PDA

View Full Version : New years eve

Paula T
12-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Are any of you gals going out on new years eve dressed enfemme? If so how many are going to a mainstrem type place?:)

Leah Lynn
12-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm thinking about it, but it would be more fun with a group. And, my work schedule could change half a dozen times by then, so I can't make solid plans. But I sure want to!

Duana
12-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Absolutely going out dressed. And yes, to a straight place. That's pretty much all I go to. I've already got my dress picked out and I'm ready to shake my booty.

Melissa73
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
i cant new years eve, i woprk. but jan 2, is my 2nd transgender support meeting.....and i intend to go in a skirt and top and pantyhose and shoes... if i can find a wig in time, a wig.... but yes what a new years it will be

melissa

Paula T
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
did not comment on this subject maybe its just because most of the gals on this forum are so very much in the closet.:sad: New years eve was always a time for dressing up and going out for dinner and maybe some dancing when i was younger. The ladies always wore dressy clothes and the guys were usually dressed up too. Matbe we are becoming too casual in our mode of dressing for various events. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to hear more on this from the gals on this forum.:eek: We even used to rent a hotel room once in a while so we could imbibe a bit and not have to worry about driving back home intoxicated and dangerous to others and ourselves.:o

GondorRachel
12-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I am going to a friends house (who is aware and supportive of Rachel) en femme. I am currently trying to begin to decide what to wear...I feel so girly already! Closet full of dresses and nothing to wear...>.< . In reality I am leaning toward a black and silver glitter party dress that I barely fit into and a pair of strappy silver heels.

Cheryl T
12-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll be working that day so the only thing I'll be doing is watching the ball drop (MAYBE, if I don't fall asleep by then) on TV.

LaraPeterson
12-22-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll be in the middle of a hot, dry desert, dressed in some very unflattering clothes for New Year's Eve and Day. I can't complain though, I'll be there with some very good people, including my wife who will be on assignment with me--and that doesn't happen very often.

AnneB1nderful
12-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm plan to go out dressed. Still working out logistics. Hopefully can find a friend that is available to go out with. Still kinda a new at this. Would like to go to straight venue, but will not go alone. Even though I'm a big girl (6'4), and don't drink, I want to play it smart.

Raychel
12-23-2012, 09:38 AM
I will be home, Wife and kids will be around, I wont even get to dress like I want. Just guy mode for me.

Victoria StJohn
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Sadly, No. I always thought New Years Eve would be the greatest time to femme up and go out with the girls for dinner and maybe a drink or two. Halloween would be my second choice. Oh well, here comes another sad New Years. :sad: What's a girl to do? :daydreaming::daydreaming: Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to all. Cheers!

Beverley Sims
12-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Not this New year's eve but it is the best other dressing time apart from Halloween. :)

Kate Simmons
12-23-2012, 11:38 AM
It's doubtful. Parties are just too pricey around here. Probably will just celebrate with my GF and when it's empty, play spin the bottle. Works for me Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

abbyleigh001
12-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Typically, my celebration of New Year's Eve will be in the comfort of my home dressed... To me going out dressed is not an issue... Being safe is...

Sarah V
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Nope. Doing some (very male) volunteer work tonight in order to keep all you other wonderful ladies safe. One day I would love to go out dressed for New Years.

I Am Paula
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Going to a great restaurant with my wife. Hair and nails appt. at 4:00.-Celeste

RitaCD
12-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Normally I would go to the nearest LBGT club but it closed. And it was always so much fun. Now it's back to dressing at home.

All dressed up and nowhere to go. :(

Amanda M
12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm going to visit friends. Dressed. In my kilt! It may be a skirt girls, but it doesn't cut it!

Stephanie47
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
With opening the front door this morning (way tooooo early) to watch the grandchild for the day, I'll be lucky if I don't fall asleep on the couch by ten. In the old days my wife and I tried to start the New year off with a bang, if you know what I mean. I think there may be a different thread on that subject.

I Am Paula
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Rita CD- If you've been going out to LBGT clubs, why not just venture a little further afield, and hit a 'straight' place? -Celeste

missmars
12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
NewYear started 218 minute ago.

Lynn Marie
12-31-2012, 01:52 PM
New Years always seemed to me to be just another silly excuse to get drunk and act foolish. Sort of on par with "It's 5pm somewhere on earth, time for a drink". I enjoy a little buzz now and then, but have assiduously avoided heavy drinking since the first, and only, time I had difficulty staying in my own lane on the highway. Now that was really foolish!

Luna Nyx
12-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I will be dressing up but not going out.

joank
12-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm with Luna, I will be dressig but since I have nowhere to go, the dog and I will enjoy a movie or two. I may try to find some local fireworks to watch.

juliew
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
After a week in New Orleans, I am about "celebrated" out.:)

Vickie_CDTV
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd absolutely love to get dressed up and go out for new years, but where I happen to live there are no events going on, at the straight or gay places.

Noel Chimes
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Window of opportunity may have opened.:c9: Daughter and BF are going to a friend's house. I think they plan to be there all night. Here's my delima: Party is across town, in the middle of a snowstorm, car acting funny (transmission for my gearhead sisters) and is daughter REALLY staying all night? :Pullhair: QUESTION: Do I go for it or call it a night?:believeit:

drushin703
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I will definately be going out in about six hours from now. I have a figure flattering, black mini dress with sequins on the cuffs and large spiral-dangle earrings.
I'm just going to hang out at the local tg bar here in Detroit and then afterwards, since I don't drink, I will be heading home for some Fruitcake (hey freddy)
and Smart Balance fat free milk and watch the ball drop (sans dick clark) at 12:am. Happy New Year, everyone.....dana

Veronica Lodge
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes I will be going out totally dressed with a whole bunch of girls. It should be a hoot.
A friend is having a bikini beach themed New Year's Eve party.

I hope everyone has a fun & safe night.

DanielleT
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm going to a very large and well attended LGBT party. I think (hope) that I will meet lots of interesting people, other CD's, T-girls and maybe some lucky guy that will take me home for the night. I'm going to wear a short little black cocktail dress, black thigh high nylons , black heels and a tiny pair of frilly black panties. I'm going to go braless tonight, I have "enough" to look really good in the right kind of dress and I really do want to be a woman tonight, a total woman, if you know what I mean Wish me luck!

BLUE ORCHID
12-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi Paula, I'll probably be asleep by 10:00 and my wife will wake me up at 12:00 to wish me a Happy New Year.

AnneB1nderful
12-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Window of opportunity may have opened.:c9: Daughter and BF are going to a friend's house. I think they plan to be there all night. Here's my delima: Party is across town, in the middle of a snowstorm, car acting funny (transmission for my gearhead sisters) and is daughter REALLY staying all night? :Pullhair: QUESTION: Do I go for it or call it a night?:believeit:

Don't ever jeopardize safety for a little fun. Think about the advice you'd give your daughter under similar circumstances and then be the example.

Have very Happy New Year

sharonlb
12-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I'll be in bed long before midnight. A new year is no big deal to me. It is just another day on the calendar.

Priss2012
12-31-2012, 06:31 PM
LaurelM I feel the same way you do about men and being a total woman when with them.

AmyGaleRT
01-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm dressed, but my fiancee and I are at home celebrating. I'm wearing the closest thing I have to an evening gown, along with my new pashmina that just arrived today. (Yes, I'm taking pictures. Yes, I will post later. :) )

- Amy

Carrie R
01-01-2013, 02:35 AM
I was thinking of going out tonight, but found I had a headlight out, figured that was a sign to stay home.

RitaCD
01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Rita CD- If you've been going out to LBGT clubs, why not just venture a little further afield, and hit a 'straight' place? -Celeste

I have but not in quite some time. I even spent a week enfemme in Reno a few years ago and had a blast. Now I've lost my courage and trying to get it back. The local club was so easy and friendly. I really miss it.

MarcyRex
01-01-2013, 01:33 PM
The wife offered to go with me "EnFemme" to a restaurant, any restaurant as long as it wasn't local. I was a bit nervous and decided to hit a LGBT bar with a show in Detroit area. I got all gussied up and we went out. The venue left something to be desired and show started late, we had to depart before it started. In hindsight, I should've taken my wife up on the offer for a regular location to relax in and become an emmisary of good will and tolerance. Still, both she and I are more comfortable being seen. Confirms she has come a long way towards accepting my other half and now is starting to push me out the door. Bodes well.

I think I'll look for more opportunities around SE Michigan to take advantage of her confidence and mine as well.

AnneB1nderful
01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
The wife offered to go with me "EnFemme" to a restaurant, any restaurant as long as it wasn't local. I was a bit nervous and decided to hit a LGBT bar with a show in Detroit area. I got all gussied up and we went out. The venue left something to be desired and show started late, we had to depart before it started. In hindsight, I should've taken my wife up on the offer for a regular location to relax in and become an emmisary of good will and tolerance. Still, both she and I are more comfortable being seen. Confirms she has come a long way towards accepting my other half and now is starting to push me out the door. Bodes well.

I think I'll look for more opportunities around SE Michigan to take advantage of her confidence and mine as well.

I always love reading stories how an SO is accepting and more importantly engaging in our wonderful world. Althugh, sorry this outing didn't work out quite as good as you hoped.