PDA

View Full Version : Perfectly ordinary amazing Mac experience

Kelly Smith
12-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I made an appointment to get a makeover at a Macy's Mac counter in a mall in Utah. When I arrived I saw that a large portion of the malls customers were routed right by Mac's working area. I told the Mac people that I intended to look as much like a woman as possible and I would prefer some place a bit more out of the way. The sweet little SA she understood and moved me out of the mob.

The adorable artist then spent 90 minutes on my face. She was cheerful, polite and absolutely non-judgemental. When she was done, I put on a wig. She told me that I looked like a woman. I said, "Naww...hey, wait; I do."

I walked out of Macy's into the main mall herd. No one clocked me! I walked in to Victoria's Secret and examined the pretty undies. Nothing.

I returned to Macy's Mac counter and hugged both makeup artists. To me they had done something amazing. They were pleased that I was pleased but didn't śee it as anything out of the ordinary.

kimdl93
12-19-2012, 11:22 PM
It helps to give them a good pallet to work on. I'm glad yours is convincingly feminine. I've enjoyed my MAC makeovers, and I loved the results, but with my face one doesn't expect miracles!

Nichola
12-23-2012, 04:56 AM
That's cool, nice that she respected your privacy. Sounds like a good company, male or female, a customer is a customer.

jennyday
12-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Don't keep us in suspense, where are the pictures!!!

PretzelGirl
12-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Kelly, it is amazing the transformation we go through when we get some professional help. I have seen tears in more than one set of eyes after a make-over and getting her wig on. It is a magical moment.

Sarah V
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
I have an appointment for a consultation with my local MAC store for this upcoming weekend. I am not haveing a full make over,but I want to nail down some concealer/foundation issues/questions I have had. If this consultation goes well, (and I think it will) I certainly plan to have a full make-over and take some lessons from them in the future. I have heard nothing but good things from everyone here on this site who has done business with MAC, so it is high-time I joined them.

Kelly Smith
01-02-2013, 12:39 AM
I have an appointment for a consultation with my local MAC store for this upcoming weekend. I am not haveing a full make over,but I want to nail down some concealer/foundation issues/questions I have had. If this consultation goes well, (and I think it will) I certainly plan to have a full make-over and take some lessons from them in the future. I have heard nothing but good things from everyone here on this site who has done business with MAC, so it is high-time I joined them.
If you are doing a consultation for concealer and foundation, you will only need to spend another $5 or so to get a full makeover. You can pick up a foundation sponge, which is worth owning. You will have paid enough for a full makeover, you may as well get the full treatment. :)

Diversity
01-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for sharing this! I am going to look for such an opportunity and do this as well. It is now in my bucket list!
Di