PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing New Year's

Lorileah
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
New Years eve?

I know what I will be doing and a year ago it would have seemed impossible.

I used to tend bar for the veteran's club I belong to. I gave it up over a year ago when the combination of the manager of the bar,the same band every time playing music I don't like, lack of decent tips (6 hours-20$...uh no) and the fact that I still do work for a living...sort of...kind of, and closing at 2 AM and then having to be at work at 8:30 really wasn't a lot of fun. They found others to replace me.

Well the manager was sent packing after he was exposed as an ass (insulting female member by calling the slu*s...well that was the last straw). When he went the band did too. tips? well they are what they are when you serve this crowd. Hours still suck, but the new bar manager asked me to work New Year's Eve. Hey, I am single so it wasn't a big deal.

Last night was the monthly birthday dance. I don't usually go there either but one of our members works for FEMA and he got 6 days off (and that is literal, he has worked everyday since 11/4) so we combined a welcome home party. And I told them I was coming as Lori (yes they all know there are posts that tell that story). I was joking with the bar manager about being Lori the night I was working. He said it was a good idea. I still wasn't serious. But the guy who is working with me that night said "Hey quit thinking about yourself...think about me." I told him I was joking but he added "No, think about me, Lori will make us a lot more tips". So, what can I get ya pal? Top shelf? Lori will be working the bar New Year's eve (if I can find my flats. The rubber mat has quarter size holes in it.)Even if it isn't a good paying gig it will be fun.:cheers:

Also last night the band asked my cohort bartender to sing and he dragged me along. Then he left me there...alone. I sang :) The band was impressed and asked if I wanted to come to the next gig, Dunno if they want me to sing:idontknow:

The people who I feared are now gone and the rest a the club all love me. I was worried for far too long over once again, something that would not happen. I am their transgender representative.

For what was supposed to be a quiet weekend, I will not be home much. Today I went and got my wig refurbished and then was supposed to meet a friend 4 hours later. So I killed 4 hours with my friends at StudioLites. went to dinner with one of them and then off to the place to meet my friend. So nothing on the house list got done.

Tomorrow I have to sell hamburgers (another thing I was volunteered for. Monday I may go to church. On my own free will. Tuesday with my brother, weds...nothing, Turs sing a long , Friday and saturday both penciled in singing at the crown. Monday, tend bar. Tuesday...lay around with a beer in one hand and a potato chip in the other dresses as a slob....OK not :)

Everyone have a safe holiday and drive carefully. Know when t say when. Don't kane me shut you off.

GaleWarning
12-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Ah , the joys of being single, unattached and able to react spontaneously!
You rock, Lori!

(I aint too woried about drinking and driving this festive season ... aint got no car.)
:love::love::drink::love::love:

Kaz
12-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Sounds like a good deal Lori! I'll be at home with various family members. Kaz will be in my head for next couple of weeks rather than in reality! Well, I can escape to my home office every now and then!

You go for it! xx

Sarah V
12-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a lovely time. I am off work for 3 weeks, and I am doing a lot of Sarah things I normally do not have time for. Just loving this time of year.

Sandra bailey
12-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Well its a quiet Christmas for me and the Mrs here in Cyprus we are having Christmas dinner at church in Limassol but apart from that nothing else, we are waiting to hear about a new job running a small hotel together so because its live in we are getting the house ready to close it, but we will be partying ourselves we've bought each other lots of clothes jewellery and makeup so we will be well glammed up this Christmas xxx and best wishes to you all

Raychel
12-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Wow, Lori, What a week, What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes, or at least be a close by friend. Sounds like a fantastic week.
I am glad all worked out well for you at the club.
Remember Cleavage = Tips. :heehee:

It will be another quite year here, Only wishing and dreaming that I could get dressed up all pretty and go out.

Shelly Preston
12-23-2012, 07:19 AM
I expect to be be having a quiet time at home maybe with a few friends.

Lori if you have to work you should enjoy being yourself while doing it :D

Best wishes to all of you for 2013

cdinmd206
12-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I was planning to head to Freddies in Arlington, VA. However the long range forecast for New Years Eve is snow and since it is already a 1.5 hr drive I guess I will probably stay at home.

kimdl93
12-23-2012, 07:33 AM
You've got a pretty full week. It seems that You bring out the best in everyone you meet. More tips, better music and greater acceptance for all of us!

Our New Years eve will be spent at home. In bed by 10. Never been big on going out on amateur night.

ronda
12-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Lorileah sounds like a fun holiday season for you have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Hugs Ronda

Miranda09
12-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Now that sounds like a fun time at the bar Sis (bet the tips will be rolling in now!). Have a wonderful time at New Years and also have a great Xmas. :cheers:
:hugs: :drink::drink::drink:

catriona36
12-23-2012, 08:27 AM
will be out on Sydney harbor on my boat watching the 9pm and midnight fire works :)

Lady Catherine
12-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you have a fun and exciting week of festivities planned.

I will be at home, as always, on New Years Eve, as there is only one road in the Keys and I refuse to share it with all the amatuer drunks that are out that night. I would like to stick around this life a little longer.

linny_aggy
12-23-2012, 09:23 AM
trying to work out a plan to get away & tuck myself in some corner..and try out the new bottle green sari i picked up..

Beverley Sims
12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Sounds like you have a fun and exciting week of festivities planned.

I will be at home, as always, on New Years Eve, as there is only one road in the Keys and I refuse to share it with all the amatuer drunks that are out that night. I would like to stick around this life a little longer.
Sounds sad but wise.
It is one long road from no where to nowhere down there.

DonniDarkness
12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Lori,

I have a super skinny gown that ive had for a year...and never worn out...im going to rock it to the club with my wifey..

Its silver, floor length, side slit, backless and SEQUINS!!!!!! Im going to like a cheap 70's Tinsel strand from the xmas tree!!! LMAO

But ill be fabulous,
-Donni-

susie evans
12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
sounds like fun to me i no susie will be going out and haveing a good time

hugs susie

KatieTaylor
12-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Sounds like you are going to have fun Lori. Enjoy your evening. I'm going to a fancy dress (costume) party for new year. The plan is to go as Katie, if my SO will allow me.
Katie x

Dana921
12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi Lorileah,

Hope your holidays work out great! Sounds like you have it all planned. amazing how so many people support us when we are simply being ourselves. You are proof of that!

Dana

Eryn
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
We'll be going out to dinner with friends and I'll be in boy mode. No big deal that, since the invitation came from boy world friends.

sometimes_miss
12-24-2012, 02:48 AM
I'll be working. Same as every other year.

linda allen
12-24-2012, 08:03 AM
What are you doing New Year's Eve?

If history repeats itself, my wife and I will stay home to watch the celebration on TV but fall asleep and miss it. Too much noise and too many drunks to make it enjoyable out somewhere. Besides, it's just another day.

DanielleT
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I have been invited to several LGBT parties, which I am very much looking forward to. For one thing, I can be out in public, fully dressed and in the company of those who will accept me for the woman I am. Also, I am secretly hoping to meet up with a nice guy for my first intimate experience as a woman.

~Joanne~
12-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I will spend the night with the family as I always do so I will have to be in drab for new years eve but have the net couple of days off , a few new outfits, and a new camera ! yay! Have fun bar tending and making some huge cash for your co worker!

Persephone
12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow, Lori!

Sounds like you will be having fun on New Year's Eve!

Tight, short, and sexy, girl! They'll be ordering the "top shelf" stuff just to see you reach for it! As Raychel wrote, "Remember Cleavage = Tips!"

Have a wonderful time! And, please, if you can, post pictures!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Leah Lynn
12-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Wow, how great is that? I swear you have the life that us other girls just dream of!

Rebecca W.
12-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi Lori.

What a nice way to ring in the New Year! I wish you all the best and enjoy your time dressed as Lori. They will want Lori there all of the time now!

Take care and enjoy the New Year safely.

Rogina B
12-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Stocking tops slightly appearing as you bend and reach!! Give em a little to feast on,and some to fuel their fantasies! lol

becky77
12-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm going to a party with friends, going to get dressed in a sparkly dress with some killer heels. Oh that's right i'm not allowed! So i'm doing the same thing in boring Bob mode, they would have a much better time if they could meet Becky :D

Harry
12-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Full body waxed, nice haircut, black bra, red sphagetti, blue denim skirt, painted nails, heels.
All dressed up shopping in mall!

Angela Campbell
12-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Well I don't drink.....I am uncomfortable in crowds.....and I will be on call and may have to leave at anytime to go to work, so I will be sitting at home all alone and watch the world go by.