PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about being in drab

I Am Paula
12-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Since moving to a new town just over a year ago, there are people and places that have never seen me in boy mode. Since going almost full time, the only person I drab down for is my father in law, who is a good ole boy. On boxing day he called and asked if I could come by and pick up some gifts he had for us. I headed for his place, in yucky guy stuff, and as I passed my regular coffee shop, I considered getting a latte to go. They all know there that I'm male (sorta male), but I just COULDN'T go in there in guy clothes. I would be just too embarassed, specially if any of my 'morning coffee ladies' I meet there every day saw me. An ironic twist of fate. It made me think, there are about ten places I will never go in town in drab.
Do any of you ladies who get out often, or are full time feel this way? Is there a place you couldn't handle going to in guy mode?

ArleneRaquel
12-28-2012, 12:05 AM
For me it's the local 7/11, Walgreens, and the local Bank of America, also Dominicks, a grocery chain here, and Jewel. I have been en drab at BOA, my first visit, as I recall and the same for 7/11.

noeleena
12-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi,

Not sure about the guy mode i dought itll make any difference for me or how i dress, as a woman every one knows,
as a female part of my birth so its not an issue i can go any were or meet any one, people just reconise me any way.

Im one of those whos face is not like a womans, so people know this so clothes & all just dont factor in even if im in overalls or work clothes doing building , wearing shorts & tee with a sunhat, every one just says hi noeleena cant change my facial features ,

As to this guy mode i tryed & failed, i had some dress shorts on a white tee sunhat white sneakers on no makeup all ment to be look male, i walked down our street & lo & behold a friend comes up behind me & says hi noeleena wow you look nice to day, oh thank you, & we just chit chated,

So i told Jos this is not going to work is it, & really i was doing this for our son & his wife so thier little kid'e would not think he would wont to dress like i do as a female ,

Had i been born with a more female face this would not have been a problem for our son with thier kide, a little boy, dont over think this im way past that, now heres the funny part my breasts do show cant hide them yet thats not even talked about i mean come on its a bit more than little breasts 16 D,

Well our son & wife are pleased im dressing this way for them, im not bothered if it keeps the peace ill do it, so you see yes i am female just my looks let me down thats my issue with my maleness, so there is a drawback thats mine,

...noeleena...

docrobbysherry
12-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Yes, just the once!

On my first meeting with girls from here which was my first EVER meeting with any dressers. It was at the SCC.
I showed up in the bar in drab. Not knowing if I would dare dress the entire week there. After awhile, I began feeling self conscious dressed in drab. Because everyone else at the table and in the bar, for that matter, was a dressed T girl!
I went to my room and came back down dressed!

Persephone
12-28-2012, 04:13 AM
I absolutely understand, Celeste. As my being out-and-about en femme increases, the number of places I am willing to go en drab decreases.

And yes, it becomes very ironic. Once upon a time I was very uncomfortable about the possibility of being caught en femme, now I constantly worry about being caught en drab and am very embarrassed when it happens.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rogina B
12-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Short of "vehicle recognition" or the name game,I feel that I wouldn't easily be recognized by appearance alone. But,my policy is,that they are happy with Rogina,why confuse them with Roger? And most importantly,then they would "know"..Meaning that when you" present" as female,they don't "know what is probably in your panties" ! So,the acceptance is based on presentation,attitude,and just getting along "nicely..That is all they have to go on... However,if the same people see someone flipflopping between two genders,and "obviously a male"lol,that is entirely a different thing that is best reserved for true friends.

kimdl93
12-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Yeah I would think seriously about going to several stores I frequent. It just wouldn't feel right.

Beverley Sims
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
For me this is a situation I am only just starting to realize.
Another progression from buying first time and first time out.

AllieSF
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't go out close to where I live. However, I go out every where else. Since I go out so much, I know a lot of nice wine bars and restaurants. So, in answer to your questions, yes, I have gone into my female favorites in guy mode a few times. It really shocked my good friends, waiters and bar tenders too. I guess that I am comfortable enough in both modes to be able to share them with my trusted friends.

Kate Simmons
12-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Kinda doubtful Hon. I get along with most folks in either mode.:)

I Am Paula
12-28-2012, 09:50 PM
In some places, people seeing me drab would be like them seeing me naked. -Celeste

Rogina B
12-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I was thinking it over and...The only place I flipflop back and forth is the nail salons[mostly Vietnamese] for Pedis and brow waxing with the occasional back job....When I walk out the door,they can talk about me all they want because who understands their language that may be in there anyhow!
In some places, people seeing me drab would be like them seeing me naked. -Celeste

I Am Paula
12-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I would love to know what the Vietnamese nail ladies were talking about. They never stop, and punctuate the conversation with giggles. I have a favorite, who's about 4'5" and no more than 75 lbs. She's sooo cute, I've considered making her my pet.-Celeste