PDA

View Full Version : What is the minimum you need to do to pass/blend when time is limited?

Michelle (Oz)
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
There are many more experienced than I on this site so I'd welcome your thoughts.

Usually when I have all day it takes me about 2 hours to get ready doing the full monty shaving, make up, etc. With my wife on holidays, I have only a few hours in the morning that I can go out dressed. My exercise time.

For those who go out dressed and don't have time to do the full transformation, what is the minimum that you do if you still want to blend? Assume that I can wear sun glasses.

Suggestions appreciated.

Michelle (Oz)

rocketscientist
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Well, for me, absolutely minimum would be a arm, upper chest and close face shave. As far as makeup goes it would be a full job, including eyeshadow, mascara, and of course eyeliner. When going out it's a matter of confidence in order to blend. I would not feel comfortable knowing I didn't do the best I could with my makeup. I've become pretty proficient at this anymore so it doesn't take me nearly as long as it used to. Hugs,Tonya

Persephone
01-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi Michelle,

Happy Ne Year!

I would think that there is a lot of variance between individuals on what constitutes their minimum prep, so I'm afraid that there is not a single "one size fits all" approach.

For example, I'm a member of the "always ready club." I have long hair, have been through facial laser and some electrolysis (need more), always have long manicured acrylic nails, eyebrows always plucked, arms and armpits always shaved, that sort of thing. So a routine full pass/blend is about 35 minutes -- closely shave face, apply makeup, dress, put on jewelry, do hair, out the door.

But I can pull a "quick and dirty" casual pass in under a minute! Pull off pony tail holder, fluff hair, apply a bit of lipstick, shift purse to block notice of small boobs and I'm good to go. Can even do it while walking towards the fitting room of a store. Seriously! There are members of this forum that have seen me do this passable change on the fly with borrowed lipstick.

Biggest problem is clawing the way back to man mode!

Depends on your potential passability to begin with, followed by how "always ready" you are, and your knowledge of how to highlight your femme positives and cancel out your male negatives. But the single biggest thing is your confidence -- in that one minute walk towards the dressing rooms or into the restaurant or wherever I'm heading I have to be Barbara (believe it or not, Persephone is not my real name), shifting both my manerisms and my mind.

Your individual milage may vary, but step one is believe in yourself.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
01-02-2013, 01:04 AM
For me I can be ready in an hour if I have to. Otherwise, my preparation tends to expand to fill the allotted time.

At a minimum I have to shave (much quicker now after some laser and electrolysis) and apply makeup before clothes and wig. My fingers are normally polished in clear so I can get away with them if I have to but I prefer to add a color coat to help my presentation. Nothing says "girl" like a nice manicure!

...But I can pull a "quick and dirty" casual pass in under a minute! Pull off pony tail holder, fluff hair, apply a bit of lipstick, shift purse to block notice of small boobs and I'm good to go. Can even do it while walking towards the fitting room of a store. Seriously! There are members of this forum that have seen me do this passable change on the fly with borrowed lipstick....

I have witnessed this! I wish I could pull it off myself! Of course, having her own pretty long red hair and acrylic nails gives her a bit of a head start! :)

Beverley Sims
01-02-2013, 02:59 AM
A close shave, wig, minimum makeup, bra, high necked top, pants/skirt, stockings and low heeled shoes.
Don't forget the inserts for the bra, if required. (smiley withheld.)

Angela Campbell
01-02-2013, 07:13 AM
It used to take me at least 2 hours to get ready. Now I can maybe look ok in about 30 min to an hour. A good shave, foundation, eye shadow, liner, mascara and blush, get the clothes on, wig, jewelry, shoes.......if I can I like to do my nails too. If I want to blend I must pay attention to the details.

Sara Jessica
01-02-2013, 08:02 AM
For example, I'm a member of the "always ready club." I have long hair, have been through facial laser and some electrolysis (need more)...So a routine full pass/blend is about 35 minutes -- closely shave face, apply makeup, dress, put on jewelry, do hair, out the door.

I'm in this club as well with the caveat that until electrolysis catches up with my personal demand to have nothing but smooth facial skin when going out, I have to account for the tweezing of the fur that remains on my face. Assuming that is done, I can get going in a matter of minutes if I have to. Having smooth skin and long hair helps tremendously.

...my preparation tends to expand to fill the allotted time.

My gosh this couldn't be more true! Ask anyone who has witnessed my getting ready in Vegas. I use up every minute available, and then some. But most of the reason is because I'm enjoying being in the moment, actually able to relax while getting ready to go out. The problem is that I often relax too much.

sometimes_miss
01-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I usually pray for a solar eclipse and a widespread power outage. Then climb down into an unlit subway station and keep my mouth shut. Yeah, that should do it.

Maria S
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I can be ready in just over an hour including nail polish. I just think like a biological woman getting ready who has to do it every day to go out. Sounds daft but it makes you look good for less time used.

Maria

Jenniferathome
01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I can get my face ready in 20 minutes now. For me the minimum would be: shave, beard cover, foundation, mascara and lipstick, wig, earrings, forms and some casual outfit. When I think about it, earrings are critical. I never see a woman without them.

Basically, practice and you can get to 20 minutes

Angela Campbell
01-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I can get my face ready in 20 minutes now. For me the minimum would be: shave, beard cover, foundation, mascara and lipstick, wig, earrings, forms and some casual outfit. When I think about it, earrings are critical. I never see a woman without them.

Isn't it funny, after the eyes I think the earrings are the most important in making the face look right.

kimdl93
01-02-2013, 10:16 AM
The kicker is pass/blend. I'm not entirely sure that's a realistic goal for me. Maybe blending, but certainly not passing. Since I dress every day, I've become fairly proficient at getting made up. It takes me no more than 1/2 hour (after showering) to get my make up on. Then its a matter of foundation garments, and whatever outfit I've chosen. So, maybe an hour at the very most! And that's whether I'm getting ready for a day of work or getting ready to go out on the town.

Debra Russell
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Yes likewise ...about 20 min and it is -- practice......................Debra

Paulette
01-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I can get out the door and look presentable in about 20 minutes, light beard cover Electro has reduced the need for a heavy coat of beard cover, foundation, mascara and lipstick, eye shadow (one color)wig, earrings, forms and an outfit. I also agree that earrings are critical to the overall look. I am always smooth so that makes it faster, and I use an air brush makeup which is super fast and with great coverage.

Lorileah
01-03-2013, 12:23 AM
you can blend really well if you don't do anything.

Blending or passing is an ideal that you will probably NEVER attain unless you are very lucky. Look around you, how do women blend? They just put on clothes and maybe a hat.

Now to present myself as the person (feminine) that I am I can do it in 20 minutes. However, I like to be more than that so it takes an hour. If I want to NOT be noticed, I don't bother doing anything.

Michelle James
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
20 minutes if I've already shaved, but it really depends how much I care. Lately I haven't cared much at all. If I'm just running errands I can get away with a little foundation, powder, blush and lipstick. If it's just the drive though at the bank I can get away with just my wig and some lippy. If we are going out to eat or a movie or a day of shopping then I need an hour, but can make it in less if my SO is pushing me.

joank
01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
20 to 30 minutes. I stay shaved so it is usually just the face. I also have a light colored beard so that helps. If I have more time, nails and really concentrate (like Sara) in the moment.

RenneB
01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
If I know where I'm going, the night before, I can start to pick out the outfit in my mind. That usually speeds up the process. But in general, it's 20 minutes for corset, bra, tuck, hose, shoes, skirt, top then it's off to hair and makeup. I always prep for the full presentation. I know I could skip the eyes and wear sunglasses, but I'd know I wasn't ready and that would affect me. So after months of practice, I'm still 90 minutes with hair/makeup including shave, concealer, foundation, eyes, hair and nails..etc..

I've found that over time, there are little things that you can do to reduce the 'turn around time'. If the clothes are in a bunch of boxes in the basement then I'll prep a full outfit in a separate box so I don't have to go searching through all the boxes. I shave all over everyday so I'm good there. The hardest part and therefore the longest is the face/makeup... I'm thinking in a couple of dozen years I might be able to 'shave' a few minutes off of that time with practice.... LOL...

Renne.....

Leah Lynn
01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm going out tomorrow evening, so I'll use the stopwatch. I probably should use a stopcalendar! If time is of the essence, I way skip it.

Michelle (Oz)
01-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the replies. Some interesting thoughts. Have to agree with Eryn's observation that preparation expands to fill the time available - and then some.

I've taken the approach of doing full makeup but pared the time back to 90 minutes with the hope of getting back to 60. I do envy those with facial hair under control or eliminated. That would make preparation so much easier.