PDA

View Full Version : The Journey, the path

Cheyenne Skye
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I occasionally get the urge to do a little creative writing and I thought I'd share this.

The Journey, the path.

How do I begin, how did this start?
They say every journey starts with a single step, but I don't remember putting my feet on the road. And now I don't know if I can turn back. The road ahead is wide open. So many new avenues ahead of me, I don't know which to choose. The straight and narrow or the path less chosen? I'm heading into the dark in search of the light. I feel around for something to hold on to, but there is nothing there. No familiar hand to hold if I get scared. And now I'm alone to navigate this endless night. As my eyes adjust to the dark, I can see it's not as empty as the void I once perceived. There are others like me out here in the open plains, trying to find their way. Our paths are different, but our destination is the same. To be at peace with ourselves, no matter what our circumstances are. And every step brings us closer to our goal. I'm starting to see a glimmer of light ahead. It leads me into a new day. I have new hope for the future. Soon I will see the path set before me and stop stumbling around in the past. But until that day arrives, I will continue moving ever slowly forward.

Nigella
01-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Lovely piece and hopefully those you meet on your journey will enlighten the way a little :)