PDA

View Full Version : Oops

babe4life
09-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I decided last night that I wanted to sleep in my nightie instead of the usual "drab" stuff. I went fairly "whole hog" except for make-up. I was in bed, when I hear these footsteps coming up the stairs. :eek: My mom came into the room wanting me to open something. All I could think of doing was diving under the covers and telling her I would be right down.

What a horrid experience! Of course she asked why I was hiding under the covers, but I just sort of fluffed around the issue. I am sure she knows! I mean, who wouldn't after that? :confused:

I really need to start to listen to that nagging little voice that says don't do it! :D

Fortunately nothing was said about it today, but I am sure it will come up one of these days ...

Oh! I decided to change my avatar. What y'all think?

Love,
Vicky

kristi cd
09-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Uh-oh, that doesn't sound too good. :p If your parents are like mine it would have come up by now, so I think the longer it goes the better off you are. ;) Doesn't it seem like that little voice is always right though? :rolleyes:

babe4life
09-19-2004, 10:17 AM
I really, really should listen to it way more often than I do :D.

Amelie
09-19-2004, 10:20 AM
You're lucky you didn't get caught. Your parents would have sent you to the Transvaal Province for transvestites.

I like your new avatar, you look so relaxed, very comfy.
Love Amelie

babe4life
09-19-2004, 10:26 AM
:p
You're lucky you didn't get caught. Your parents would have sent you to the Transvaal Province for transvestites.

What do you mean "sent?" I live in it! Literally! OK, it has changed name and become a subset, but this province did form part of Transvaal many years ago before the new government stepped in. I live in Gauteng now, just a blighter to pronounce!

I like your new avatar, you look so relaxed, very comfy.

Thanks Amelie. Just for you, no smile :D - trying to go for the model look again ;)

Julie
09-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't remember how many times my heart ended up in my throat from close calls. One good thing is parents are usually a lot more understanding. You also have the added plus of living in an age where it's less horrific than when I was living at home about 35 years ago. I didn't even know what the word for it was until I read an article in Time magazine as a sophomore in high school!
Just remember to keep being yourself. Try not to let guilt get in your way. And as far as listening to that voice, isn't it wonderful when we don't at times?

Virtue
09-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I've had some of them, damn there horrible. thing is right now i don't have a door on my room as its a conversion and were my door should be leads into my brothers room, so im always on the edge. I remember hideing under the covers like that before I don't think my mom noticed though. :)

Rachel Ann
09-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Vicky

Maybe she just thought your were playing with yourself or something (hope springs eternal).

I love your av, I love all your pictures, I think you are beautiful!

DonnaD
09-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Love the AV!

And I hope everything goes smoothly with the almost getting pinched thing. I really wish you could just wiggle your nose like samantha and become invisible lol.

Donna.

crispy
09-19-2004, 10:13 PM
The worst bit is that at the age of 27 your Mum doesn't automatically respect your privacy. Maybe your chosen name tells us something about your status within the family ..... ?

Neither me nor my wife would dream of entering my son's bedroom. He is a similar age.

I don't how you can fix that. :confused: Somehow you have to let her know that you're a big boy now. Good luck.

babe4life
09-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone,

And as far as listening to that voice, isn't it wonderful when we don't at times?

It can be. I suppose other people jump out of aeroplanes to get the adrenalin rush. What a way to go!

thing is right now i don't have a door on my room as its a conversion and were my door should be leads into my brothers room, so im always on the edge

Ouch. Note to self: start collection for Virtue's door! :D There are definitely times when I would LOVE an intercom system or early warning system! Unfortunately, by the time it triggers, it would be too late

Maybe she just thought your were playing with yourself or something (hope springs eternal).

Hmm, what a thought!

And I hope everything goes smoothly with the almost getting pinched thing. I really wish you could just wiggle your nose like samantha and become invisible lol.

You and me both! Think of all the possibilities! Like actually going shopping for items and not be embarrassed

The worst bit is that at the age of 27 your Mum doesn't automatically respect your privacy. Maybe your chosen name tells us something about your status within the family ..... ?

We have always had an open door policy. The only door that is *ever* closed is the bathroom door while occupied. Seems to be a South African thing, because I don't know all that many people that tend to close their doors. Heck, not even while getting dressed very often - it is usually a matter of turning away from prying eyes when you want a bit of privacy :eek:.

Crispy, I am intrigued. What do you mean about my chosen name? Am I missing something here? :confused:

Oh well. What do they say? It adds to the spice of life!

Thank you to everyone for your responses! And the favourable comments on the avatar.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Vicky

chantelle
09-23-2004, 03:56 PM
When we think we are alone,wham in comes someone
unexpected into our lives.Maybe it was a sign, Babe that you confes
your true nature.[/FONT]

babe4life
09-24-2004, 03:41 AM
Chantelle, I have often thought about it. On a previous ocassion when I sort of came out, it didn't go too well, so I tend to keep it all very much to myself now :(.

crispy
09-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Crispy, I am intrigued. What do you mean about my chosen name? Am I missing something here? :confused:

Love,
Vicky

Just thought that having you Mum come into your bedroom might be linked to being her baby for life ..... no?? OK, forget I mentioned it !! :p

take care ;)

babe4life
09-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Actually, that is pretty accurate, although that is not what I had in mind when I chose it :D

Val Tan
09-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

We have always had an open door policy. The only door that is *ever* closed is the bathroom door while occupied.
Love,
Vicky

sounds just like my family :(