PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice the things we love are the things many women hate?

SandraInHose
12-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Just read the thread about one of us prepping for a long day en femme by spending a few hours with his hair in curlers, and it got me thinking. Many things that we CDers love and those things that give us the most 'thrills' happen to be some of the things that many GG's really dislike and/or don't care for at all.

Having one's hair in curlers, as mentioned, is one of those things. Wearing pantyhose is a huge thrill for many of us, yet most women can't stand them at all. Ditto with high heels. Women wear them but few rarely enjoy them the way we do. Some women even hate wearing makeup, yet some of us are drawn toward it like a moth to lights.

Now I know there are exceptions to these (and any other generalizations), but I'm just saying, as a rule, the things we love are usually NOT the things GG's love, even though we try to emulate them as much as possible. Any thoughts as to why that is? Could it be that most GG's fail to realize how 'powerful' certain things are to men?

suit
12-26-2012, 10:01 AM
those women know, and don't care how powerfull those things are ,cause she has bigger guns that work even better ! and she like uses them more!
those are just tools of the desprite to get attention.

MaryBeth1
12-26-2012, 10:16 AM
i love putting on a beautiful frilly and lacy bra when i dress and my wife can wait to take her's off. Same thing about when i put my garterbelt and stockings she says that she was brought up that only lady of the evenings wore that. And finally my heels she says i don't walk around enough on them so they won't hurt my feet so one day i walk around them for over an hour as i went walking in my jogging pants and top. She was still no impressed and yes u are right the more we try to be like them the more she doesn't understand because that is not her.

Beverley Sims
12-26-2012, 10:38 AM
GG's are prisoners to most of these things, they just want to break out.
CD's, yep! are like moths to the flame so to speak.
We are masochists and want to imprison ourselves in all things a girl hates. :)

Stephanie47
12-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Obviously I am not a GG. I really don't think the vast majority of GG's are opposed to all the trappings of being a woman. They do not hate or detest high heels, makeup, etc. For them it's "There's a time a place for everything!" A professional woman gets up, showers, preens herself for work with makeup, heels, dress (or other appropriate attire), and spends the day doing whatever she gets paid for. At the end of the day, she strips off that attire and dons jeans, sweats, etc. It's not different that a man getting up and putting on a shirt, tie and suit/sports coat. At the end of the day he does the same routine.

There's a time and place for everything.

I just do the opposite. I'm in my casual retiree attire, who gets to don that pretty dress and heels, etc.

April_Ligeia
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I think there are just some people who like makeup, heels, etc., male and female. A minority of women wear makeup all the time because they like to, and a minority of men also. I wonder if it is the same percentage?

Karren H
12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Comparing people who enjoy doing something to people who have to do something isn't a fair comparison...... imho... I love to collect rocks and minerals and was talking to a geologist about it and he said "geology is my job.... not my hobby" lol

I Am Paula
12-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Years ago my wife said 'If you love all things girly so much, try having a period'. She had a point. It also reminded me of girly things we'll never experience.-Celeste

SandraInHose
12-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Years ago my wife said 'If you love all things girly so much, try having a period'. She had a point. It also reminded me of girly things we'll never experience.-Celeste

LOL, you have a point, but then again women don't get the pleasure of starting each day by dragging a razor blade across their face and neck!

Cristi
12-26-2012, 12:14 PM
I think that what we see as a way to be closer to being feminine, GGs see as a burden. In a world where women are still sometimes treated as 2nd class citizens, being 'forced' by society to do some of these things (hose, heels, skirts and dresses, makeup) can be seen by them as the male world trying to keep them in a box.

So what is 'fun' for us is, for them, just part of trying to conform to societal norms and understandably there is quite a bit of push-back. As somebody else above posted, it is the same way I feel about HAVING to wear a tie and dress shirt every day. The tie comes off at soon as the clock strikes 5:00, and I really can't enjoy getting all dressed up for a night out with my wife, because wearing a suit and tie is something I have come to associate with work and having no choice about wearing it.

I love to collect rocks and minerals and was talking to a geologist about it and he said "geology is my job.... not my hobby"

I've had more than one hobby ruined by trying to make it into a job. Nothing leaches the fun of a hobby away faster than suddenly HAVING to do it every day. I learned my lesson and there is one final hobby that I refuse to do for pay, just because I don't want to taint and make it anything other than something I do because I enjoy it.

BTW: My best friend is a geology professor, and I'm sure I bug him a bit because I'm constantly pestering him with questions about his profession. He does enjoy his job though, and likes educating me. :) Someday I'll see if I can get course credits for all the conversations we've had. :)

Gretchen_To_Be
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Sandra, my wife loves wearing pantyhose. She wears hose frequently in the cooler months here in WI, both with skirts and under leggings when she wears the collection of beautiful boots I have bought for her over the years. In Colombia, where she is from, women still wear pantyhose routinely. I think it is part of the culture. That's why I go crazy when traveling there-- I have a constant urge to dress. Now that I am out to my wife, it will be interesting to see her reaction when I see a woman in hose and heels. I think she knows now it gives me thrill and we share a secret.

Latin women in general I think express their femininity more. Here is a funny link--Latin weather girls compared to weather forecasters in the Middle East:

http://izismile.com/2011/02/28/latin_american_weather_girls_vs_middle_east_weathe r_9_pics.html

Melissa Rose
12-26-2012, 12:21 PM
There is a big difference between "have to" versus "want to", limited availability versus full availability, and part time versus full time. If you had to get fully dressed every day and work at a job, eventually you would migrate to a faster, more comfortable and easier to put together look. I suspect if you had to eat your favorite food at every meal eventually it would grow boring and you would stop liking it as much.

Lorileah
12-26-2012, 12:54 PM
We are "teenage girls" for the most part. we are what women were between 14-20. When the look was all important. The feel was important. How people perceived them was important. All the things "we do" that so many here find so feminine are well beyond what women feel are feminine. Try this, for the next year, get up in the morning, shave your legs, put on pantyhose and make up, do your hair, now go and make breakfast, walk the dog, gather what you need for lunch and get to work (or whatever on time). Walk all day in those heels in the office, keep the panty hose from creeping, make sure your hem does not rise or your neckline open. Check make up, fix makeup, shift pantyhose.

It gets old, and in a hurry. Why don't women dress like "we" do? It is a pain.

Angela Campbell
12-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I remember when my two daughters were very young. They just could not wait for the day they got their first bra, or the day they were allowed to start using makeup. As the years go by they did as most did and these things they were so eager to start with became old stuff and didn't mean much to them. Oh yes they still wear bras, and use makeup but it is not so exciting as it once was to them. They just could not wait to get into the womens club and start doing the things they could not do yet.

And so we are at that stage of getting to do the things we could never do such as wearing a bra, using makeup, wearing a dress or high heels. We are experiencing the same adolescent or pre adolescent stage the girls did. Difference is we cannot fully incorporate this into our lives so it remains something we want and cannot have. Because we aren't supposed to do this at all we may never grow out of this stage.

kimdl93
12-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I think as we mature as CDrs or at least as we gain more everyday experience, these "thrills" diminish for things like panty hose or the routine aspects of getting made up and dressed. I dress pretty much every day and hardly give a thought to what used to be a big deal. Now,they are still nice, but pleasantly normal parts of my life.

Leslie Langford
12-26-2012, 02:50 PM

...and she'll never experience the exquisite feeling of getting whacked in the cojones. I call it even.

ambigendrous
12-26-2012, 03:58 PM
My wife and often joke about how she can't wait to get out of her bra, and I can't wait to get into mine! She is most comfortable in a pair of sweats or jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt, while I am most comfortable all dressed up - pantyhose, bra, skirt and top, and heels.

Diane Smith
12-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I think there are just some people who like makeup, heels, etc., male and female. A minority of women wear makeup all the time because they like to, and a minority of men also. I wonder if it is the same percentage?

I have always believed this as well. Some people -- male and female -- just like pretty things more than others, and are willing to put up with a little discomfort to wear them.

I have no problem making it through a day at work in my boy drag, but as soon as I get home, the jacket, tie, watch, shoes and belt have to come off because they suddenly seem restrictive and uncomfortable. I'm sure many women feel the same about their hose and heels. "Hate" is way too strong a word for this sensation, but it certainly does feel good to loosen things up a bit at the end of the day.

- Diane

ArleneRaquel
12-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I know that female clothing, especially undergarments, can be restrictive to wear, but wearing them makes moi feel so liberated. A little discomfort is no problem from the pleasure that I receive when wearing femmy attire.

Jana
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
To GGs pantyhose, heels or whatever are just articles of clothing, not necessarily items of fetish like for many CDers. For example, do you get a kick out of wearing male briefs or dress socks???? Didn't think so.

JBPerry
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
well i have come to realize that i am more girly than my wife. If you look at her side of the closet and then look at my closet, there are more feminine blouses, skirts and dresses on my side than hers. She has some skirt sets and some dresses but i have more. She has more bras obviously but I think we have the same amount of panties. I have more tights and not really more shoes....but I will admit shes ok with a pair of jeans and a shirt.....im more apt to want to go out in a dress or a blouse and skirt and tights

LauraBird
12-26-2012, 05:32 PM
As others have said - it's different if you HAVE to do it everyday.

I was in the very fortunate position of working from home full time, plus having an accepting wife - so I was dressing every day. Stockings and garter belt, heels, nice skirt, blouse, earrings, hair done... the whole "office appropriate" attire shebang.

After a couple weeks of doing it every day, it started to lose some of its "specialness" - and it started to become work. Enough so that after a while, I didn't dress every day. I realize that skipping opportunities to dress sounds like crazytalk... but it happens. After awhile, some mornings, I just wanted to roll out of bed and log in to work. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of digging out a bra, my forms, etc.... let alone picking an outfit and spending all that time getting ready!

Two separate blogs I follow (started off CD'ers before transitioning to full time) each have posts where they talk about how, when they first went full time, it was heaven... but after a couple weeks, they were more excited to get home and throw on a comfy sweatshirt and pair of yoga pants, than they were getting dolled up for the day.

Cheryl T
12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Women have become acclimated to these things and no longer find them "special". They have done these activities, worn these items over so many years "The Thrill Is Gone".
For us it's still new and still something we enjoy...hope it always stays so.

MeganHenry
12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Yes...my wife brings that up all the time. And asks why...

suit
12-26-2012, 07:51 PM
the grass is greener , we are programed to like women. and since birth the thing we see 98 % of the time is..... womens clothes.ooh yea its the woman in side that makes it all valuble....and your drive is ??? how do you phraze it ....get into her pants....amazing the programing works!

Jilmac
12-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I think many GGs take their gender for granted and don't concern themselves with the things that we consider the epitome of feminity. I could see the trend changing about thirty years ago. My late wife wouldn't think of leaving the house without makeup, combed hair, and a decent outfit. My daughters, on the other hand, didn't worry about outfits makeup or hair as long as they're clothes and bodies were clean. I guess what it boils down to is that we see femininity as we think it ought to be and try to emulete that which we envision.

Annette Anderson
12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I think it is something more than that, the earlier generations were different.I mean yeah,we had Boy George but somebody like Jeffree Star makes BG look like suzy homemaker.The atittude is defintly different...But maby that is what we need

Nanaya
12-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I just like the frilly dresses. I hate high heels and makeup and such, actually. But that's just me.

Sylvermane
12-26-2012, 11:28 PM
My girlfriend refuses to wear pantyhose except very rarely. She hates them with a passion. Me... I can't wear them enough of the time. Same with heels, love em to death and have worn them for extended times and havn't had the problems yet that my mom or girlfriend complain about them. Can't get enough of them.

I think it's the "have to" verses "want to" that makes the difference. For years it was almost required of women to wear pantyhose and some type of heeled shoe, skirts... hair up in some fashion. Times have changed but I grew up around that time and for me those things among others signify "woman" and that is why I love them so much. It's as close as I can get to being what I'm 99.9% sure I should have been.

jeanine38
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Comparing people who enjoy doing something to people who have to do something isn't a fair comparison...... imho... I love to collect rocks and minerals and was talking to a geologist about it and he said "geology is my job.... not my hobby" lol

I think this is a great analogy.

I have a friend who things I am crazy for wearing a bra. I tell her that I love it, and she tells me that she stopped loving it when it was no longer a choice. That's an interesting observation.