PDA

View Full Version : One Step Forward

MonicaCD
01-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Progress. My wife gave me one of her nighties to wear to bed last night.

It was cold in our bedroom, and as she was putting on the new nightie that she
got for Christmas, I said "I wish *I* had a nice warm nightie to wear!"

She pulled out a red plaid flannel night gown - decidedly masculine
looking, but definitely women's apparel - and said "Well, you can wear this
night shirt".

Of course I said "OK!" I put it on and we both went to bed.

When we woke up this AM, I thanked her for letting me wear her nightie to bed -
she corrected me and said "night shirt."

As I said, one step forward.

Karren H
01-03-2013, 07:30 AM
sounds like you think its a step forward but she doesn't?

MonicaCD
01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
That's probably a fair assessment. I'm working to open up a dialog so we can have a talk about it.

She's ok with me wearing panties, and we've had brief discussions about this part of me before, but not to the point where she's comfortable with anything else.

Beverley Sims
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I agree with Karen, a little more work is needed.

Karren H
01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I agree with Karen, a little more work is needed.

Well maybe if you let her call it what ever she wants then she will be ok with it?

Nightie = Night shirt
Panties = Briefs
Bra = Tank Top
Skirt = Kilt

Maybe this isn't about wearing womens clothing at all but just about nomenclature? lol

:D

Sheila11
01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Nightie = Night shirt
Panties = Briefs
Bra = Tank Top
Skirt = Kilt

Pantyhose = Long johns
Wig = Hat
Lipstick = Chapstick
Heels = Stilts
Purse = Backpack

Annaliese
01-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes a movement forward but one toe forward, keep it slow to fast and it will be 5 steps back, don't get to over confident and push she will push you back.

Good luck Monica

Stephanie47
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I have to agree with Karen. Progress would be wearing a pink peignoir nightie or a floor length decidedly feminine red nylon gown. That use to be a part of our 'bedroom play' before we both figured out what cross dressing was all about. I still have the pink peignoir which was bought in the early 1970's. The red gown and another white gown were bought in 1992. sigh!

sounds like you think its a step forward but she doesn't?

AimeeG
01-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Makeup = sunscreen
Earrings = fly swatters

Kathy4ever
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Been there done that. I thought I made progress then one day she just flew off the handle because i did it to much. They are fickle bunch and let her call it what she wants. Keep it to youself what you think and enjoy but don't show too much joy or she probable want like that. We are not aloud to be too happy. Good luck and maybe you will have more success.

kimdl93
01-03-2013, 08:39 PM
night shirt/nighty that's progress...one small step, but it counts.

Gretchen_To_Be
01-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Like Kathy4ever, I have experienced several swings of acceptance since coming out just 3 weeks ago to my wife. I've learned I need to take it slow after taking the plunge. I personally think you are going to suffer until you come clean. That's a tough decision only you can make, but once I did it I felt like a huge weight came off my shoulders and I could be authentic with her. It has been an exciting time, but she has established ground rules since indicating initial acceptance.

I had tested the waters with harmless "kink" experiments, like asking her what stockings felt like (super subtle ploy for her to invite me to try them, right?) and that went well, but those were momentary, unsatisfying glimpses. I never dreamed I could freely shave my legs, purchase and wear hose and heels in front of her, but once I spilled my guts that's what happened.

Take it slow if that's what makes you both comfortable, but at some point you will need to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Good luck!

Ariamythe
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Threads like this give me some hope. I haven't come out to my wife yet (I'm still working on "coming out" to myself), and I'm sooooo afraid of what her reaction will be!

Shibumi, saying "you are going to suffer until you come clean" sounds about right. :)

JamiXO
01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Nightie = Night shirt
Panties = Briefs
Bra = Tank Top
Skirt = Kilt

:D

Nightie = Night shirt
Panties = Briefs
Bra = Tank Top
Skirt = Kilt

Pantyhose = Long johns
Wig = Hat
Lipstick = Chapstick
Heels = Stilts
Purse = Backpack

Makeup = sunscreen
Earrings = fly swatters

LOL!

Just got my other ear pierced (with support), so I'm dieing to try out some new fly swatters! :heehee:

Thanks girls... Made my day!

Jilmac
01-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a great first step. Your wife was probably right though, in calling yours a night shirt. I consider a night shirt to generally be a pull over garment that extends to just above the thighs. I nightie is a gown that extends to the ankle.

AmyGaleRT
01-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Nightie = Night shirt
Panties = Briefs
Bra = Tank Top
Skirt = Kilt

Pantyhose = Long johns
Wig = Hat
Lipstick = Chapstick
Heels = Stilts
Purse = Backpack

Makeup = sunscreen
Earrings = fly swatters

Dress = extra-long shirt! Just ask Dilbert:

Dilbert: How do you like my new shirt? I made it myself!
Dogbert: I wouldn't call that a "shirt"...
Dilbert: Of course it's a shirt! I made it extra-long, so you can't tell I'm not wearing any pants. It's an innovation!
Dogbert: It's a DRESS!
Dilbert: You're just jealous, but don't be! I'm planning to sew you one of these for your birthday!

(From the "Pregnancy" episode of the TV cartoon. :heehee: )

- Amy