PDA

View Full Version : Do You Dare?

Sarah L
12-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello.
If the first person to respond to this thread dares me to go out, Sarah is going to make a public appearance this morning.

I am also putting a five minute time limit on it just for fun!
Lets see what happens!

Melissa73
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
yes u should go out!!!! its fun and exciting.. have fun

melissa

ArleneRaquel
12-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Going out enfemme is what it is all about. Well just about. :battingeyelashes:

daarleane
12-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Why are you waiting, get out there. Enjoy the day.

Raychel
12-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Public apearance in the daylight. I bet you don't have the guts, We need pics to prove you did it. :heehee

Jenniferathome
12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Why do you need a "dare" from the forum? Going out is fun, exciting, satisfying, all by itself. You have to choose this for yourself or you might have a experience you didn't plan for

Sarah L
12-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Why do you need a "dare" from the forum? Going out is fun, exciting, satisfying, all by itself. You have to choose this for yourself or you might have a experience you didn't plan for

Did you ever do one of those things where you say something like: "If the phone rings in 5 minutes, I'll have pizza for dinner."? It's something like that.
I have been dared! Out the door I go!

Jenniferathome
12-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Did you ever do one of those things where you say something like: "If the phone rings in 5 minutes, I'll have pizza for dinner."? It's something like that.
I have been dared! Out the door I go!

Well have fun, but to answer your question: nope.

~Joanne~
12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
If daring yourself is the only way for you to make a baby step, then I dare you to do it again ;) remember, pictures or it never happened lol

Beverley Sims
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Walk out the front door in a dress, wig and heels, hold your hands in the air and yell "yay", then you can go back inside.

I dare you!

connie23
12-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Sarah,
What a great idea. Now all of us can share in your excitement and adventure vicariously. I hope you have a great time and can't wait to see the pictures. Maybe my turn next time!
Connie

Miriam-J
12-30-2012, 03:01 PM
I triple dog dare you.
[from the movie 'A Christmas Story]

Tis the season. Don't get your tongue stuck to a pole.

Miriam

arbon
12-30-2012, 03:04 PM
dare you not to, you'll just hate it.

Sarah L
12-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Hello.

Well, I survived to some extent (my feet and legs are not too happy with me).

This was kind of a New Year's Resolution. I have been out before, but it was always different. It was more of an adventure. I was always nervous and never sure if I could go through with it.

I wanted to go out and be myself. I wanted it to be as normal as possible. I'm not having some experience, I'm just shopping. No big deal. I just happen to be wearing a skirt (and makeup and stockings and etc...)

For this reason, I didn't take any pictures. I took along one of those throwaway cameras, but never got it out.

I went to target and bought some stuff I needed. Of course, I found a beautiful skirt and picked it up, too. Did anyone notice me? I have no idea. I don't care. I felt pretty good. One interesting thing is that my walk was great! I have never walked as well in women's shoes as I did today. Usually, my walk falls apart about five feet from the car. Not today. Amazing what confidence will do for you!

At Macy's I found a really nice skirt for $8 (regularly $60). That baby went home with me! I walked across to the other end of the mall to a shoe store. It wasn't open and they didn't have any store hours posted.

I went to another shoe store and spent about an hour in there. I bought a pair that I don't exactly love the look of, but they are real comfortable.

Finally Walmart. Bought some panties and a couple of nightgowns that look warmer than what I have (it got down to 14 last night). I got into one of the speedy checkout lanes and stood for about a half hour. Somebody's credit card wasn't working or something. I thought about getting into a self checkout, but I wanted to stand in front of a real person and pay for my stuff.

I bought gas and went home.

I was hoping my neighbor would be outside. I am ready to let the people around me know about Sarah. I don't have a garage, so when I go out as Sarah, I'm in view of my neighbors. They are gonna see me eventually and I'd rather make it known that I am not ashamed and I am not hiding anymore.

Don't worry, this isn't pink fog. I've had that before, I know what it feels like. I am not planning to run down the street shouting:"Look at me! Look at me!" I am only planning to tell people who are going to find out anyway.

In 2010, I spent Halloween weekend out and about as Sarah (I was out of town). I remember getting out of the car in a dress and not caring and thinking :"This is what freedom feels like." But that was at Halloween. Everybody's got a reason to be dressed like a girl on Halloween.

I didn't think anything like that when I was out. I just felt normal and confident. When I got home and sat down, however, I did think:"This is what freedom feels like."

It's now up to me (and nobody else) to fulfill my resolution and be myself whether I am home or out shopping or whatever.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread. Everyone on this message board made it possible for me to do this today.

Sandra1746
12-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes, this IS what freedom feels like. And it is wonderful.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year,
Sandra1746

Dana L
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Wow that's great Sarah, your story has got me thinking of doing it too. I'm just not that confident yet. Someday I will and I hope it's as good as your outing.

Sarah L
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow that's great Sarah, your story has got me thinking of doing it too. I'm just not that confident yet. Someday I will and I hope it's as good as your outing.

Maybe we should dare you! ;)