PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find this odd?

Amanda Katharine
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
On occasion, I'll have my own version of a crossdressers gameday so to speak but not with sports. I'll get my best panties, hose, bra and best outfit that I feel like wearing and watch Designing Women while dressed to the nines. I choose this show because all the women are so well dressed. Especially in the early years of the show. Does anyone else have a similar routine? For the record, I won't watch the show unless I'm fully dressed.

~Joanne~
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't find it odd but I also don't have any one specific thing I do while fully dressed other than take some pictures :) I got a new camera and tripod for Xmas and I plan on doing some today.

NV Susan
01-03-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think it's odd at all. Being dressed up probably helps you identify more closely with the females on the show.

KiwiKate
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
No that's not odd.Seems like a nice way to spend some time.I'd love to be able to do that.

Michelle 51
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't think it's odd either.I'll do it sometimes not with TV but certain chores.If I need to clean up paperwork in my office or go on the pc and do e-mails I'll often dress before I start.

Beverley Sims
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
As a catalog photographer I put my camera on 1 shot per second.
Let it run and strike poses in front of it dressed.
This let's me see how ridiculous some of the poses are that I want others to emulate.
If I kept them I would have 1000's of ridiculous poses and probably one or two acceptable ones.

That is odd!

janet p
01-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I use to dress in my nighties to Green Acres.:battingeyelashes::heehee:

Dawn cd
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm going to put on a green dress and watch Notre Dame play Monday night.

Gwinnie
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I love the blouses on that show. I'm having a heck of a time finding one for me

Joanie_Shakti
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I remember admiring the women on that show for the way they dressed. And Dixie Carter had nice legs.

I don't get dressed to watch a particular show, but I have to write checks and pay bills online. I guess it helps with the stress of seeing the bank account deplete so quickly.

A couple of years ago, a GG friend who lives in another state called me while I was dressed up. I was laughing to myself thinking, "if she only knew how I look right now." So now, if I intend to call her to chat, I'll dress up more often or not. I once had romantic feelings for her, which weren't returned in kind. So I guess I feel if she's going to treat me like a girlfriend, I'm going to look the part. :idontknow:

Karren H
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
IDK..... I don't put on my hockey gear and lace up my skates to watch a game on tv..... so yes it does seem a bit odd to me.....

Amy07
01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I loved Designing Women. There was one show where one of their clients, or a date for one of the girls, shows up dressed femme. She explained that he was comfortable dressing as a woman. Totally cool! Do the youTube search.... she looked great too.

SandraInHose
01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Regarding Designing Women...the only reason I ever watched that show (and a few others) was for the well-dressed women. They all dressed classy with hemlines just the right length, yet still sexy in their hose and heels. Dallas and Dynasty were two others that fell into that category of watching the wardrobe more than the show.

Come to think of it, The Dukes of Hazzard had something that kept me coming back every Friday night, too. And no, it wasn't the obligatory car chase through the back roads, either! <wink>

Andy66
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
My version of that is watching the cooking channel while eating dinner. Not so odd... there are odder things we could be doing.

Vickie_CDTV
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I loved watching that show when I was a kid. I absolutely loved the way the ladies dressed on that show (especially Delta's character Suzanne Sugarbaker), those wonderful suits, elegant blouses, hose and heels. For a young TV it was very... stimulating... to say the least.

I loved those wonderful high neck bow blouses the ladies wore. Sadly, the only way to find them nowadays (especially the bow blouses with a high neck) is to find them on eBay, or have them custom made (which run 100-200 dollars.)