PDA

View Full Version : Just been thinking.

Kimberlyfaye
12-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Thought I would put this question to you all.

Imagine you were, let's say 21 again, and you were offered the chance to stay 21 forever, would you take it?

I actually would. I don't want to grow old. I know when I get older I will give up doing this. I want to stay young if I CD. I wont do it once I reach a certain age.

I'm only asking as this struck me the other day when I was thinking about how I would handle being older and doing what we do. If I were female I wouldn't have a problem but just CDing I wouldn't like. Anyone else feel this way?

Kate Simmons
12-22-2012, 02:26 PM
The only reason we "age" Hon is that it's in the program to do so. There really is no such thing as linear time. That was only created so we could gain experience learning feelings and emotions.Age really has nothing to do with it. Who we are as a person does. PM me if you have any questions on this.:)

Barbara Ella
12-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Sweetheart !!! Hope you were not looking forward to giving up dressing when you get old enough, cause it is not something that "just happens." Trust me, you do not develop a dislike for dressing at an age. Granted, your tastes will have to change a bit, and this may be what you feel you could not do, but truthfully dear, wearing the short skirts, stiletto heels, and club fashions is not all there is to this, and you can do some of that for a lot more years than you could ever imagine at your tender age. And trust me, you can really enjoy the hell out of this even when on social security.

Barbara

RADER
12-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Being 21 again would for me being back in the Navy and being back in Viet-Nam.
I could not cross dress there, so it was not the "Best of Times"
I would like to know then what I know now, But hind site is always a bit flitting.
I am now retired, and have more time to both under dress and just plain dress.
That is not what I could do while I was still working. Construction just does not
lend to dressing or even under dressing.
So do I want to be 21 again, only to make my aches and pains go away, but I do
not want to go through the lase 45 years of my life again. I have been there and
done that; once was enough.
Rader

Kelley
12-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Not 21,maybe 35. That's a good age to be, I know I've tried them all through 58. Who knows maybe i will find 70 to be best but I won't know until I until I get there. Hmmm seems to be a paradox here

suzy1
12-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Would I like to be 21 again? This question is not exactly hard to answer.:eek:
I would sell my soul to the devil to be 21 forever.
Life is wonderful, I can’t get enough!:)

Kim, when you get older you will go on “doing this” Take it from me girl.:heehee:

SandraInHose
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
21? Maybe closer to 30-34. I was just more in tune with myself and the world by then rather than the naive unguided soul I was at 21.

But to stay any age forever? I don't know...kind of like the Twilight movies...Edward is what? 107 yrs old? but forever being a 17 yr old he still has to go to high school every day? LOL

Kaz
12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Being 21 forever but with the knowledge I have now would be amazing! Mind you forever is a long time! It would be great if I could have the body of a 21 year old for as long as I live, but keep the psychological development opportunities that life gives us.

And as others have said, you will think differently about giving up CDing as you get older... the need gets stronger not weaker!

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Doesn't matter what we want...we age. Make the best of the time you have.

Kimberlyfaye
12-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all your insight ladies. I just can't see myself as an older woman. I like the way I am now and I don't want to get to a point where I'm like 50 or 60, I get all dressed up and when I look in the mirror that girl has aged. I really don't want her to age.
I'm not comfortable with my tastes changing. I would still want to dress in clothes designed for girls in their mid twenties. I don't like the idea of wearing clothes designed for ladies of 50+. Even if I was 50+.

I know, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right?
Kaz, I like your point. Keeping the way I look now but still growing older would be amazing. Then that girl in my mirror could stay!

Jenniferathome
12-22-2012, 03:22 PM
You renegotiate everything as you get older. You'll be fine and cross dressing for decades....

stacycoral
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Miss Kim, i would to be 21 again, but this time being a hot girl with her whole life in front of her, as for RADER, i was 21 when i went in too, not in during war time, what would like life been if i was a girl back then, even if that i dress at that age, it was more private those days then now. I wish i could had that pill to change over night, owell, have a great day girl, hugs

Kate Simmons
12-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Getting older is not all bad Hon. I'm 65 but I'm happy to say I have a lot of TG friends, many here who are like adopted "daughters" to me, even though I was never able to have my own.:battingeyelashes::)

abigailf
12-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think I care too much about being 21, but I wouldn't mind looking it from time to time. I also don't want to live forever. It would be way too painful for one lifetime (well, two lifetimes in my case).

I remember when I was 21 and someone at work asked me about saving for retirement. I said I don't expect to live past 30 (thinking that was old, at the time). He laughed and just said, "Oh, that will change." and he walked away.

Guess what? He was right. It changed the day I knew I was going to get married and start a family; which was about 25.

The moral (and please don't take offense to this), you may feel that way now, but feelings and priorities like that change as you mature.

PS: I am 48 and I love what I see in the mirror. When I am 60, I will like what I see then too. I plan to look the best 60 that I can possibly look.

Oh, I think someone already pointed it out, but Cross dressing is not a choice.

Jana
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I know when I get older I will give up doing this.

Sweetie, there's no fighting the girl within. It's a given of gender dysphoria. You WILL get urges until the day you check out, whether you like or not. Now, you see, your body will age, and there's not much you can do about it. As for your mind, it will only age if you let it. It does get more experienced, but older? Never! :)

Brittany CD
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
...I am 21

I know when I get older I will give up doing this.

Same here

AllyCDTV
12-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd have to say, around 35 would be a better age to be stuck at. Still, while I am way older than that, I am not at all disappointed with how I look, feel or think. You might just find you like the way you look even better as you age - up to a point of course. I'd hate to see myself in a dress at 90. The shape you are in physically and your mental attitude is far more important than the actual years you have been alive. Work out, eat well, do your best to stay healthy and you will look good for a long time. As far as dressing appropriately for your age, I've never seen tags on clothes that give an age range of who can wear them. Dress as you like (remember "mental attitude") and damn those who tell you that you are not appropriately dressed for your age no matter what it is. If you are lucky healthwise and have good genes, about the only drawbacks that come with age are a few more wrinkles to hide and not being able to move quite as fast as you used to.

BTW, I turned 60 in August and the my signature pic and the ones in this thread were taken just a couple of weeks ago. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?185613-First-Pic-Set-New-Pleather-and-Skater-Dresses-and-New-Boot-Part-1&highlight=

PaulaAnn
12-22-2012, 03:46 PM
You are as old as you think you are....age is just a number.
PaulaAnn

Vickie_CDTV
12-22-2012, 04:02 PM
As my mature (now in her late 60s) ex-girlfriend likes to say, "Getting old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative."

Take it from someone in their 30s, you will age, eventually (if you are lucky, not everyone gets to grow old sadly.) While you may not have the youthful "ideal" body (the "ideal" our ageist, sizeist and overall shallow culture thinks is ideal anyway) when you get "old", what you will gain something far greater, experience. It sounds like a load of bunk when one is young, I know, but it is something you will realize and appreciate when you get there.

Statistically, for most, transvestism is for a lifetime, no matter how old or how large they get; it is something they can't stop, even if they want to.

bridget thronton
12-22-2012, 04:02 PM
About 35 would be better (done with school in my first full-time academic position building a computer science department)

Pixie
12-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Be happy with who you are & the rest will short itself out. I went skydiving for my 50 th birthday. At 51 I met my soul mate, who happens to be a CDr. Enjoy all of it, life is grand & too short.

Cheryl T
12-22-2012, 05:57 PM
No thanks...I'll take the aging process. If I was 21 then I'd have to go through all the "growth" that others wanted to see in me to be accepted as an adult. That age brings with it the idea that we are just reaching "maturity" in the eyes of society and we still have much to learn. Having all that knowledge at that age would be very frustrating to me. Besides, then I would have to watch all my friends and loved ones age and die as I didn't change and was left alone.

Tracii G
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
21 no way, 30-40 yes that would be fantastic.You know so much more at 30 than you do at 21 because you really are still a kid at 21 and have not had enough experience in the way things really are.At 21 you are at a very idealistic age.
I see you are 27 and have probably noticed how much one changes from 21 -27.
I just turned 60 and don't feel older than 35 most days because of my attitude towards life.Most people think I'm in my late 40's early 50's.
Even my kids say I don't act my age.
Its all about attitude and making the most out of life.

Deedee Skyblue
12-22-2012, 06:08 PM
...I am 21

{Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post I know when I get older I will give up doing this.}

Same here

Wanna bet? I think you might be surprised, and find out as you get older, that it is more difficult to stop than you expect it will be.

Deedee

SAMANN
12-22-2012, 07:10 PM
The body and health that I had @ 21 would be great but wisdom comes from experience and that I have.

mikiSJ
12-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Being 21 again would for me being back in the Navy and being back in Viet-Nam.
I could not cross dress there, so it was not the "Best of Times"
I would like to know then what I know now, But hind site is always a bit flitting.
I am now retired, and have more time to both under dress and just plain dress.
That is not what I could do while I was still working. Construction just does not
lend to dressing or even under dressing.
So do I want to be 21 again, only to make my aches and pains go away, but I do
not want to go through the lase 45 years of my life again. I have been there and
done that; once was enough.
Rader

Rader

You wrote my post, almost exactly as I would have stated my experience. Thank you.

USNR 1965-67 U.S.S. Constellation CVA-64, Yankee Station 1966

LaraPeterson
12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi Kimberly, I wonder what you'll be saying when you are 31, 41, and 51. If you are like most of the rest of us, you'll just laugh it off and keep on going. I hope that's the case, anyway.

tiffanyjo89
12-22-2012, 09:33 PM
I am 23 and feel that I have some experiences at 23 I could not have handled at 21. Being in the 18-23 range (perhaps 22, so I don't feel too young, but still young, but with more of the body of my 17 year old self, how I miss the smaller waist I had then) I feel that this is an age that is hard to deal with in today's society, and keeps getting harder.

I would not want to be like Edward Cullen though and be in a perpetually 21 year old body and have a wife who aged normally and be in our 40s/50s. That would look weird IMO. Now would I like certain features of 21? Yes, like my legs, but not my face, at least not forever. I would, however, prefer if my face, at 50, looks 38. Why? I would like to know I took care of myself properly.

Leah Lynn
12-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Sweetie, at 61, I'm kicking it in overdrive! There's a lot of woman left in this old body and soul.

Beverley Sims
12-23-2012, 12:50 AM
For us older ones that are not 21, I would like to revisit 21 but not live the pain, anguish and suffering I had later in life.
No it is not all that bad there are a lot of good times there. I did have a lot of better times at 20 and my life would have gone in a different direction if I knew then what I know now. Having been there, done that, achieved most of my goals I am looking to skiing in Switzerland again next year and maybe Aspen.
I have set goals that need to be achieved and there is no going back.
That is in my dreams.
To achieve goals we all have to dream. :)

Ann Louise
12-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Would I like to be 21 again? This question is not exactly hard to answer.:eek:
I would sell my soul to the devil to be 21 forever.
Life is wonderful, I can’t get enough!:)

I'm with you Suzy... sign me up

noeleena
12-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi,

My Mom put on a lovely spread for my birthday, 21 & i had quite a few friends there, plus our family, my only ? would be , would i have been accepted then as i am now, i dought very much i would have been because im intersex, how would that have been seen. in 1967, no way, i knew long before then to be quiet & did for many years, to go back i could not be who i am now,

My friends have accepted who i am i cant ask for more & nore would i, 55 years was my training ground hard & tough at times, i know what i was like, im happy where i am now, im 65, yea im cool with that,

...noeleena...

MssHyde
12-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Yes, I'd take 21, but I'd like to know what I know now as well as what I have forgotten.

if it was 21 forever as a woman yes and if I never had the effects of the y chromosome better yet.

Silmaril
12-23-2012, 03:29 AM
When you're 21, to wake up the next day and be 50 would be shocking. But if you make your way to 50 day by day the usual way, you don't even notice it happening. Some things are lost, but others are gained. And if you're like I am, you'll still feel 21. Don't worry about the future; live in the here & now.

GaleWarning
12-23-2012, 03:33 AM
I am 19 at heart. Growing old is not a bad thing ... as long as one retains a positive outlook on life.
I have known people who were old in their thirties, and my landlady, at 84, is still youthful and vibrant!
Consider Mick Jagger! If I have half his energy and vitality when I reach his age, I shall be surprised.

Kathy4ever
12-23-2012, 03:56 AM
I tend to lean towargd 26 or 27 years of age. I think at 21 most don't make a lot of money and are still at home or in school. In certain ways I would luv to be young again because there was no internet when I was 21 or even at 27. To be young again my progress would of been accelerated like it has over the past few years. Instead of wishing about age I always wish to be shorter and thinner with some hips and smaller feet and have fem cheek bones and other fem traits.

Angela Campbell
12-23-2012, 06:51 AM
When I was in my 20's my life was very hard. I was beginning a career, going to college full time at night and trying to learn how to raise my kids. I would not want to be there again now. The 30's were a little better. My life now is much better but I wouldn't mind looking a bit younger as dressing for my age is sometimes less interesting. It would be nice to be able to wear shorter skirts and more revealing tops I guess, but I think my age allows me to blend better. Who knows.

CynthiaD
12-23-2012, 02:50 PM
When I was 21 I was in the army training to go to Vietnam. (Fortunately I never got there.) no, I wouldn't go through that again. I miss being young and vigorous, but I get a lot more respect now that I'm old, and I wouldn't want to give that up. I like being able to give people advice without being treated like a young smart-alec.

xdressed
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all your insight ladies. I just can't see myself as an older woman. I like the way I am now and I don't want to get to a point where I'm like 50 or 60, I get all dressed up and when I look in the mirror that girl has aged. I really don't want her to age.
I'm not comfortable with my tastes changing. I would still want to dress in clothes designed for girls in their mid twenties. I don't like the idea of wearing clothes designed for ladies of 50+. Even if I was 50+.

I know, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right?
Kaz, I like your point. Keeping the way I look now but still growing older would be amazing. Then that girl in my mirror could stay!

I feel exactly the same, old age has always been something I've worried about but looking at a lot of the people on here we probably don't have anything to worry about ^_^

ReineD
01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
My SO told me that when she was young, she was sure that she wouldn't want to crossdress past middle age. Now, she is middle aged and she knows that she will be a CDing grandma.

It just never goes away, even after youth and beauty have faded away.

... just like a real girl. We can't stop from getting old either.

FaithGrace
01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Damn right I would! Back then, I was really thin, had great skin, and could have much easier have passed as a woman than I do now. If only I would've had the guts then to do it!

Julie Gaum
01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
When I was in my youth I knew more than my parents but as I aged I realized they weren't so dumb (misquoted from Mark Twain).
It is true and now at 87 I realize more and more how little I do know (every app invented is already obsolete when it hits the market).
As these posts already said many times the urge doesn't go away --- trust me. One of the first movies I ever saw was Lost Horizon --- a British novel made into a movie. It was about a group of explorers in the Himalayan mountains who stumble upon a valley where nobody ages.
Only upon leaving that valley their bodies gain the years that were suspended. The valley was called Shangri-La. Made a strong impression
upon a kid but I must find my Shangri-La in the here and now as must you.
Julie

Leah Lynn
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
At 21 I felt immortal and decided to flame out before I could grow old and and fizzle out. It didn't happen (I thank my late wife for that!) and I'm growing old. It's not all that bad. However, old age ain't for wimps. BTW, what are 50+ clothes supposed to look like?

Nathalie Antoinette
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
At 58, I'm really just getting started in all of this. Would I like to have my 21 year old body back? Sure. But, the only way I would go back to 21 is if I could go back with all of the knowledge and experience I have now. I would do a lot of things differently armed with the knowledge and experience I have now. I'm wise enough now to know that just having that young body back would not be enough. :-)

Launa
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
I have made a promise to myself that I will CD till the the day I die. If I'm in an assisted care unit one day I hope to have enough cash to be getting help fron the nurses changing into granny panties.

Unless I'm sick then thats the way I will be going out. Womens panties, silk nightgowns, emoo dresses, women's sandals and wigs!!!!

Annette Anderson
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
At 21 I felt immortal and decided to flame out before I could grow old and and fizzle out.

Yes,add alcoholic blackouts too that,waking up in hooker wear,frightened to death that maybe someone saw me,trying to remember where i hid the bag of weed in case i got stopped by the cops,no internet,no friends that would appreciate my red 5" heels. Hairy eyeballs when "wandering" into the womans section to shop.Hiding in motel rooms,wondering why the hell am i doing this?.Well ok maybe i would want to go back because i was very slim and my legs looked good in pantyhose,i could shop in the petite section and just grap things from the rack

Abigail
01-25-2013, 06:06 AM
I sometimes think it would be fun to live my life again, knowing what i do now.
I possibly wouldnt mind staying the age i am now, i'm nearly 50 btw, feel free to take a look at my recent post in the photo section and some of the other photos of older members. As far as i'm concerned age doesnt make a difference, feel free to ask me again when im 60+ :D