PDA

View Full Version : Need a break...

Molly Wells
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
So, I have spent the last three days remodeling my daughters kitchen. New floor, rearrange cabinets, add some new ones, new counter tops, etc.
At least one more day to go.
Waking up sore and stiff from all the work this morning I found myself wishing for a Molly day, just get dressed in girl mode and go for a stroll or such...imagine a leisurely day being me..
Oh well, back to work. Hope I finish today.

Molly

Karren H
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
lol.... I wish I could finish my remodeling in 4 days..... I'm hoping to finish in maybe like 4 more months!..... then I take a fem day off... sigh....

Molly Wells
12-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah, Karen,
4 days is a rush, but it is a small kitchen and laundry room. Putting in some new prefab cabinets and laid a laminate floor. My daughter and her hubby get to do the painting and clean up.LOL
I have been making plans to remodel my house, thinking I would do it all myself. But after this week I might have to consider some bids for the bigger stuff.
The old bones not as young as they used to be...
Molly

kimdl93
12-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Our latest rehab to our 40 year old house may take four months...but this time I think I'll stick with the demolition and hire people to do the renovating. I know what to do...after remodeling four homes. I've learned to accept that I'm just not careful, patient or skilled enough to make it come out professionally.

I Am Paula
12-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I do all my own renos. Five houses in sixteen years, all gutted and re done. I share your pain, I only get two cups of coffee a year at home with no saw/drywall dust in them. The solution I found was do it en femme. Most workwear companies sell pink boots and toolbelts now, even carpenters, and painters pants are available in women's styles. I use some smaller boobs, as it makes it easier to swing a hammer, and a Dior baseball cap holds my hair back.
I like to eat my lunch outside and whistle at passing construction workers.-Celeste

Beverley Sims
03-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Rewards come to us all who wait.
It will happen.....

RADER
03-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Back in th Day; I was expected to hang and install the tops in Kitchen ad the rate of 20 minuets a cabinet.
Now most kitchens have about 7 upper cabinets, and 5 lower with cut-outs for the sink. That comes to about
4 hours with the top. Then you have all the Vanities in the bathrooms. Master, 3 with some fillers,
Hall bath 1, and the downstairs powder room, 1 with 2 fillers. That makes about 2 hours more, with tops.
So then you started on the stair rails, You got 1 hour per section. Lets do the Hustle.
Rader

Jenni Yumiko
03-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Radar, come remodel my house :-)

RADER
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Radar, come remodel my house :-)

Where are Youuuuuuuu?
I am way up north, close to the Great America Park.
Rader

Jenni Yumiko
03-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Opposite direction, by statesville

linda allen
03-05-2013, 09:13 AM
So, I have spent the last three days remodeling my daughters kitchen. New floor, rearrange cabinets, add some new ones, new counter tops, etc.
At least one more day to go.
Waking up sore and stiff from all the work this morning I found myself wishing for a Molly day, just get dressed in girl mode and go for a stroll or such...imagine a leisurely day being me..
Oh well, back to work. Hope I finish today.

Molly

Why not let Molly finish the job. I'm sure she is just as good of a trades person as you are. :battingeyelashes:

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Molly, Oh yea been there and done that.

Diversity
03-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Hope you finish today, as well, Molly. Also hope you have a full weekend as Molly and enjoy a long stroll as well. Best wishes.
Di