PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Theater Piece on Coming Out

litangel
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
I am going to do a theater piece on coming out as genderfluid tonight. There is a group here in Eugene called No Shame theater were anyone who wants can do a 5-minute piece. Sort of Theater open mike. I am doing a piece about my history with gender, including a couple of costume changes. This is probably the most open and vulnerable I have been around my gender. Wish me luck and confidence.

Michelle 51
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
That takes courage Angel.I hope things go well for you.

SweetTransvestite
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Indeed, break a leg-sounds like something I'd love to do (with enough rehearsal, heh)

justmetoo
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Break a leg!
(I would not have the nerve to do that myself - WAY too much stage fright here)

YorkshireRose
01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Good luck Angel! That's a very brave step and one to be proud of. Please let us know how it goes!

Charlotte

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
You will be alright.
Most experimental theater succeeds as long as it does not rely on profanity and crudeness to succeed.

litangel
01-05-2013, 03:06 AM
I think my piece went really well. The audience seemed to react well, although when I am nervous, (and I was) I can not feel what is going on me as well. A friend gave me advice to let my fear go our, use it, rather than having it go in, and I think that helped me a lot. Here is a link to a transcript of my performance. http://wp.me/p2RAEt-Q . I hope to have a You Tube video by Wednesday.

Kim