PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like having really long hair?

esther22
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
The main reason I like dressing as a woman is so I can show off my really long hair without anyone teasing me about my hair. My hair goes past my hips & I love doing it in all kinds of hairdos, but the hair does look best with womens clothes. What is your experience? Esther

Brittany CD
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't like the idea of me having long hair, except when I'm a girl

Duana
01-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I just cut mine after going almost 18 months with no haircut. I loved it when dressed but it just really made me look like a loser as a man. All my friends and family thought I was nuts and when I started making sales calls and presentations for my business, I felt uncomfortable all the time. Hacked it off today and back to my "regular" man style. #4 clipper up the back and sides. It didn't even hurt and I feel good today.

Tashee
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I been Long Hair. Then My Service duty got in the way. Then My career at times got in the way. The hair is long today.
Long in a much different way than how you described your awesome long hair.

Yes hair is fun. I am glad I grew it back.
All be well!

DeeInGeorgia
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
My work sometimes takes me to the flight line where wigs are not allowed due to FOD concerns, so I have to wear my hair long to give the right feminine presentation at work. It also helps hide the forehead and the thin hair. It also allows me to pull it back to a ponytail when I am at home and need to be in boy mode.

Nanaya
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Long hair all the way. I can excuse having long hair as a boy because I love metal! Sometimes, stereotypes can be useful.

Sandra1746
01-04-2013, 07:27 PM
It has been growing for 18 months and is below my shoulders. It is also a white-blonde color; being 66 will do that. I also regularly dress in a "plain-Fem" manner; fem jeans and pullover tops and frequently shoes so the hair fits in well.

I am retired so I have significantly more freedom about my appearance.

Just being myself,
Sandra1746

mariehart
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
My hair is curly, otherwise I would have long hair. I can get an 'afro' without much difficulty.

PretzelGirl
01-04-2013, 11:08 PM
I have liked mine long for years now. It does add an extra element of care and preparation, but it is worth it to me as I like the variety and having it all the time instead of only when dressed.

It seems the biggest barrier for many is work. For me, it isn't a big deal at work and I have done quite well at work with the hair not being an issue. At my last job, the VP of finance had a pony tail. So while there are jobs where it matters, there certainly are ones where it doesn't.

AmyGaleRT
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
My fiancee likes me with long hair, so I was growing it out before she knew I was a CD. Bonus for me! :)

It's now around shoulder length, and I keep it in a ponytail in guy mode. (In my line of work, guys with ponytails are almost a cliche.) When en femme, I love wearing hair accessories like headbands and barrettes.

One day I will get it trimmed up a bit (but keep the length) so it looks better en femme, too.

- Amy

DanaR
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
I let me hair grow out about 18 years ago. My wife was not very excited about, but doesn't bother me about it anymore. At first she did, but I told her that I don't tell her how to wear her hair and she agree she probably shouldn't tell me how to wear mine. At the time when I let it grow out, I was working with a couple other guys that had long hair, so I fit in. I wear it about shoulder length or a little longer, in a bob. My avatar shows it a little longer.

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Your hair sounds fabulous, I have had long hair on occasions and it is great not having to wear a wig.

NathalieX66
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Mine's shoulder legnth.....NOT LONG ENOUGH!
I work in an office, and I can only go so far with what I can get away with. the reality is I'm not in college anymore, so I take what I can get.

Eryn
01-05-2013, 12:07 AM
I'd love to have mine long, but the in-between stage, when it's longer than normal for a guy but not long enough to tie behind, is the deal killer. The alternative is to look like one of the Monkees or to wear a hat continuously. Neither is attractive to me.

Oh and then there is the color issue. I hatehatehate going gray. GGs can just get their hair colored in really pretty colors and shadings but it isn't kosher for men. We're supposed to like looking "distinguished." The longer my hair, the more gray is evident, so I tend to keep it short just so it looks halfway decent.

Ariamythe
01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Long hair is one thing I'm not very interested in right now. I've kept my hair close-cropped short all my life, and I get irritated the moment it starts to overhang my ears. I'm not sure how I'll feel in a wig.

Lady Catherine
01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
I had really long hair when I was younger. I loved all the girly things I could do with it. (I really regret never putting it up) But as i got older it got really thin and ratty looking so now it's short and i hate it. Enjoy it as long as you can.

JadeEmber
01-05-2013, 12:59 AM
I've had long hair since I was seventeen. However, now it's starting to thin at the top. I was hoping I dodged that bullet ;). Oh well, it'll go for as long as it will go, then I'll shave it all off I suspect. Not sure how I'll feel about that, but I guess, worst case, there are wigs.

Ann Louise
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
I started growing my hair (back) out about three years ago after cutting it back in the 1980's. Now my coworkers just regard me as a hippie gone back to seed. It's down to my lower shoulder blades in back and I LOVE it. I tie it back at work, and let it down on the weekends. I absolutely don't care if someone finds it not to their taste - it's MY hair! Elfin

racquelr
01-05-2013, 02:10 AM
I love the look of long hair, both on women and on myself.
So all of my wigs are shoulder length or longer.
However, I can't stand having long hair all of the time (even when I'm dressed, I find the long hair to be annoying when I'm trying to do something and it keeps falling in my face).
When my own hair gets long, it starts to drive my nuts as it gets in my eyes.
So I keep my own hair short (which also makes it easier to hide under a wig).

donnatracey
01-05-2013, 02:16 AM
I saw a girl at a concert several weeks ago that had hair literally down to her butt. Looks like it'd be a real pain to take care of (when she sat down she had to maneuver very carefully). I can only imagine how long it took to grow that long....:straightface:

AmyGaleRT
01-05-2013, 05:30 AM
I can't stand having long hair all of the time (even when I'm dressed, I find the long hair to be annoying when I'm trying to do something and it keeps falling in my face).
When my own hair gets long, it starts to drive my nuts as it gets in my eyes.

Sometimes I get that problem. If necessary, I use a bobby pin or two to keep it up and out of my face. (Another advantage of being a CD; one isn't afraid of using the tools GGs would use to solve similar problems! :) )

- Amy

STACY B
01-05-2013, 07:37 AM

When ya got long hair you can do so much more with it than you think !!!

Jennifer in CO
01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
I can't remember the last time I had short hair - but I disagree about "all the things you can do with it". When I transitioned back in the 80's I kept my hair around shoulder length. I could do LOTS of things (styles) with it at that point. When I started letting it grow length-wise, it hit terminal length a few inches below my belt and was a braid about as big around as your wrist as it went down my back (yes I got headaches). It took my wife about 10 minutes to braid it. And that is the only "style" you could wear it...down, or braided (regular or French). There are no "styles" for super-long hair. Currently, it has crawled up my back to bra-length when braided and is about as big as your thumb....but you ask if I like it...I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jenn

GinaD
01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I've always preferred long hair. The feeling of long tresses falling down my bare back is stimulating and extremely feminine to me. Almost all of my wigs are from below my shoulders to almost my waist. I pay a lot of money for these. I wish I could grow my hair long naturally but my own hair just gets bushy.

wishing2bali
01-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Long hair all the way. I can excuse having long hair as a boy because I love metal! Sometimes, stereotypes can be useful.

Could not have said it better myself!

I'll admit there are stages I went through where I was dying to chop it just because it would be at that point where it was annoying in day to day life, but after a month or so it would pass, and now I absolutely love my length. It's currently about half way down my back. It does need trimmed but I think Ill try to stay this length for as long as I can, wife pending...

Slipstream
01-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Pretty soon I'll have NO hair. All the more reason to put on a wig........

and a skirt and pantyhose and high heels..........:heehee:

Cristi
01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
I've had really long hair (at least halfway down my back) for 20 years now. Sadly, it is getting thin enough on top, and the hairline is receding enough, that I don't think I'll be keeping it long for very much longer.

Most of the time, in 'boy' mode, I have it in a ponytail.

I've always said that if I ever cut it, I will just shave my head. That way, I still won't have to worry about haircuts, AND I'll be able to easily wear a wig when I want to.

kristinacd55
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
The main reason I like dressing as a woman is so I can show off my really long hair without anyone teasing me about my hair. My hair goes past my hips & I love doing it in all kinds of hairdos, but the hair does look best with womens clothes. What is your experience? Esther

When my wig comes off, im back to short hair so that should tell you how I feel about it. I had long hair to my shoulders back in the 70's and it got to be a pain taking care of it.

racquelr
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I saw a girl at a concert several weeks ago that had hair literally down to her butt. Looks like it'd be a real pain to take care of (when she sat down she had to maneuver very carefully). I can only imagine how long it took to grow that long....:straightface:

I always wondered how much trouble hair that long would be when using the rest room. :o

I do enjoy the feeling of long hair on my back when I'm in femme mode, but find the constant need to keep the wig brushed and tangle free can be tedious.
My wife's hair is down to her mid to lower back, and taking care of it (washing, brushing, drying, etc.) is quite a chore.
I don't know if I'd have the patience or time to do that on a daily basis.
The nice thing about a long hair wig is when the hair starts to bother me, I can just take it off. :D

Ally 2112
01-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I have had long hair since highschool which was way back in the 80's only have cut it twice once to get a really good paying job which has since left town :( .The second time was about 5 years ago when i was looking for a new career since then i have let it grow out and it is past my shoulders.When i go to work i just tie it back in a pony tail which fortunately is fine with my employer :)

~Joanne~
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I love it in my wig but not in drab. If I could wait for it to grow out long, I probably would but that's not the case ;)

pamisme
01-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I have let my hair grow down past my shoulders,and every one says i look like a gril.
I just can not tell tham thamk you. I want to but you know you can not say that is the look i was going for.

AmyGaleRT
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Heh...Stacy and Jenn reminded me of a funny...

The nurse at my doctor's office has commented on my long hair; not too long ago, she told me, "Every time I see your hair, I want to braid it!" If she mentions that again, I'm thinking of telling her, "Tell you what: if I show up here in a dress, you can braid my hair!" That ought to be good for a laugh...and an inward smile as I think about what it would be like if I actually showed up as Amy and blew her mind. :)

- Amy

AngelaKelly<3
01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
The longest my hair has ever been is shoulder-length, right now it's actually a "number 1" :heehee: so I've never actually experienced hair to the length that you are luck enough to have it.

sometimes_miss
01-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Had long hair in high school, loved it, because I could get away with it in boy mode, and style it as a girl's when I dressed as one. Now, no longer have the real thing, but thanks to those wonderful wig vendors in the far east, I have lovely blond, brown or mixed long beautiful hair. And it feels great.

Danielle_cder
01-06-2013, 02:37 AM
nope buzz cut makes the wig fit tighter;)

litangel
01-06-2013, 03:15 AM
I have hair 3" past my shoulders, and wavy, I love that I can look femme in my own hair, It is work to take care of it, but putting it in pig tails every night helps a lot with tangles.

lynnef
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
YES :) I started letting mine grow in 2004 or so, it appeared that I was a bad influence on my dad, as he started letting his go as well (he also wanted to annoy his boss... :D) so far I haven't had too much trouble with my current job about it, but people keep telling me to get it cut :( (to which I say one of the shortest words in the english language - "NO." it's not really that hard to take care of, basically wash it 2x/week, and use LOTS of conditioner,alas, it's not straight and shiny like others... so i tend to get a lot of *p00f* for a day or so afterwards...

really I don't get to do a lot of styles, because if I do anything too "cute" with it, wife says she wants to throw up :( (so basically either down or in a ponytail)