PDA

View Full Version : OMG! i must really be comfortable being dressed

Melissa73
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
new flash!!!!!! i was sitting here just playing on the cmputer, when the door bell rings. i was only one in range, so being dressed, i asked who it was . IT was the ups guy. usually, id go rush to change and answer the door. this time, i said oh well... and answer the door dressed in a green and white blouse, white skirt blue tights and lipstick on.... and black ballerina flats... wow and i didnt get embarrassed, i was cool and myself!!! omg!!!!! i am out!!!!!!!!

melissa

JennaGirl
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Good for you Melissa! Takes alot of courage and confidence but feels so empowering once its over!

Rhonda Darling
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Melissa, that is great. And some day, you'll open the door and one of us will BE the UPS gurl ringing the bell. We're moving on and moving up.

Rhonda

STACY B
12-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Liberation !! First thing ya know she will be Knocking Old Lady's down at the Mall for a sale on underwear !!

Melissa73
12-20-2012, 06:47 PM
lmao stacey!!!! but on a serious note, since i came out and as i dress around others that accept me, i feel less and less embarrassed! I think all the embarrassment came from as a kid, when my siblings and friends who caught me, teased and laughed at me. mede me feel like what i was wearing was wrong! my next meeting, of a transgender meetting, jan 2, i am planning to wear a skirt and top w/ pantyhose..... I can do this!!!

melissa

Jorja
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Way to go, Melissa. Own it baby! :)

Leah Lynn
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I was sitting here a couple evenings ago, fully dressed, Leggings, sweater and boots, (undies, naturally!) and hair all fluffed up. I wasn't expecting anyone, when I heard the outer door open and a knock on the inner. PANIC! I yelled "Just a minute!", dashed into the bathroom and pulled jeans on over leggings and hoodie over sweater, trying to hide boobs. Took boots off. I went to the door, but no one was there. A package from UPS was lying by the door. I then realized I didn't flatten out my hair, I still had on hoop earrings, a ladies' watch, makeup, and stocking feet. Oh, crap; if it had been someone I know, OUTED. The package had a new bra I'd ordered, and it fits very well.

Melissa73
12-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Leah, i've done that soooo often! But i don't know, since i've come out and let others know, i'm less embarrassed and less prone to hide.And tonight was the proof! MAybe its just that i'm more sure of my self and know what i like and i'm beginning to thinhk who cares what anyone else thinks..
melissa

Amy07
12-20-2012, 07:40 PM
love the tights, flats, sweaters, and that too...

Leah Lynn
12-20-2012, 07:49 PM
A few friends know, but some are "guy" friends; some I hunt and fish with. They probably wouldn't understand. I'm sure most of my family now knows, as Facebook outted me to the world.

Diversity
12-20-2012, 07:55 PM
That's great Melissa! You held your posture and confidently handled the UPS delivery person as any normal person would. Good for you!
Di

RADER
12-20-2012, 09:08 PM
I can understand here you are coming from.
answered the door all night on Halloween in a white and black
maid's dress with black tights, no wig or make-up; just a "GUY"
in a dress. It was heaven, got a lot of complements.
Rader

Beverley Sims
12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Nothing like chipping away at aprehension. It will soon be all gone.

marny
12-20-2012, 10:39 PM
When the doorbell rang up to a year or so ago, I used to take the forms out on the way to the door regardless of what I was wearing. Now if they ring in the day they might notice 'that man has boobs'. At night they can't miss the skirt,dress, tights, nightie,heels,necklace, boobs, and whatever else I am answering the door wearing. I don't know their reaction when they walk away but to date, they are professional, friendly people doing their job and off to the next one.

linda allen
12-21-2012, 07:43 AM
That's one of my wife's fears, that I will "forget" and answer the door dressed. It hasn't happened, I am still aware of what I'm doing when dressed. Someday though ....................

I watch a TV show where they follow the police around and sometimes they knock on doors and demand that the suspect come out "right now". I don't plan on ever being that suspect, but I suppose there's some risk of having to answer the door or flee the house dressed because of a fire, gas leak, etc. A small risk, but a risk.

kimdl93
12-21-2012, 10:57 AM
You have reached an important milestone. The world begins to open up as you become comfortable with yourself!

Melissa73
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
i've been thjinking about my courage last night, and it inspired me yet again! So, this morning, i got all dressed in my black blouse, black and white skirt, dark black pantyhoe and shows and make up and went to a nearby park and just walked. OHhh it was soo easy! and it sooo rewarding!!!!! I love it soo much .But when i got home, i remembered that i had a check that needs to get in the bank. (looking innocently, oh i guess i will just have to go out again...

melissa

GiannaD
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
That is great Melissa; I'll never forget the thrill of the first time out this summer; such an adrenaline high!

DanielleT
12-21-2012, 03:30 PM
There is nothing so exciting, so fulfilling as the first time you present yourself to the outside world as a woman. I remember my first few times, scared, but so wanting to show the world who I really was. Over time and more experiences, my comfort level grew and I became more bold, daring to go into more different situations. While I am still somewhat discreet about it today, I have found that by and large, people don't really care that much. As long as your form of dress isn't gawdy and you conduct yourself as a lady, you shouldn't have a problem.

But for my voice, I am very passable. My big thing is that I have really great legs and I love wearing dresses. I love wearing minis in public, albeit tasteful ones. I have actually had other women come up and compliment me............lets just say that girls can read other girls. That is really good for your spirit and of course, an admiring glance from a cute guy doesn't hurt either.

Raychel
12-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Way to go Melissa.
It is your house and they choose to knock on your door.
I guess that is the chance you take when you have a job like that
You never know who will answer the door.

I am sure they have run into alot worse issues.

Allison Chaynes
12-26-2012, 04:43 PM
I went to check the mail and got halfway out the door before I remembered I was in a dress... oops!

SandraInHose
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I have answered the door wearing guy apparel (jeans & T-shirt) and wearing men's sandals, but with my nylon-covered feet visible...if anyone cared to look. But no, not fully dressed.

There have been SOOOO many times I've wanted to answer the door dressed up. That poor pizza man would never be the same!

Carol A
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
You would be surprised how little attenation people pay to you when you go out, to busy with thier own business.
Good example go to Wal-Mart during the day trust me nobody looks or cares.

JBPerry
12-26-2012, 05:39 PM
my worst fear(and my wifes) is going out into town dressed and either a marine i work with or a marine that knows me will see me and either call me out and discipline me back at work or they will see me not say anything but report it to my highers and then get disciplined....either way ruining my chance of reenlisting