PDA

View Full Version : 2012 for me ...looking back

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 08:40 AM
So 2013 is here and as I look at the last year I see such a total change in my life that I wouldn't have dreamed of this time last year. It makes me wonder what is ahead for me.
This time last year I was married, living with my soon to be ex and her son (who wouldn't even go looking for a job) and a very closeted crossdresser. Now I had been dressing (mostly in the underclothes) since I was about 4 or so, and had never actually dressed all the way from head to toe. But I always knew I wanted to be a girl. I am attracted to women and I have succesfully kept this a secret from all for all these years. The marriage was failing for sure but not because of my dressing because that was never known but to myself.
During the year the step son went back to live with his father, and eventually in early July my wife decided to move out and live on her own. No fighting, no hard feelings and in fact we are still very friendly. We just had no love or any intimacy left.
Almost the same week she moved out I purchased some clothes. I usually did this only when out of town and staying in hotels and then threw then all out before returning home. But for the first time in my life I was living alone and didn't have to let the clothes go. I found a wig my ex left behind and didn't want. I tried it on and thats when I decided to try to dress all the way. I went out and bought an entire outfit, even shoes. I got some makeup and for the first time in my life I dressed all the way with makeup, wig, shoes the works.
When I was done up all the way I stared at the mirror and for the first time in my life I knew I couldn't deny that I am a transexual. I finally saw a woman looking back and my life changed in that moment. It hit me hard too.The realization of what I am could not be denied or ignored ever again.
Since that day I have done so much. I have lost over 85 lbs, I have learned a lot about makeup, body shaping and aquired a lot of clothes. I have joined two TG groups in my area and have actually gone out in public several times.
This has progressed a lot over the last 6 months. Sometimes I even think too fast. Since I live alone I dress every day unless I have to go to work or somewhere else I don't wish to be seen as a woman. and every day I lean more and more towards living as a woman completely. Just last night I had a dream I was out in public with my Mother and dressed as a woman. She does not know and I really cannot imagine telling her but I guess in my subconcious I am leaning in that direction.
So I have to wonder what the next year or two have in store for me. I feel like I was born again last July and I am living a completely new life.

kimdl93
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM
What a remarkable story. I know it seems fast, but I suppose it's a bit like when a paleontologist discovers the outlines of a long buried fossil. What has been hidden for so long is quickly revealed!

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Yes the quickness is a bit startling, but in truth I am happier now than I have ever remembered being ever before. Even though it looks like the world is crumbling all around me.

kimdl93
01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Maybe it's that creative destruction your witnessing....tearing down the remnants of a world that didn't work for you, so you can build one that does!

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Yes I think so Kim. It is just that there are some parts of that old life I just do not want to lose, like my Mother, and my kids and my job. I am working hard to find a solution that will be the best of both I guess.

STACY B
01-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Sure is strange how with someone just being alone or just being left alone can change it all ? We were in our own self made Jail cells .
Strange HUH ? We all knew from an early age but built a cell for ourselves .

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't know Stacy....a jail or a well protected fort?

kimdl93
01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes I think so Kim. It is just that there are some parts of that old life I just do not want to lose, like my Mother, and my kids and my job. I am working hard to find a solution that will be the best of both I guess.

I understand. The messy part is finding a way to integrate different parts of your life, which is,particularly challenging when you are confronting the long held prejudices of others. Educating others is a slow and uncertain process. I hope you can find a balance that allows you full expression of yourself while keeping the job and essential relationships intact. Best of luck!

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Oh have no doubt on that Kim. I will find a way. I may come out to some of them and I may never do that, either way I will find the right place for me. As I look back I realize there are more days behind me than in front of me and there is less time to waste. My life is so very different now than it was only a year ago, and it makes me wonder what lies ahead. I know it will be different than anything I ever expected.

bridget thronton
01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I am happy for you (the weight is impressive and gives me some hope for myself)

Laura912
01-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Best wishes for safe travels on the rest of your exciting journey!

Angela Campbell
01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you Laura and Bridget. It is easier when there are others going through the same thing.

Beverley Sims
01-02-2013, 04:51 AM
I hope your new life progresses well in 2013.
Sometimes there are regrets and sadness when moving on.

bobbimo
01-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Happy New Year,
And it sounds like you will be having a happy one for sure! Or at least the possibilities are endless.
I am always amazed at life, and how one disaster actually turns into a blessing.
There is certainly some funny angels watching out for us poor dumb humans that think we know it all.

Like my favorite saying goes " Aint nothing gonna happen that aint supposed to!"
Bobbi

Angela Campbell
01-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't know about that Bobbi, I was born a male and wasn't supposed to. Or maybe I was supposed to learn something from this strange life I have? Who knows.

bobbimo
01-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Thats exactly right,
If you were born female all of this would have not existed. You would would have been a plain old ordinary woman and would have missed the amazing feeling of turning the boy to the girl.
Not to mention you bypassed periods, menopause, and child birth.
Smile its a new day
Bobbi

Angela Campbell
01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes I missed periods, menopause and childbirth. Instead I got ridicule, prostate troubles, and childsupport payments. Not to mention being beat up often by the boys for being a sissy. Bit in truth there really is something extraordinary in turning from a boy to a girl. I get to experience both a little. How many people get to see what it is like to be both? What wonders lie ahead we will have to see.