PDA

View Full Version : Which parent or sibling were you closest to?

Helen MC
12-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Which parent or sibling were you closest to if any?

In my case it was my Mother and my Sister, (I didn't have any brothers). My Father was a bit player , a walk on part as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong, he was a kind enough man and cared well for his family and absolutely no way like the monster in Amityville Horror who gets blasted by his son.

However we had little in common. He was your typical man, tinkered with his car, went to watch the Football (Soccer) or Cricket on a Saturday or down the pub with his mates for a pint. I was more of the bookish intellectual type and instinctively prefered the company of my sister and my mother. I always hated team sports of any type and any sort of "Rough and Tumble" activities.

What about you? Were you "Mummy's (Mommy's) Boy" or "Son of my Father" ?

BrendaChristine
12-03-2005, 05:09 AM
I was a bit of both. A bit closer to my mother perhaps but only because he was home more.

Wendy me
12-03-2005, 05:41 AM
i said mom , but lately most of them are a bit upset with me ...life goes on.........

Shaylynn
12-03-2005, 05:52 AM
I have always been closer to Mom . I think she understood me better, always supportive of me. Mom was always the one i went to if i had a problem. She did dress me up as Dorothy one halloween.
Dad never home alot, very much a macho Cop. i was never intrested in sports or guy things, guess I was a disappointment to him. We do get along much better today.

Maid Barbara
12-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi Brenda Christine
I wondered if you had TG parents or was this a triping errot!

A bit closer to my mother perhaps but only because HE was home more.

Only jesting,
Maid Barbara x

Kimberly
12-03-2005, 07:05 AM
It's tragic - I'm closer to by Dad, but he is the least accepting of the two parents of this side of my personality.

:( xx

Raychel
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
By far it was my mother, We could talk about anything, Even some of the most sensitive issues.

Veronica E. Scott
12-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I put other,because I felt closer to my Grandmother on my farthers side cause I felt closer to her than anyone although we never talked about personal things.I was 8 when we moved from the east cost to the west cost.My father was Irish/Sweed-my Mother was English I grew up in a cold unloving unfeeling family. I had 2 Brothers and 2 Sisters that Lived and we were told Don't speak unles spoken too. To this day we are a very close family.(YA Right) as a child I spent a lot of time alone had very few friends no one to talk to except myself and my dog(MY very best friend)could tell her anything and she excepted me for who I was didn't matter to her she loved me. My wife has said that my family was is so screw up it is a wonder I turned out the way I did not counting my CDing.Guess where that comes from? too much time alone.I didn't realise this was turning into a shrink session. Is this covered by my Ins.

Angela Burke
12-03-2005, 08:34 AM
My Mother and my gang of lovely, understanding sisters.
Thankyou.

Love Angela XX

Tracy Lynn
12-03-2005, 11:14 AM
I would have to say my mom. Always there for me even now.

Rikki
12-04-2005, 02:58 AM
I voted sister. I have six sisters and was very close to one of them who is three years younger than I am, we did every thing together. Now though we don't communicate or see one another. The rest of the family and I have never been close at all.

Rikki

Sarah Smile
12-04-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm closest to my father, yet he's the one I think will be the last (if ever) to know.

Adrianne
12-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I was very close to my mum, was'nt until my mum past away in 2000 that i got cloer to my dad.

Kim E
12-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Was always close to my mother. When I was young, she was the only one I could talk to about my gender identity problem. She was very kind and understanding, unlike my father. She always tried to be the buffer between my father and myself. She almost left him a couple times because of his treatment of me. We stayed very close until she passed many years ago. I miss her very much.

Kim

Kayla Smith
12-04-2005, 10:27 AM
I was closest to my mom and my sister, when I was growing up, I was usually not allowed to go do things with my dad and my brother I was uaually told (by my dad) that my place was with my mom and sister. But my mom passed:( away in 98 and after her passing my sisters attitude towards me changed and we have not spoken since then. I am so glad that I have a loving wife and two very undstanding daughters as well as all of my sisters that give me support.

karen marie
12-04-2005, 12:54 PM
definetlly mom,she was so understanding and supportive.
she saved my life....
karen.

Leilani68
12-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Voted Sisters:
Played House, and with Dolls (even had my own Make-up Barbie).
Of course Played Dress up with the works.....:)

Gale R
12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
My mom was the only parent that i was close to, passed away now, my father left when i was about 5, thank god, a real pig of a man who liked dishing out punishment.
Could be 1 of the reasons i CD.:)

Lisa Marie
12-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Im close to my mom. My dad died when i was 9 dont have any brothers or sisters was raised mostly by women.

Clarissa3d
12-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I am the youngest of 4 children. The next older is my sister who I wound up wearing her clothes. My first memory of cross-dressing was the curiosity of my mothers heels. I was drawn to them and my mother had a very difficult time making me wear my boy shoes. I would only wear my cowboy boots. I seemed more natural wearing my sisters shoes but after getting scolded by my sister for getting into her frilly things I wound up sneaking time to wear her clothes.

I spent so much time with my mother going to womens outings and shopping for clothes it just seems natural.

I never fit in with the guys, I was always the sissy boy .....

So yes I am a mommas boy/girl

S. Lisa Smith
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
My Mom, she loves to go shopping with Lisa. My sister was and still is a tomboy.

DawnRodgers
12-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Actually didn't have any choice. My dad died in the war (WWII) and my mom wasn't married . Guess it was like a going away thing. Then we lived with her sisiter and her two daughters. My aunt;s husband died when I was still a baby from cancer. So I grew up in a house with four women. When my mother remarried, we lived in a two family house with my father's mother, his sister and her husband and their two daughters. Is it any winder of these deep yearnings to be a woman.
Dawn

Nicole Lee
12-05-2005, 02:20 PM
My mom and dad equally .. well, sort of. My mom, I talk to her a lot about emotional feelings (crushes in school, relationships with other people, that sort of thin), while my dad and I talk about the more "manly things", for lack of better terms. Cars, fixing things, and stuff like that. But sometimes, we always tell stories with each other about the extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins).

I'm lucky to be very close with my parents. A lot of kids my age aren't as close with theirs as I am with mine.

I would, however, would like to get closer with my little brother, who's six years younger than me. I don't want to grow up with the two of us not talking to each other like two of my cousins -- who are twins, but never talk to each other.