PDA

View Full Version : Shop when you can't CD

Dana L
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Just before Christmas my kids arived home from college. Great to see them but, dressing must be put on hold. Still wear panties(because I don't own any men's undies) but everthing else must stay in the closet. My wife noticed how stressed I've been getting so she sugested shopping. This has acctually worked. So far I've bought 4 new outfits and 2 new pairs of shoes. Although now it's like having a new car but I can't take it out of the garage. Love the kids being here but I'll be glad to get back to our normal routine.

kimdl93
12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Your wife is very wise!

~Joanne~
12-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Like you said, while shopping can help relieve some of the stress, it's like having a new car you can't drive, it's good for a bit but then you want to wear what you bought and still can't. I still enjoy it though :) even though I don't really have the "can't wear" part, I understand where you are coming from. It's almost over though ;)

bridget thronton
01-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Shopping can be good esp if there is no time to dress

Keri L
01-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I just have to add that shopping around Christmas is a blast!

I went to TJ Max in dude mode but browsed the female clothes for an hour and a half with no reservations that people were on to me. Then, I actually went to the dressing rooms twice to try on most of it, and was a little alarmed when I had to be checked in by an attendant.

But, the excitement was part of the reward. I had a pair of leopard print panties on and a sports bra, and I could just imagine the look of their security/loss prevention folks watching me try on the blouses and skirts!

Can't wait to add to the wardrobe!

Happy New Year's, girls!

Kisses,
Cate

Beverley Sims
01-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Shopping and then not being able to try on raises the stress level somewhat.

JulieMcKie
01-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Shopping is a great way to deal with stress when you can't dress. Any time I get "no dress stress" I head out to the mall.

Sometimes just shopping at your favourite store with your favourite SA's can help get through the stress, and the best part is you get new outfits!

Raychel
01-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Shopping is a great way to deal with stress, Takes your mind off everything.
And it is always nice to have something new in the closet for next time.

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Shopping is good for the soul even if you don't buy anything!

Andinera
01-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I went out to visit my family for Christmas. I too couldn't dress for 5 days. OMG it was bad. I spent more money shopping for myself during that period than I did or anyone else's presents. Fortunately I was still able to sleep in something comfortable without being caught. Although the entire time I was on the verge of spilling my secret to ease the stress. Though they're really the only reason it is a secret because they're the only ones I don't want to judge me.

JBPerry
01-01-2013, 11:22 AM
yea when i go shopping out in town its no big deal, but when i go to the PX on base, whenever we go shopping for my clothes we either make up the excuse that we are shopping for our niece or my sister in law. When we get to the clothes and I see something I like I will ask my wife if it works for "her". Same thing when people on base are selling clothes...I have to tell them either its for my wife and she cant come try on (because they always offer it unfortunately she is a 3X or larger so cant really have her try) or that its for my sister in law......sorry for the long rant per se

Stephanie47
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
I know your pain. Although winter break has the wife at home (DADT) I've been able to do some on line shopping. Tomorrow, winter break is over. One of my chores is taking the tree down, packing Christmas away. All the time I will be doing it en femme in a newly acquired Merona beige sweater dress and a new pair of brown heels from Payless.

You're fortunate that you have a very understanding wife. You have absolutely no need to spend $$$$ on a therapist.

Eryn
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't dress unless I am going out, but I do understand the disruption that the holidays cause. Having GGs around enjoying their pretty holiday clothes compounds the issue.

Still, having my wonderful daughters home more than makes up for this. They know about Eryn, but it is a bit too early for them to see me dressed.

Diversity
01-02-2013, 02:26 AM
I find the shopping experience a lot of fun! When I find myself getting edgy because I can't CD, I make the time to shop or get on this forum. It helps me to get back to 'normal'.
Di

Jenniferathome
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately, shopping is a mild sedative for cross dressing. Whenever I find myself doing too much shopping online, I know I need to dress. I still buy things, but I also dress.

DesireeFl
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, shopping is a mild sedative for cross dressing. Whenever I find myself doing too much shopping online, I know I need to dress. I still buy things, but I also dress.

Agree...I spend way to much money shopping when I havent dressed in awhile.