PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Playlist

AngelaKelly<3
12-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Does anyone else have a "dressing playlist" that they like to put on when they are indulging their feminine side?

I definitely have a collection of songs that remind me of dressing, and I'm beginning to collect some into a YouTube playlist to use for this.

You can find my own playlist here: Playlist Link (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B8B7157F236339F)

Hannah Gotta
12-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Mine is a mix of Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and Indigo Girls.

love, Hannah

Cynthia Anne
12-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Sorry; no play list here! I'm too country for that! Hugs!

Leah Lynn
12-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Mine is a mix of Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and Indigo Girls.

love, Hannah

You, Young Lady, have impecable taste in music! I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard of the Indigo Girls.

Valerie Nova
12-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Anything loud and noisy that will disguise any characteristic sounds I may be making.

Billie1
12-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Another +1 for Joni Mitchell.

All I have to do is put on Court and Spark and it just
kind of flows ...
:c9:

Ressie
12-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Angela, your youtube playlist is private = inaccessible.

Beverley Sims
12-30-2012, 10:26 AM
I checked this earlier and I suggest you post your playlist here so I can comment on it.
I do not have one but "Lola" and "I enjoy being a girl" I have performed at "talent" nights.

Camille15
12-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I recently discovered the "Relaxation" station on Pandora, which I find nice to enjoy my feminine side to.

tamaralynn
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
I always find the Shania Twain cd when I am getting ready. Any of them, including "man, I feel like a woman", of course.

Here is something new, put on No Doubt's "Looking Hot" the next time you are getting ready if you really want to get motivated. And, most of their stuff is awesome.

Abbygirl
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM

I noticed the same- any chance we can get a private showing?

Sarah L
12-30-2012, 07:39 PM
You, Young Lady, have impecable taste in music! I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard of the Indigo Girls.

I've heard one of their songs and I liked it, but I don't remember the name of it. Oh, well. A couple of girls mentioned Joni Mitchell. I have the one with Woodstock and Big Yellow Taxi. Good stuff.
I don't really have a playlist. Maybe I should get one.

AngelaKelly<3
12-30-2012, 08:26 PM

Sorry, hadn't noticed that. It's public now.

Claire_tv_uk
12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
similar to the OP, whenever i hear anything by girls aloud i instantly wanna get dressed up. Their songs are so catchy.

Leah Lynn
12-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Occasionally I'll go with older music (well, I AM old!). And Then He Kissed Me, by the Crystals, At Last, by Etta James, tunes of that genre.

AmyGaleRT
12-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Let me check the "Amy's Music" playlist on my phone...

"Just Dance," Lady Gaga
"You Gotta Be," Des'ree
"Larger Than Life," Backstreet Boys
"Wannabe," Spice Girls
"Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy," Tata Young
"Gimme More," Britney Spears
"She Works Hard For The Money," Donna Summer
"Milkshake," Kelis
"Genie in a Bottle," Christina Aguilera
"Circus," Britney Spears
"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)," Backstreet Boys
"Baby One More Time," Britney Spears

A lot of these made me want to dance, is why I included them. And some just speak to my femme side.

I also have a Pandora station to help me find more things to put on this playlist.

Suffice to say this is very different from the music I prefer in "guy mode"! :D

Wendy G
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I love classic rock and country, but I'm finding that I really enjoy listening to Swing along with Singers and Standards while going through the activities of bathing, shaving, dressing, and make up. It really sets the mood.

Valerie Nova
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Okay, on a more serious note, Slow, by Kylie Minogue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omrp4QR_Rpo) makes me want to act all sexy and feminine and seductive. To who? I don't know. It just ignites some sort of feminine passion in me that I'd rather keep buried. I kind of avoid that song because I'd rather just not have all those emotions come up if I can help it.

AngelaKelly<3
01-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Okay, on a more serious note, Slow, by Kylie Minogue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omrp4QR_Rpo) makes me want to act all sexy and feminine and seductive. To who? I don't know. It just ignites some sort of feminine passion in me that I'd rather keep buried. I kind of avoid that song because I'd rather just not have all those emotions come up if I can help it.

I know what you mean, but I don't think "feminine passion" is something that needs to be repressed. I get a similar feeling from Shakira's music, especially when she sings in Spanish (which I don't speak lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Rwz6zBJSE

And when I hear music by Welsh singer Marina and the Diamonds, I think it's just all about the amount of passion people put into the music; the same way a heavy metal song might make you feel angry or bring out "typically male" emotions, these songs bring out "typically female" ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oMD6-6q5Y

MsKimiko
01-04-2013, 02:39 AM
When I dress I like to have a young energetic feeling so I put Britney on Pandora and transform and dance away ;)

danielletorresani
01-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Shakira - She Wolf
Shakira - Why Wait
Shakira - Beautiful Liar
Beyoncé - Baby Boy
Beyoncé - Fever
Beyoncé - Naughty Girl
Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
Cory Lee - The Naughty Song
Christina Millian - Dip It Low
Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
Rihanna - Let Me
Rihanna - SOS
Rihanna - Pon De Replay
Cardigans - Lovefool

Sophie_C
01-04-2013, 02:56 AM
Mine is constantly in flux, but honestly, I have to hide half of the music on my iPhone since it's way, way too feminine for anyone to not give me the eye. Hell, even effeminate gay boys don't listen to what I do. It's just part of my daily repression that I'm feeling more and more like giving up on these day.

Anyway, it's always current, and 'Diamonds' from Rihanna is pretty nice right now.

lWA2pjMjpBs

Danielle, if you like Shakira, I'd suggest listening to the Spanish versions of ALL of her songs. Once you hear, for example, 'Loba' instead of 'She Wolf' you'll realize how much smoother they are out of English, and that, in fact, she makes them in Spanish first (I'm betting she probably thinks in Spanish, anyway). Judy something you might enjoy!

C7ssrLSheg4

BTW, I don't get how people listen to dated music (no insult to anyone here). Yes, I listed to Spice Girls in 1996, Kylie in 2001 and Robyn in 2010. I get bored with old things and just have to move on...

Tiffany Ember
01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
A few months ago I have done just that and put together a girlie playlist for myself with songs from Katy Perry, Beyonce, Adele, Lady Gaga and stuff like that. It helps me getting back to my feminine side when I'm applying my make up and getting all dressed. My fiancé likes listening to it as well when we are hanging out together at home as a couple of girlfriends.

Robyn B
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Tori Amos....end of thread....

:) :)

Her "Strange Little Girls" CD is worth buying simply for the CD cover -- she does a different make up look to represent each of the songs on the Album! Her cover of Lou Reed's "New Age" I think is the hottest song I have ever heard...but that's just me...

Oddly, I generally hate Madonna but when dressed it's strangely appealing music -- Go Figure!!

Keri L
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't have a dressing playlist, but I have been listening to Norah Jones in my car lately, when I want something more femme. Of course, Sade is one of my all-time favorites.

MsJanessa
01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Shame on You for thinking you are the only one on the forum who has heard of the Indigo Girls (for the uninitiated among us, Shame on You is the Indigo Girls most famous song)

Donna Jean
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Gotta include "Man, I feel like a Woman" by Shania Twain!.... :)

Cynthia_0101
01-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Pretty much the same stuff I listen to in guy mode.

Slipknot
Killswitch Engage
Billy Talent
Alexis On Fire
Mumford and Sons
Adele
Three Days Grace

AmyGaleRT
01-06-2013, 09:27 PM
A quick postscript...while I was getting my New Year's Eve look ready, I had my phone on in the bathroom playing my "Amy" Pandora station. Just as I was putting the finishing touches on, it started playing the Pussycat Dolls. It gave me a nice little femme boost as I started singing along: "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Don't cha? Don't cha?" (Yes, I thumbed-up the track. :) )

- Amy

LaraPeterson
01-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but when I'm en femme or getting there, I love to listen to anything Pink. I like the attitude and it gives me a little more umph in my step.

Ariamythe
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Pretty much the same stuff I listen to in guy mode.
This. Though even in guy mode, I have a certain preference for female voices and melodic tunes. My absolute favorites:

Loreena McKennitt (she is my muse, always gets me thinking, always gets me zen)
Blackmore's Night
Nellie McKay
Bad Religion
Dropkick Murphys