View Full Version : What happend to you in 2012

sonna
01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
im interested to here your year went mine had its ups and downs
like every one else

i strated going out everywere Xdressed not just a couple places here and there

ive met lots of new friends and some from all over and some looking to meet
next year on the dignity cruise.

i did get a divorce! but now i realised its for the best.

and i closed on a house.

WHAT HAPPEND IN 2012 TO YOU

~Joanne~
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I came out about my dressing to my SO. That's probably the biggest event to have taken place in 2012. Other than that, not much different than 2011.

NathalieX66
01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Hmmm.......I don't remember. :idontknow:

Leila Be
01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I found Cross Dressers. Com Yea for that. :)

DonnaT
01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I had surgery.

I've a feeling I won't ever walk in heels again.

Angela Campbell
01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
What happened to me? Everything! My life started over is all.

alwayshave
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
1. Lost my job early in the year.
2. Temporarily moved to keep some income rolling in as a consultant
3. I closed on a house that my ex was suppose to sell two years ago. It took the jaws of life to get her out of it.
4. I started a business and its going well.
5. Had my first transformation which was the first time I had ever dressed head to toe.

sonna
01-04-2013, 04:51 PM
1. Lost my job early in the year.
2. Temporarily moved to keep some income rolling in as a consultant
3. I closed on a house that my ex was suppose to sell two years ago. It took the jaws of life to get her out of it.
4. I started a business and its going well.
5. Had my first transformation which was the first time I had ever dressed head to toe.

Sounds like its going good now and i hope you have a wonderful new year.

sonna
01-04-2013, 04:55 PM
I had surgery.

I've a feeling I won't ever walk in heels again.

i hope your feeling better. im not sure what kind of (asuming) foot surjury you had
but i hope you get in thos heels again

sonna
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I found Cross Dressers. Com Yea for that. :)

agreed....... got to love this site.

sonna
01-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I came out about my dressing to my SO. That's probably the biggest event to have taken place in 2012. Other than that, not much different than 2011.

i hope the comming went well. best of wishes for this year.

sonna
01-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Hmmm.......I don't remember. :idontknow:

Hmmm someones got the c.r.s. ...lol

StarrOfDelite
01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
We lost the senior member of our family to colo-rectal cancer, which is a long, drawn-out and totally depressing process, shortly before Christmas. As the oldest surviving male member of the family I was required for a great deal of the calendar year to be a pillar of masculine stolidity and support, and I'd like to think that I played the role well. It was difficult to get away and get my head into my feminine side, and, so far as advancing along my journey as a trans-gendered person, the year was pretty much a matter of running-in-place.

AllyCDTV
01-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Ruptured my Achilles tendon in February. Pretty much recovered from it but I still can't wear heels.:cry:

FrozenShiela
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM
After a few months of wondering what I was I pinpointed it down to crossdresser early December.

And it gave me the power to feel good whenever I'm at home.

sonna
01-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Ruptured my Achilles tendon in February. Pretty much recovered from it but I still can't wear heels.:cry:

my goodness that had to hert!!! i hope you get a full recovery so you can strut your stuff in heels again

SandraInHose
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd love to say I went out en femme for the first time and had a grand old time at some gala ball, meeting many new and wonderfully accepting people.

But the sad truth is, 2012 just made me one year older, a few lbs heavier, my hair a little grayer, fell a little deeper into debt, and the wife and I had sex fewer times than the year before. And both of my early-20's kids are still living at home, because even with a college education, they still can't find any job that will pay enough to sustain them on their own. Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but life hasn't gotten any easier! Bring on 2013...it's gotta get better!

xdressed
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Finally accepted that being a crossdresser is not a bad thing, bought my own clothes, found this site, went out for the first time, then went out again, then went all the way off to London, then dressed up publicly on Halloween, met a fellow crossdresser who lives locally and went out a few more times after that. All very positive steps and I think 2013 can only get better

Ressie
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Left the house en femme for the 1st time and met a few regional members. Probably doubled my wardrobe shopping mostly thrift stores. New wig & heels in 2012!

Duana
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Wow...
Divorce final in January
Quit a great job
Moved to Cancun
Spent 3 days in Mexican jail, crossdressed, on a bullshit charge. Fixed my jail problem with $22,000 cash
(Here's a little tip for those traveling to Mexico: make sure your girlfriend removes her .22 automatic pistol from the inside pocket of your luggage before going. And if not, make DAMN sure it's not loaded with hollow point ammunition, which is military only in Mexico. It's no fun facing 20 years in Mexican prison and it's very expensive to get out of it, if you can. And strip searches when you're wearing a thong and have painted toenails, well, it's as bad as it sounds.)

Lived in a beautiful condo on the Caribbean
Started and failed a jungle tour business in Cancun
Moved back to Texas
Started and succeeded with my current business
Became a grandfather
Visited Santo Domingo and made it the 4th country I've been in while dressed.

Interesting enough for you?

DanielleT
01-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Went to a very fun LGBT party on New Years eve, met a really great guy and went home with him. For me, it was the culmination of my womanhood, I really wanted to experience that, and it was way, way good!

Bree Wagner
01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I had an awesome year. I wrote extensively about it here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?185996-What-a-Year-(Alternately-Ch..-Chh%85-Changes!)&highlight=) so if you want to check it out settle into a good chair first! :)

sonna
01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Wow...
Divorce final in January
Quit a great job
Moved to Cancun
Spent 3 days in Mexican jail, crossdressed, on a bullshit charge.
Fixed my jail problem with $22,000 cash
Lived in a beautiful condo on the Caribbean
Started and failed a jungle tour business in Cancun
Moved back to Texas
Started and succeeded with my current business
Became a grandfather
Visited Santo Domingo and made it the 4th country I've been in while dressed.

Interesting enough for you?

yep..and you look way to young to be a grandfather.woooo busy year for you.

sonna
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I had an awesome year. I wrote extensively about it here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?185996-What-a-Year-(Alternately-Ch..-Chh%85-Changes!)&highlight=) so if you want to check it out settle into a good chair first! :)

funny enuff i actully read most of these throught out the year..and i always love the fact that your always smiling in you pics ;~)

Duana
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
yep..and you look way to young to be a grandfather.woooo busy year for you.

Actually, found on on Christmas another one is on the way. And I'm not that young but thank you :)

I should add that from the day I quit my job, actually 3 months prior back into 2011, I did not cut my hair until today. I was going to post about it since so many wish they could grown long hair. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Now I'm back to a full-blown boy haircut and I have no regrets.

Michelle 51
01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Was a busy year but found time to get away for a week and meet some new friends and be Michelle for a couple of days which was a first for her.

sonna
01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Went to a very fun LGBT party on New Years eve, met a really great guy and went home with him. For me, it was the culmination of my womanhood, I really wanted to experience that, and it was way, way good!

woo..go girl!!!

sonna
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Actually, found on on Christmas another one is on the way. And I'm not that young but thank you :)

I should add that from the day I quit my job, actually 3 months prior back into 2011, I did not cut my hair until today. I was going to post about it since so many wish they could grown long hair. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Now I'm back to a full-blown boy haircut and I have no regrets.

congrats now you got 2 to spoil ;~) long hair isent for everybody, but you got to do what works for you.

sonna
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Finally accepted that being a crossdresser is not a bad thing, bought my own clothes, found this site, went out for the first time, then went out again, then went all the way off to London, then dressed up publicly on Halloween, met a fellow crossdresser who lives locally and went out a few more times after that. All very positive steps and I think 2013 can only get better

sounds like a wonderful year..and i think your going to top it this year 2013..get out there show em whos boss!!

xdressed
01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
sounds like a wonderful year..and i think your going to top it this year 2013..get out there show em whos boss!!

I certainly will, planning on coming out to my house mates in the next couple of weeks

sonna
01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I certainly will, planning on coming out to my house mates in the next couple of weeks

i love it when people can be there selfs, took me too long to figure that out..but ill tell and and i think you already know
being out to me is the most wonderful thing there is, and i wouldent change a thing.. truly happy for you, let me know how
it goes with your house mates.

Kate Simmons
01-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Gosh, I dunno Hon. I'm still here and on the Forum. If something did happen, It must have flown right by me.I know nothing happened on 12/21/12 but many of the beings I deal with can't be seen anyway in the physical.:)

sonna
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Gosh, I dunno Hon. I'm still here and on the Forum. If something did happen, It must have flown right by me.I know nothing happened on 12/21/12 but many of the beings I deal with can't be seen anyway in the physical.:)

lmao..nope nothing did happen 12/21/12 now im stuck with a morgage. but its 2013 new start and lots of bills.

sonna
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
hey every body keep them comming i wont be back on this site till sunday

soo good night and see you all sunday

Wonderwho
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Slow year. came out to my wife of 28 years. she moved out. we worked things out. bought another house for her to live in, get to dress every day ( own my owne buisness), got back togeather, see each other every weekend,am on Testosterone replacement, and got the most wonderfull real silk womens night gowns for Christmas.
And I thought I was confused before I came out to her, women,I still dont understand them, but I dont understand myself anymore, so who cares.
My best to all who live here!!
Wonderwho

GondorRachel
01-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Well it started out with a what seemed like a nice romance, but that failed miserably within a couple of weeks. I came out to almost all of friends, my immediate family, and began dressing in public, fully en femme and varying degrees between drab and fab. I went to the MAC store and tried out makeup, and got professional pedicures with colored polish. I spent way too much money on filling up my closet with pretty dresses (3/4 of my closet is fem, 1/4 is male) and a wide variety of women's clothes.

Sheila11
01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Same as every year.
Live every day like its my last, love all those I can, make as many new friends as I can,
keep in touch with old friends, put a smile on my face and as many others as I can.
I call it "Living the dream".

Karren H
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Didn't retire with the rest of my coworkers who took the voluntary separation incentive.... Started our major remodeling/addition..... building a larger 50 year old ranch house.. stopped playing hockey for the remodeling..... going to start up in the spring.... volunteered doing home repair for low income people around the Burgh...... continued my annual Random Acts of Kindness over the year..... donated all our furniture to the local resale shop that uses the proceeds to help the homeless...... bought all new furniture... lol

Erica Marie
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Well it all started in late 2011. I came out to my then gf. She was put back a bit but said she could accept it. All went well for awhile, she even bought me a few things. Then later in the year she started getting weird about things. Said it was too much for her to handle. Shortly after New Years 2012 I found out she was messing around with her boss. Well I guess that was a good indication to end that relationship. It took a bit to get over because she was my high school sweatheart and we ended up getting back together. I guess it was three years I could have spent learning more about me. After that I realized it was time to focus on me and my kids. Dressing time has been few and far in between but I learned now for sure that it is part of who I am and it will never go away. I learned if a SO cant accept it to the full extent then it is not meant to be. So single I stay for the time being. Now I look forward to 2013 and the future to nurture and grow and become the person that I need to be. Hoping to have a chance or two to be able to get out in the real world, time to break down this closet door and be free.

Starr
01-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Ok lets see, after being out of work as a manager for several years.. i decided to just find partime work and semi retire.. got a good job doing the work i use to manage others doing.. love the work and always have.. I got the new job even with my long hair so that was a relief.. i started dressing in public a lot more.. started shaving my arms.. which was the last thing to shave.. wore short to work with my shaved legs.. found a hair dresser who does my hair as my girl self andi go dressed.. she also started shaping my eyebrows.. and the las t visit i told her to thin the more.. and they are really thin and arched now.. was kind of afraid someone ask about them they were so thin.. Wear my hair in a fem style about all the time.. high girl ponytail and bangs in boy mode.. wear ladies jeans a lot.. and when i go into the city i dress fem and go pretty much were i want.. next stop the DR to talk hormones... spa to check on hair removal... and Mac for a make up makeover.. will see whre 2013 takes me now..

AnitaH
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I started going out as Anita regularly in January. It was a bit of a shock for my therapist, we had talked about it but he had not seen Anita in the two years we had been meeting. Marched in a Pride Parade for the first time and that as Anita. I was out dresses once or twice a week until middle of June. Then work moved me. After the move my wife was afraid of what the neighbours would think so I wasn't able to get out for a few months. That was a very difficult time for me, but I learned something about myself. I was already out to my wife but I came out to a few family members in 2012. that went well.

Late in the year I started to see a Gender Therapist as I work towards full time/transition in 2013. If this does happen it will likely mean the loss of my job, home (company owned) and for a number of reasons separation from my wife. 2013 could be a hard one for me. Perhaps it would be a great year if I would give up cross-dressing and/or transitioning but on the other hand I don't believe I can survive that.

AnitaH

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Went round the world, skied in 4 countries all en femme at some stage.
Bought a suitable wardrobe for touring, in Seattle and San Francisco during the black Friday sales.
Wandered around the UK mostly en femme as well.
Going nowhere now, maybe next year again.
You do need a couple of years break as it all gets stale otherwise.

SweetTransvestite
01-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Probably the most eventful month was the one I planned since 2011, October 2012 (Halloween)-where do I even begin (sadly it was negative)

I finally ordered a Veronica, finished the last elements of my Franziska Von Karma costume, got the wig, etc. spent some time driving around with grandma and her husband to look for some gloves to finish it and settled on buying some from Wal-Mart. The outfit still needed alteration, and I still needed makeup practice, and I still had some slight worry-but I decided do it for the fun of Halloween and save getting it "perfect" for next year-I put it on and got dropped off at a bar for a Halloween party that a friend of mines was hosting.

....that's where things went a little sour-I walked in to be the only person besides the servers in costume-I felt awkward as hell, I sat at the bar, and got a drink....I felt so ugly compared to the skimpy costumes of the GGs around me.

Worse yet, contrary to what I expected not a SINGLE friend was there...yet. I sat alone, awkward, and contemplated already leaving...I called a friend who wanted to come (but couldn't) and told him how boring it was. I decided to sit in a corner and pretend I was texting (I don't even have texting..just tried to cover up my loneliness and social anxiety)

....then things got a LITTLE better, a woman and her boyfriend took an interest in me (mainly started by her) and sat next to me, and bought me a free drink of my choice-they chatted with me for a long time, asked all sorts of questions, and felt bad my friends hadn't come. They resolved to chill with me the rest of the night then.

It was a funny contrast, the boyfriend asking the usual crap like, "do you have a penis?" or "can I touch those boobs?" and the girlfriend much nicer and asking me more general questions "been here long?" stuff like that. He was friendly overall though, I expected some of the usual from the "manly" men. I felt so secure with the girlfriend though-she was legitimately connected to me.

Drink number two was gone, and she asked me if I wanted another one (and made him buy it) this time Coke and Rum...this was definitely another mistake-I took it slowly though and was careful to not get myself drunk (didn't even finish the thing really-just let it sit as long as I could).

Well the owners (who I know as friends) finally arrived..but I proved too shy to introduce myself..until later. She loved my outfit, and told me (based off of my Facebook wall) "I know money is tight so anything you want is free". The music started, and the PARTY finally began-I love dancing when I get a chance so I got up and did the Cupid Shuffle, Gangnam, etc. had fun. Upon her free offer I asked for the sweetest beer she had, and she gave me an Angry Orchid...oh the deliciouness (mistake number 3 btw).

Now I no longer regretted coming...I stayed a while longer-tolerated the usual stuff from the male audience (though nothing 100% negative..just annoying), and got compliments from the females.

Come 2 AM and my friends FINALLY arrive! This picked the entire night up....I still wasn't drunk, but oh would I be, as though I've been here since 9 PM they were just now ready to drink at 2 AM..I joined them, and got another orchid...slammed much too fast in my happiness and hype to see them, le drunkenness hath begun.

Although not "Tier 3" drunk...I was more of a beyond buzz, but NOT rolling on the floor, singing, etc. but still enough to say some silly crap. I wasn't alone fortunately as the friend dressed up as Joker had too much beer far too quickly.

Well on the car ride home, we talked...I slurred some impression of Harley Quinn, talked about how I wanted to dress as her (one was quite opposed to the idea saying I never should, other said I'd make a sexy Quinn) and I made it home.

Home is where the hell is-I stumble inside with my grandma putting on her annoying "soft" anger tone "You didn't listen to me did you?" I just went to the bathroom-took the clothes off and went to bed...left the clothes in the bathroom btw (mistake number 4).

The clothes made no difference, she helped me find the gloves afterall. The breast forms and Veronica however...she calls me the next day (fully sober by now) to rant on the phone about drinking, okay-but then she flipped the switch to crossdressing "and I want you to throw all that shit away! I won't have you disgrace this family!"

That did it, at least the third time I've been called a "disgrace" in regards to my crossdressing. I got on Facebook and my "**** the world" rant out of anger. I made it public (mistake number 5) and made certain my family could see it, "I crossdress-if this makes me a disgrace to you, don't worry most of you will be dead by the time I have my own children-then you're free to hate from the afterlife as I become the first person in this family to support LGBT rights."

And I STARTED A WAR-phonecalls lit up, comments of disappointment ran abundant, they called grandma DAILY asking "what have you raised?!" my aunt literally called in tears asking where she went wrong, I was shut off from the ENTIRE family over one Halloween night and one stupid wallpost.

And where my friends (and sister, and birth mom) rose up in support in support-I still felt pretty rotten that I now literally had no more family (but my grandma who was calmed down, by the most insanely timed coincidence-after her car was broken into and purse stolen a from a random thief who was targeting several expensive purse owners).

Weeks later grandma had a quieter rant about how she was tired of the phonecalls and I need to apologize. "No one's disrespected the family as much as you have." I failed to see her point and thought this was so ridiculous just over the fact I crossdress-I stood by myself no matter what. It of course morphed into her talking about gay rights and the family doesn't like it, and loads of the STUPIDEST arguments I've ever heard-embarrassingly bad points.

The only thing that finally hurt was she reminded me of how much the family looks up to me, given my intelligence (first one to make it to college), my talents (singing, acting, art), and how I show all the potential for being the most successful member the family ever had. I stood by my argument that I've done NOTHING wrong in regards to crossdressing (none of this was about the alcohol anymore-in the long run nobody but her had a problem with that actually) but I would apologize to shut my aunt the hell up.

And so I did, still not confident enough for the phone I did exactly what started it-went on Facebook and wrote an apology post. I talked about how important family was and how I was motivated by anger, and that I DIDN'T want them to be dead before I have children.

and got nothing...I hate this race's love for controversey sometimes, my angry comeout was showered with a dozen comments and every member of the family from coast to coast coming against me and my apology post didn't get a thing.

So this did it for me, I deleted my Facebook and haven't been back since (except to secretly chat with a few friends on my business/animation account). I came to the conclusion that this was just a regular night of drinking (ala..New Years back in college or what have you) that I blew out of proportion thanks to my lack of inhibithion when it comes to Facebook-and it wasn't the first time I had a Facebook controversy-when i was starring in Rocky Horror I got angry phonecalls from family then because of the cast pictures of me in costume.

...so I was quite past it. I felt like Jean Valjean on the run from Javert..my family being Javert-I disappeared off the face of the internet planet. Worst yet, I was now SCARED of anything to do with my cross dressing being out of the closet anymore. Halloween was a horrific experience and too bad of a memory. I stayed in my room in a deep depression for days, and didn't look at my costume, Veronica, breast forms, or ANYTHING. I now felt symptoms of my old teenage repression kicking it as I stayed away from forums, EVERYTHING.

Worst of all, shopping for women's clothing no longer excited me, and I stopped having that TG connection to "girl's stuff" that I did-it's as if fear had completely taken over..to crossdress now meant death and I would rather stay alive. All my plans for next year Halloween ceased and I had no excitement or motives to work on any of my 2013 plans. I accepted it as "a down and you'll be back before you know it" and kept living, the guilt of turning the family against me nagging my brain.

Well, Christmas finally came, and I guess the season did it-because my aunt sent me a card with money in it (per usual)-surely this was A)a sign that she had gotten over it all or B)a way of trapping me into finally calling her.

Well I called her to thank her for the card. No negativity no Biblical references to my crossdressing, nothing said against gay rights, nothing about me "being a disgrace" just curious about how old I was and a friendly reminder it was time for me to "get going" on my goals. I talked about how I want to go back to school for musical theatere and she was excited and happy about the idea. The phone ended and that msuic that plays after Jean Valjean (yes I'm a Les Mis fan) is freed "freedom at last.." played in my head IMMEDAITELY after.

I felt everything untense, my shoulders, my mind, everything...I felt FREE from Halloween..if she (the oldest, most revered member) no longer hated me, the rest of the family couldn't. I felt free and safe enough to return to Facebook (although I still didn't as I realized all I used it for was ranting), and I felt some 'closure' as I finally touched my Halloween costume again. I opened the Veronica and felt it again-the cool touch of the fabric felt so refreshing, and I was ECSTATIC to see it again....my mind lit up with hundreds of plans for 2013 as if an explosion of what was being bottled inside after 2012, and as you can see I've by now finally returned to forums/participating in the CD/TG community. And yes, shopping for clothes got me going again. :)

But not without being more cautious as to crossdressing still. I'm since back in the closet with the exception of friends who know and costumed events. I still do it but maintain a "Batman/Bruce Wayne" double-life when it comes to conversations, proved when speaking to a fellow YouTuber about my 2012 costume made him say, "Now I'm worried about you, are you gay?" As bad as I wanted to go on my trans supportive rave against his "worried" comment, I simply answered no and moved on and said, "it was just a Halloween costume" before finishing the story.

Regardless, I began living a new way, wanting to defeat fear at every turn. I started asking myself, "Are you scared?" Yes. "Good, DO IT!" and so I did. First a livestream-heart pounding, etc. where I put my face on cam, then a Skype chat where my channel was showered with praise, then being a lot more brave and social in chatrooms in MMOs, etc. etc.

It was all partially inspired by Halloween, I realized...even though facing some fears can go horrifically wrong, only in facing them do we give ourselves the chance for the EXTREME success at the end of it. I ****ed up bad for Halloween, shouldn't have gone crossdressed to a public bar in an unsupportive area, shouldn't have stayed as long as I did, and certainly shouldn't have drunk as much as I did-but all was facing fear and surviving.

So learning from my mistakes 2013 is on.

Btw as soon as I fix the issues with my Veronica and get my new breast forms, yes I WILL make a sexy Harley Quinn for 2013. :battingeyelashes:

Boy that was long wasn't it? Been wanting to vent that life-changing night for awhile. Sorry.

AllyCDTV
01-05-2013, 01:22 AM
my goodness that had to hert!!! i hope you get a full recovery so you can strut your stuff in heels again
Actually, there was very little pain from the Achilles tendon rupture and I was able to go non-surgical on the repair. There was a little soreness during rehap. I had a physical therapist who proudly told me that the practice of physical therapy was discovered during the Spanish Inquisition. The worst thing outside of being in a cast for 4 weeks an an orthopedic boot for 6 weeks was the atrophy in my calf which I am still working on.