PDA

View Full Version : Bank error in my favor. (not a monopoly thread)

I Am Paula
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I had to see a real human at the bank yesterday, to transfer some investment funds. As soon as I sat down I handed him my bank card with my male name on it. He swiped it, handed it back to me and said 'thank you Barbara'. I looked at my card, it was the right one. I replied 'Barbara is my wife'. He turned bright red and apologized 'I hope you don't mind, I assumed...'. I said 'I wouldn't look like this if I minded the mistake'.
I left the bank grinning like an idiot. It was the first time in years I passed from four feet away. Passing is not my dream objective, and I get ma'amed everywhere, but this just felt so good.-Celeste

bridget thronton
12-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a great way to start off any day

ArleneRaquel
12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for sharing darlin. I love that thread starter.

Janelle_C
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
What a great story. I love it how the teller handled it when you told him Barbara is my wife. Mybe society is making some progress.

LauraBird
12-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Heck I don't know that I would've corrected him.

Beverley Sims
12-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I was buying overseas currency and was overpaid $1000.
In order for the cashier not to get into trouble I needed to contact him by phone.
It is very hard trying to sneak a thousand dollars back into a bank without management finding out.
That cashier feels like an elephant that had a thorn removed from his foot.
He was so greatful.
On the other side you are making progress Celeste.
Good for you.

Leah Lynn
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
That was a neat encounter. Having heard some "Crossdressing Bank Robber" stories, it went very well, indeed.

Talldrinkofwater
12-31-2012, 12:30 AM
What a delightful occurrence! Some of my favorite people i see on a regular basis are the tellers at my bank. And it's kind of amusing that there are signs on the door about hats to discourage showing gang affiliation, but wearing way too much makeup at 9 am is no problem. and i know this isn't a monopoly thread...but would it be alright if i just hung out on free parking for just a bit? hehe