we're probably the only aliens that you don't deport... :eek: :doh: :heehee:

Danielle001
12-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I was curious as a child. My earliest memory is trying on a pair of my mom's nylons when I was around 10 years old. That's where it all began.

Robyn2006
12-22-2012, 02:43 PM
For me is was my eldest sister, who by anyone's standards was and is drop-dead gorgeous. Remember fondly the 9 year old me watching the 16 year old her get all dolled up. It was such an amazing thing to quietly in the background watch how she was able to transform herself into such a cover girl, supermodel. She was my inspiration from day one, always wishing I could be her sister, be just like her.

outhiking
12-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Yay Lord of the Rings and A Game of Thrones, you have great taste Jessica :)

Don't forget Sharp's Rifles.

Raychel
12-24-2012, 08:09 AM
It all started way back before there was internet, Microwave Ovens, when 8 Track tapes were the latest and greatest thing.
Then it was just womens underwear.

Now some 40 years later it has progressed to full dressing. I am much more comfortable with who I am.
And life is good for the most part.

dana8656
12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
When I was 13 my mom left a copy of the book "everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" conspicuously on a bookshelf in the living room where I was sure to see it. Sure enough I did and one night I snuck out of my room and got it and read it cover to cover. There was a whole chapter on crossdressing and it got me so aroused. T.

Bingo to that, same cause here, I was give that boot for my "sex education" there was a statement in said chapter describing the feeling of wearing an angora sweater, had to try one of mom's to see what it felt like.

kimberlybates
01-02-2013, 03:46 AM
My first experience was when I saw a basket of lingerie that belonged to my Aunt. I tried on a long silk night gown and loved the feel of the soft silk against my naked skin. I became very excited at the time. I eventually became interested in any lingerie I was able to try on. I would read the store catalogs so I understood how to wear bra's, girdles, slips, eventually graduating to being fully dressed. In my young adult life I began to experiment with wigs and make up, eventually shaving my body hair. The first time I felt the nylons against my naked legs was exciting. Now that I am 24/7 I am very comfortable in my en femme way of life. I spend most evenings relaxing in some silky lingerie when home alone.

YorkshireRose
01-02-2013, 04:18 AM
I'm pretty certain it was the clothing catalogues my Mum used to get that first made me fall in love with female clothes. I used to spend hours looking through the female section wishing I could wear the clothes in the pictures.

julie marie1
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
When I was fourteen one of my sister's and a friend thought it would be fun to have me wear a dress. Don't really think I ever looked back since then.

CassandraSmith
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
My mom was an incredibly beautiful woman with a 21" waist (36D-21-40 approx) when she was young. She had really sophisticated lingerie and I was fascinated by it from the time I was 2-3 years old. Sometimes, her clothes almost seemed like armor and maybe that's at the core of this whole thing because it often feels safer in them than guy clothes as long as I'm in private that is.

MonicaCD
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Hard to say, really. I remember the thrill of trying on my mom's bras, stockings, and panties. She also had old-school Kotex belts, and I remember putting that on with a pad.

Then there was the excitement of buying my first pair of panties - I was probably about 10 and there was a dime store within walking distance of my house.

Jaymees22
01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I just remember wondering and wanting to know what I would look like as a girl, so I tried on my mothers clothes. I wore her basic black dress, pantyhose and a blond wig she had. I didn't look like my mother though more like my father in a dress. My mother was very pretty, a friend of mine from High School had stopped by to see me one day but I wasn't home. When I saw him in school the next day, he told me that my sister said I wasn't home. I don't have a sister that was my mom. He said wow....Hugs Jaymee

Aloha Jayne
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
My inspiration.

Joanie_Shakti
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
That sounds like a plausible theory to me, except I am in England, do the Canadians have a network that large? :eek:

You don't know the half of it! Right now, and every winter they take over our town leaving us subject to their crowding and criticisms. And this is southwestern Arizona!

Hosiery. As a very small child (4 or 5) I remember sitting on my mom's or aunt's laps and rubbing their nylon-covered legs. As I got older and started going to school, the first thing I noticed were the teacher's legs, all of them encased in nylon. Then one day, at age 13, I was home sick from school and my mom was getting dressed to go shopping and at the last minute, decided to take off her pantyhose and just wear slacks. The small, bunched-up object laying on the floor called to me, and I managed to struggle into them. The rest is history. That was 38 years ago.

That's pretty similar to me. I had an attraction to satin ever since I was a small child. But I can remember riding in a car with my grandmother when I was about five years old and admiring how smooth her nylon covered legs were. I never acted on that until I was in junior high school. The girls often wore short dresses and pantyhose and there were numerous hosiery ads on TV. I caught my brother trying on our mom's pantyhose one day and I joined in. I was instantly hooked and things grew (in more than one way ;)) from there.