PDA

View Full Version : Special Christmas Eve

kimdl93
12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
This is something of a milestone for my wife and I. Normally we have the kids with us on Christmas Eve, but this year we were alone for the first time. I'm normally dressed at home, so it wasn't a dramatic departure. Still, spending the day en femme had seemed special, whether it was preparing our meal, wrapping the last of the gifts, or sharing our traditional meal. I think my favorite moment was sitting together next to the tree and opening one gift each (saving the others for today, when the rest,of the family joins us).

Hope each of you has a holiday that is equally special in your own way!

PretzelGirl
12-25-2012, 08:52 AM
I agree that it is a different feeling waking up to no kids in the house. This is my first year too. So one cup of coffee and off to my daughter's to remedy that situation.

Have a Merry Christmas Kim!

ArleneRaquel
12-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Thank you darlin. Also many thanks for posting your Christmas Eve story and for being a friend !

Cheryl T
12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
What a lovely evening Kim.....Merry Christmas.

bridget thronton
12-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Merry Christmas - we had a great time with family Christmas Eve this year, no kids at home only Christmas (they are grown and married)

Leah Lynn
12-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Merry Christmas Kim. Went to a family dinner last night, but today it's all Leah. First Christmas alone, so I'll make it a good one.

Beverley Sims
12-25-2012, 12:47 PM
To you Kim and everyone else here,
Merry Christmas from the Sims Household.

Laura912
12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
And Merry Christmas to you Kim. We are in San Diego and spent the Eve putting up shelves I made for our son who is working Christmas Day. Very quiet here now. A Peaceful New Year to you all. :drink:

Eryn
12-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Both of my daughters are in college now, but we are very lucky that they are home for the holidays. They both know about Eryn but it is too soon for them to see her so I'm content with boy mode for a few days.

jules
12-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry it took so long to wish you a merry christmas. We were spending time with friends and family. Played board games on christmas eve and got my ass kicked by my wife :(.
Its been a really great christmass. The best.
So merry christmsa to you and your family kim from me and my wife. We wish you the best on this hoilday season.

Jules and the better half.