PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Your Mom Knows and/or Knew But..............

Suzy Parker
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM
......never said anything. I started dressing at about age 6 in my mothers clothes and never got caught. I was always very careful to return everything to its proper place when finished. Mom was a very neat and tidy person though. I know I could never have returned everything to its proper place and folded exactly how she would do no matter how hard I tried. I often wonder if she knew and just never said anything to me thinking I would just grow out of it. I wonder about that to this day.

Hey Mom, I Never Grew Out Of It!

Danielle_cder
12-24-2012, 05:12 PM
my mom knew, never liked me using her things (which i agree with) so she was nice and got me my own things:)

This past halloween we hung out, my house gets bombarded by trick or treaters, my mom loves handing out candy. She went as the queen of hearts me as you all know me;) Im not much for handing out candy to youngsters as it feels weird. So I made sure the tv was well watched while she attended the door and handed out candy.

Gretchen_To_Be
12-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Suzy, I think she definitely knew, but because I had a brother 2 years older than me I don't think she ever figured out which one of us it was! I too was careful, but now that I see how stretched out a pair of hose is, or smell the distinct difference on lingerie that my wife wore and that I did, I realize now I was a fool.

The funny part is that I believe she thinks to this day it was more likely my brother. Because while I was a good student, later an Army officer and paratrooper, he grew his hair long, got tattoos, used drugs, was in a band, and wound up in prison. He's better now, but I think in her mind he was already way off the rails...so the cross dressing was just one more thing!

Hey, mom, it was me! And I never grew out of it either!

adraine
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
well , my mom did catch me , but i don't really remember what happaned with it ,must not have been the end of the world or i would have rememberd it better,other than that i was able to grow my hair out it was the summer of 1969,so it wasn't uncommon for a guy to have long hair ,but i cherished mine and played dress-up in my sisters dresses that i think my mom gave her , I never had my own though. Then my father came home from vietnam ,and my world came crashing down , with-in days i was wearing a crew -cut ,and the gurl went into hiding for decades , only recently coming out to the general public,my wife of 23 years knew about adraine before we were married,but it was very very low key , I mentioned it to my mom (only because my uncle her brother caught my wife and i coming out of a gay bar after i had finished a drag show and i was dressed to kill )and i didn't want gossip about what i was doing getting back to her with out it coming from me ,so I mentioned it and she said she always knew , but kept hoping that it was a phase i would out grow opps just hid it really well i guess

Phoebe
12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
My mother had me wear dresses when I was four and five years old. She made dresses for the neighborhood girls and if the girls were the same size as I she would have me stand on a chair so she could place straight pins around the bottom to make the hem straight. A few times she had me model those dresses for the neighbor women in the living room of the house. She made a little extra cash making dresses and her Singer Treadle operated sewing machine was used quite a lot.

I think my mother suspects I still wear women's clothes and has never confronted me about that suspicion.

Gillian84
12-24-2012, 07:04 PM
In my teens, I was dumb enough to put some of my personal panties through the wash. Mom found them and asked about them, but didn't push the issue.

Rogina B
12-24-2012, 07:32 PM
My mother knew and encouraged my exploration starting at age 6. It is a secret she took with her..I am glad for her openmindedness..

Chiana
12-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I am sure my Mom knew that something was up. But she chose to stick her head in the sand rather than ask me about it.

Abbygirl
12-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Mom knew - when I was about 7-8 I used to steal panties out of the hamper and wear them to bed- one time in the morning I stashed them under my pillow instead of returning them to the hamper. Went into the bedroom after school and they were gone. I never brought it up and neither did Mom.

sandra-leigh
12-24-2012, 08:08 PM
My mother claims she never knew.

Angie G
12-24-2012, 08:26 PM
My mom never knew but I don't think it would have been that big a deal.My dad dressed but neve knew I knew.:hugs:
Angie

Angie G
12-24-2012, 08:28 PM
My mom never knew but I don't think it would have been that big a deal.My dad dressed but neve knew I knew. He never knew I dressed.:hugs:
Angie

S. Lisa Smith
12-24-2012, 08:52 PM
My Mom has told me she didn't have a clue. I really don't know how she missed it...

justmetoo
12-24-2012, 09:03 PM
I came out to my mom several years ago and she didn't know, but accepted it immediately. She's just a very open and accepting person. I also came out to my sisters and they also had no clue, but have been very accepting.

Tara D. Rose
12-24-2012, 09:07 PM
My Mother never had an idea at all. I guess I was just too careful in that. No one ever suspected.

Ressie
12-24-2012, 09:18 PM
My mom knew. She first caught me wearing girls undies at a very young age. In my 20s it became quite evident as I had a pattern of dressing a half hour every day. She must have noticed her shoes, slip and pantyhose disappeared whenever I went in the basement.

Melissa73
12-24-2012, 09:23 PM
oohh my mom knows! my whole family knows. at one timne or other, i was always caught. guess thats the benefit of 6 people in the house. but it was a dadt poicy! i dressed, but i didnt talk about it and i stayed hidden

melissa

lauren_m
12-24-2012, 09:29 PM
I've always wondered about that! My guess is yes, or at least a strong suspicion, but it never came up.

Kelly Greene
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
when I was in my middle teens (197x) I told my mom that I thought I would have been better off if I was born a girl instead of a boy, I turned down the offer of counseling because I thought I would have been labeled as crazy and locked up in the local hospital round room. Years later (late 198x-199x) I finally decided to stop fighting my feelings and to explore how I felt about gender and cding I told my mom again and said that I just had to figure this out on my own, all mom had to say was that she did not under stand it but she would love me no-matter what I did as long as I was happy. I did ask mom to keep my gender feelings from dad and my siblings and as far as I know she did respect my request. Mom's one lesson for me was to be honest with my feelings other wise I would not be able to be honest with anyone else.

Fordgurl
12-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I've always thought that my mom secretly knew. Nothing has ever been said and I really don't think it will. I'd hate to hurt her if she was not accepting, but on the other hand I think she probably would accept it as I always thought she had a hint... I also used to go through her things and try things on and replace them as closely as possible to how they were. And I know damn well she must have seen clothing in my room that was carelessly left about (my own of course) I lived like that for probably 12 years till I finally started buying my own things, and moved out of my parents' house. As things are now it's probably better not discussed for us :)

Leslie Langford
12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Two things stick in my mind, but I didn't connect the dots at the time:

- I was an only child, and when I was about 9 or 10, my mother bought a dress - allegedly for my girl cousin who was the same age I was - as a birthday present, and she had me try it on to supposedly get an idea of how it might look on her. Oddly enough, this girl cousin lived overseas, and my mother hadn't seen her since she was a toddler.

Looking back, I can't imagine what might have prompted her to buy - of all things - a dress as a present for this girl. Then again, perhaps she wanted to fulfill a fantasy of seeing the "daughter" she never had, and I, of course, resisted this request vehemently the way I was socially conditioned to do, even though secretly, I loved the idea.

An opportunity lost for more of the same had I reacted differently? We'll never know, as my mother has since passed away.

- When I was about 17, my mother drew my attention one day to a newspaper article about Thai "lady-boys". Being back in the 60's, this was quite a sensation (and not unlike forbidden fruit) at the time. Although deeply intrigued and amazed by the story, I reacted nonchalantly with a "whatever" of type attitude so as not to blow my cover.

Nothing more was said about this article by either party after I read it, but again, I can't help but wonder if she was testing me to see if she could draw me out regarding any potential interest in crossdressing (or "transvestism" as it was called back in those days). Being a "latch-key" kid, I had begun borrowing her clothes to try on after school and before she got home from work on a fairly frequent basis by that time, and I can't help but think that she must have had some kind of clue as to what was going on despite my best efforts to cover my tracks.

Reflecting back on these incidents, I wonder what the outcome might have been had I 'fessed up regarding my love for women's clothing, even back then... :daydreaming: :doh: :heehee:

Diane Smith
12-25-2012, 01:12 AM
My mom had to know something was going on, because I couldn't have been that good at ages 6 - 15 at always putting her stuff back exactly where I found it. In the early years (ages 3 - 10 or so) she would play with putting accessories like lipstick, nail polish and earrings on me, but never lingerie or outer clothing, so I think she had really mixed feelings about my gender expression.

Toward the end of her life, I was often going out and had tons of clothing stashed in plastic totes in the basement, but was careful not to come or go dressed when she could see me. Still, it would have required actively ignoring it not to find traces of my clothes, jewelry and makeup around the house, but she never said a word about it. She died in 2005 without anything having been mentioned about female clothes since puberty.

- Diane

Barbara Ella
12-25-2012, 01:22 AM
My mom never knew (neither did I, until after she passed) I find myself wishing I had known much earlier as she was a free soul in some respects, and it might have fun with her.

Barbara

Krististeph
12-25-2012, 01:23 AM
She knew something, probably, but it was don't ask don't tell. Not exactly nirvana, but rather progressive for a child of the 20's. Part of it was she probably had no idea of how to deal with it, nor had she any exposure to it except by hearsay, but she knew i was a decent kid, and i don't think Dad knew until well later, if at all.

She was stuck in her ways, her upbringing. The folks loved us, but we were expected to grow up and get out on our own, which i did. Took a number of years to undo some bad habits and other problems, some still exist, but they are all understood and reasonably under control.

it would have been nice to have a supporting Mom, & Dad, but I guess they would not have been themselves if they were. They did try to be good and Christian, and a bit of it rubbed off on me. The CD part certainly helped me to see how acceptance is important, so they did pass along so good. If reincarnation exists, I hope they get a better shake in the next life.

Here's a little song I wrote just now to commemorate this thread.... :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA

Beverley Sims
12-25-2012, 04:20 AM
I often wondered why my mother gave me a talk on feminine hygiene when I was 14. ???

noeleena
12-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Hi,

Honistly i dont know . Mom gave me a name thats both male / female noel or no-el , She dressed me from birth in lovely cream dress's had seen me dressed as a young girl age about 11 / 12, for a end of year church do.

at age 15 to 17. Mom said to me i needed more clothes, as they were past wearing ,as i hated any male clothes i said to her i was not going to buy any male colthes ever , so Mom did,

I can only say Mom knew i was different how much or in what way i dont know , though i did give out i was not all male as some people percived me to be, most of my life i knew i was not male, did Mom ill never know .

...noeleena...

Carol A
12-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Oh yes I got busted big time at 14 when mom came home early and there I was all dolled up from head to foot. She gave me that look and then got up set because I was wearing one of her good dresses and to top it off she told me I was to young to be wearing heels.

So you want to be a girl?, OK. She gave me a stright blue skirt and a simple white blouse and made me stay dress the rest of the day and had to go to town dress with her. Well that was 59 years ago and Carol hasn't stopped dressing yet.

Teddie
12-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Mine knew, and I was sure when she told me that my cousin Bob like to wear girls' things too. She never pushed it one way or the other, and never really said anything else. I kind of wish she'd pushed my girl side more. It could have been fun.

Cheryl T
12-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm sure my mom knew but never said anything.
In fact one time after Halloween (first time out dressed) my wife and I were at my parents with some photos from that party. My mother took the ones of me dressed and kinda gave me a wink as she said to my dad, "wanna see what your daughter would have looked like?"....little did he know.

~Joanne~
12-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I never really ore any of my mom's clothes or my sisters. I would snake a new pair of pantyhose and I am sure they were missed but she may have thought my sister took them. If she did know it was me, nothing has ever been said to this day.

kimdl93
12-25-2012, 12:30 PM
My mom knew but was largely silent on the matter.

Lady Slipper
12-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure my mom knows, the clincher was when I was dogsitting and I was informed that she had some bags of clothes to donate to charity, I asked if I needed to put them out for pick-up. Nope, not till the week after.... I didn't need to be an Oceanologist to catch the drift... One day soon I'm going to come out to her, but damn it's hard to summon the courage. :facepalm:

Leah Lynn
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm quite certain she knows, and has known for a good many years. We don't speak of it, but there are those little things that speak volumes.

AndreaSC
12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Well, my mom dressed me as a girl up until I was 4 years old. I started dressing on my own when I was 7 and I do remember her catching me one Sunday morning wearing a sundress, hose and heels, I think I was ten. She just told me to take the clothes off, not sure if she told my dad or not, but I never stopped dressing until I was about 15. Still dress off/on whenever I get the chance.

Ashmad77
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
My mom caught me only after I had taken almost all of bras and panties and hid them I my room. I was seven years old. After that she found other girls clothes and questioned me until I was a teen and I finally told her "don't ask questions that you don't want to know the answer to." After that I think she hoped I would change. I think she still wonders to this day.

terri_sandal
12-25-2012, 05:59 PM
My mother caught me dressed a few times and thought I would grow out of it as it was a phase I was going through so she thought ..but later in life she realised it was not and I used to visit her dressed and accepted it quite well

AnitaH
12-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Yes My mom knew. After my divorce I lived at home for some years. Had my Own things then and did my own laundry. Sometimes I would start my laundry but didn't Finish it Promptly. If She needed to use the machine I would find my (Anita's) clothing folded neatly lying on my bed. One time When we were all shopping one of the store's had a sale on women's sock's She found me and told me that the store had a sale on sock's. One day She was harassing Me about my long hair she said she was going to put it up in pin-curls and dress me as a girl. 'said would it really be all that bad if her son became her daughter. After a brief Conversation where I downplayed what I had just said, she said she just wanted me to be happy. I wish I had a better conversation with her that day. She's been gone 3 years now but I believe she would be supportive as I am finally working towards transitioning. Actually I'm surprised at her acceptance as she was a lifelong member of a very fundamentalist christian church.

AnitaH

JessicaMN
12-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I actually told my parents about a year ago and they were fine with it. I couldnt stand keeping the secret and didnt want it to get to a point where people knew but i didnt know they knew

Silmaril
12-25-2012, 11:39 PM
My mother stumbled across some video "evidence" I had (stupidly) left behind after moving out. She confronted me with it--delicately, and ostensibly out of a sense of concern--but then closed the conversation by cryptically saying that she had "found other things over the years." Since nothing could have been worse for her to have found than the video, I didn't bother asking for clarification; to this day, I still don't know what she meant.

But I am certain that despite my "cleverness" at keeping it all hidden away, there were clearly at least *some* things she knew about. I never understood why she never raised the topic at all. She was usually very open-minded and we communicated about all kinds of things. It has seemed to me that it's the kind of thing a *parent* ought to be following up on.

It's possible she never actually found anything else but couldn't bear the thought that I had managed to keep it all hidden from her. She's a complicated gal... :straightface:

CarmenSkye
12-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I think she does. I've always worn her clothes and have been extremely careful, but I know that after all these years there has had to have been some kind of tracks left behind--especially because I've stolen and have kept some articles of clothing for myself. I'm pretty sure she's just silent about it, either waiting for me to say something or hoping i would grow out of it, but she does hint sometimes. She'll ask me questions about so and so's outfits, or the Kardashian's style & recently I've told her about my interest in women's fashion -- especially shoes-- so we'll also talked about that. I also ALWAYS have reoccurring dreams about her finding out/ knowing all along and talking to me about it. They always end with her taking me out on a shopping spree or just giving me clothes out of excitement and fun.

Ozark
12-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Did Mom know? Yeah, I think she did.

I was around 9 years old.

My 15 year old cousin had moved in with us. It was a sad story, her mother had died, her father remarried, the typical wicked step mother, car wreck, her father died and the step mother went into a nursing home.

Somehow in my 9 year old mind, I thought she (the cousin) was getting favorable treatment from my parents. I wanted to get the same kind of treatment.

For some reason I thought if I wore her clothes, my parents and grandparents would shower me with affection also.

I put on a pair of her yellow big panties (this was about 1958) and a pair of her side zip jeans. Nobody even noticed. (In retrospect I don't see how they could not have known, but they didn't say anything to me at the time.)

One time when my parents went on a trip and the cousin was in charge of us. She was downstairs reading a book. I got on a pair of her panties and crawled into her bed. (In our house it was scandalous to sleep in anything but pajamas or a nightgown.)

The cousin came upstairs and turned on the light in her bedroom and saw me in her bed. I feigned being asleep. She came over and ever so gently lifted up the covers and saw me in her panties. The covers came back down, she turned out the light and went and got into my bed.

After a while, I went into my bedroom in just her panties. She was in my bed reading a book. I told her I was scared and wanted someone to hold me. She looked at me and told me to go back to bed and hold myself.

The episode was never mentioned again.

She eventually went away to college.

Fast forward about 5 or 6 years. I had developed a bedwetting problem. Wet beds and wet sheets were a real bummer.

My father insisted I was just to d*** lazy to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom. Lots of tears, spankings and wet pajamas. My mother eventually bought me several pairs of 'stay dry' incontinent pants that I was to wear under my pajamas. I was both embarassed and excited about them at the same time.

My father had remodeled our basement and turned it into a bedroom. I was down there by myself, had a tv and radio and my school desk where I did my homework.

I had progressed to buying my own panties by this time.---this was before walmart and kmart. Went to Kresgee's or Woolworths to get them.

One night I was in bed in a just a pair of panties.

My mother came downstairs to kiss me goodnight. My pajamas were lying on my desk, along with some laundry she had told me to put away earlier in the day.

She told me to get out of bed and put away the laundry like she had told me to do. I told her no, could I do it in the morning, I was tired.

Mother insisted I do as she told me to do. Then she saw my pajamas and wanted to know why I didn't have them on and did I have on my 'protection' (That was our code word for the incontinent pants and diapers I wore to bed....we would NEVER call them by their real names, only by protection.)

Mother than told me to get out of bed right now. I refused. She reached down to pull my covers off of me and I blurted out, "Mom, I'm naked!"

She went over to my desk and picked up my pajama bottoms, gave them to me and told me put them on and put away the laundry.

I put the bottoms on over my panties while still under the covers and got out of bed and started to put away my laundry. She then insisted I wear protection to bed and I was always to wear protection and pajamas to bed. Nice people didn't sleep without pajamas.

She then swatted my butt. She must have been able to tell I had something on under my pajamas because she pulled out the waistband and asked me what I was wearing.

I started crying. I told her it wasn't fair, I hated wearing protection, I hated having to wear big white briefs (JC Penny double seats--she bought them for me) that looked like diapers, I hated wearing diapers to bed and I liked how these underpants felt. I told her I had bought them thinking they were boy's bikini underpants.

She hugged me and said she understood how I felt. But until I outgrew the bedwetting it was so much easier on her to have me wear protection. It was too much trouble to have to laundry everyday--we didn't have a dryer- and to wipe my face and put on my protection and go to bed.

And she stood there. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was too embarassed to pull off my pajama pants and have my mother see me in panties. I had only occasionally put on my protection in front of her, never in front of my father.

Finally I said the heck with it, sat on the bed and took of my pajama bottoms. I then walked over to my desk in my panties and turned my back, took off the panties and pulled on my protection.

I started to get back into bed and my mother asked if I was forgetting something. I started to put on the pajama bottoms. No, my mother said, finish putting away the laundry.

I put away the laundry in my chest of drawers just wearing my protection. I was so embarassed and excited at the same time and didn't know why.

When I was done, my mother came over and kissed me and said, 'don't forget your pajamas." and went out the door and turned out the light.

Oh man, I knew I was in trouble. Not only was I a bedwetter, but my Mom had found out I wear panties. And she was probably going to tell my dad. I worried about that until I fell asleep. I think I cried myself to sleep that night. I wished I had on panties instead of protection.

The next day when I got home from school, I was in my basement room lying on my bed watching TV. My mom came downstairs with a bag from Sears.

She sat on my bed and said she loved me and was so proud of me for being a nice young man. She told me she was sorry that I struggled so much. She knew I was a good kid. Things will get better she said. Then, as she leaned over and hugged me, she said, "I understand boys need their privacy," and handed me the bag. "These are for you", she said.

Somehow I knew I had the upper hand. I just laid there and didn't return her hug or take the bag. She got up, left the bag on my bed, said supper will be ready when your father gets home and went upstairs. At the top of the stairs, she turned and said to me, "I am not going to mention this to your father."

After a while, I looked in the bag. There was a package of panties from Sear's. Three pair, blue, yellow and white.

SandraInHose
12-26-2012, 09:42 AM
My mother wasn't the snooping type, but always managed to find my Penthouse and Hustler collections. (Or maybe I just wasn't very good at hiding them.)

One day while putting away some of my clothes in my dresser, she rearranged some of my jerseys and lo and behold, underneath the jerseys was my modest collection of about six pairs of pantyhose. She asked me what they were for...not in an accusatory way, but surprisingly very nonchalantly. I honestly don't remember what my answer to her question was, and thankfully she never brought it up again. But I'm sure she never forgot about it either.

ruthie801
12-26-2012, 09:45 AM
My mom caught me or should I say she set me up to catch me. I was 15 at the time and had been dressing in her things since I was 13 it started trying things on from the hamper and progressed to complete dress ups in her bedroom when she was out. Well one day she said she would be out all day, I of course thought I would be alone most of the day. I was wearing a old evening dress of hers with complete woman’s undergarments, as I was in her bathroom applying mascara she appeared in the door way. She said she knew I was into her things for awhile especially since her cosmetics was being used. She told me that I shouldn’t be doing this and that was the most scolding I received. She was more upset I didn't wear her old things in the bottom drawer. There was never anything but sheets there, she then left for the day of shopping she had intended. Well the next week after she caught me there was dresses, bras, etc in that bottom drawer.

vivian fair
12-26-2012, 10:16 AM
My mother knew of course as she forced it the first time. And my older sister set me up to be caught several times ,and I really never caught on. But years later my wife told me she always knew when I was wearing her panties as I was always so calm and loving. I had finally told her I loved to dress in femm clothing,skin out,top to bottom. She told me she had waited a long time to hear that as she knew every time I was in her drawers or closet. I had to remain well hidden at the time as I was a senior navy recruiter,and only after retiring did I discover how many of us military males indulged.

Jenn868
12-26-2012, 10:23 AM
My mother caught me a couple times growing up..and one time she caught me when i was young she asked me if I just wanted to dress up..i acted like I didn't want to bc I was scared. At the time I wish I would have just been like yes! Well anyway years later now that I am older and accepted who I am I have came out to her as a crossdresser. Its been really cool she has helped me shop and talks to me a lot about it and is a great support system!

Launa
12-26-2012, 10:51 AM
My folks knew but it was a very DADT household!!! And thats the way it has stayed.

Stephanie47
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
In retrospect I suppose my mom figured out I was messing with her clothing. She wore a 34B bra. She had a nice black one. Back in the 1960's there wasn't too much stretch in the band. The last time I wore it, I snap one of the straps. I returned it to the draw. She never said a word. However, once she mentioned her can of hair spray was getting empty! Duh! She and probably dad suspected, but, which one of the boys was messing around? People know when someone is messing with their stuff. My wife is always yelling at me for messing around in her personal toolbox of screw drivers and hammers. I would not dare to mess around with her clothes. or makeup.

Esteafanie
12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
lmao!!!! this is soooo true.

stephNE
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
My mom (and dad) knew but were toally in denial about it. When I was very little, like 5 or 6, when my mom was doing laundry, I would pull out her bras and panties, and put them on over top of my boy clothes, and head off to my bedroom and play. Sometimes she would laugh, but other times she used to get mad and tell me no to do this. When I started elementary school, the worst word kids called another was "sissy", so I tried to keep this to a mimimum and very private. Then about age 12, I was home alone and mom came in and caught me dressed up. Again at about at 14, my dad came home in the middle of the day and caught me fully dressed up in my moms best dress, bra (stuffed of course, makeup, jewelry, etc. He was pissed. He pulled out his belt and chased me around the house beating me with it. I never got caught again after that, but never stopped CDing either.
As I got older, I never talked to my mom or dad about this, but when I brought up other things, they always denied that they had happened. If you listened to them, I had quite an uneventful childhood.

Angela Campbell
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I certainly hope not! My Mother would never accept such a thing. She thinks it is the same as being a child molester.

Erica Marie
12-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh come on girls. Moms know everything. Its just one of those things that is instilled in them when they give birth for the first time. Then it depends on how openly you talk with them. Some may keep it private and some may confront you. But Im sure most that do confront do it because they care.
My mom found my stash of cloths when I was a teenager and it was years later while I was married and it came out to my wife that mom ever said anything about it. That has been 20 yrs ago, the subject never came up again and to this day I still wonder if she knows I still do. To afraid to talk to her about it. Shame on me.

LauraBird
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm sure my mom probably knew to some degree. Like others, every now and then I would steal something from her drawers and wear it to bed, then stash it in my room when I left for school. Come back after school and it was gone. At one point a few years ago my dad told me a story about our old cat and how strange of a cat she was because, "she used to steal your mom's underwear out of the laundry basket and leave them laying around the house..." I don't know if that's what he/they truly believed, or if he was hinting at something - but I never let on. I remember one day I came home from school and found one of my mom's undergarments lying in the middle of the floor. As I had solid knowledge of the inventory of my mom's drawers, I picked them up, folded them, and put them right where they belonged in her drawer. Later that night I realized that I probably shouldn't have done that, and instead played dumb and just threw them in the laundry room, because I really have no idea how or why they managed to be left in the middle of the floor at random. Oops.

Over the summers, I used to be home alone babysitting my sister. Quite a few times my mom came home unexpectedly. Most times I would hear the car pulling into the driveway and strip down quick. I recall one distinct time, I didn't realize she was home until I heard her talking in the kitchen. I was in my room, garter belt, stockings, bra, and a pair of her heels. I distinctly remember it because it was all a matching set and I think was the first time I figured out that the garter belt I'd seen kicking around her drawer was a garter belt and not some weird shaped bra (and was so excited to wear something that until then I'd only seen in the Sears catalog!) I remember panicking, barely able to keep it together (should I make a mad attempt at covering up or just start crying?) and quickly threw on socks, sweatpants, and a sweatshirt, trying to cover myself up as much as possible. I have no idea if anything was "showing" or not, I remember hunching over on the floor trying to cover the stuffed bra with my arms as I pretended to play with my toys. The one thing I'm sure she noticed was the fact that I was completely out of breath, though again, she didn't say anything. I remember her looking at me with a raised eyebrow and telling me to come into the kitchen for some lunch "when you're done here..."

Leslie Langford
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
My mom (and dad) knew but were toally in denial about it. When I was very little, like 5 or 6, when my mom was doing laundry, I would pull out her bras and panties, and put them on over top of my boy clothes, and head off to my bedroom and play. Sometimes she would laugh, but other times she used to get mad and tell me no to do this. When I started elementary school, the worst word kids called another was "sissy", so I tried to keep this to a mimimum and very private. Then about age 12, I was home alone and mom came in and caught me dressed up. Again at about at 14, my dad came home in the middle of the day and caught me fully dressed up in my moms best dress, bra (stuffed of course, makeup, jewelry, etc. He was pissed. He pulled out his belt and chased me around the house beating me with it. I never got caught again after that, but never stopped CDing either.
As I got older, I never talked to my mom or dad about this, but when I brought up other things, they always denied that they had happened. If you listened to them, I had quite an uneventful childhood.

Yes, steph - What an enlightened era we grew up in - getting our @sses whupped regularly when we didn't measure up, chain-smoking parents, pregnant mothers who ate mercury-laden canned tuna, riding our bicycles without wearing helmets, no "play-dates", no "helicopter parenting", no child psychologists, no grief councillors, being subjected to endemic schoolyard and playground bullying, no one to take away the sting when we didn't make the cut for a sports team, no one to help us work through our transgenderism issues...

But guess what? It also made us strong and resilient, and we became the survivors who paid their dues and now don't owe anyone any apologies for who and what we are today - and that includes being confirmed crossdressers who are now completely comfortable in our skins. All things considered, I say we had the last laugh, because in spite of all their efforts, they didn't succeed in breaking us... ;)

Diane Smith
12-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Laura, I think you have a perfect excuse there. Blame it on the cat. :)

- Diane

Sarah V
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
My mom knew, as she caught me few times, but thought I grew out of it as I hit my ealy teens. News for her: Nope.

At times I have always wondered if she still thinks I dress up (I am in my mid 40's now) and likewise, at times, I wonder if I should be truthful to her and tell her (esp. in since in the last 5 yrs or so her political ideologies have changed dramatically and she is now leaning a lot more to the liberal left than I ever knew her to be while growing up.) But why cause any un-needed distress in our very good relationship where there is not any, and I think the better of it to just leave things alone as they are now.

P.S. @Ms. Leslie: You forgot to add to your list: Vodka/Martini/Manhatten swilling, (and pill popping e.g.: Mom's Little Helpers) moms who merrily baked cookies for our school events and having dinner ready for dad when he got home --to your list!

Sylvermane
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
I was talking to mom just yesterday about my childhood and wether or not she knew or noticed. Never even suspected it. It never crossed her mind. Looking back I should have taken more opportunities to do my thing... is one of my few regrets of my childhood.

Luna Nyx
12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
My mom used to dress me as a girl when I was a baby. Then my grandma let me wear her heels out when we went for walks around the neighborhood. My mom and grandma doesn't know i still dress up.

BillieJoEllen
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
I was often dressed in girly things when I was much younger. Lo and behold when I was older and my mother discovered me dressed one day after school she couldn't believe what she caught me doing. Go figure....

After that happened I don't believe it was a well kept secret from my mother because she was always looking for signs.

Aylineira
12-31-2012, 03:50 PM
My mom had to have known. I believe she just never brings it up with me. Heck one time she found my cache of things and her being a clean freak, she washed it all for me and put it all back folded neatly.

Cassandra Lynn
12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Mom caught me in her things several times (i was aged 4 to 6), always scolded me but never told dad (the primary disciplinarian).

I'm sure she found my stashes in my later teen years and after, but she would have just kept it to herself or ignored it i suppose.

I've always felt a little sad that i could never bring myself to come out to her. Prolly for the better, she was old school and may not have understood.

What has always haunted me tho is,.......i was boy number 4 and she gave up hope on a daughter after me. I wonder now if perhaps a part of her would have enjoyed knowing just how close she did come. She's been gone since Thanksgiving Day 2005.

RitaCD
01-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Oh yes, she knew. She caught me more than once when I was young. Funny thing is she never scolded me. I guess she thought I outgrew it when I left home because we she never brought it up again.

My ex told everyone we knew before our divorce and even called my mom and asked her if she knew. Mom and I talked about it later and she asked the typical question "are you gay". I assured her that I was not and she just said "it's fine as long as you are happy". We never talked about it again.

RachelRoxx
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I think my mom definitely knows, though she has never brought it up. She is the best mom ever and I think she thinks as long as Im happy it doesnt matter. My little brother recently came out so I think that made it a little easier for her to understand. It was hard for my dad to accept it but my mom didnt mind at all. She def knows but she doesnt care and she wont tell my dad.

Caria
01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
My mom walked in on me, fully dressed with breast forms and a wig. She was a bit shocked, she discussed it with me. Never told my father and I tried to keep it away from her. She must have noticed panties and bars going missing and then coming back a short while later.

sometimes_miss
01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Mom was too self centered to know what's going on with her kids, when I was growing up, as far as I know no one had a clue, I guess I did a hell of a job hiding my stash of girl clothes. When I told her all about the crossdressing while I was going through my divorce, she had that horrified look on her face. To this day, she remains in denial. Same with my sister, who has pretty much decreased any contact with me to an absolute minimum. Blood may be thicker than water, but it often dries up and cracks.

Jenniferathome
01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
My Mom knew, she caught me fully dressed once and found clothing that should not have been in my room. At that time, I am sure she thought I was gay because that is what was "known" back then. To her credit, she never told my father, who would have done nothing other than to think I was gay. Both my parents are great. Once I got married, I am sure they think I outgrew it.

suchacutie
01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Tina was discovered when I was 55, but there were times growing up when I'm pretty sure my mother would have been delighted if I had, for short periods of time, been a girl.

She doesn't know that she got her wish, albeit a few decades later!

whowhatwhen
01-02-2013, 11:25 AM
According to her she's suspected I've been trans all along but she was hoping it was just a phase I'd grow out of.
While she does understand that it's not something I've chosen or can change she certainly seems to take some issue with me buying women's things.

Other than coming out and maybe 3 sparse conversations we haven't talked about it since.
The only thing I can think of is she just expects me to be gay and live as a man.

*shrug*

krysten
01-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I believe my Mom knows, but it's one of those unspoken things. I got caught when I was a kid, accidentally finding a run in her expensive nylons.

Nichola
01-02-2013, 11:43 AM
I think my mum may have suspected.
I used to try on her makeup when I was home alone as a young teenager, & one day I snapped one of her lipsticks. I was terrified & tried my best to stick it back together & put it back in her makeup bag but it was a mess. A few days later, I was getting ready for school & my mum banged on the bathroom door asking 'what are doing in there, putting makeup on?'. I certainly wasn't at the time, but I think it may have been her way of telling me 'I know, leave my things alone!'

Annie M
01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
My mom knew and had no problem with my wearing female cloths or acting feminine. Which I did around her. I think she enjoyed having a daughter even if I wasnt 100%
I also wonder if there was more to it like she could sense that I was not a "real guy" and just accepted it. Either way mom's love regardless.

kimberlybates
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I believe my Mom suspected but it wasn't ever really discussed. I was caught early in my experimenting with dressing. A female cousin was visiting and while she and my Mom was out I tried on skirt and blouse. They arrived back early and I was caught trying to change out of her blouse and skirt. I ruined the blouse by tearing and I had to apologize and pay for the ruined blouse.

Lee Andrews
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I was caught a few times, so I'd like to think she would have a clue. Plus I'm sure I stretched a few of her things back in the day between the short kid and the 6'3" stages. It was great at the time, I would fit in her shoes and most of her clothes but then I shot up in height and foot size. In denial I kept wearing stuff till I broke or ripped something then I figured I better stop. Leading up to that point I'm sure I musta ruined something I didn't notice but I'm sure she would have. Probably noticed her Nylon stash was going down faster than normal too.

Jennifer in CO
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
heres what I had from a previous post/thread:
I was 15 or somewhere in there when Mom found my 'stash' and put it on the bed but she didn't say anything. I promptly hid it again. She found it again...put it back on the bed...again... but this time cleaned/folded. So, I hid it again...found again...but now its in the drawers and my lone dress, 2 tops and one skirt are hanging in the front of the closet. After that, several times I found panties and/or a bra "accidentally" in my drawer...so I'd wear them instead of sneaking into my sisters room and grabbing them from her dresser. That is till one time I felt guilty about wearing them so I went to put them in her drawer where they belong and sitting on top is the very pair I'm putting back. Mom was 'accidentally' sneaking me my own panties and other lingerie. Mom bought all our clothes (sis and mine) at that time. About a year or so after that little game of hide and seek I found out a lot of my clothes were coming from a trendy clothing store. A trendy GIRLS clothing store. How?...I had to drive my Mom around for about 3 weeks after she had foot surgery right after I got my license. We stopped at a ladies clothing store and I went in with her. There on one rack was the top I was wearing at the time (white knit with dark blue knit arm/neck openings and a ring zipper running from the neck to the shoulder along the collarbone...we're talking 1973 here) and another rack several over the pants I had on (dark blue corduroy with no belt loops, no button and a zipper with a 1 inch ring on it that went down instead of up...I loved those pants...thinking about it now, can you imagine how kinky a one inch ring is hanging from your crotch?...god was I naive). OK at this point I wont say that I caught on but while she "shopped" (now that I think about it I wonder if she was, in her quite way, letting me know where my clothes were coming from) I did to. I found a baby-blue blouse with puff sleeves, went in a changing room and put it on, came out and found her and asked her what she thought. Her exact words were "If I buy that, your wearing it to school tomorrow". Other than that one time, neither of us ever talked about/discussed it...ever. I wish I had now as she passed last month and to that day I had many times thought I'd sit down with her and find out just what she thought or what she remembered. But thats another blessed thing...Mom's have selective memories...
To add to this, I thought about it later and several add'l things come to mind that she was constantly trying to "help". My sister went to a Dermatologist for her acne. I had to go as well but I had no acne - my skin was as clean/smooth as a babies butt. The Dr taught her how to use and apply makeup so as to not increase the acne. I got the same lessons. We had a pool in our back yard. Mom had a pair of bikini's that I would sneak out of her cabinet when no one was home and wear in the pool. Later, it dawned on me that those bikini's fit me perfectly and if they fit me there is no way they would fit my much smaller mom.

Little things.... your dang tootin they know

Jenn

Claire Cook
01-03-2013, 11:22 AM
See the thread I started eariler today (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?187566-Learning-from-2012-mistakes-(OR-Things-my-Mother-never-taught-me).

Isn't it interesting how many of us started dressing with our mother's clothes, or wish our mothers had been accepting? I'm envious of those of you have understanding mothers. In a way, I wish could have been the daughter she couldn't have. She knew, but could never bring herself to talk about it.

VikkiDave
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm sure that me mother knew that I used to wear some of her clothes but she wanted a GG so much when I was born, that she never said anything beyond the odd gentle query as to what I had been doing

Mariana
01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
My mom knew it, because she saw it when I was a kid. Actually I have to link some of the memories since I was a child and can't remember everything clear, but I do remember being around the age of 7 and loving to wear pantyhoses, in secret. I'd just take them from her closet (or my sister's drawers) and go to the bathroom. Of course it didn't take long until she knew what was going on, probably warned by my aunt who was younger and took care of me and my sister when mom went to work.

Then there's a gap in my memory, because I know she talked to me about it, but I can't remember exactly what. I just can say it wasn't anything agressive or very repulsive, because otherwise I would remember this little chat. Maybe she took it as some kid's play, I don't know, but I do have memories of wearing girls shoes and dresses after that when she was at home and, probably as a psychological strategy, she acted like she didn't care.

But, from my adolescence until nowadays, Mariana only exists to me and those who are reading this now. I don't feel the need or even utility in exposting this to my mother or any other relative at this point. Only my gf needs to know, and it'll be a long road before that.