PDA

View Full Version : Two Steps Forward with Wife, One Back

Gretchen_To_Be
01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I came out to my wife recently after hiding it from her for 12 years. Then I joined this forum and found kindred spirits, gushing about my wonderful wife. Well, she is and will always be wonderful, and has been very understanding. This has done wonders for our sex life, but she has begun to establish boundaries. She doesn't mind shaved legs or hose, and actually finds that sensual and definitely appreciates what it has done for my libido, but she is not thrilled with seeing me in stiletto pumps--though she knew I was going to purchase them and wanted to see me in them after they arrived. It was somewhat contradictory because she said she loved the shoes, that they looked great on me, and that she would even like one pair for herself in her size, but in the next breath called me "crazy" and said they made my legs look overly feminine, and that she didn't want to see me like that! Not quite sure I understand how freshly shaved legs in brand new sheer hose is not already feminine, but whatever--I want to keep her happy. She also has said that she expects me to allow my leg hair to regrow by the time warmer weather arrives, and I will definitely make sure that happens.

It has been wonderful the last few weeks but there are always lines, and I have crossed a few. I had purchased her some beautiful clothes from BCBG Maxazria for Christmas, including some gorgeous pencil skirts. Some items were not her exact size...when we went to exchange them I made the mistake of saying "offhand" that I would love to buy a skirt like that for myself. I figured it was OK to say that because just a few days before she said how nice my legs looked in the hose and heels, and how all I needed to complete the look was a skirt. I agreed, and she said she had an old, stretchy one someplace she would get for me. That never happened and I didn't push the issue, but the comment in the store when she was in full-on shopping mode made her furious. She interpreted--incorrectly--that I bought her those clothes only because I secretly wanted them for myself. That wasn't true--my wife is a babe and she looked super-hot; it just stimulated a desire in me and I made the comment.

It was a bad night. She drew the line and said she never wanted to see me in a skirt or a dress, or anything else but pantyhose or stockings--and sometimes heels. She said the hose was part of the intimate experience and she enjoyed the slick, sensual feel (and that shaving was necessary to achieve that) but that a skirt would cross the line into dressing like a woman, which she wanted no part of. She said she would see me differently, "no longer a man". I told her she was way more important to me that this occasional urge--which is entirely true--and that I didn't want to do anything to push her away.

I think there were several problems with making that comment while shopping. Even though I had freshly shaved legs and was underdressed with a new pair of hose--this done after we made love and were bathing and dressing together--the issue was that I was selfish and twisted the situation to be about me when she was enjoying her great new clothes. In retrospect, the last thing she wanted to hear when trying on those skirts was that I wanted one just like them. I thought that was being truthful with her, but it obviously annoyed her to think that, rather than telling her how awesome she looked, I was thinking of how I would look in that skirt. To be fair, I had already gushed how beautiful she was and how spectacular her legs looked, but then I ruined it.

Reading through posts of GGs here, I have started to realize just how accommodating she has been, and how I moved too fast for her. I have learned a valuable lesson and am definitely going to turn it down several notches.

I am very much in love with my wife, humbled by the experience, and feel terrible that I took advantage of her understanding.

Two steps forward, one back. Happy to be out to her, but slowly reaching equilibrium, I hope.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?

cdtraveler
01-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Yes I can relate to many of the same issues related to what to say who needs to say it and being patient. I found it helps for us to met together with a therapist to discuss the more sensitive things and mostly give her a neutral place to voice her concerns and ask questions. Also seems to me that you wish to dress more but may need to negotiate the when and how much as she may not wish to ever see you fully dressed. Basically honest tactful communication is key but nothings guaranteed. Good luck.

Barbara Ella
01-03-2013, 12:11 AM
You are running into the fact that this is just a very difficult thing for a wife to wrap her head around emotionally. And beynd that, her feelings may/will change from time to time. You have entered a new phase, and you do need to examine how you react to situations, because, as you noted, simple offhand comments can be interpreted as selfish, becuase you do not know what is going through her mind at the time.

She really needs to get an awareness of just what being a crossdresser means to you. From what you have written, you have given her the initial impression that it is all sexual, and skirts, etc go beyong that, and I think you are beyond that a bit. Right now I don't see that she has grasped the full content, so it may take a lot of time, and you really need to be patient and not challenge her.

If you can wear the heels in private, and perhaps the skirt, and not let her see you, and not tell her when you dress, you can maintain some level of sanity. If she objects to the mere thought of you dressing, you will have to bury everything deep in a secret closet, not the best situation when you are trying to be honest.

Best of luck.

Barbara

KiwiKate
01-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi Shibumi.I'm sorry to hear things have gone a bit sour for you and your wife.I think you've made the right decision to turn the dressing down a notch.In my own marriage I've come to the realization that it is something that can't be rushed and it can take a long time for our wives to accept this part of us.I was thinking the other day if I were a non cross dresser how would I feel about letting my wife stroll about the house dressed up like a man,let alone making love to her dressed as a man.It really is a big ask for our partners.Although it is tempting to want to dress up all the time because it feels so good I think we need to look at it from the wives perspective,they won't necessarily want to see us dressed up all the time.My wife has known about me for 15 years and is only just starting to come around.Try and enjoy what she is comfortable with letting you do and take things at her pace.If she's happy,your happy.Best of luck.

Stephanie47
01-03-2013, 02:58 AM
I think in the mind of a woman there is a line drawn between having a fetish, such as wearing sheer silky hosiery or panties, and, appearing as a woman, makeup and all. I think that is especially true if there is an increase in libido. Start adding another article of clothing, and, the man starts to disappear in her eyes.

At what costs does a man push his agenda? For some women the mere knowledge her man wears feminine clothing is enough to run off to a divorce lawyer. For many men the best that can be expected is the DADT marriage. Somehow that seems better than a confrontational situation all the time. Tacit acceptance in a DADT marriage does not lead to participation.

CINDYO
01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
learning that a partner is a crossdressers, esp after marriage, blows a wife's mind. There are so many private, upsetting thoughts that go thru a woman's mind, everyday.... and probably will for the remainder of the marriage. I am not asking for sympathy, just stating an unfortunate fact. Say what you want about, time, acceptance, going slowly, not over stepping bounds etc. It is still very unsetting to every wife, if in fact the inner most truth be told, unless of coarse the wife was informed before the marriage and enabled to make and informed decision.

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Definitely like the Russians during the cold war.
Two steps forward and one step back, helps to test the waters and the speed of acceptance you expect to get.
Just keep chipping away and if you get a landslide your way, wait for it to settle before going on.
All he best and lots of luck in your endeavors.

andrea35
01-04-2013, 09:50 AM
I am not grating anyones comment over here but Barbara Ella's comment is very well thought and I would want to listen to it very closely.
Get her out of thinking that this is a sex in bed thing. unfortunately she may never no matter how you put it understand and may not even want to talk about it, so just give it some time and don't get yourself too caught up on it.

Janelle_C
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Barbara said it very well. My wife acceptance has come a long way. And that's been over time and me letting her go at her own pace. I can only imagine how overwhelming this is for anyone. Be patient with her. Hugs Janelle

SandraInHose
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Shibumi, sorry to hear of your setback. Many of your posts so far have been very positive and happy, and your exuberance showed. Similar to you, my wife drew the line at 'pantyhose only', and wanting to make peace, I agreed to this compromise. Still, it was a long time before she wanted to actually see me in them, even though she knew when I was wearing. And as I've mentioned in my earlier posts, since then it's been 3 steps forward and 2 steps back for about the past nine years since she found out. Some days she's 100% fine with my hose-wearing...other days she's complaining she needs a break from seeing her man in nylons. And as you have just experienced, what a woman says one day doesn't always apply the next day. Ditto here...I make comments about clothes in a store display and most of the time she's fine with it, other times she's not. I will admit my mistakes of maybe pressing too hard for MY happiness, and sometimes forgetting about that 'balance' that exists somewhere in between both of our happiness/contentment levels.

The main part of our original compromise was that she'd be OK with me just wearing pantyhose, but didn't want me dressing in heels, skirts, dresses, or any other attire. At the time I was fine with that because pantyhose were the catalyst to my CDing...without them I really don't have much desire to dress or wear heels. And that agreement lasted a year or so, but I'm ashamed to admit I soon started dressing behind her back (again) and cannot control that urge. I should be thankful that we're now at the point where I openly wear pantyhose around her...and it doesn't want to make her gag seeing me in hose, but she isn't any more flexible toward anything else. Maybe someday, but until that day comes....?

My two cents worth of advice is be grateful you are at the point you both are, with her being OK with the hose. Early on I pushed too hard for more and it just made her push back harder. Every marriage is different of course, but here on this forum that is one of the recurring messages...baby steps, especially when dealing with a spouse's lukewarm response toward pushing the envelope. Best of luck my friend.