PDA

View Full Version : Cd holidays for 2013

Robbin_Sinclair
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Being a person who needs goals and deadlines in my life, I’ve decided to focus several offbeat holidays to plan for a full scale dress up, even if it doesn't involve going out. On those days, I will schedule no appointments and make no commitments, unless it specifically relates to crossdressing.

Can you help? Do you know any holiday that is a natural crossdressers holiday? The candidate should not be a day where you are expected to go somewhere or be somewhere such as Valentine’s Day or Sweetest Day.

I am looking at about six or eight days interspersed throughout 2013. Based upon the “major holidays” on holidayinsights.com, these are on my short list, so far:

January 25, OPPOSITE DAY. I have no idea what this is but this seems a natural.
February 2 GROUNDHOG DAY. The idea of "coming out" each year seems right.
February 24 OSCAR NIGHT. Red carpets bring out the Flamboyant.
March 8 INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY. A day to honor all femininity?
March 15, IDES OF MARCH – Soft white cotton tunics are de rigor.
March 17, ST. PATRICK’S DAY – Celebrated by some, forgotten by all the next day.
April 5, NATIONAL WALK TO WORK DAY –What do I wear for a long, hot walk?
April 24, NATIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSTS DAY (formerly SECRETARIES’ DAY).
May 4, STAR WARS DAY. Many possibilities for those trecking a different path.
June 21, SUMMER SOLTICE. A “go to” for the spiritually inclined.
August 3, NATIONAL WATERMELON DAY. It sounds like fun. And a double entant.
August 13 LEFT HANDER’S DAY. A good one for the ambidextrous CD.
August 30, NATIONAL MARSHMELLOW TOASTING DAY. in Key West?
October 1, INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELDERLY. I have a salt & pepper wig.
October 26, MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY. Perhaps, this is not what they intended.
November 13, SADIE HAWKINS DAY. Obvious, clichéd and probably perfect.
December 21, WINTER SOLSTICE, A “go to” day for the druid.
December 27, NATIONAL FRUITCAKE DAY, Works well with my impulse buying.

Sheila11
01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I think on "opposite day" you dress like a guy.

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 07:17 AM
National Fruitcake Day.
We can all be out like we are on Halloween.

DonnaT
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/

Stephanie47
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Why are you limiting yourself? Everyday is dress up day!

However, if you are married to a vocal non accepting spouse, you may want to consider "Lame Duck" Day on February 6th.

Angela Campbell
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Or maybe April first.

Robbin_Sinclair
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not liking "opposite day." I just don't like the sound of it. Too masculine. It's out.

Halloween -- of course! a dah moment. The problem with Halloween for this exercise is that Halloween forces a negative visual on me. It involves hairy men wearing out of place garments with self described "enormous tits" or better yet, "bazooms" screaming the word "ladies."

My personal calendar will include Halloween but my FRS (fashion release show) dates do not include it. The FRS calendar is now:

Re: Friday, 3-15, Ides of March. The gown is already designed in my mind. Make up and accessories very important.

Re: Sunday 2-24 Oscar Night. There is enough time to do it, but how? I'm thinking of Stella in Street Car Named Desire. My mind relates to Stella walking down that winding stair case in steamy New Orleans in black and white. I think of Brando showed screaming from her point of view. The looks on her face and the way she walked should have won the award. That's two FRSs. Thanks.

The post with just a link, thank you. One of my 14-17 year old male friends has a house out there. We all had a "reunion" there a couple of years ago. I love LV. The boys ought to be game. Better yet, they travel with their wives...all Italian. I know I will be trading jewelry. This out to be fun.

By that date, I may start to look respectable. What to wear? What to wear? I know it involves spandex and cotton. Also, FYI, the little railway train between hotels is virtually empty late at night. Good background.

Thank you.

I Am Paula
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
George Birthington's washday. He must have worn something while his stuff was in the spin cycle.

Persephone
01-04-2013, 04:57 PM
November 20, 2013 - Transgender Day of Remembrance.

Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is held on November 20th every year and was established to
memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.

Hugs,
Persephone.

PretzelGirl
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
If you dress on National Coming Out day, then you can get it all done in one shot. :battingeyelashes:

Robbin_Sinclair
01-05-2013, 05:26 AM
November 20, 2013 - Transgender Day of Remembrance.

Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is held on November 20th every year and was established to
memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Thanks. That keeps things in perspective. The list are my little frivolous holidays. November 20th is a day for others. New to this, it would be hard to be in drab on that date. Yet, it's not about me.. And it would be hard not to be with others like me. I have nearly year to work on it.

In the spring, there is an LGBT awareness day. My step daughter is promoting it in her high school, almost by herself with silent opposition from those in charge. By the way, it's her birthday today -- just turned 17. A very special person. xr

If you dress on National Coming Out day, then you can get it all done in one shot. :battingeyelashes:

What day is that? xr

PretzelGirl
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
It is on October 11th.