PDA

View Full Version : A little bummed out.

Lee Andrews
12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Man o man, I had a nice Lee day all planned yesterday but got the lovely news that I was getting put on the unemployment line.
I had everything ready to go, all laid out and after that phone call, bam, a weeks worth of anticipation gone. This has never happened to me before, usually with bad news I dive right in to mentally escape my day to day life. Not this time, felt like downing a bottle of Smirnoff :drink: instead. Even my wife was trying to encourage me to have some girl time via text. All I did was leave the hose on and dive into the mountain of laundry needing to be done.
Oh well, not to worried but it is harder to find something in my field at this time of year. I always do.

JerriSC
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news honey. Hope things work out. Keep your head up. :hugs:

kimdl93
12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Hope you find something quickly. In the mean time, take your wife's advice and enjoy some girl time.

Lee Andrews
12-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Well I'm dressed from the neck down Kim. Best I can do with our Holiday schedule, that's why yesterday was perfect. Oh well there will be other times.
As for the job, I'm pretty good at what I do. The only drawbacks are the time of year and economy. Historically companies keep their regulars busy in the winter and don't hire new people till the spring. Hopefully with all the people I know and that know my skills it won't be too bad. Facebook is a humming right now. LOL

SandraInHose
12-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Next week will mark the two years since my bosses walked in my office and said they wanted to become a smaller company, and that I was being let go. I was the head of my department, and had been there almost 17 yrs, seeing the company triple in size, so it was a real kick in the gut for me. Thankfully I did find another job within two weeks, but it only paid about half of the previous one. But over the last two years, I've managed to show my new company what I'm capable of, and they've bumped my pay three times, getting me somewhat closer (75%) to my old salary. And on top of that, I'm actually quite a bit happier working where I'm currently at.

You sound pretty confident you'll land another job relatively quickly, and I hope that's the case. Those two weeks I was unemployed were definitely the most miserable two weeks I've ever endured! Best of luck, Lee!

Tracii G
12-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Don't let the job thing get you down I'm sure you find another and maybe better than the last.
If you have skills there will be someone to hire you.
Good luck and your wife is a smart lady take some time for yourself.

Kate Simmons
12-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Chin up Hon. My guides are telling me you will find something soon. Be well. :)

DW
12-29-2012, 12:09 PM
That kind of news REALLY sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hope you find something.

Barbara Ella
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
That happening this time of year sucks. Sounds like you are a positive individual, and with the support of your caring wife, I know you will come out on top.

Barbara

Adrienna
12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Hang tuff...a whole lot of experienced, talented and loyal working folks have been severely trampled upon in the name of greed! Hang in there...good things will come your way! Lots of hugs and enjoy more femme time!

Michelle M
12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Hang in there Lee. I've been there a few times, and each time I held-out until I found a position better than the last.

Angela Campbell
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
These things always come at the worst time. Keep your head up, you will find something and be better off in the long run.

Michaelasfun
12-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear, Lee. The same thing happened to me but I recently found a new position that is much less stressful than the old one, so events turned out to be blessings in disguise. This too shall pass! Just use the time to unwind and enjoy yourself a bit, you'll find something else.

SherriePall
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Being laid off is never any fun. I'm sure you will find something soon. Question: you were told via a phone call? At the house? Well, I guess that beats finding out via a newscast that your plant has closed.

Stephanie47
12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Christmas time is a bummer of a time to get laid off. Hopefully, employment opportunities will arise. I always found dressing to be therapeutic, relaxing, stress reliever. Set up a schedule for job seeking and en femme time. I'm a retiree. I know it is not the same as being unemployed, but, since my wife is still working I pickup the slack around the house.

Today, I lucked out because my wife is away for the entire day helping our daughter pack for a move. Stephanie expected to be out of circulation until the beginning of January. So, I too am making the best of the day. Yep, doing the laundry and banging on the keyboard as the washer goes through its cycles.

And, although the economy is slow, people with good job skills and a good work history will be hired before the unskilled and people without a credible employment history. At least in the USA there are literally millions of unfilled job because people do not have the required skills.

reb.femme
12-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi Lee,

I got the same news back in 98, so I know that hideous feeling. Did they manage to wish you a happy new year too? The boss explained that he was very sorry and as I replied, "not as 4U$*%ng sorry as me!".

Love your positive attitude and I sincerely hope it turns out well for you. I think if this were to happen to me now, I can only envisage selling myself at King's Cross Railway station as a plausible alternative to well paid IT work in Britain. :heehee:

Rebecca

Lee Andrews
12-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Being laid off is never any fun. I'm sure you will find something soon. Question: you were told via a phone call? At the house? Well, I guess that beats finding out via a newscast that your plant has closed.

Found out through my foreman, who also was laid off. Talked to one of the owners and he said it was temporary. But as with everything, temporary can be two different things to two different people. lol

Lee Andrews
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
I have the greatest wife. Worried about spending money so I thought getting a new outfit was out of the question. Forgot I had a Walmart gift card for Christmas.
So right after I wrote the last reply, she comes in the office and says. "I know you have been aching to bust out your other side ,so why don't we go over and get you something and you can dress this afternoon while I'm out with the girlfriends."
So over we went, picked up a new bra, blouse and a skirt. Came home and she says don't worry about changing back before I get home and off she went. Here I am all done up and I'm in the mood. Damn skirt is too big, good for me but not for the look today. Yay I'm an 18 in skirts now!!!
The roller coaster is coming back up slowly again. Hope it isn't a short hill with a big drop on the other side.

stacycoral
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Miss Lee, girl i hope you can up right back in after the first, girl i know how important it is to get some girltime for us t-girls,and cd's, sound like your SO is very understanding it does make life more easy with a understand mate. Lee i wish you a Happy New Year, and girl i will say a pray for you to be able to find a job. take care, hugs.

Lee Andrews
12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Thank you very much Stacy. She is a keeper and I am glad she said yes all those years ago even knowing this is what I do.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
A little change in routine on a daily basis can have an adverse affect on when we dress.