PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week Later - HRT Results - Sorry longish post :)

sweetjessica
12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Ok. So, it's been a week of HRT. I just thought putting my feeling down thus far. So the changes so far .. Let's say a lot - specifically mentally.

So here goes -- Days 1-3 or 4 - not much changes in my mood or anything, except there is a sense of calm in me. I know this because I can see it in my driving (less aggressive on the road), the way I am talking to people. My talk speed has like so come down. I also feel I am also talking more softly, I feel this because a few people have asked me to speak up (usually I am a prettttyyyy loud talker :heehee: ) .

I think it's still early for est to directly cause all these changes, but I guess my mind is finally coming to terms with who I am.

Days 5-7 - Well the last few days have been a roller coaster ride - Not sure if hormones should cause mood swings this early, but my god - just today for example - I came back from work feeling ECSTATIC (yes in capital letters), i was just happy and smiling. My flatmates were like why are you so happy and beaming to yourself. I had absolutely no idea whatever. GOD it was just amazing. Oh BTW my flatmates don't know that I am transitioning.
Well whateveer - getting back to the topic - hmm, the happy place feeling was not destined to last forever it seems. What happened was that my flatmate passed some stupid comment (i think it was so 'duh' that I even dont remember ne more what it was) - Well that comment just ruined it for me - for some reason I nvr felt more angry right there.

OMG I had just gone from feeling overjoy to totally murder in a second - wow, is this what a mood swing feels like ? OMG this is sooo scary .. If this is like a mood swing or something, how long is this supposed to last?

Well this is not just one time - it like happened couple of time over the last few days - where I have gone like happy-sad-angry-happy in minutes, but not with the intensity that I felt today - I literally wanted to pull my hair out and scream.

I think there have some physical changes as well - but it must just be in my mind.
1) i feel my skin has softened a bit - not sure though (hmmm...)
2) I am on a weight loss diet -- the 1-2 pounds that i have shed this week have come from the area just above the belly button - this has like made my 'man love handles' :o:o feel more prominent

Other than these feelings / changes that's it. Nothing else, I am yet to come out to the world. Only one GG friend (who is a doctor) knows, obviously --

Not putting any pictures this time - because I am feeling a bit lazy :heehee::heehee: ..

Well here is one post. And yes thank you sooooooo much for taking time to read my blabbering ... guess this is the result of my excitement .. :)

a big HUG to all and xoxo ~ Jessi

kimdl93
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
One observation. You need to take ownership and responsibility for your moods. A dumb comment by a friend shouldn't be allowed to control your emotions....that is your job and your choice.

Traci Elizabeth
12-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Ok. So, it's been a week of HRT. I just thought putting my feeling down thus far. So the changes so far .. Let's say a lot - specifically mentally.

It's called the "self-fulfilling prophecy" or if you prefer the "Pygmalion effect" either way 1 week HRT = "Pink Cloud."

CharleneT
12-22-2012, 06:41 AM
relax, it is going to take a while !

Catherine Hopkins
12-22-2012, 06:43 AM
As the doctor said to the overanxious patient, "Keep taking the tablets and call me back in 6 months."

The half time of most oestrogens is 30 hours.

That means it takes 180 hours for your body to become saturated with them and for any effects to START.

That's 7.5 days.

sweetjessica
12-22-2012, 02:05 PM
All you ladies are soooo right ... :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Kaitlyn Michele
12-22-2012, 03:19 PM
My first hormones dose was a compounded cream...my results were INSTANT!! LOL....at least thats how it felt for a time...i was sooooo excited...

now i take an injection every 2 weeks...last week i forgot and took it 2 days ago..

i hope you enjoy your steps towards transition every day!!

Badtranny
12-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Transition is measured in YEARS not days, weeks, or even months.

Looking back, my first year was wholly anticlimactic in regard to physical changes.

CharleneT
12-22-2012, 09:55 PM
My first hormones dose was a compounded cream...my results were INSTANT!! LOL....at least thats how it felt for a time...i was sooooo excited...

now i take an injection every 2 weeks...last week i forgot and took it 2 days ago..

i hope you enjoy your steps towards transition every day!!

shoot!!! You're right, I'm late ! ! I was supposed to take the EV 3 days ago... ooopppssieeee....

sweetjessica
12-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Well today marks the end of Week 2 for my HRT. In short, I cannot remember the last time when I was this happy and euphoric. This entire week, there has been a smile on my face, I have never felt so much joy in life. Everyone around me has asked me the reasons behind that smile. But shh, ladies it is our secret right .. :heehee:

As for the changes, well there have no noticeable physical changes. But, mentally all my feelings have become really intense. When I am happy, I am really happy- I guess the joy as I mention above is a result of that. But on the other side the smallest of thing can make me sad / angry. I am trying to really take charge of my emotions and hopefully will be getting better at that.

Well starting week 3 now - going to take my meds as soon as I submit this post here.

Happy new year ladies and have lots of fun

:cheer::cheer:

xoxo ~Jessi