PDA

View Full Version : A new day dawning

DanielleT
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi to all,

I have wanted to start this post this for so long now. I'm not going to go into a long dicussion about how I was born as a male, but I am in real life, a female.

A sweet friend once observed to me, whatever your birth sex was has very little to do with who you really are. How you perceive yourself, is the real answer.

Some times, mother nature plays tricks on us, what you see may not be the real me, some, unfortunately hide those, downtrodden by an unrealistic and out of touch society. The saddest thing I can think of is a woman, trapped in a male body, lacking the courage or opportunity to make a statement to the world about who she really is.

While, in recent times, we have made some progress, gay men and lesbian women can legally marry in some states, we still have a ways to go.

In most states, a (genetic) male dressed as a female and appearing in public would legally be considered as indecent exposure and subject to fines and inprisionment.

M F G! Time for a change here!

All the (nat) girls that work with me are very, very supportive and I think... would have no problem with me wearing a skirt to work.

OK, group, now other girls weigh in

PretzelGirl
01-04-2013, 11:17 PM
In most states, a (genetic) male dressed as a female and appearing in public would legally be considered as indecent exposure and subject to fines and inprisionment.

I have never heard of this happening. Indecent exposure requires exposure for one thing. Do you have any links to an article on this happening?

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Likewise I have not heard of anything happening but is the law still in effect for convenience?
One angle is carrying articles of disguise. That can be used I think.
It would be interesting to get these laws clarified, considering the amount of alternate lifestyles on here.

Barbara Ella
01-04-2013, 11:57 PM
In principle I must agree we still have a long way to go, but must question the statement that "in most states...imprisonment."

I might agree that in a few states it remains a possibility. I would say that it is likely that in most states, harassing a crossdresser would not elicit any official legal action against the perpetrator, but would generate public displeasure with the crossdresser, with inaccurate news reporting of the incident.

Barbara

joank
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Not in the "Peoples Republic of (California)".

kimdl93
01-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I am not aware of any state that has laws against cross dressing. We may face cultural taboos and prejudices, but to suggest we are legally repressed is an overstatement.

Angela Campbell
01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree. For a charge of indecent exposure the genitals have to be visible.

I Am Paula
01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Many years ago in Toronto, it was illegal to portray sex organs, including breasts, except in a stage show. The early drag queens had to remove thier boobies between shows, to mingle with the audience. That's long gone, thank god. I don't know of any place in north America that CDing is illegal. In Mexico once I was asked to leave a restaurant, but that was just bigotry.-Celeste

LaraPeterson
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Laurel, I've been stopped more than once by state police in full femme regalia carrying my male ID; both times at night. Only once were there any questions and even then they seemed to be really inquisitive and not at all accusatory. In fact, one night late, while coming back to a motel in another state from a friends house, a trooper looked at my ID, halfway shined his flashlight on my face and then shined it inside the car looking down toward my very short skirt. His only comment, "Nice legs." They've seen it all and heard it all--noone intoxicated has ever had more than 2 drinks; I wouldn't worry much about going to jail, unless you think it would be a good place to meet guys :straightface: