PDA

View Full Version : Do your parents know?

Mistress Frillee
12-03-2005, 12:47 PM
I am pretty sure my mom knows that I wear panties. Years ago, when I was living back at home, I use to brg my stash home to wear & wash when my parents traveled.... once, 1 day before they were set to arrive, I washed all my panties... I counted them to make sure.... I was 1 short!

SO I looked everywhere but could not find the missing pair.... so I gathered up my panties & stashed em... my parents came home, my mom started to do the wash the next day.......later that day I found all my clothes folded on my dresser in my room, with the missing pair of panties on the very top of the pile!!!

I freaked out alittle bit...... I did not know what to think.... I waited for my mom to confront me with these.... but she never did..... so I decided to "test" my mom... I wanted to see if she put them in my room by mistake or if she knew what she was doing... a few times in the past she put 1 pair of he rpanties in my drawer by mistake......I threw the panties back into the wash. I wanted to see if they would make their way back into my undie drawer.......

They make it back , so I worked the panties into my weekly rotation. They were white nylon bikini brief style, no mistaking them for mens... and I have no sisters & had no gf at that time... they were too small for my mom.... how did my mom know they were mineƉ

a few years ago, when I was renovating my living room, my parents came over to help me paint this room... I was bending down rolling out the drop cloth... after 15 min or so, I realized that my nylon pink panties were fully exposed in the back! AND MY MOM was 3-4 feet behind me, helping me

No way she could have missed that!

She has never said anything to me.. so I figure she must know......

*** When I was younger, my mom use to allow me to dress up in her panties & nylons, this was before I started elementary school... once I started school, she did not allow me to do this... but I started to check out her panty drawer..... at 1st I started to try them out when she was away, but later I could not help myself & would "liberate" my favorite pair of panties

I rationalized it in this manner, I figured my mom would just figure that the panties went missing in the wash! Shocked

How stupid! But I was very young then... over the years more & more of her panties went missing.... She MUST have put 2 & 2 together........

LOL

Jasmine Ellis
12-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Mistress, no they do not. I couldn't and can't tell them. Wish I could but I love them so much just can't darling.

Mistress Frillee
12-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh I could never tell my parents about the entire cding thing...... but I am pretty sure my mom found out by accident that I like to wear panties... so also
knows I have 1 pair of womens sandals & she did buy me a pair of diamond studs for my ears!

JennyCD
12-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Absolutely not. I wouldn't dream of telling my mother.

Veronica E. Scott
12-03-2005, 01:46 PM
No my parents are no longer with me and if they were I would not tell them.

Kierci
12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Well I have 4 dresses hanging in my closet, no way to miss them I live with my mom and daughter, Mom used to know that I did, I would assume she knows now I mean how do you hide 4 dresses hanging and 2 sweaters in the bottom drawer? LOL

Sarah Smile
12-03-2005, 03:54 PM
My mother (an FTM TS) knows. My father does not. I am afraid of what he'll think. Why? I don't really know. It's just fear, which doesn't have to explain itself.

Wendy me
12-03-2005, 03:58 PM
my mom knows and she knew way back before when i thought i was "getting away with it"......

MichelleGray502
12-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Me mam has known now for 'bout 15 years and is very supportive to 'th most part but i can recall of a time when she wasnt. Over th years she brought skirts, blouses, knickers, bras , tights, etc. for me and problay still would today if she wanted to to help me out. But me farther on th other hand does not know and if ever found out 'bout me cding, He would never understand it and problay disowned me for rest of me list so mam tells me he must never find out and she would make sure that he never does. Some people are better to never know and in this case it is 'th best soultion.

Jodi Lynn
12-03-2005, 07:24 PM
My Mom knew many years ago that I liked to get dressed up, she found me dressed a few times. Don't think she ever told my Dad. Mom is gone now and I don't think I could ever tell my Dad.

fionablack
12-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I wore my Mothers clothes for years before i started buying my own stuff. I am sure I could not have always put them back so carefully that she never noticed things had been moved.

I have never told her or my Dad and probably never will, but I always wonder if my Mother actually knows but just doesn't say anything

Kierci
12-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Amber Dawn, did I understand you correctly your mom is a FTM and you are a MTF?

Kimberly
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
No amusing stories for me!!

I came out to my parents, and its been a bit shakey with them so far... oh well. I need to push things a little with my mum, maybe - I think she can take it. My Dad, however, is finding it VERY hard. I need to talk to him in a month or so... have a really big chat about it.

xx

Rikki
12-03-2005, 10:33 PM
My mother has known for years and is okay with it. We have had talks about it and she has helped fix a skirt for me. I can't remember how she found out about it, we just started talking about it. She has six real daughters and two sons. She now has five daughters, one lesbian, one grossdresser and one mocho son.
I think that the whole family knows about me, but only a couple of sisters have ever talked with me and only two have seen Rikki dressed. One of my sisters has traded clothes with me and she has done my make up several times. I was thinking about sending a picture of myself to my mother, but not sure if she would want to see it.

Rikki

Jenny1
12-04-2005, 12:19 AM
My dad would disown me if he knew if he doesn't already. When I was 14, I got dressed in my mum's and sister's things and went out for a walk. As the door shut behind me the sudden realisation hit that I didn't have my keys.
The only thing I could do was put on discarded clothes put in the shed that I used to wear 2 years previously. Everything was too short or too small. I stayed with my next door neighbours and was constantly looking for the arrival of my parents.
Finally they arrived and I rushed to meet them. As soon as the door opened, I rushed upstairs and tried to sort out my parents room which was strewn with my mothers clothes. Not surprisingly my parents were somewhat suspicious.
About half hour later, I went back outside to retrieve my mum's high heels. She caught me bringing them in. The best I could come up with was I wore them while I answered the door when I locked myself out. I find it hard to believe that my mother doesn't know from this. As for my dad, I reckon that his total hatred of all things crossdressing is a way of telling me that he wants nothing to do with my "perverted" antics.
If that was the only time I was nearly caught, just maybe I could think they don't know but there have been plenty of other occasions. However my dad still extols his hatred of crossdressers.
Maybe one day I will tell him but I worry about his health if I do.

Me_Being_Me
12-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I told my mom a few months ago cause I felt I needed to tell someone. I thought that she was gonna be mad or something but she was really cool with it but she has never seen me dressed up. I wouldn't ever dare tell my dad. He probably wouldn't talk to me for the rest of his or my life.

kwebb
12-04-2005, 01:07 AM
I told my mom years ago and wound up regretting it. Told my father and he took it much better than she did.

Lisa Maren
12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
>They make it back , so I worked the panties into my weekly rotation. They >were white nylon bikini brief style, no mistaking them for mens... and I have no >sisters & had no gf at that time... they were too small for my mom.... how did >my mom know they were mine?

Gee, I think you've answered your own question! lol

My mom used to find her pantyhose under my bed when I was 3 or 4 years old. Then when I was about six I was wearing pajamas with a bottom that had full feet (with pantyhose on underneath) and one foot had a hole in it. She noticed.

Then there were at least two pairs of pantyhose (of my mom's) that I had stashed and which disappeared (likely meaning that she found them and confiscated them).

One other time, I was wearing her pantyhose in her walk-in closet and I heard her coming up the stairs! I managed to get them off and get dressed but I had to stash them in her walk-in closet but not in the right place. She probably found them.

She knows. Except for the fact that she thinks I've stopped.

My father does not know, though. He might be hard to break the news to if I ever do that intentionally or otherwise. He was in the military, so... yeah.

Hugs,
Lisa

Tiffy
12-04-2005, 01:39 AM
My wife, my mother in law, my mom and grandmother all know. But most of them only in the past year. Course my mom knew anyway. Or guessed any how.

Kisses, April Marie

rachelcd
12-04-2005, 01:44 AM
i think my mum knows. there have been alot of incidents that have come up in the past where i have left panties or stockings on my bed (accidently) and she would have gone in there to put my clothes away but she has never said anything. i dont think i could tell my dad.

Abraxas
12-04-2005, 01:45 AM
My parents and stepparents know, as well as a couple of aunts and uncles, and all my cousins (well, the ones who are old enough to understand such things, anyway).

size7satin
12-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Only have a mom and I am sure she knows. She has helped my kids fold the wash. She also has borrowed my satin Pj's when she "invites herself to stay for a day or 4".

I have told her I have a love for lingerie (women wearing it anyhow) She buys stuff that I sell for her on ebay, she if aware of what I sell & buy. We never have had the "talk" that I cd or anything that deals with a sexual manor.

Sarah Smile
12-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Amber Dawn, did I understand you correctly your mom is a FTM and you are a MTF?

Well, I would call myself transgendered (intergender, maybe)... I don't really know yet if I want to transition, but basically, that's correct. My mother transitioned, FTM, about two years ago now. :)

Helen MC
12-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Not as far as I am aware. I took very strict precautions when I lived at home to ensure I was never caught out. My mother and sister may just have suspected that I was secretly wearing their panties , but I was never challenged in any way, for example being forced to take off my trousers which would have revealed that I was wearing a pair of my sister's knickers instead of Y Fronts, so my security precautions paid off.

I know that my father would have been very hostile but I think my mum and my sister would have been more sympathetic had they found out, but thankfully I have never had to put this to the test and now never will.

The unfortunate part of revealing one's CD or TV activities to family or friends is that once disclosed it cannot be retracted, "the toothpaste cannot be put back in the tube" and one has to live with the consequencies, be they adverse, which is more likely to be the case, or hopefully but less common - favourable.

Raychel
12-04-2005, 07:33 AM
My mother did know before she passed away last year. And unless she told my father at some point in time he does not know. I certainly will not tell him. Our relationship has been stressed in the past and this sure does not need to be added to the broth at this time.

My wife has told my mother in-law within the last month. It was kinda interesting her remark. I guess that she just shrugged it off and said "so what, if that is your bigest problem"

But thinking about that now, Her husband, My father in-law, has cancer and is being treated with chemo. So I guess in retrospect. A husband in womens clothes would be pretty minor compaired to Cancer.

Adrianne
12-04-2005, 08:11 AM
My mum & dad never knew, also my sister don't know too.

sweet_maria
12-04-2005, 09:51 AM
I think my mother knows. Before i moved out 2 years ago she used to find some of her drawers open when i was rushed into putting her things back when she came home early and on one occasions asked me why i had went through her drawers. :( I guess if she does know she's okay with it though.

Kim E
12-04-2005, 10:09 AM
My parents both knew, from the time I was young. Being young, I thought it was normal and didn't try to hide anything from them. Since about 12, I've been transsexual, only back then there weren't labels or definitions for it.

As a teenager, my mother worked as the head of the cosmetics dept at a large department store. When she would get ready for work we'd talk and I'd watch her put on her makeup. One weekend, when my father was away, she showed me how to apply makeup. Shortly after she brought a box of cosmetic samples home for me. Became part of my stash. My father never knew about this and it was our secret.

Kim

Helen MC
12-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I have always worked on the basis that I chose to whom I will give confidential and personal information about myself. I have to accept that the Government can demand certain facts such as Income etc , and that others such as Doctors etc may need to know sensitive matters, and an Employer has the Legal right to know my home address, phone number and perhaps some medical details and although I do NOT have one, if I had a Criminal record, but that is it. As far as the rest are concerned, it's none of your bloody business!

I cannot see that any benefit would have resulted for me or to members of my immediate family from knowing about my CD activities, the exact opposite would have been the case particularly regarding my father who was of a generation which simply could not comprehend such matters. I remember as a teenager when he saw Danny la Rue (a well know British "Drag Queen" now retired) on the television. My father's response before he got up to change the channel -no remote control in those days - was "F***ing Poof!" (as far as I am aware Danny La Rue was straight) . I realised that if he ever found out about my Cross-Dressing I would get a similar and very unsympathetic reaction and at that time I thought what he would think if he could see though the thin material of my grey school trousers to the pair of my sister's navy blue school knickers I was wearing at the time!

I never even dreamt of disclosing my secret life to anyone in my family. Years later my ex-wife knew of course and was quite relaxed about it as do a few very close friends but only after I was sure that they would not react in an unfavourable manner , and I am glad to say that they never have.

So my advice to anyone who feels like disclosing being a CD or TV to their family is to think long and hard about it and if in doubt to leave it out. This is especially the case if you are still living at home as life could then become unbearable. If you are adult you might need to find another place to live, if still a minor you would be stuck in a hostile environment.

Tina Dixon
12-04-2005, 02:23 PM
No one i know knows about my crossdressing, it is kind of sad is it not:crying:

Teddie
12-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Both of my parents are gone, so I can't ask them. But, I think my mom did. She had a talk with me once about my cousin, that "also like women's things." She never told me not to do it. I'm not sure about my dad. If he did, he never said anything.

Nastasha
12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Mine knows, as do 2 of my sisters and an ex gf.

A friend of hers told her I had raided her drawer when I was over at their house, and she caught me wearing a pair of flowery briefs .. no way to hide it.

Long uncomfortable talk followed.

But, I still wear panties :)

Ashley Allison
12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
My parents know but they actively discourage it. They just came to visit me in my apartment and despite trying to put all of my femme things away, I forgot to put away the Veet bladeless razor that is still sitting the bathroom. I'm sure both my mom and dad saw it because they both went into the restroom.

Lisa Marie
12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Nope I would never tell my mom about my dressing cause she would never except it. :(

Stephanie
12-04-2005, 11:22 PM
My parents don't know, although I've always wondered if my mom has suspected me of being a bit......different. I used to wear faux "nightgowns" to bed when I was a little kid (by wearing a large t-shirt over my underwear and my parents never objected to it. I also got my mom to buy me some toy jewelry at a fair one year when I was a little kid and she didn't have a problem with that either. If she did know, I don't think she cared much. She always told me that she really wanted to have a girl (but ended up with my brother and I). I don't know if THAT influenced my crossdressing/transgender interests but......who knows? I'll leave that one to a psychologist. In regards to my Dad, he doesn't know and I'm content to leave it that way. I don't think he'd ever disown me or come down too hard on me about it but all the same I have no real desire for him to know about my crossdressing, especially since I generally keep my crossdressing on a "need to know" basis and he doesn't "need to know" about it. I've worn womens jeans and my flashy St. John's Bay turtlenecks in front of him and he seemed completely oblivious to my attire, so.........?

Angela Burke
12-04-2005, 11:34 PM
My mother knew right from the start she was fine about it in a bemused way.
I never wore any of her clothes as I've got older sisters who were fine with me borrowing dresses, skirts etc.
The only thing she wouldn't tolerate was me wearing my sisters underwear so I always had my own panties, (no complaints from me!).
My father must have known as I was always tripping about in a dress and panties.
I can't remember him making any comment about it, I think he may have just chosen to completely ignore it.

Love Angela XX

Sarahgurl371
12-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Both my parents know, My wife knows, my Mother in law knows, My parents say they are fine with it. My Mother In Law thinks I am too good a person for something like that, and my wife and I about divorced this week. I guess i have gotten just about every response you could get form these 4 people. I am sure glad my parents know and are OK with it, they do mean so much to me, as for my Mother In Law, oh well. As for my wife, we are still working on it.

Nicole Lee
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
My mom surely knows, and I think my dad knows too. I've had the experience of having my clothes at the top of the clothing piles on my bed after my mom does the laundry. But mostly, it was my recklessness of leaving my clothes under my bed where my mom can find them when she cleans my room. She asked me a few times about where I got the clothes (stole from my cousins/aunts), and she told me that she has no problem with me having girls/womens clothes .. just, I'm not allowed to steal from other people. Which I understand, of course.

So now, I buy my own clothes, and my parents never say anything. :) Plus, they don't clean my room anymore because they expect an 18-year-old should know how to clean his own room now .. even though I DON'T. ;)

Kierci
12-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Amber thats awsome in my book must be loads of fun around there

farawaysarah
12-06-2005, 03:34 AM
When I was still in high school I wore my mother's panties frequently. I remember one time I threw them in with the wash with the rest of my "boy" clothes. The space-case that I am, I forgot to put them in the dryer. My father ran the next load of laundery and sure enough, between my pants and t-shirts was the pair of panties folded neatly as if they were my own. I was terribly embarrassed, and I burn at the thought of it to this day. He never said anything so maybe he didnt care? More than likely he was just too embarrassed though.

But really, both of my parents have to know after all these years. I really admire all of you who have come out to your parents. However, I feel that I have a right to privacy, especially now that I live far away and no longer have the need to borrow my mom's underclothes or dresses. So thats where I am, hidden behind the veil of privacy and distance.

cathy b
12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
a big NO:mad:

Katie Ashe
12-06-2005, 08:59 AM
My mom was always self consumed when I was a kid. She knew something was up. But never talked to me about sex, girls, or anything else. Skipping a long story, I told both my parents this year I was Transgendered. My dad was proud and respectful, My mom said I knew something was going on. I told her I have been living in angwish most of my life, for I had no one to trust or talk too. She didn't comment. Now I buy my Avon stuff through her.

Had they talked to me about things, I might nave avoided being sexuualy assualted at age 5-6. I realize raiseing kids is hard, I have 2.

Sorry if it got off topic.

Sarah Smile
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Amber thats awsome in my book must be loads of fun around there

Well, in a sense it is and in another sense not. I mean, come on... he's a guy! :p ;) (And what I mean by that, lest you go overboard, is that I don't have much in common with guys in general... the guys that want to be guys anyway, lol!)

Imogen_Mann
12-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Mine.... Do know, but it's never EVER spoken about. My sister knows too, and therefore a few million of her friends and without doubt my brother in law (my boss) knows too, but theyre all to uptight to talk about anything that might be sex related, and I know if I were to come out to them, and tell them what they all already know... It'd be my fault :rolleyes:

Who else knows ? my ex, obviously, and her parents (who read personal letters from me to her and banned me from thier house LONG STORY). Also her 17 Yr old sister knows.... It's only my ex and her sister that ever mention it. My ex.. Barb' is really cool, and just chats like it's any other subject, her sister just makes referance to it in the odd joke but is cool with it. I cant fgure out if Barb's told her new bofriend though ?

Karenscott
12-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I figure my parents have got to know by now. As a teen, mom was always finding my sisters bras and panties in my dresser drawers. Nothing much said. Now as an adult, i keep my body shaved smooth, and my eyebrows plucked and shaped all the time. A couple weeks ago my mom asked about the womens clothes in my closet. ( Imagine her snooping in MY house this time!) I told her they were my clothes, but she didnt say anything more. Good thing she didnt look in my dresser drawers and find all my bras and panties , and all the rest of my girl clothes. -or maybe she did..... They just havent spoken of it since that day.

VeronicaMoonlit
12-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Yes, they know (and my sister too) I told them about 12 years ago.

We don't talk about it much, but they're "mostly accepting" We probably should have a serious heart to heart about my "issues and drama" sometime.

Veronica

Jocelyn Renee
12-08-2005, 01:03 PM
My father hasn't been part of my life since I was 5 years old and my mother passed away in my mid 20s. Although we never discussed it, I'm pretty sure she knew. My wife recently showed some of my pics to her parents (with my permission) and they loved them. My wife's mother and sister both work with us, so every now and again I get to enjoy a little good natured ribbing. That's OK though; they're all jealous of my nails...LOL

Lissa Stevens
12-15-2005, 05:40 PM
My parents found out when I was 18. It caused a great big fight. Of course they assumed I was gay. For awhile we did not talk a lot. It was kinda swept under the rug and not discussed after that. When my dad died we had repaired the relationship but we still did not talk about it. I don't know what my mother thinks, if she wonders if I still dress. I know she loves me but does not understand or approve so we leave it alone.

erica12b
12-15-2005, 06:01 PM
my parent will never know i respect them too much ,, my mother is still having a hard time with the fact i got a divorce (not her son) she lives in her 50's world of perfection. and my father is one of those guys that nothing fazes, but i know it would brake his hart( he would hold it all in and then just die) my sister would freak so bad she would just go off the deep end .. ( that why i dont plan on coming out of this closet ever. ( imight take a trip out and around the room but back i will go) im dont really care if my sis freaked but i just could not hurt my parents (i would give up cding ) if i had to so it would not hurt them ) i would curl up and die but i would try for them

HaleyPink2000
12-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Nope!

Dad's gone and Mom
would like go crazy
if she knew.

Haley:)

heathr1
12-18-2005, 09:21 PM
may know.

Dad, no.

Emily Howard
12-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I think my parents know. I used to always lock my bedroom door after sneaking into their room and stealing a silk bra to wear. Then they would be knocking at the door and I'd be rushing to take it off while they were demanding that I open it. I'm sure they knew too that I used to wear one in the bath when I was a teenager. They never said anything about it though.

Billie Renee
12-18-2005, 10:06 PM
My mom knew because she gave me my sisters hand me downs as I was growing up. My father on the other hand does not but he wasn't around when i was growing up as he is not now so I don't hardly talk to him as it is. So I see no reson for telling him

ReginaK
12-19-2005, 04:20 AM
No one really knows except me and the walls.

But my mom has her fleeting suspicions. I remember once she asked me if I felt like a girl trapped in a boys body (thanks Oprah :p ). So she knows I am different. She just doesn't know how i'm different.

KarenNY
12-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I am an only child raised by a single mom after my father split, so I never really knew him. My mother and I were very close though, and she was very supportive and accepting of my crossdressing. She knew all about my "hobby" from the time I was about 13 and bought me my own girls clothing to keep me out of hers, keep me from going outside the home to dress and possibly expose myself to harm, and keep my self-esteem from completely crumbling.
Starting when I was 7 or 8, I started sneaking into mom's clothes and trying them on. As I was a latchkey kid, I had ample opportunity to try her clothes on from say fourth to seventh grade.
My mother found out that I was trying her stuff on when I was in seventh grade, say 12 going on 13, and had probably suspected for some time before that. She almost caught me red-handed in one of her nice skirt suits and ruffled blouses for work. I had left her clothes on her closet floor because I did not have time to hang them up before rushing to my room to change back into boy clothes. I had hoped to be able to hang them back up while she started dinner, but no such luck. She found her clothes and came to my room to inquire about why they were not hanging up. As I was the only other person in the house, obviously I had to be the culprit.
However, instead of being upset with me, my mother seemed only concerned and asked me all the usual questions about why I liked trying on her clothes (not sure, but I liked the way they felt), and if I wanted to be a girl for real (no), etc. She had apparently done her research on the topic and knew it would be difficult or impossible for me to stop.
I'm convinced of a couple of things regarding my mother: First, I was a short, small, smart, nerdy kid who had enough problems dealing with all the crap at school (I got picked on regularly), but she knew I was a really good kid who needed a self-esteem boost. Second, I think she missed having a daughter, as she had two miscarriages after I was born and had been clinically depressed for years. So upon discovering my love and enjoyment of crossdressing, my mother decided it would be okay for me to continue dressing up, provided I kept it inside the house, I stayed out of her clothes unless I had permission, and that I dress properly like a young lady and not some sort of cartoonish version of a girl.
So she proceeded to supply me with my own feminine wardrobe -- well, a few blouse-and-skirt or sweater-and-skirt outfits and dresses to begin with, plus lingerie and hosiery, so I would stay out of her stuff, and heels, padding, jewelry and a shoulder-length wig. As it was the early and mid 1980s, most of my girl clothes had ruffles or lace and puffed shoulders and fuller below-knee length skirts. I could have been a walking ad for Gunne Sax and Laura Ashley. I did love those Victorian style blouses and the floral print dresses that made you look like a bridesmaid! :)
Mother also taught me the fundamentals of being a young lady -- how to act, walk, talk, sit, everything like a girl. One of mom's rules was that if I was dressed en femme, I had to act like I was 100 percent female -- no going part-way with the dressing, etc. We kept a strict dividing line between my boy and girl selves, and mom would treat me that way, like a daughter if I was dressed, like a son when I was not.
Dressing up became a reward for having homework and chores done -- though some chores I did en femme, like the laundry, ironing, making beds. Punishment was not being allowed to dress up. My mother gave me the name Karen Marie because that's what my name was to be if I had been born female.
I was able to dress quite often during my teen years -- I went from dressing a couple times a week to dressing a few days a week, and spending some weekends and school vacations almost entirely en femme. My hair grew out to shoulder length -- kept in a ponytail or "metal" hair in boy mode. By the time I was 15, my mother was taking me out occasionally en femme for shopping and dinner, so I had some "girl" experiences that way. Mom and I enjoyed "mother-daughter" times like doing our nails, mom helping me dress in a formal gown, etc. We had a very small circle of GG friends who knew about my little "hobby", including mom's hairdresser Donna, who would do transformations on me and rather doted on Karen. They would even gently tease me about boys, basically engaging me in conversation as though I was a real female, which always did make me smile.
Of course I lived in constant fear of exposure, which wasn't too much fun. As a typical self-conscious teenager who thought the eyes of the world were upon him, I was afraid everyone would see through my "male disguise" and figure out that I was a CDer. But only a couple of my closest friends knew about Karen and met her -- a couple of GG friends who let me hang out with them as "one of the girls", and my best male friend who met Karen and became quite fascinated with her (very long story).
By the time I hit college though, I started getting away from CDing quite as often. I had discovered GGs anyway and was chicken about letting them in on my "secret". I also began a career as a published journalist at the age of 20, and that sort of took over my life as I began working for my hometown newspaper, and eventually for bigger and better publications. It became increasingly difficult to spend time as Karen, and I went through an awful purge that I still regret very much to this day! :(
Off on my own after college, I did continue dressing sometimes, but I also met my wife and while at first she was sort of okay with my dressing -- I did tell her months before we got married, and she knows some of my past and has seen some of my pics -- she is now rather intolerant (we also have two small children now), and I have been relegated to the closet... :(
As for my mother, we never brought up my crossdressing after college... I think she may think that I stopped dressing, but I'm not sure about that. She has never dropped any hints about my dressing, even in private, and I'm not sure how she would react to learning that I still dress occasionally when no one's around, and that I still yearn for the days of my youth. Since she is in ill health, I fear what it might do to her, so I remain silent on the subject.

So that's my story of dressing and my mother's acceptance and support...

Karen :)

LisaMariaCD
12-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Hello,

New member here, and this is my first post....guess I can use this as my first "coming out"...

My mother knows.

I used to sneak her underwear into my bedroom and sleep wearing her bras under my pajamas. I used to keep one in particular under my mattress.

Of course, mom made my bed one day and found it! She pretty much yelled at me, wanted to know why I was stealing her underwear, did I want a sister, I don't understand, all the things I now know came from a parent not prepared for her son to be a crossdresser.

I continued to take that same bra - it was my favorite and must have been hers to and she knew just where to look when it was missing.

A few years ago I opened up to her, told her all about my dressing, that it hasn't gone away (does it ever) and I now buy my own clothes.

I was relieved to find she is very accepting of my dressing, and I think is relieved that I was able to approach her about it. I feel it has made our relationship more complete. For me, the best thing I've ever done is tell my mother.

I don't think my father knows, but he may suspect, especially if he's ever read moms email!

(I chose the name Lisa for my self. I asked mom what she would have named me had I been a girl. She liked the name Maria, from the character in West Side Story, which was out around the time I was born...)

rachelusissy
12-19-2005, 12:15 PM
my mum to found my girly clothes rolled up in the back of my cupboard she returned them washed ironed and on hangers,never a word was said about it.

Darlena
12-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll never forget the time when I was 17 and I had just purchased a four pack of various colored panties in a clear package. I went through an elaborate ruse to conceal them. And you know how snoopy moms are. And of course the rest is family history. I suppose you could say that I outted myself through carelessness. But now I don't care who knows. It's just not considered polite in my family to discuss a girls dainty things. Love+ kisses,

susan howard
12-19-2005, 12:48 PM
love your look darling. please reply and we can chat. i've been dressing for many years and just love being a girl.