PDA

View Full Version : Thank Goodness For The Internet?

Ann Louise
12-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Of course, it's the internet, after all, that makes this forum possible. But as I was booting up my machine today, I wondered, is this inner world I'm activating now by turning this machine on, and delving into my "inner" world, a larger percentage of my "reality" than the other "real life" part? And to the extent that it is or isn't a large percentage, is that a desirable condition?

My awareness of the psychological basis for my crossdressing (which I love) has in large part been informed by the content I've gleaned from the net, and this forum in particular. Has this information taken me more into an inner world that would have been much more sulbimated, and excluded me more from the "real," physical world that my body inhabits? If yes, or no, so what? Just wondering. You?

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm wary of letting the Internet displace my reality. I like to think. i live in a reality that has been changed or augmented by what I've learned and the people I've met here. Take what you can from here and apply it in your life. That's the best use of the Internet and this site.

SandraInHose
12-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Hell yes! For decades, I thought I was the ONLY guy in the world that wore women's clothes. For years I beat myself up mentally wondering what was wrong with me, and why I was so obsessed with pantyhose. Love my wife dearly, so why would I want to wear her clothes?

Thank God for the internet, which made me realize there a heck of a lot of us out there, whether we're transvestic fetishists, crossdressers, transvestites, or whatever label some talking-head wants to attach to us. And the internet was invaluable in helping my wife try to understand all this when she found out about my crossdressing about nine years ago. Not to mention the reassurance I get from many of your stories, advice, and experiences that tell me I'm certainly not alone in this crazy, wonderful 'hobby'!!!

Kaz
12-22-2012, 12:29 PM
It was the internet that helped to understand this side of me. I always felt I was 'normal' ie not crazy... but I had this silly little 'thing' that wouldn't go away. I stumbled on a site that sold breast forms and all manor of other CD things and I then realised that I was not alone and that there enough of us to actually create a market for this stuff!

That was the start of my acceptance and my development. So yeah the net has had a major impact and this site has definitely had the biggest! But I don't think the net 'created' Kaz... she was always there -the genie waiting to be released. Along came Aladdin and now she is never going back!

Rachel Morley
12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I wondered, is this inner world I'm activating now by turning this machine on, and delving into my "inner" world, a larger percentage of my "reality" than the other "real life" part? I don't know. Only you know how often you are not on this site or even on a computer at all ... but, as you have only just joined this site I expect you (just like the rest of us) were "all over it" when we first became members here. This site is infectious and I wouldn't doubt it for a moment that there are times were you are "overdosing".

That said, it's only a message board. There's nothing wrong with being excluded from the "real," physical world that your body inhabits from time to time ... or even extended periods as when you're here you probably enjoying yourself ... that's gotta be a good thing - right? :)

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 12:33 PM
It was the internet that helped to understand this side of me......I stumbled on a site that sold breast forms and all manor of other CD things and I then realised that I was not alone and that there enough of us to actually create a market for this stuff!...

Once again, an example of how market forces can help open up society!

Kaz
12-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Once again, an example of how market forces can help open up society!

They certainly 'can' be a driving force for change! The internet has been instrumental in shaping our society, both for the good and the not so good... but can you imagine life without it?

Without this forum.... no I don't want to go there! :eek:

suzy1
12-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I see this site not as just the internet or just an inner world but true reality because we are real people talking to, having fun with, and hopefully helping and encouraging each other as well.
And just like Kaz, I also felt normal all my life but had no idea of the number of others just like me.

The word that always pops up in my mind when I think of this forum is….WOW!

Beverley Sims
12-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Is this what you would call a Wreck creational bulletin board. :)

Kate Simmons
12-22-2012, 02:11 PM
The only answer to that that I have is that everything is as real as we make it. When you think about it, we create our own world and reality anyway based on sensory input and imagination. Whatever we agree on in connection with others is based on consensus anyway. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Shapeshiffter
12-22-2012, 02:59 PM
When I found this site I was a sullen old man just waiting for who knows what. I never thought I was crazy but never thought I was normal either. Now I am a I am a 59 year old women looking forward to a long life. This site probably saved my life.

suzy1
12-22-2012, 03:22 PM
When I found this site I was a sullen old man just waiting for who knows what. I never thought I was crazy but never thought I was normal either. Now I am a I am a 59 year old women looking forward to a long life. This site probably saved my life.

That’s amazing and so nice to hear. This is what this forum does to us.
We will have to see who can live the longest.:)

I plan to go on till a 100 plus.:heehee:

Cheryl T
12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
This "reality" provides so much information and possibility to accept ones self. I wish I had had it when I was 20. It wasn't until all this became available that I really began to accept myself for who I am and was able to confidently come out to others.

alwayshave
12-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Hell yes! For decades, I thought I was the ONLY guy in the world that wore women's clothes. For years I beat myself up mentally wondering what was wrong with me, and why I was so obsessed with pantyhose. Love my wife dearly, so why would I want to wear her clothes?

Not to date myself, but I have always dressed and remember reading in Penthouse Forum stories that involved crossdressing (mid to late 70s). I knew then I wasn't the only one who likes women's clothes. However, until the internet I never knew just how common dressing was or why I should be honest with my SO.

Lady Catherine
12-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Seems to me you are over thinking it. Just be.

LaraPeterson
12-22-2012, 08:14 PM
It's the Matrix, honey; this is red pill, out there is the blue pill; the longer we're here, the deeper the rabbit hole goes; wouldn't trade it for anything. The older I get, the more my fantasy of years ago becomes my reality.

vikki2020
12-23-2012, 12:56 AM
The internet has truly opened doors for me. If it were available 30 years ago---I can almost guarantee my life would be different today.

Barbara Ella
12-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Interesting thoughts. Life probably would be extremely different, but very difficult to say to what extent. I only know that I would not want to be without it. I know I would be intellectually stunted about what I do. i would spend way too much time stressing out about what I do. I would spend way too much time worrying about exactly what others thought about what I do. I would not talk to anyone about what I do. i would not know. i do not like not knowing (or at least having an idea).

I would be the same person I was becoming 15 months ago, a person my wife even admitted she was not liking as much, as I was so confused by life before I realized I was a crossdresser, and dressed for the first time. Joining this internet site two months after my realization/acceptance has truly made me a better person than I would have been.

Barbara

Angela Campbell
12-23-2012, 06:42 AM
I grew up and lived most of my adult life without the internet so I know what it is like not to have it. I knew I was trans long before the emergence and did ok. What I can say is the internet has helped me immensely to look better. It is how I learned makeup, ordered some of my cutest outfits, and learned about body shaping too. It has allowed me to meet others like me and let me feel less like I am all alone. No the internet is not my reality but it is a wonderful source of instant information that has helped me to shape my current reality. It has opened up avenues for my reality in real life.

noeleena
12-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi,

I came on the net 8 of 07. about 5 years, all up maybe a little before that, did not know how to use it knew nothing, could not write nore spell as to getting over what i needed to say,

well to say i was rubbish would only give you some idear, haveing dyslexia major plus other learning issues, would say what the hell was i thinking,

Why did i in the first place thought i may find friends around the world a big ask when i did not know what to talk about, 160 forums later iv learned how to have a converstion & at least try to get over what i thought was imposible in words,

Have met people from all round the world some face to face, others iv rung up so could talk with them . im not perfect & still mess up.

iv learnt about & got to know about those who are dresser's & trans & some like myself intersexed, so yes its been worth the hassle of learning something i could not do at school. even got told off because i could not writeproperly, or spell talk about being humiliated & embarrised, & i allmost gave up. so i keeped little by little working away at it spent 2 years trying, what a nightmare, still im still here, & im glad i stayed .

I have a real life as a woman very involved with our groups in the public domain & well known, family is very importaint to me & Jos, my time on here is well spent with the other forums & our women only forum , so is it real depends on the people those i know are real. & have contact with, so yes its part of my life like every other part i have,

...noeleena...

Frédérique
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
My awareness of the psychological basis for my crossdressing (which I love) has in large part been informed by the content I've gleaned from the net, and this forum in particular. Has this information taken me more into an inner world that would have been much more sulbimated, and excluded me more from the "real," physical world that my body inhabits? If yes, or no, so what? Just wondering. You?

My crossdressing did not originate from Internet participation, but the latter has polished it to a certain degree, as well as taken the proverbial bloom off the rose. It’s nice to know there are others like me out there in the gender wilderness, but pardon me for thinking that all is not beautiful. In many ways I was better off before I knew so much, but in other ways I have been profoundly inspired by some CD things I have encountered online. My real world is very much separated from the fantastic world I delve into, here or on other sites, and I am, if anything, even lonelier than I was before. It takes a lot of detachment to keep reality at bay, and the Internet certainly helps...

Beyond crossdressing, the Internet has enabled me to resurrect the past via images and emotions, research things I never had knowledge of, and explore strange new worlds. My imagination has, and will continue to, run wild. When I’m not on this site I’m walking through the dark forest of cyber-space, flashlight in hand, looking for something to excite my senses, or something to write about. By necessity, I must wear my cute skirt for these innocent (and not-so innocent) excursions! The “inner world” you refer to is very much part of my life, and I never thought that something this interesting would come along. In many ways, the Internet keeps me truly alive, and I can’t do without it...
:thanx:

rita63
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
No doubt finding this site and other trans related ones has made me much more comfortable as a cross dresser. I am dressing more going out dressed occasionally and shopping for femme items (got my ears pierced). They also gave me the confidence to start going to a local trans support group and meeting other local girls like me. The internet has expanded my dressing access to the real world and made me a more complete person.
hugs rita