PDA

View Full Version : Robbin's New Year's Resolution

Robbin_Sinclair
01-01-2013, 04:05 PM
In the short time that I have been on this site, I have had something incredibly important to say in excess of fifty times. Fifty plus postings.

I looked at all of my posts and asked myself, do you really want to read all of these wordy, sophomoric, often meaningless posts? In unison, both Robbin and her keeper replied with a resounding "no." One went on to say, absolutely no.

My resolution for this year is to shut up. Read and learn. Be as good as I can be, dress in nice clothing, keep my dignity and shut the f up.

Somewhere in the back of my mind is Ernie K. Doe is singing You Talk Too Much, you worry me to death. You talk too much, you even worry my pet. You just tah ah ahk too much. And write too much, too. Have fun girls. Be assured, I'm looking in.

chis, xxx, robbin

Stephanie Miller
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure being quiet is all that much a good thing. With that said I also think it's true one can speak too much. ( Me, a case in point :D )
But to voice a thought, opinion or concern is only inviting someone else to post a differing opinion or add a base of knowledge. Opinion or knowledge you may not have thought of or had, and may help you and/or others.

Stephanie47
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
This site is somewhat like every day living. Some threads are really inconsequential to daily life. I kind of like the threads concerning "What are you wearing right now?" or meaningless questions concerning whether one wears thigh high stockings or pantihose. It reminds me of the conversations I've heard over the decades my wife has had with her female friends. Then, there are the serious threads concerning real life drama for the poster; divorce, the kids finding out, etc. Is it no different than hearing those issues or similar issues in my own living room? No.

This is the only site I post threads to. This is the only site I read. I do not Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Text Message. Heck, I do not even have a cell phone. I find all those an intrusion upon my time.

So, why this site? Duh, how many people in my everyday life want to hear about the new lacy slip or pair of high heels I just bought?

I was an unregistered guest on this site for many years. Somewhere in excess of 2,000 times I've had something totally meaningless to say or sometimes something profound. That resembles real life.

Marleena
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM
This is the only site I post threads to. This is the only site I read. I do not Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Text Message. Heck, I do not even have a cell phone. I find all those an intrusion upon my time.

So, why this site? Duh, how many people in my everyday life want to hear about the new lacy slip or pair of high heels I just bought?

Somewhere in excess of 2,000 times I've had something totally meaningless to say or sometimes something profound. That resembles real life.

Good post. I only post here, no Twitter, FB, cellphone etc. either.

If all of us make this resolution it will be awful quiet in here.:)

Jaymees22
01-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi, I only post here too. I'm a man of few words and I find I'm a woman of few words too. I try to post short and hopefully funny comments...Hugs Jaymee

Karren H
01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Funny but I was talking with a coworker last week at work it'd become apparent that quiet people don't go far in our company.... obviously me not being a quiet person here or anywhere..... quiet for me was just not fun.... or rewarding personally....

RADER
01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Funny but I was talking with a coworker last week at work it'd become apparent that quiet people don't go far in our company.... obviously me not being a quiet person here or anywhere..... quiet for me was just not fun.... or rewarding personally....

Karren, I am with you on that point; Now I only have 4,300 some post to your almost 21,000.
So my new years resolution is to be as good as you are, or at least as close as i can.
Happy New Year.
Rader

Marguarite
01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Robbin, Edit yourself if you feel you must, but we all learn something when one of us shares. We would miss you, your thoughts and your experiences.

stephNE
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Robbin, Please don't ever feel like you don't have anything of importance to say. One of the things I like best about this site is all the different people expressing how they feel and how they think about their lives. Of course the reader will decide if she wants to read it or not. But if we were all quiet, we would miss everyones opinions. I hope you have a very happy new year. Steph!

Edyta_C
01-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Robbin,
There are plenty of times that others have said it all. In that case, you can either be quite or summarize other remarks. So please don't hold back if you have something to say that's new and different.
Edy

docrobbysherry
01-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Actually, I'm a rather quiet person when u meet me.

57 posts? I can do that many in a few days!

If there is a Hell, when I get there the worst thing they could do to me is make me read ALL my posts from here! Ahhhgh!

Beverley Sims
01-02-2013, 03:39 AM
I like to be a quiet person and I promise not to post smileys anymore.
I do need a substitute though. (Smiley withheld)
I do agree with your resolution Robin, this part in particular.
Read and learn. Be as good as I can be, dress in nice clothing, keep my dignity.

YorkshireRose
01-02-2013, 03:57 AM

This is an excellent point by Stephanie, its wonderful to be able to discuss deep and emotive issues to more minor things like the above. I can't see any of my friends being even remotely interested in is discussing, heels, make up or the new dress or skirt i just bought and its good to have that outlet, rather than just reading everyone else post.

Robbin_Sinclair
01-02-2013, 06:18 AM
OMG, I almost have tears in my eyes. I do. Thank you girls. I fret and feel like such a (using a really silly term) ninny, sometimes. Your replies made me feel so good. Thank you.

As far as that resolution is concerned, heck, that was last year. 2013 is MY new year. The resolution has vanished, just like the January 1st tax increases that disappeared this morning.

xxxxxxxrobbin