PDA

View Full Version : Drab But Near-Andro Styling

Ann Louise
12-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Since my current situation requires regular weekly periods were I need to clothe in drab, I'm apparently stuck with all the exciting (not) shades of gray, charcoal, black, dark blue, and let's not forget the obligatory khaki.

It occurs to me that many of you friends out there are a potentially vast resource of knowledge on the androgynous clothing that's available on the market for us. I want to push the boundaries of drabness, and combined with a nice array of underdressing, feel sweet and nice during my mundane work days.

Would anyone please suggest particular outfits, styles, and suppliers of andro things that would suit us plus-size girls, yet would keep us on the drab side of the line?

{For that matter, andro things for around the house, too!)

Thank you so much, Elfin

Georgia_Maine
12-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh for the fashion colors of the 70s, when 'normal' men could openly wear burgundy & green, and if you were more adventurous any color.

Beverley Sims
12-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Underdress with anything that can't be seen and it is a bit of a blue and grey period isn't it. :)
I use pastel colors for tops and I tried a pair of colored jeans the other day without problem.

sharonlb
12-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I wear light blue quite a bit and haven't had problems. Red works for me as well. As long as it doesn't look overly feminine most people won't notice or care.

Angela Campbell
12-26-2012, 08:33 PM
get some womens jeans...no one can tell for sure.