PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Blessings

Sara Jessica
12-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Just some blessings that have come to mind during this season of warmth (inside at least...baby, it's cold outside!), love and reflection.

I cherish my family. The magic of the holiday season brings forth such wonderment in the minds of children. Their belief in Santa has yet to waver in a world where children are expected to grow much too quickly. The belief in Santa from an adult's perspective can be so illogical, yet to a child it all makes perfect sense. After all, he has magic powers which allow him to visit all of the children on Earth over the course of just one day, or so I'm told.

I cherish an annual Christmas eve tradition with the kids, going out to breakfast (if Starbucks counts as breakfast) and then doing a little Christmas shopping with them. It was rainy but when we were outdoors, there was only a misting going on which if you imagined hard enough, it kind of seemed like snow flurries...the best we can do here in SoCal.

I cherish driving home and hearing my girls sing along with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" at the top of their lungs. Even better was the next song, Perry Como's version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and hearing them absolutely butcher some of the lyrics, no thanks to Mr. Como who did much to make the song his own which makes it a difficult singalong.

I cherish my wife and look forward to surprising her once again this Christmas.

I cherish the 20+ family members we had over last night and the perfection of the evening. We will have another set of 20-ish coming to the house later this afternoon. No rest for the weary, but its all worth it.

I cherish my friends, particularly those who know me mostly (or only) as Sara. I have said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again, friendships are the stuff that makes one's TG experience complete. It's like closing a circle and bringing on a level of fulfillment that I couldn't imagine nearly ten years ago when I was mostly solitary with this whole thing.

I cherish my point of view. It is all that I have ever known and even though it can be difficult to cope at times, I cannot imagine being anything but what I am. I may have some hopes & dreams which might never be achieved but at least for now I am at peace with this.

And finally, I cherish playing Santa once again this year. The work is done, now it's time to simply enjoy my coffee as I wait for the family to wake up.

At least my boots are a lot cuter than Santa's!!!

Merry Christmas everybody. May the coming year be all that you hope for.

ArleneRaquel
12-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Thank your for posting such a fantastic thread starter.:)

PretzelGirl
12-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Excellent points Sara! I was sitting here thinking about what I am thankful for this morning along with those I know that are struggling in some form or another. I count my lucky stars for all that I have. And I will give a hearty seconded to the friendships we receive because of our TGism. I have made many friends locally and nationally and treasure them all. I look forward to seeing you again at DLV! Have a Merry Christmas!

bridget thronton
12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Merry Christmas Sara

Vieja
12-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I guess I am grateful to still be alive and in reasonably good health.

Merry Christmas to all

Vieja

Tabitha Storm
12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Merry Christmas to ou

Tab

TGMarla
12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
You're so right, Sara. A little perspective, and all the really important things in life rise to the top. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Beverley Sims
12-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Sarah,
Very nice sentiments for Christmas.
I wish everyone could savor the enjoyment of Christmas like you describe. :)

Stephanie47
12-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all. There is one advantage to getting older at Christmas time and the kids have established their own abodes. We get to sleep later and enjoy the mayhem in the afternoon!

Persephone
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful post! Terrific perspective!

Yesterday some friends and I were discussing miracles and how some miracles are so plentiful and "commonplace" in our lives that we take them for granted. Our incredible spouses, children growing and maturing, sunsets, the incredible beauty of nature all around us, and on and on and on. Your post highlights this perfectly!

May you and yours, and all on this network, have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with miracles!

Hugs,
Persephone.

vikki2020
12-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Merry Christmas to you too, Sarah, and to all of us here at CD.com!!! :)

kimdl93
12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Merry Christmas to you too, Sara! All lovely holiday experiences - except that Perry Como version of the 12 days. I loved the guy, particularly his version of Don McLean's "And I love You So" and "Wind Beneath My Wings (which he dedicated to Bing), but that Christmas song had a clumsy arrangement. Give me Bing and Nat any day!

Kathi Lake
12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Sara, I hope your Christmas was everything you hoped for. I also wish you a wonderful 2013. I'm so glad that your girls still have the magic of Santa in their lives. What a wonderful thing to experience - especially as a parent.

I had a bit of a whirlwind the last few months. In mid-October, my oldest son let us know that they had settled on a wedding date and location - 10 weeks and 2,300 miles away! We flew out to Connecticut on the 17th, had a rehearsal on the 18th, the wedding was the 19th, we flew home the 20th, prepared for a Utah reception the 21st, and had the reception on the 22nd. Oh, and I think there was a holiday mixed in there somewhere. :)

We had my son and his new bride sharing Christmas with us, so that was the biggest gift I could have received. All in all, it was wonderful, as your Christmas seemed to be.

I know that I personally can't wait for 2013. Life keeps getting better and better! I hope it does the same for you as well!

Kathi