PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?

Suzy Parker
12-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Some of my fondest memories I have are from my youth and especially the time spent dressing in my moms wonderful clothes. I had lots and lots of opportunities to dress and it was just heavenly. My mom had some really nice clothes. I often wish I could have a do over but with what I know today, that would be awesome. Sigh....I often dream of those days, very wonderful dreams.

Stephanie47
12-22-2012, 01:42 AM
My fondest memories of my youth did not include cross dressing. That was a period of self loathing, disgust and self doubts about masculinity. It would have been nice to have the information available on the Internet that exists NOW. The internet back in my youth would have been filled with the thoughts of the day, which would not have been supportive of any sexual minorities. It would not have made a difference of the styles of the day. I think anyone who is in their forties, fifties and sixties would prefer to have been a young adult now.

CindyT
12-22-2012, 04:15 AM
I too remember dressing in Mom's clothes when she was away, it was fun but being in my 50's now I know it wasn't acceptable back then which made it even more of a challenge! I was so nervous when I was dressed but it was a lot of fun!!!

Kate Simmons
12-22-2012, 05:46 AM
I pretty much lived it as you did and longed for the day when I could buy my own nice stuff. That time eventually happened and I was able to fulfill my dreams in a mature way. As they often say: "Youth is wasted on the young" but some of us have had a better handle on that than others.:battingeyelashes::)

reb.femme
12-22-2012, 06:09 AM
I think most people have said, "I wish I knew then, what I know now". A permanent lament to what might have been, but that's the story of my life :).

Maybe I would turn that round and re-live my time in the modern era, as the materials are so much nicer and affordable. Flannelette nighties in the Victorian years never did it for me :heehee:.

Rebecca

Angela Campbell
12-22-2012, 06:26 AM
I think most people have said, "I wish I knew then, what I know now". A permanent lament to what might have been, but that's the story of my life :).

Maybe I would turn that round and re-live my time in the modern era, as the materials are so much nicer and affordable. Flannelette nighties in the Victorian years never did it for me :heehee:.

Rebecca

Yes, and also in the words of Bob Seger.....I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then....

WifeofWrenchette
12-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Yes, I would have married my crossdresser husband decades earlier and not do half of the stupid things I did as a youth. Most of life would be totally different. I have deep regrets from my past.

annecwesley
12-22-2012, 07:17 AM
It's weird that the very thought asked in this discussion came to mind this morning.

I was basking in the thought of what I would have done as a teenager if I had known that there were other kids like me and that with a little effort I could have passed and enjoyed a memorable girlhood. One girl in highschool "accused" me of not being masculine - I should have been able to take that as a compliment and let it bolster my confidence! There were some girls who were real close friends who I'm sure would have helped me. They may even, I suspect, accepted me as "one of the girls" (at least part time). And of course there were other boys including one who we all thought was gay who, when I was at his house once, showed me a satin lined cape he bought - he put it on and twirled, and I wonder if he also did that in a hidden cache of skirts that we could have shared. I had an aunt who gave my mom bags of used clothes, some either too youthful or my size rather than my mom's. Did my Aunt guess? If I had confided in her would she have taken me shopping? A family services counselor I saw (for other issues) might have had a sympathetic ear and even might have smoothed a transition into girlhood for me. I was too fearful, uncertain and paranoid for any of this If I had only known then what I know now.....

Raychel
12-22-2012, 07:18 AM
My life scertaily would be alt differant if I had known then what know now.
I certainly would have come out as a crossdresser then.
I definitly would have changed whe I told my wife.

But that is all water over the dam now.

Claire Cook
12-22-2012, 07:32 AM
I feel very much as Anne does -- had I known more about what beiong TG meant, my life might have been very different.

abbyleigh001
12-22-2012, 07:57 AM
WOW... Yes... However times were very very conservative then... The computer and changing mores have allowed us to realize that we are by far not alone i.e. this lovely forum did not exist... I visualize in the not distant future where appearing in public in one's chosen gender will be accepted and common...

noeleena
12-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi,

The what could have or might have been had i known, had that been the case i would not be where i am now, you know the saying a time & season for every thing , that has been my case in simple terms as i look back i see the way it has been ,

apart from a few issues & lack of understanding , i did know some things that would work in my favour long term, ...How... no i did not know nore was i bothered about that, i knew it would be right, ill sum it up this way .

there was a program that would be best for myself & its worked i may not understand it yet its where im ment to be,
No i dont look back & think what may have been, i look forward to whats working & where i should be, & im content, & happy.

...noeleena...

Erica Marie
12-22-2012, 08:25 AM
If I knew back in my teens years what I know now I would have made many different decisions. Job, family, lifestyle decisions. But the path we took was really laid out for us by a higher power ( sorry not to offend anyone ) . I think back then I just didnt know what life was all about and growing up in a small town, you could say sheltered didnt help any. My advice to the youth today is get out, explore and take some chances. Some may backfire but the others will lead you to where you want to be.
The real problem is that life does not come with a handbook. And if it did some one didnt give me mine.

"Hind sight is 20/20" its easier to look back and say "dang why didnt I do that" than to look to the future and figure out what is the best for us.

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I have so many things like to do over, but the one thing I wish I could do is get back to the little child I once was and give help him to understand that this feminine part of him wasn't something to be ashamed of or afraid of. That underlying self doubt and self loathing tarnished so many aspects of my life. I still turned out ok,mi guess, but carried that weight needlessly for so many years. Yes, I'm sure I would have come out sooner and enjoyed myself more, but the real benefit would have been internal.

STACY B
12-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Yea to all the answers ,,, An I would be a Girl truck driver ,,, Now what cha think about that ? Woops ,,,Gotta watch that skirt ,,,DOH !!!

Sarah C.
12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
"Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?"

Every moment of my life!!!

Rachel05
12-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes I certainly do wish I could do that time again dressing wise with what I know now and allow myself to fully enjoy and embrace it as opposed the the angst and pain it caused me back then trying to understand why I was different !!!

joank
12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Zits, desire to fit, social pressure, insecurity---yep, all the good old teenage stuff. Its's rough enough now without that much of the afore mentioned (unless you still have them, like I do).

becky77
12-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Of course I do, I can't be alone in the isolation and turmoil suffered when young. Everything would have changed had I had even some of the knowledge I now have.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
If I was 20 again with what I know now I would be a very different person. :)

Ally 2112
12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Most of the time i answer yes to that question.Hopefully i would of acceppted my self more than what i did ,there was a lot of guilt and way to much purging !!.It was only about 5 or 6 years ago that i finnally came to terms with who i am and im much happier about it no guilt no more purging for me :)

SandraInHose
12-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I think it's safe to say a great many people would take a do-over with the 'if I knew then what I know now' caveat.

For starters, I'd be a millionaire rock star, and probably a cross-dressing one at that! I'd have been a trend-setter before Boy George and RuPaul! LOL

Kaz
12-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Some great answers! I agree with all of them I guess.. my life would certainly have been very different as I would have made very different choices. Now if I could be that child in today's world of opportunities is another altogether, and would lead to even different choices!! :devil:

Rachel Morley
12-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?
OMG yes! ...... and if I could I would for sure without a single doubt, embrace my feminine side earlier and without guilt.

Tess
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Getting a "do over" of some event in the past (long ago past for some of us) is one of my favorite daydreams. Wearing Mom's cloths, coming of age experimentation with either sex, or doing something different with my education. Fun and interesting stuff but I'm afraid any deviation from my actual decisions could well have resulted in a life that would be missing my greatest joys and accomplishments. But daydreaming about what might have been...all the time

Janelle_C
12-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes and No. I have a great life a loving wife two great kids three beautiful grandkids. If I could relive my youth with out the guilt and shame I might be Janelle right now. But I probably would have wife and kids and grandkids. I regret the guilt and shame but I am very blessed.
Hugs Janelle

Jocelyn Quivers
12-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally I would answer yes, but the more I think about going back into my youth and changing things for the better ex. not making dating mistakes and losing out on many potential girl friends, embracing my TG a lot sooner than I did, etc. would change things for the worse. Basically as downright sad, miserable, but also happy as my youth was, and the many attempts I made to "be normal" they all led to me 1. Meeting my lovely wife who is that wonderful accepting GG that I dreamed and fantasized about when I was younger. 2. For me being who I am today, any alteration of the events of my youth, no matter how painful and downright depressing they were, might have changed this outcome. Yes I might have been a milionare living in a mansion and official 1%er, but all of that would be wothless to be living the life and still trying to cure myself and get rid of my femm side.

Now if I could change things from my youth as far as TG issue's go. 1. I would have saved all of the JC Penny, Sears Catalogs, Fashion Magazines, etc. that my mother recieved. Unfashion related items 1. I would have never opened all the Transformers and GI Joe toys I recieved during childhood. To think how valuable an unopened vintage Megatron, and Optimus Prime from 1985 would be today. 2. I would have taken pictures from my favorite malls of my youth that are now demolished for the benefit of DeadMalls.com.

GiannaD
12-22-2012, 02:13 PM
If I could, I would have started dressing back in my early 20's; now I'm 48 and have SO much to learn!

AllyCDTV
12-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Growing up in a rough neighborhood with an alcoholic father, the knowledge I have today would not have helped much. A couple of body guards would have.

Debbie Kay Armour
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
When I was young I wish I had the courage to tell Mum how I was feeling inside, I came close so many times but I all ways lost my nerve. I would sometimes leave things in my room that were hers, she would retrieve them and say nothing, which I feel made it worse. If she had confronted me I would have told her the truth, about how I was feeling. Sometimes I think my life would have been much better if I had told her the truth. So yes I would like to re-live my youth, if I could I would have told the truth to my Mum and maybe could have started accepting my self much sooner.

Lady Catherine
12-22-2012, 07:47 PM
As much as I would have loved to go to Prom all dressed up, I really think I would rather do my 20's again with todays knowledge. Life would be so much better. I think I would have become a hairdresser or cosmotologist so I could dress as a woman more often and would most likely have been accepted for it here in South Florida.

LaraPeterson
12-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh my, yes! Hopefully, I 'd make a lot less mistakes, a lot more money, and spend a lot more time being who I've always wanted to be.

MssHyde
12-23-2012, 02:31 AM
I do
this time I wouldn't ride the motorcycle on march 5 my senior year of school, that put me on crutches for 2 years when the deer jumped in front of me. while I was doing 85 MPH

just before I broke my leg, I had a full head of curlers styling my hair, saying to my self I wish I was a girl.
(my right leg doesn't look so pretty now)

Sarah V
12-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Yes, I would love to as I think most anyone would. I know I would have at least indulged more into ballet at an earlier age then when I eventually did start. However, the world back in the 70's and 80's was no where near as accepting to the GLBT lifestyle as it is today, so I doubt there would have been much of a different lifestyle change that what I did have growing up.

ChelseaErtel
12-23-2012, 06:14 AM
No if I had to grow up in the 60's again - too conservative and TSs and transitioning was even more difficult than today. If I could grow up in the 90's or later then I'd have a chance to realize I was TS and a full life as a woman - I would be tempting. But I would never would not want to have my children and my wife so no, I would not go back now. I would miss them too much.

My childhood was not bad, but not ideal. I got caught dressing and reprimanded. Too much suppression and depression that I would not want to go back and relive my same life.

Connie D50
12-23-2012, 07:01 AM
I would love to go back 30 years and know what I know now with the help of sites like this one.

Sharon B.
12-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Yes , I would love to turn back the clock or years and do things differently even if it didn't involve crossdressing.

Sarah V
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Most certianly Yes. Had I known then about what I know now about being a TG/woman, I think I would have begun dressing much more fully (outerwer as much as underwear) away earlier when I started in childhood. I would have certainly also begun to try using make-up in my early adolesence. I think I also would have pushed my mom into letting me take dance as a child, instead of starting as a adult when I did.

Karren H
12-31-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd have practiced my slap shots more.... worked on skating skills.......

Angela Campbell
12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
It would not change my TG life much except I may not have married but then I would miss my kids. I would invest in some early startups like microsoft and apple.

ArleneRaquel
12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
You can't live or fret about the past. I live for today, which has been great for moi.

RitaCD
12-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Absolutely, Suzy. My mom had the most wonderful closet and dresser. I loved to try to emulate her appearance.

If I knew then what I know now, life would have been much, MUCH different.

Amanda M
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
There are some things I would have done differently, but not too many. I would not have made the mistakes that came between my wife and myself over cross dressing - mistakes which, fortunately, have been overcome. I would have been more tolerant. I might have become a proper Doc instead of a shrink.

I would still have had my time in the Army as a combat medic - and strangely, one of the best shots in the Army. Strange, isn't it? Trained so that I could kill at 1000 yards, yet my main job was to look after peoples health.

I think that as we mature, our values change. I used to be a hunting, shooting, fishing kind of guy, but one day, I shot a hare. I was inaccurate, and that little animal screamed in agony. I don't think I have ever felt such self revulsion in my life, because I did it just because I could. I did not need that hare to eat - and that strange little incident turned things around for me. Good God, I even scoop the fruit flies out of my red wine now. Overcompensation or what?

If there is nothing you would change, you are either blessed indeed.or blind to reality. Perhaps that little animal's death was not useless.

Amanda.

Sarah L
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
I honestly don't know. I am not sure how my parents would have handled it if I told them then. I never told my mom and she's gone now. My dad knows and accepts, but I am not sure about then.

Lynn Marie
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
I was terribly immature. Just a little bit more maturity would have certainly helped a lot. The trouble is that immaturity is the very definition of childhood and youth!

Sylvermane
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Sometimes I do. When I was 11 or 12 was the last time I fit in my moms shoes. Had I known then what I would become I would have taken more chances. One of the best memories I have was when I was 11 and mom and brother were gone all day, I spent the entire day dressed and roaming around in heels. Was the greatest day of my young life, I wish I had done that more often as I did have many opportunities but was to scared to get caught.

Cindia
12-31-2012, 02:36 PM
"Do you ever wish you could re-live your youth with what you know today?"

Every moment of my life!!!

I was going to say every damn day, but this is closer to it

Joanie_Shakti
12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
If I could go back and relive my life, I would avoid the credit card trap, set my education goals higher than junior college, pick a different career choice, and leave this podunk town I've lived in most of my life.

Crossdressing-wise, I would stock up on the panties that started my crossdressing, JC Penney "Day of the Week" bikinis. I've seen individual panties sell on eBay for over $50! A mint box would bring a small fortune. I would also stock up on Penney's "Nice-N-Spicy" slips. They came in such great colors and when you can find slips nowadays, They are just black, white, beige, and occasionally red. Of course, I would need to know to buy the clothing in the size I am now.

Having the winning numbers for a huge lottery jackpot or two would be nice too.

GinaD
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I am so much more comfortable with being girly now than when I was younger. I had a more feminine body then so it was easier to look like a gg. If I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen a different lifestyle and career path that was more conducive with my crossdressing. I would definitely have worked harder to keep a more feminine shape. I might have more seriously considered becoming a transsexual and becoming a woman. Who knows. I can only enjoy life as it is now.

Kelly Smith
01-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Most people wish they knew then what they know now: Every sports and horse racing long shot, the tech, housing and S&L bubbles, market crashes, IPOs, currency markets, art, gold...it would be like winning the lottery a couple hundred times.

dana 1
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd love a do over, if I could have the same wife.

S. Lisa Smith
01-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I am happy the way my life has turned out. It has its ups and downs, but taken as a whole it's pretty good. While I would have loved to have dressed more when I was younger, that may have changed the course of my life...

karynspanties
01-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Yes. I would start tansitioning as soon as possible. I am more comfortable emulating a woman tan being a man.

FeminineEmoBoy
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
guess im lucky finding my crossdressing habits at the young age of 2/3 or something with my sisters help :) x

Tiffany Ember
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I would've started dressing in my teens and then maybe transitioning to a full time woman in my 20's sometime.

Marlana
01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I'd love a do over. The only thing is, at the time I was a kid, there wasn't this level of aceptance of any type of non straight behavior. I may have been in therapy a lot sooner.

Sophie_C
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't try to do that, since it'll do nothing for my life, but sure. It would have been pretty amazing to know how the world would change and I would have transitioned around the age of 13 or 14, like I considered for only a split second.

Nancie64
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
I could say I would do nothing different but that would be a lie. If it was as easy back than as now, I would have loved it. Being able to get a makeover, and go back20 years not having this extra 25 lbs. I use to wear my sisters clothes (unknown to her) and some of her clothes were pretty neat for that time. But now, the nice skirts, heels, boots, wigs, tops, & all the accs. I could go on & on. I love it now, imagine what it would have been back than. Would have dressed more, but still would not have come out to family or friends. What a foolish question. :battingeyelashes:

Ozark
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
I wish I had not been so afraid of this part of me.

carolinewalker_2000
01-06-2013, 09:11 AM
As a "senior citizen", when I first felt the urge to crossdress there was no internet or other source of help, advice, or friendship. I felt that I was a "one-off"; now I know better! If I had the chance to start again, with my current level of knowledge, things might have turned out very differently.

Nanaya
01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I would never redo my life. My past was actually very painful, but it shaped me and made me who I am today. So I decide to cherish it regardless.

Brenn
01-06-2013, 03:10 PM
I have no regrets, but I probably would have liked to have done a bit more dressing in college where I probably could have gotten away with more.

Maria S
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I wish I started dressing when I was younger but then my whole life would be different and never met my lovely wife. Must remember the space/time continuim.

First Officer Maria

prene
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Now for me I would not change much.

I love my life ... oh yea I had issues but I ask me to relive another life as myself but younger and still male.

I would see a therapist and see about maybe start hrt and go to full time.

laura.lapinski
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I do, I do. For one, had I known at a yonger age that there were so many others out there who were a lot like me, that would have made it easier. I think I could have figured things out at a much younger age. So, given that, I would loved to have gotten together with other CDers at my young age. I'm sure my life would be a lot different today. :) :)

sometimes_miss
01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Absolutely. Avoid being molested, the whole being trained to be someone's girlfriend, giving the right answer to getting my face fixed before starting school, yeah, it would have made a whole lot of differences in my life. Woulda shoulda coulda. Hindsight is 20/20 vision.