PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love It

AndreaCD1963
12-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Gotta love it when the last thing the other half says as she's leaving for work is "say hi to the ladies at the salon for me, and wish them all a Merry Christmas".

The other half knows that today is salon day for me ... fresh mani / pedi and waxing, ready for the holidays!

Her only ask was that I pick a more masculine colour for my toes this time, as we'll be spending much of the holidays by a pool - and although the kids know I paint my nails, she doesn't think they are ready for hot pink yet :-) A small compromise to be able to be me ... probably going with a dark blue.

ChaCha
12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
good for you I wish I had the courage to do that

linda allen
12-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't think there is a masculine color for toenails. The best I can think of is black, but whatever you pick, be ready to answer some questions.

kimdl93
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I was curious what a masculine nail tone might be. Dark Blue? Really?

Beverley Sims
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Just tell her that the new male color is light pink. :)

Melissa73
12-22-2012, 11:07 AM
"Her only ask was that I pick a more masculine colour for my toes this time, as we'll be spending much of the holidays by a pool - and although the kids know I paint my nails, she doesn't think they are ready for hot pink yet :-) A small compromise to be able to be me ... probably going with a dark blue."

hey ur lucky, my roommate/wife (separated) says shes cool with but has 2 rules: 1) no sharing clothes, 2) i can't wear anything sexier than her. (whick is hard lol, since im smaller than she is.

melissa

LadyPilot
12-22-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't think there is any so called manly polish, be ready to have a story to tell on whatever color you choose. Me, I like the reds! LP

sissystephanie
12-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I have been wearing some shade of red on my toenails for many years! My fingernails are always a pale pink, and the nails do have a feminine shape. The surprising thing is that nobody ever says anything to me about my nails, except to tell me occasionally how nice they look!! Oh yes, my nail colors were totally acceptable to my late wife! In fact, she was the one who picked them out originally!