PDA

View Full Version : holiday family and me time

GabbiSophia
12-20-2012, 05:20 PM
7 days family in town and 0 me time. Not sure how I feel about this!! Anyone else going a little stir crazy?

Steph

Kaz
12-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I know what you mean.. it is that time of the year! For me though the family is central to my life and I love them to bits, so we have to do what we have to do! Kaz will be on hold for a few weeks - well only in terms of active stuff. Kaz is always here in my head! :)

Rhonda Darling
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Let me just add . . . . . Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhh. Personally, I don't have a lot of time off, and I already see the walls closing in on my Rhonda time. My GG/GF and I have different houses, but I spend a lot of time with her and her family at her home. Kids are coming home for the holidays, so the demand for me in guy mode is waaay up. GF knows I need Rhonda time, but . . . . . . . !

I was going to leave work early today (lunch time) and come home for some Rhonda time. Ended up leaving at about 5:00, just an hour or so early for my regular departure time. Now I'm home doing some chores before I go out shopping. Can't shop as Rhonda tonight because my bank card was hacked and now canceled. I'm waiting a new one in the mail, but 'til then, no debit card. My other cards are in the guy's name. I do have one Mastercard on one account that has a Rhonda card issued. However, there is a huge increase in CC fraud going on, so retailers are taking extra measures, like checking for matching ID. Damn! Curses, foiled again.

I'm really getting the pink itch and somehow, someway, Rhonda will be emerging and getting out to the stores before the end of the weekend. Great topic, BTW.

Rhonda.

Brenda456
12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
It is going to be a long couple of weeks. . .

Leah Lynn
12-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I'll get Sunday and Tuesday off. Family time on Sunday, and as of now, they're forecasting another storm for Tuesday. If we get the storm, I'll be at home, in a dress.

RenneB
12-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Yep, same here. Coming up is seven days with SO and biological replacements.... no time for Renne. This will be the longest 'drought' in over two years... but I've gotten through longer and I'll get through this one.....

Renne.....

Amy07
12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Yes, Dear, I have between this post and about Sunday morning before the rest of the family arrives
Here with you Steph... great to see them, so glad when they leave...

Aloha Jayne
12-20-2012, 07:52 PM
spending the next week with the inlaws, first time since my SO outted me to her high school friends and family. I don't care that they know, it's the not knowing who knows and who doesn't that makes me nervous. It's hard enuf to carry on a conversation with people I hardly know with out thinking in the back of my mind if they are thinking "this dude likes to wear a dress" it'll be fun

LaraPeterson
12-20-2012, 08:04 PM
For the first time in a long time, I'm going to be traveling overseas without my femme self. I'm going to be spending several weeks in a desert area with my wife who is on assignment with me (that's really unusual). I'm not going to let it depress me or otherwise bring any negative feelings or thoughts. I am who I am regardless of what I'm wearing or who I am with. . .if you can't dress this holiday season, just thank God your still breathing and can do it later on.

Diversity
12-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I virtually feel like this all the time. It is so frustrating when the urge to dress is strong and there is no opportunity to do so.
Today, I am going to go Christmas shopping on my own and will change in the car and try shopping 'en femme'! Only ladies jeans, panties, blouse and flats, but at least is is another step. The blouse will pass as a feminine looking scoop necked shirt on a guy, but I don't care what looks I get. I'm going to do this, as I did once last week! But today, I'll be a little more confident than I was last time.
Di

Beverley Sims
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
This is the time of the year for family time, me time is quite often ZERO!
Just feel like a caged lion for a couple of weeks and then enjoy the freedom once more.
Remember 'tis the season to be jolly!
Merry Christmas.

Angela Campbell
12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I will have to live with that too for a while. I usually look forward to going out with the two TG groups I am in, but my on call schedule is going to cause me to miss the next two meetings so it will be Feb before I can get out and have fun. I don't like going out by myself, so I am just sitting here in my living room all dressed up and no where to go.

suchacutie
12-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm killing two birds with one stone: yes, family is around and Tina will be scarce....BUT...it doesn't matter anyway since I dislocated my shoulder two weeks ago and simply getting dressed at all in any mode is problematic!

So, by the time my shoulder is ready the family will have departed and with just the two of us left, my wife will be able to enjoy her girlfriend!!! :)

linda allen
12-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I find that I am able to do what I have to do so if it's "man" time with family or friends, I just dress and act like a man. No problem. I may think about Linda when I'm in bed going to sleep, but otherwise I just do it.

I know I'll get my chance when the time comes.

kimdl93
12-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Steph, you are who you are, regardless of how you're dressed. Keep that in mind and allow yourself to be true to yourself in all dimensions. Then the clothes are secondary!

SAMANN
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Sigh this is my life on a weekly basis. Samantha lives inside me and is getting a little closter Phobic as it has been over a month since she has had any time out. My son the wanna be psychologist would say I have DID (Dissassociative Identitiy Disorder (Sybil)) Truth is Samantha is taking over my thoughts and actions and I dont care who sees it anymore. I find myself starting to walk and think en femme more all the time even in my oil/paint stained jeans and Pepsi t-shirt.

Jeannie
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Well I guess I am fortunate on one hand and not so on the other. Our kids are all grown and live all over the place and some are not doing so good financially so they cannot come to us. We do have two daughters that live within driving distance and we will be going to one of their houses for Christmas day so not all is bad. I can dress anytime I want here at home and I do whenever the urge hits me like right now. For those who can't dress I feel very badly for you all and I wish I could help, but the only thing I can do is be here for you and that I can gladly do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

GabbiSophia
12-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Steph, you are who you are, regardless of how you're dressed. Keep that in mind and allow yourself to be true to yourself in all dimensions. Then the clothes are secondary!

Kim this.couldn't be a truer statement. I find myself as Steph mentaly no.matter what I am dressed in. It is a confusing time atm I my life but I am me and that's what matters. Ty for the encouraging words.

Hugs

Jessica Who
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Ugh! Even though most of my family knows, I haven't really been a girl in front of them. Thinking about painting my nails gold for the week to break the ice.

PretzelGirl
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
The flip side is those of us that won't have certain family members around for the holidays. I understand your stress. My take is the reverse. I would give up time to have two of my kids here. Not being with my siblings, their families, and mother is an annual event.

Loni
12-23-2012, 04:20 PM
been too busy at work or at home sleeping.
with luck i can get home by 7 am Christmas am. get some sleep and be at my moms place my 1 or 2:pm. i get to cook dinner for us just a mom and daughter thing. no other family left.

Christmas is nothing with no rug rats fighting over the drumstick. or the box "that" toy came in.

linda allen
12-24-2012, 07:24 AM
The flip side is those of us that won't have certain family members around for the holidays.
That's true, especially if they have passed on recently. It's important to keep our urges in perspective.

ArleneRaquel
12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
I'll be taking off about 24 hours from being Arlene, then back to the terribe task of being my alter ego. :heehee: Oh, how I dread being dressed enfemme.:brolleyes:

I Am Paula
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I hafta' do drab for about four hours tommorow. I'm seeing my father in law, who hates anything that doesn't drive a John Deere, and has called Clint Eastwood a 'goddam faggot' since he made 'Bridges of Madison County'. After lunch I have a nice christmas outfit for when I change back into Celeste, and I probably won't see F.I.L. till Easter.-Celeste

joank
12-24-2012, 11:28 AM
My wife invited a friend to stay for 6 to 8 WEEKS (December and Janurary). We had a heck of a fight over that but not about CDing. It was about doing this without my input and the length of stay. I have found one week is good, two weeks is OK and three weeks or more, you want to just make them disappear.