PDA

View Full Version : i would happily say goodbye to 2012

chrismy
12-31-2012, 11:20 PM
i would happily say goodbye to 2012 but the thing is i dont see 2013 being improved. i have strived my entire life to be better, to provide for my family, probably being more successful on the bill paying side than the more important emotional side ... maybe im just not able to do that side right. we have had more personal and family upheaval and change than a lot years combined than in 2012. serious legal issues for some members. others moving away.... my much beloved mother in law of 3 decades succumbed to a long illness that during which i am proud to say i was one of primary caregivers, my advantage for the hours it gave us together. a lot of folks in this family missed a once in a lifetime opportunity that is gone forever to them now. if i could make her laugh @ 4AM on a cold miserable winter morning enroute to a painful hours long physically & emotionally draining procedure that she had been enduring for years ..... wow. it felt so good. my wife made me look like a slacker..... she was truely incredible. and i then had the thoughtfullness and foresite to expose my real self after almost 30 years.... real genius displayed here..further ruining her life.... our relationship just keeps going downhill. not angling for hopeful thoughts here, but thanks ... cause i know they are out there. )) i just needed to let it out. i hope 2013 can show everyone here a bit more peace and happiness than 2012 did even if you had a great year and kudos to you if that was the year that was. )

GaleWarning
01-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I agree that 2012 was a pretty rough year for too many people, chris. Sorry to hear that your year was especially rough!!!

Yet, I have a really good feeling about 2013. I believe it will bring a lot more prosperity to the world, and along with it, more peace and happiness.

My wish for you is that you will experience a wonderful 2013.

Beverley Sims
01-01-2013, 01:53 AM
June 2013.
Chicago news item.
After having fallen over the fiscal cliff a little therapeutic exercise for those interested was to try cross dressing as it had a big following now.

In my dreams. (Smiley excluded.)

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 08:17 AM
No matter how bad things get you can be sure that they will get better eventually. If we didn't have down times we wouldn't recognize the good ones. Sometimes we just need to get through and be patient.

stephNE
01-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi Chrismy, Happy new year, Since you are well focused on the various elements in your life, I know that you will make good decisions to make the next year great and happy for you and your wife. Good luck and all my very best wishes for a great and happy 2013. Steph.

Annette Anderson
01-01-2013, 08:44 AM
i would happily say goodbye to 2012 but the thing is i dont see 2013 being improved.

Looking at the predictions and the numbers for global warming and the economy were depressing for me,some say we are on a road to oblivion.Every new year.I would have a great outlook for the coming year.........except this one,I am trying very hard though.

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes things seem to be going downhill all around us but....you have to be damned before you'll be blessed. We will get through these hard times.

kimdl93
01-01-2013, 09:07 AM
It's a new year, and you can leave some of 2012s hardships behind. 2013 will have it's challenges, of course. But you learned some things about yourself and your wife in the past year. I hope the knowledge and experience can be put to good use in 2013.

Sarah L
01-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Some things you just can't control. Make things better when you can and hold on through the worst of it. It seems like 2012 was a bad year for everyone, so most of us are in the same boat. Keep bailing out water until the rescue ship comes. At least it will give you something to do while your feet get wet!