PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Comment

Diane Douglas
01-02-2013, 08:53 AM
So the wife and I are at a New Years Eve party with good long-time friends and we are getting ready to leave. One of the guests, who was there by himself was joking around and asked why we weren't staying the night (if one has had to much to drink, this is a good thing). I mentioned we hadn't brought a change aof clothes for the next morning. He replied, "I have an extra pair of panties".

Ok, I could have said something along the lines of, oh really what kind, or lets go see, or....

Now, these are good friends and they may have an idea that I crossdress or occassionally wear panties as I was caught one time by a different friend in this group.

How would you ladies go about pursuing this?

If you think this is you and you wish to respond, leave your drab initials at the bottom of your post, that way we can be out to each other.

Beverley Sims
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Whether dressed or in drab, Iwould not have let the opportunity pass these days.
In the past I have let the opportunity slip by only to wonder years later "what might have been." (Another smiley omitted.)

Angela Campbell
01-02-2013, 09:13 AM
My response would have been, thank you for the offer but I don't wear other peoples panties. and laughed.

stephNE
01-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Every now and then, someone I know will make a comment sort of along the lines of "..don't get your panties in a bunch", I usuallly laugh and let it go, but I am sure they have no idea that I am a crossdresser. It was just a random comment that happened to hit a little closer to home than they will ever realize.

Miriam-J
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Perhaps this is a missing opportunity, or perhaps not. In any case it probably was not the right setting, or the right level of sobriety, for the discussion. If this guy is a close enough friend who you feel can keep confidences well, perhaps you can carefully approach the topic again with him sometime over lunch. This might begin with a more generic discussion of the topic with more specific confessions only if acceptance seems likely.

It's very likely that there are far more of us out there than we know, as we're probably the tip of the iceberg. It'll be interesting to see what emerges in coming decades as more and more assumptions are cast aside in our society.

Miriam

Angela Campbell
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
I think since you said you had been caught once, that he knows and was just busting on you in a friendly way.

Cynthia Anne
01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I would of said no thanks; I wear my own kind of hat! Besides I doubt that they would fit! I wear size six!!!!!!!

kimdl93
01-02-2013, 10:17 AM
If they asked you point blank, then its another matter. But this was just a casual remark. I'd leave it be.

Leslie Langford
01-02-2013, 10:31 AM
My response would have been, thank you for the offer but I don't wear other peoples panties. and laughed.

What almostalady said...

This is a neutral, non-committal type of response that would have shown that you were in on the "joke" and took the ribbing in a good-natured way, while at the same time not outing yourself and putting the burden of speculation back your friend's shoulders.

Kind of like the iconic Ann Landers answer to people who would write in to her column periodically to ask how to respond to inappropriate questions from others, and her stock advice was always to simply turn it around and ask in turn: "Why in the world would you want to know that?"

Kelly Smith
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM
I would have asked him what size he wore.

Kathy4ever
01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I would of just ignored it as he was probable just loking around and not meaning anything from it.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Since u haven't a photo avatar, I have no idea if he was fishing, guessing, or joking! U also failed to mention if he had been drinking!

In drab, you'd never in a million years guess I dress! U may look different?

If I was in drab, I'd have fired rite back, "What color, what size, and what style?" If I was dressed, I would have wilted away!

If I was Sherry, she would have insisted on trying them on rite then and there!

Chickhe
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
At some point we have to realize the world does not revolve around us. Such a comment is just a joke...it means your host is already doing you a huge service so don't push it and ask for more or you won't get what you expect. Doesn't stop you from making a joke in return about wondering why your host has extra panties available...

lingerieLiz
01-02-2013, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't take it serious. Although, one night I was going to a costume party and one of the women we were friends with said you need a slip under that dress. I didn't think to ask if she had one I could borrow. She was sexy and I would have loved to borrow one from her.