PDA

View Full Version : Learning from 2012 mistakes (OR: Things my Mother never taught me)

Claire Cook
01-03-2013, 10:13 AM
We’ve had a number of threads about 2013 resolutions, but perhaps not many from lessons we’ve learned from our CD experiences in 2012. I learn something from you all every time I visit this site, but here are some things that happened to me this year that have been learning experiences. Some I’ve posted, others not, but I thought you’d enjoy them:

1. Always try on clothes in stores with boobs and hip pads in place -- at least if you plan on buying them.

[One dress seemed fine, until I got it home … the only way could wear it was without boobs and butt.]

2. Always check that you have picked up all of your bags at the checkout (“Ma’am, you forgot your bag.”)

[Yes, the pink fog rolled in.]

3. Make sure your boobs are held in by your bra.

[Two instances. One, a GG friend of mine took me aside and noted that one breast seemed to hanging low. The second … well, it fell out.] http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?186706-I-Don-t-Feel-Complete&p=3057114&highlight=#post3057114

4. Know what to do if you are locked in your car.

[I was parked in my wife’s Honda and hit some button that locked the car and set off the alarm. While I was frantically searching though the owner’s manual this gentlemen rapped on the window, asked me to lower it and showed me the fix. A knight in shining T-shirt.]

5. Don’t leave your hearing aid in the ladies’ fitting room (Thank goodness for wonderful people)

[I was trying things on and had taken them out to slip things over my head. Pink fog again – left them there. But the owner found them and saved them for me.]

6. Don’t leave your purse in the shopping cart (Double thank goodness for wonderful honest people).

[OMG!! I got home and realized I didn’t have it. Fortunately someone found it and gave it to a checkout lady. Another lady within earshot said the same thing happened to her. Lesson: keep your keys in your purse so you can’t drive off without it.]

Yes, all of these things did really happen to me this year. How I wish my mother knew about her daughter, and could have prepared me for such events – sadly she didn’t (and I don’t know if she would have understood.) In any case – I learned from each and every incident, and there is no way they soured me on dressing. (Each in its own way was a confidence builder.) Experience is definitely the best teacher!

So how about sharing some of your “instructive” experiences from last year?

Priss2012
01-03-2013, 11:44 AM
The first two dresses that I purchased were super short (wasn't planning on ever going out at the time). Now that I enjoy going out I only purchase dresses and skirts that I can were in public.

Debra Russell
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
wearing press-on nails? never put them on untill after your dressed - yeah I know, that's a given but the first time (a few years ago) I lost one while pulling up my girdle/hip pads then another while buttoning up my blouse then my nylons ect. ect. -- you get the picture.....................Debra

Angela Campbell
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
When you are first learning how to apply makeup, just take the liner pencil and the mascara wand and poke them both right in your eye. It saves a lot of time and you have to get used to it for a while anyway.

Get a full length mirror before you try to go out in public.

Don't use the dishwasher to clean your wig

Always wear clean panties. Ok my Mother did tell me that but never dreamed it would actually be panties.

Join a local TG group. It is much more fun and a lot less lonely.

Beverley Sims
01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I bought a couple of super sexy dresses to wear out.
The only place I am going to wear them out is indoors by myself.

Priss2012
01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Debra: I also learned the hard way about press on hails last year.

outhiking
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Show confidence and be polite when purchasing female clothing when in drab. Actually, this also applies to autoparts, movie tickets, etc.

bobbimo
01-03-2013, 12:59 PM
One thing I learned, by accident, is to hook the lower bra hook first!
My does that make it so much easier to get the other on hooked. (and no I cant stand to hook the bra together and spin it around) shivver!
Bobbi

Angela Campbell
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
One thing I learned, by accident, is to hook the lower bra hook first!
My does that make it so much easier to get the other on hooked. (and no I cant stand to hook the bra together and spin it around) shivver!
Bobbi

I don't even think about it a lot i just reach back and clip it. Then again I have been doing it for 50 years. I have had girlfriends comment about how good I am at unhooking a bra too. Better than the average bear, they never knew why!

DonnaT
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Try not to wear anything too tight to pull over your head when wearing a wig when out an about, especially when trying on clothes.

Polish your nails at least a half hour before getting dressed to go out.