PDA

View Full Version : A week EnFemme almost over [/rant /sigh /so many emotions]

MarcyRex
01-05-2013, 12:06 AM
The kids have been gone for a week. Wife supported and endorsed letting Marcy out in full bloom. My wife gifted me with black velvet skirt and nice but not fitting top for xmas. I practiced with makeup, nail polish, shaved legs and thorough fashion check of wardrobe. A trip to salvation army is pending. Been outside, in public, felt pretty, felt ugly, went shopping for pretty stuff (got forms and new size 13D heels&flats), embraced my wife thankful for her acceptance. It was a long trip for both of us covering the whole spectrum of denial, "I'd rather be with an abusing alcoholic than with a crossdresser"(FTR she was briefly), nonsupportive, DADT, mockery, taking the kids on outings so Marcy can come out, small gifts, better gifts, advice, fully supportive, pushing me into public eye with her by my side. Yes I told her before we were married but denial is very powerful, it wasn't discussed further.

I'll be reading up and working with wife on how best let my girls know. Officially that is; I strongly suspect they suspect. I have high hopes for thier support and acceptance as well. The CD Forum Archives is chock full of timeless advice. I really enjoyed being me, tired of splintering and consigning this part of me in the closet. This website has helped so much with my comfort and confidence, giving me the words to articulate answers to hard questions and soul searching for *what* am I? I've one last day, too cold to let the wind blow up my skirt to go barhopping, but perhaps I'll take my wife shopping.

Thank you girls one and all.
Marcy

Beverley Sims
01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I hope something good comes of it, seems a shame if the opportunity goes for nothing.

~Joanne~
01-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes, this truly is a bag of mixed emotions isn't it? I enjoyed your post and wish you the best :)

Keri L
01-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Dear Marcy,

Did you find any good books or resources on when to tell kids and how? That's how I stumbled in this site in the first place. If so, do you mind sharing?

By the way, a whole straight week en femme? That must have been a blast. I always get sad when it is time to get out the makeup remover.

Xxoo,
Cate

kimdl93
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Quite a set of experiences in one paragraph. Glad that you've reached this point in your life and marriage!

Stephanie47
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I agree that is a paragraph full of the turbulence a married cross dresser is subjected to. When I read such conflict I'm actually happy my wife adheres to a DADT policy. I'm over my self loathing. My wife has come to accept my cross dressing. She has no desire to participate in my cross dressing. But, then, she has no desire to go fishing either. There's should be plenty of room in a marriage, so neither spouse steps on the other spouse's toes. And, there are many times when we slow dance together too!

Ceri Anne
01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a healthy life. Every thing good has its ups and downs, that just makes the best parts sweeter. So glad to hear your wife is embracing Marcy after a long road. It helps give me the courage I need to come out to mine. Good luck with the daughters. From what I've read, they are easier and more accepting generally than spouses and other family members. I know mine will proabably be the easiest to accept, but she wont keep a secret, so have to come out to spouse first. Son will be a different story.