PDA

View Full Version : In Male Mode what clues to your femininity do you present?

Jamie001
01-05-2013, 03:17 PM
I my case, the only mode that I have is that of a feminine male. So for me it would be:

Femme hair style, Capri Pants or Leggings, Women's Purse. Women's Sandals sometimes with high-heels, Women's Perfume, and Professionally pedicured fire engine red toenails. When people encounter me, they know that I am definitely playing for the Girl's Team.

What are the telltale signs that you present even if they are more subtle?

Jamie

AllieSF
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM
For me on the outside are my plucked eyebrows and my clear polished nails. Undercover are my colored toe nails.

ronda
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
long hair earings breast fourms sometimes and skinny jeans Hugs Ronda

Xandra
01-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I wear a subtle shade of lipstick and wear lace panties every day. My home tends to have bright, vibrant colours like red, orange and fuscia - more associated with women than men.

Keri L
01-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Panties and a sports bra, so no wire cup shows through, underneath, and sometimes a little lip gloss or clear nail polish on nails that look a little too neat and clean, and perhaps just a bit too long!

Xxoo,
Cate

I Am Paula
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Before going full time- Skinny jeans, flats, nice top or sweater. I had a femme hairstyle for quite a while now, and have always kept my nails polished and worn femme earrings.

rata
01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Long hair ( neck - shoulder length layered girls style) , earring or holes in my ears if not wearing them, eyebrows shaped . Girls: Panties, camis, Jeans , pants , shorts ,shirts ,t shirts and any thing else I can get way with lol.

Ressie
01-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I can change my mind unexpectedly and can't parallel park. :)

Eryn
01-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Clear polished nails and a mini-messenger-bag-style purse are probably enough to make people think "hmmm." I used to worry about that, but not so much any more.

I also wear women's jeans, but they are unembellished so they don't really count. Same with the women's athletic shoes I like. They have pink or purple accent colors but these days men's shoes also have those colors.

Lady Catherine
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Mascara and nail polish.

Michaelasfun
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
My office is conservative, so I have to keep it on the DL..panties, toenails, ankle sox...

Ceri Anne
01-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I keep my fingernails manicured and clear coated with the length to the tips of fingers. Underneath I am usually in lace panties (love the ones from Soma (buy only on sale)). If I'm traveling for a few days, I paint my toes too.

Brittany CD
01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Nothing. No long hair, no coloured nails, no heels, no lingerie, nothing

JBPerry
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
bra, panties, womens jeans (that arent overtly feminine), womens tops (again not overtly feminine), clear nail polish on the fingers, painted toes

Cheryl T
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
For me it's my somewhat long and manicured nails with clear polish, my earrings (diamond studs in both ears) and my tweezed eyebrows in a nice feminine shape. Not to mention of course my completely hairless body which I have no qualms about displaying in shorts and short sleeves.

Deborah J.
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
For me it's just my plucked eyebrows. Sometimes light mascara and very subtle eye make-up.

BLUE ORCHID
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi Jamie, For me it's the eyebrows and clear nail polish hair free legs chest and arms.

Michelle 51
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
plucked eyebrows.gloss nails and shaved legs year around even in shorts at the gym or summer time and often ear studs

JadeEmber
01-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Generally I have problems with keeping things hidden, since I find it annoying. Although, I feel the normal tension most people feel as well. In any event, I typically use nail polish on my pinkie or thumb, always one color for each hand. I have worn full nail polish before, but I dislike it being brought up so much by strangers. Everything else isn't particular visible or noticeable.

Of course, some places this wouldn't be commented on much. In California and Seattle, it's a bit of a hipster thing to do (ie, AlphaNail).

Abbygirl
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM
For me the visible things are: bra-strap length colored/highlighted hair, both ears pierced, eyebrows semi-plucked (not overtly fem but certainly not bushy and wild), no hair on hands, forearm hair 50% epilated, nails out to fingertips and usually manicured. Polka dot cell phone cover, pink cigarette lighter. If this counts I always use girly-smelling shampoo/conditioner, bodywash and antiperspirant too.

LaraPeterson
01-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi Jamie, I have a completely shaved body all the time and it becomes pretty apparent during the summer months when my skin is shiny and tanned; I wear a clear, glossy sealer on my fingernails all the time and they are a little long for a guy; if I happen to be somewhere with my shoes off and no socks, my toenails give me away because they are almost always red or pink, I have toe rings and most of the time I wear an ankle bracelet. My eyebrows are trimmed and shaped as well. Most of the time, even in drab mode, I wear a bra and breast forms (albeit with a loose fitting shirt) which fill out a C cup pretty well. It is getting harder for me to hide my femininity for these reasons. I don't think it will be very long before I go full time.

Sophie_C
01-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Body language, vocal tone - if I don't control it enough, it's pretty obvious. Also, I must control what I buy, since it tends to err on the feminine side. I saw an amazing coat a while back that I almost purchased, but then realized that it was femme to the bone.

AmyGaleRT
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
You might think it's the long ponytail in my hair, but plenty of guys do that, too. Anyone who asks gets told, "My fiancee likes it," which she does.

You'd have to look closely to see that my fingernails are a bit long, and a bit shiny (from the Sally Hansen nail hardener on them), and that my arms are pretty much devoid of hair.

You probably wouldn't see my shaved legs under my pant legs, or my painted toenails under my socks and shoes.

You'd likely never figure out that this guy is hiding a lady. Excellent. All according to plan. :D

- Amy

outhiking
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
For me on the outside are my plucked eyebrows and my clear polished nails. Undercover are my colored toe nails.

Same here along with thinned out hair on my arms.

Jessica Who
01-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Arched eyebrows, I wear cubic zirconia stud earrings, I moisturize and use eye cream and I shave my body hair.

Janelle_C
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Pierced ears, long hair it just past my shoulders, long finger nails. I started to pluck my eyebrows, have no hair left on my hands and most the hair on my arms is gone. I started to carry a bag about a year and a half ago. Now that I wrote these all down I can't be live that people that know me haven't guessed by now.

Rhonda Ann
01-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Long finger nails (just past the finger tip sometimes a little longer. My right index broke the other day and I am pissed lol) manicured, seldom but sometimes clear nail polish, semi-plucked eyebrows, toe nails painted always(when they starts to look bad, I remove the old polish and replace immediately), panties always, sometimes I am told I sit like a girl (when I'm not thinking about what I'm doing) and I have been told I hold my cigarette like a girl.

sometimes_miss
01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't have any 'tells' that I know of, other than reading the girl's magazines and catalogs at work, but I'm pretty sure that everyone thinks I'm just looking at the pretty girls in the pictures.
Edit: have to add, the few who know I CD always point to the profession I chose, basically a female dominated workplace. But that wasn't the reason I chose it, I simply liked the next level up of work, but wasn't able to attain that position due to my late entry into the field where you have to start in the educational stage at an early age. So I 'settled' for a lower job title to enable myself to be in a field that I love, even if it means being in a subordinate position.

MsKimiko
01-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Nothing. I like to keep my male and female persona completely different.

Claire Cook
01-06-2013, 05:46 AM
For me it's my somewhat long and manicured nails with clear polish, my earrings (diamond studs in both ears) and my tweezed eyebrows in a nice feminine shape. Not to mention of course my completely hairless body which I have no qualms about displaying in shorts and short sleeves.

Same here, sans manicure. Well, have to fix that ....

stephNE
01-06-2013, 06:08 AM
I think mine like everyones answers are pretty much the same: plucked brows and long finger nails. But occasionally, if I'm thinking about or studying something, I catch my self standing with my hand on hip, not very masculine.

becky77
01-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Shaved body parts like arms, plucked eyebrows, shapely nails, stud earings or at least the holes and probably mannerisms and the way I stand etc though I have tried to hide that. Individually not much but all together? Yet no one really looks that close usually, they probably think I'm either well groomed and modern or just a little effeminate.

Tracy - new dresser
01-06-2013, 06:42 AM
ummm i suck lol i only have shaved legs, but i wear womens jeans, shorts and have hot pink, baby blue, white canvas shoes that are all very fem :) but im hopefully gettin my ears done soon ! :O

AshleyScott
01-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Mes amis, bonjour...

At this time of year... very skinny "Pepe" jeans and 3.5" heeled booties :battingeyelashes:

winny
01-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Let's see... Painted toenails, flowery havaianas flip-flops, skinny bootcut jeans, my noticeable bra under shirts, a little lipstick, neatly trimmed eyebrows, watches designed for women, jewelry, and my manicured fingernails. From afar, just a ordinary fellow..closer in, someone special..

PretzelGirl
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
It is interesting what we think are clues sometimes. Some of the things we do are clues and other things may not be noticeable or are just a different male grooming technique. For instance eye brows. I clean the edges of mine up and trim back the wild ones, but I don't shape them or thin them out. Probably not something I would call a clue. The same for nails that only extend past the end of a finger a little bit. Men can have good nails. But if you start putting clear coat on them, all bets are off.

So for me, the brows aren't an issue but the nails are as they probably get a little too long at times and are shiny. Long hair and earrings are also male traits but contribute to the overall hmmm factor if something else draws attention. I have gone through laser and electrolysis so there is the attention getter that makes other things get the hmmm factor. I also wear more male jewelry than I used to which may not be an issue, but when things start adding up, who knows?

Kate Simmons
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Not very many unless you know me. I basically "hide in plain sight" but my transformations are always radically different than my male mode. :)

JerriSC
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Plucked eyebrows are about it. Legs are shaved and my toe nails are usually polished..but that is hidden from view.

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Painter toe nails & shaved legs also, but they are hidden.

Beverley Sims
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Usually clothing and well manicured nails and clean shaven face.
Makes me look 10 years younger.

bridget thronton
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Long hair, shaped eye brows, and lack of hair on my arms and legs

Lee Andrews
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd say the earrings, shaped brows thanks to my Wife and her shop and the trimmed body hair (legs, chest, etc). If anyone has figured it out they haven't said anything.

Being Paige
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I have my eyebrows thinned and shaped, my underarms are waxed hair free, I wear purfume daily, I also wear womens jeans, legging's and tops sometimes a bra with small forms, I will also wear eye makeup and lip gloss/ lipstick.

kimdl93
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
No obvious signs hen I'm working as a male...but underneath I'm wearing panties and stockings. Those physical trappings are something of a reminder for me that I can express my feminine nature in other ways too...and as I commented on another thread today, these can include the ways I interact with others, my choices and my judgments. In so,e sense, I'm learning to incorporate a higher degree of emotional intelligence into my life..to be more self aware and more aware of the way other people think and feel. That's not uniquely feminine, but arguably something many males seem to lack.

VikkiDave
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
For me it's the fact that all my nails are usually longer than my fingers/toes and are buffed within an inch of their life. In addition my legs are hairless or look hairless thanks to epilating (it makes it fun in shorts in summer when I wear sandals), and I tidy my eyebrows from their natural monobrow state. Finally I usually find that I sway my 'child bearing' hips when I walk.

kayesimone
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
shaped eyebrows, plumping clear lip gloss, longer hair, a hint of mascara and a lack of body hair...nails buffed shiny and i do tend to wear womens pants. i do tend to be a little chatty with comments that come off a bit femme as well as some of my body language. if out shopping i do go a little cuter. underneath are panties and a cmi...thats about normal...

Brenn
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I frequently wear mary-janes or ballet flats (like my avatar) with pantyhose. Most of my shorts and a few pants are from the women's racks. I will occasionally wear Keds, although that was the first thing I wore publicly years ago. I also wear women's leggings or tights and running shoes when working out. Have never had a negative comment, just an occasional double-take.

Julie Denier
01-06-2013, 03:27 PM
No crossover for me -- I'm either all guy or all girl ;)

Erica Marie
01-06-2013, 03:31 PM
For me it is working out 6 times a week attempting to keep a slender figure without cluing anyone in. Also I keep my legs and underarms shave. Besides that it would be things like underdressing that are noticable to the public.

PrettyFlowingGown
01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
shaved legs/chest/arms
I wear perfume
I colour toe-nails

LisaSue
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Definitely my posture, especially the way I cross my legs. Also certain mannerisms and gestures I use often.

Joanie_Shakti
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I have shaved legs and wear shorts year round except on really cold days. I often have painted toenails, clear anymore, but for a while I was rocking French tips. Got paranoid a few months ago when I ran into a coworker and his wife in the grocery. There was a produce counter between us, but I was afraid his wife would notice my toenails.

I sometimes wear a toe ring and a light dusting of beige on my eyelids. Had semi-shaped eyebrows but have been too lazy to keep it up lately, so I've just been plucking the unibrow and any really stray hairs.

And underdressing at all times away from work. Again, got paranoid a few months ago and haven't worn panties to work since.

celeste26
01-06-2013, 06:35 PM
I have acrylic nails and even in drab they are there to see. I also have longer hair. Other than that I have no visible signs. I certainly dont flash my undies for others to see.

Sara Jessica
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't know, you'd have to ask my elephant.

Jessica86
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Shaved arms and legs. Some times, my location. Why else would a guy be by himself in Sephora??

Vickie_CDTV
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Manicured nails, and a complete lack of any body hair (and my hairless arms and legs are visible almost year round.) I have been told many times I still don't look at all feminine at all as a male, though.

Tiffany Ember
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
For me it's my shaved legs and arms, my manicured hands and the earrings I wear on both ears. So far no one outside of my fiancé knows of Tiffany yet.

MissTee
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
No crossover for me -- I'm either all guy or all girl ;)

Same here. My secret identity requires I keep things well hidden, and change only in phone booths . . .

Diane Smith
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Not sure I can count everything ... Hairless legs and arms. Long hair dyed platinum blonde. Shaped eyebrows. Permanent eyeliner and gray eyeshadow, pink lips. Multiply pierced ears and nose (but don't wear jewelry in boy mode, just holes visible). L-o-n-g acrylic nails, either pink and white or sometimes polished. 4" heels usually.

You'd have to be pretty blind or ignorant not to pick up on at least some of these tells.

- Diane

brenne
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Just that my hair's getting longer, and I have different colored shirts available to add to my male garb.

donnatracey
01-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Since I am "hair-challenged" on top I try to make up for it in other ways: shaved arms/legs, regular pedis w/color, clear polish on fingernails, eye shadow, trimmed/plucked eyebrows (also use pencil - hate those pesky gray hairs!), mascara, light lipstick, fem fragrance, ankle bracelet, ladies watch/wallet. Panties 24/7, girlie jeans/tops and socks/loafers. I walk on a regular basis and usually count anywhere from 10-15 fem articles on me. If I wasn't so afraid of this "passing" thing I'd just put on my wig and be done with it.....:o Seriously considering getting my ears pierced, even at my advanced age....

shycheri
01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
For me it would be long hair about 5 inch's below the shoulders and my 7 ear piercings .I seem to have a bit of a earring fetish.

moniqueCD21
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Shaved arms/legs/underarms. Had friends call me out on it but explained that its more hygenic by not sweating as much lol.

Aylineira
01-07-2013, 02:32 AM
What an interesting thread! Sometimes I will slip and speak in my female voice. I will also stand in a pose that is more feminine than male (if you get what I mean.. hard to explain). Also when I go do something and I hit my fingernail against something, I immediately check to see if my nail is OK.

Tara D. Rose
01-07-2013, 02:53 AM
There has been times when my wife and I have been entertaining guest's. And we would all indulge in mutual talk about life and living. And it has happened, where I would be talking and suddenly I would find myself talking and gesturing like I was Tara and I would see and hear this, but I would keep talking on my view point and tried to shake away from the fem self that only I caught myself doing.
Later on in the evening, I would ask my wife if she noticed that, and she said yes she did notice the voice and mannerisms had changed suddenly and wondered how our guest's had not picked up on it. Even when I caught myself and heard and saw it myself, I would try to work so hard to move away from what I was realizing, and I couldn't stop it at all. But I would just finish what I was saying and when others were talking, I would give deep thought to only what I saw or that my wife did see, and I would pull myself together, while another person was talking, and then when I spoke the next time, it was very different, like in my man mode. I began to see, that sometimes, I slip in and out subconsciously from Tara to guy mode, and sometimes, I cannot help it at all. i give thought to that right now and look back on my life, and I ask myself questions. Did the bullies see something in me that I didn't recognize myself?

jamiesurreal
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
How do you 50% epilate your forearm hair? I've been trying to figure that one out. I've tried it before by holding it further away from the skin and thought it hurt more than just epilating normal.

Diversity
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Panties. Sometimes ladies jeans and a questionably feminine blouse/shirt, and sandals.
Di

Rogina B
01-08-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't "purposely" give away any clues...But,I do have upper and lower earrings in each ear,arced,thin brows,no hair on my hands and arms and if I was to "get naked" my hairless body and smooth legs with nicely done toenails might become obvious. But I hide my long fingernails often with dirt,grime and grease,so no one will notice that they don't often see a nail clipper. Probably for all I have told about,the double earrings may give off the biggest hint that there is more going on inside my head than being a dirty boy,and that doesn't bother me and some people seem nicer to me for that.

Frédérique
01-08-2013, 12:11 PM
In Male Mode what clues to your femininity do you present? What are the telltale signs that you present even if they are more subtle?

I'll tell ya... I decry violence. I decry ugliness. I cry when I see something beautiful. I cross my legs at the knee, especially if there are any typical males around. I read body language. I stop to smell the flowers. If I see an interesting rock, I don’t pick it up and throw it at something; I examine it, put it in my pocket (if I have one) and take it home. I feel sorry for inanimate objects. I don’t do any grilling. I don’t drink anything out of the bottle. I admire cats. I never say “A BUCK thirty-two” when I mean 132. My idea of fantasy has nothing to do with sports. Fear of intimacy has never crossed my mind. I don’t like messes, and I don’t make messes. I don't like loud noises. I don't scream "WOOHOO!!!" at every opportunity. I don’t think in black and white, in fact I think sideways at all times – as such, people (other men) think I’m strange…

But, I must say, I am very much a MALE. I like to see rockets being launched, or cannons being fired, or something being propelled out of the end of a cylindrical barrel of some sort, and I don’t care where it lands, whatever it may be – why is that?
:idontknow:

Maria S
01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Traces of nail polish, lack of body hair and taking probably too much interest in what female characters are wearing on TV.

Maria

SandraV
01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
For me its lack of body hair, thinned eye brows (my poor attempt at shaping them), my usual posture while standing and sitting (crossed legs). On the more hidden side, colored toe nails, and my usual daily underdressing.

Now, the strange thing about all this is that, before my wife knew, I would still do most of these things (save for the ongoing leg shaving) and she never really thought much of it. Or maybe unconsciously wished it away. Who knows. Now that she knows she's commented out loud to herself on more than one occasion "how could I have missed that". Just the other day while looking at a very recent pic of us she said "you know, now that I know, I can definitely see your fem side". Mind you, this was just a pic of us two together our friend took from across the table. I asked why she said that and she couldn't explain. Guess i give out that girly vibe if you care to observe... :battingeyelashes:

Tess
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Female deodorant, perfume most days, legs shaved when it is shorts weather (about 3/4 of the year here), and super shinny buffed toe nails. I also wear brighter or more feminine colors.

ArleneRaquel
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
In male or female mode I wear female eye wear, usually a frame in cat's eye style. But I'm not very often in male mode.

YorkshireRose
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
For me its a light sprinkling of a nice female perfume or deodrant, depending on whether im working or not.

Marcyme
01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Well....bob hairstyle with bangs and multiple colors weaved throughout, waxed and tinted eye brows, small hoop earrings, and some body language.....that is me everyday. Some days I add perfume and cute/tall shoes.

RitaCD
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Probably way to many clues.

On the outside it's thinned & shaped eyebrows, clear polish on longer than typical male nails, shaved arm hair, women's jeans and loafers, perfume, and maybe the body language. I cross my legs like a lady and have a feminine sway in my walk.

Underneath it's all shaved, panties, cami, and maybe thigh highs.

ashley-2501
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
The only clue that my male mode has is woman deodorant. Other than that I try to keep them separated. but some of my body language come off as feminine although it is not really a discernible clue.

litangel
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
This is a little bit of a different question for me. I have no need to pass as male or female. But I do have a male mode and androgynous mode as well as femme. When in male mode, mostly at 2 out of my 3 jobs, if it rains, I only have 1 raincoat, it is hot pink plastic. (it rains a lot in Oregon), and actually a number of my coats are pretty femme. I think that how I move my body might be a clue too.

joan47
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
from the head down

thin shaped eyebrows
hoop earrings
lip gloss
perfume
light make-up
no hair on arms, legs or anywhere
long arylic nails with a light transparent pink polish
padded bra and panties
junior very tight boot cut, skinny jeans or leggings with tall boots
always womens shoes
painted toe nails

I feel feminine so why not dress feminine...

I try to have at least 90% womens clothes on at all times

Richelle
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
For me the list is:

Long Dangling earing's
Colored GEL nail polish on fingers and toes
Womens sandals to show off my toes
Women's tops with V or scoop neck
clutch purse
feminine styled hair and hair clips

Richelle

joan47
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh I forgot in the summer I wear and ankle braclet and girls shorts and t's, even with a NON padded bra

famousunknown
01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Femme hair style, Capri Pants or Leggings, Women's Purse. Women's Sandals sometimes with high-heels, Women's Perfume, and Professionally pedicured fire engine red toenails. When people encounter me, they know that I am definitely playing for the Girl's Team.

Just curious - how often do people ask you if you're gay?

lilly_anne
01-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I would have to say that my nails are pretty fem. They are just about always buffed down and have a nice shine to them. Nail art is a hobbie of mine. I wax my legs too so I guess that's another one. That's all though, I'm not super feminine but I am working on it. I have had people assume that I am gay so maybie their is something that i do that I don't see.

Jamie001
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Just curious - how often do people ask you if you're gay?

Any male that incorporates feminine articles will most likely be thought of as gay because most people don't understand transgendered and what it means. All of my friends know me and they know that I am not gay. I don't know what strangers think and I really don't care. We can't live our lives worrying about what other folks think because it would be no better than living in a prison. One of the most important lessons in this life is to learn to be yourself and to be comfortable with yourself.

Jodi Anne
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Women's Perfume, and sometimes if I wear the wrong style shirt thet can clearly see I have a B cup hanging there.

brenne
01-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Any male that incorporates feminine articles will most likely be thought of as gay because most people don't understand transgendered and what it means. All of my friends know me and they know that I am not gay. I don't know what strangers think and I really don't care. We can't live our lives worrying about what other folks think because it would be no better than living in a prison. One of the most important lessons in this life is to learn to be yourself and to be comfortable with yourself.

A LOT of gay dudes want nothing to do with femininity or women's clothing articles. "I'm a MAN, and I like MEN!" is their attitude.

lowxr
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I can change my mind unexpectedly and can't parallel park.

But only because you have a BLOND wig !!!!!

Jamie001
01-11-2013, 12:05 AM
A LOT of gay dudes want nothing to do with femininity or women's clothing articles. "I'm a MAN, and I like MEN!" is their attitude.

Yes that is very true, however the average Joe and Jane on the street have lived a very sheltered life and don't even know any gay people, so they assume that anyone that presents even a slightly feminine manner is gay.

jessi
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I am more expressive (facial expressions, gestures, word choice) than a typical male, although I do have a deep baritone voice. I smile a lot. I have somewhat feminine body (slim, narrow torso/waist, proportionally big butt/hips. little body hair) and I get mistaken for a woman frequently. I don't do anything particularly feminine in my usual dress or grooming, except I do have my barber trim my eyebrows. I have some custom made dress shirts that could easily be women's shirts except for the placement of the placket/buttons. Even a men's slim fit shirt hangs like a tent on me.

Suzy Parker
01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
"In Male Mode what clues to your femininity do you present?"

Noe, Absoluely Zero. At least none that I am aware of. When I am in male mode me caveman, mechanic, carpenter, electrician, plumber, pack mule, and the list goes on......

MichelleH
01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
I do my own acrylic nails and keep them medium long with french tips. Usually I wear clear nail polish but sometimes I have a matte finish. I rarely get any comments, but a waitress did tell me how nice they looked yesterday.

M

anastasiafantasia
01-18-2013, 04:38 PM
I dye my hair every so often which i guess some guys do but mostly is a female preserve.Also the odd bit of foundation on my face to give it a bit of life and to cover my flaws on occassion.I'm also rather fond of bright, lively coloured (Sometimes coupled with prints) casual mens' shirts which admitted are more commonplace nowadays but brighten up my days en homme nevertheless.I also shave pretty much all extraneous body hair summer or winter (when i can be bothered).

Jenniferathome
01-18-2013, 04:38 PM
absolutely none. Not because I am afraid but I'm a dude.

NathalieX66
01-18-2013, 04:42 PM
At work, I wear a plastic C-band on my head to brush back my hair (which is more comfortable than a ponytail), and typically purple V-neck sweaters. Outside of work, the cubic zirconia earring studs go in. I typically wear womens' jeans and some every androgynous tops that I buy in the women's department.

wilt575
01-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Mother nature provided me with wide fem hips and curvy booty my contribution totally shaved, also completely under dress with and without forms, shoulder length fem hair style nipples piercied, jeans short shorts. Next step thinking about breast implants and giving up male mode, would be easier than going back and forth. enjoy fem mode better, except for work.

Fiona K
01-18-2013, 05:12 PM
None that muggles can spot.
Anyone I've come out to has been shocked. Of course once they know they spot the tidy eyebrows and nails perhaps.

CharlotteW
01-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Bearing in mind I was brought up as a real hard-knock and most people think of me as just that.

Always have very tidy eyebrows, probably way too tidy :), slightly girly ear-rings, usually wearing femme jeans (think I only own one pairs of men's jeans), and after a shower I seldom wear men's aftershave, nearly always a perfume and women lurrrrve it too :)

Very often wear girly shoes with the baggy girly jeans but with a man's shirt and something else to keep me warm. 90% of the time I'm wearing tights (whatever colour suits my mood and what I'm wearing), sometime wear knee highs (yeh I know:( ) and on the odd occasion stockings...if I have run out of tights.

Absolutely nobody say's a word about it to me anymore although I do control it when with certain people ie alpha-male friends.

allesha10
01-18-2013, 09:24 PM
About the only thing I am brave enough to do is somewhat shape by eyebrows an shave my body. I get too nervous when I have gone out with even just panties on underneath.

Vanessa Amber420
01-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Trimmed arm hair. Female deordorant, clear polish on my nails.

MonicaCD
01-19-2013, 08:37 AM
If I'm in male mode, which is most of the time, I don't present many clues.

My eyebrows are neat and gently shaped (plucked). I have clear polish on my finger nails. I put cherry Chapstick on my lips which adds a touch of color (and leaves lip prints on my coffee mug :). I use fragranced body cream in the morning. I take care of my skin.

Last week, though, I wore Lee Rider slacks every day to work (jeans two days, khaki slacks two days, and navy slacks yesterday). Except for the pockets, they are practically indistinguishable from my 'guy' pants, and with a sweater even that difference is obscured. Some may ask "What's the point?" but at least I know I'm wearing women's clothes.

Juliana Hart
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
My ears are double-pierced, my real hair is collar-length with a fem style, I get my real nails done every two weeks with some type of color and my brows are waxed thin and arched every month.

rodybaby
03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
i would say my nails and all my body hair is shaven:))) also me and my wife are looking at girl clothes for me i have gotten some funny stares before:)

Cary
03-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I pay too much attention to what women are wearing by looking at them way too long in public. I compliment them on their clothes,shoe, hair,etc.

Jamie001
03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
My normal feminine-male mode: Capri pants, women's sandals, professionally pedicured fire engine red toenails, women's purse, shaved arms and legs, femme perfume, femme hairstyle. There is no doubt that I'm playing for the girls team. I'm the male equivalent of a Tomboy.

DeidraDee63
03-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Mother Nature helped me, I'm only 5'7" weigh about 145,dress size 8-10, my hands are small, my shoe size is ladies 9. I have had full facial hair laser so I have no beard shadow to worry about. My eyebrows are trimmed and I usually style my hair with bangs. I was not blessed with broad shoulders. Sometimes when excited my voice easily goes girly. When I cross my legs it is always at the knees an act that comes naturally.
Very interesting thread.

Taylor186
03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Well I do trim and pluck my eyebrows, but not overly so.
I trim (but not shave) my arm hair.
I never have a beard or even side burns whether in fashion or not.
I shave my legs.
My denim summer shorts, that I wear around the house and while working in the yard, come right from the juniors dept.
Sometimes my nails are longer and manicured with a flat clear polish, and sometimes not.
In the summer I wear semi-sheer black tights with short lycra shorts to yoga.
I never talk sports.
I hang with the gals at a party, never the men.
I'm often thought to be gay by many people I meet even though I am married. (not that cd = gay; but the GP often thinks it does.)

[edit: forgot, I shave my armpits always. This is obvious to anyone around me in all yoga poses with arms out or up: of which we do many]

Jenni Yumiko
03-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Shaved legs, shaved pits and I'm "petite" >:-(

winny
03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Let's see... Girl jeans, women's watch, pink wallet, painted toenails thinned eyebrows, are every day.. sometimes lipstick, fingernail polish..

Carmen
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I shave every day.
I maintain my eyebrows in a slightly femme curve.
My fingernails are long and manicured.
My waistline is 9 inches smaller than my hips.
When I walk and climb stairs my hips move in a mildly female fashion, (I have to keep that in one check!)
I practice keeping my elbows close to my body. and fingers always together.
I walk with my legs and feet close together.

suchacutie
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Since I'm bigendered, I have no interest in showing my femininity when presenting as a male. However, there are some compromises that must happen, most required if I want to be able to present as a woman successully:

1) my eyebrows are trimmed and somewhat arched.
2) my eyelashes are longish from washing them with baby shampoo every day.
3) I have no ear hair!!!! Have you noticed how few men over 60 keep their ears free of hair????? Almost none!
4) My waist is narrower than my hips (even fewere men over 60 can say this).
5) My skin is just fantastic! Again, just look at the men over 60 and smile.
6) My deportment is terrific! Have you noticed how many men over 60 are stooped when they walk? (aren't heels wonderful!)
7) Ok....my jeans are women's jeans. Heck, they just look better and my wife hates the way male jeans fit me.
8) My shirts and ties are not boring! Yes, purple and pink dress shirts are a part of the mix, and killer ties!
9) My nails are buffed or have matte-finish polish. Ok, it is needed since the fungal infection I had, but no one knows that.
10) Lastly, I know too much. Yes, I can claim that after 40 years of marriage I shouldn't be entirely ignorant, but that's not the only reason I know too much.:)

Now, any one of those is not a big deal, but if anyone wanted to put all that together (they haven't) it might raise some eyebrows!

MonicaCD
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Let's see. I'm into the 'stealth' dressing, and try to form as much of my outfit as I can get away with from women's wear.

I wear Lee Rider khakis or jeans, women's dress or trouser socks, and sometimes a pair of women's Oxford shoes.

On top it's more a matter of color selection than a particular clothing item. V-necked sweater with a flash of accent color at the neck.

My brows are neat but not overly plucked. My fingernails are shaped but not long, and buffed. and yes, I regularly keep up with ear and nose hair removal.

I enjoy it :)

Geena75
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I've really only begun to realize my feminine side in the past week -- I always thought I had an occasional fetish, the urge to be kinky. But in this last week I started catching myself keeping my knees together more and standing differently. I do feel different.

The biggest thing is that I can't get my mind off dressing up -- and looking for opportunities since I am really in the closet.

Alison_Mathers
03-19-2013, 10:51 PM
I were girls jeans full time (no one has noticed). I also where a non-wire t-shirt bra under my shirt (sometimes a cami if it matches my shirt). For makeup, I have clear mascara which shows off my long lashes and I use a foundation that matches my skin tone. My wife can't even tell I'm wearing makeup and she knows to look. She does say that my face looks better. As far as jewelry, I have a serpentine chain with a charm (Butterfly with saying "Be the Change". I thought this was appropriate.) and an unisex diamond ring. I also put a clear polish on my fingernails. If anyone notices, I just tell them that I'm trying to not bite my nails (Which is true. Always been a nail biter).

ArleneRaquel
03-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm not in male mode very often, but I always wear female eye glass frames, never unisex, almost always cat's eye frames.

susanmiller64
03-25-2013, 04:31 PM
I keep my toe nails painted red all the time have for several years.

punkypunk
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Black nail polish, a nice bracelet, long hair a high ponytail. I also have very feminine mannerisms which i don't bother trying to hide. If anybody's noticed they haven't said anything. But even as a male (and huge motley crue fan) i present as androgynous so i guess that makes things a bit easier.

Soriya
03-25-2013, 05:37 PM
In male mode which is 98% of the time, the biggest clue is the natural shape of the lower half of my body especially now that I have lost weight. Round 'bubble' butt and all though the sides of my hips are not really feminine, they curve in a very round feminine fashion into my waist line

I shave my body hair but I guess I am in the minority. I don't see that as feminine as I started doing it when I was heavy into muscle building and preferred it so i kept doing it in general. As a note to those worried about shaving their arm hair, take a look around, there are many guys out there that shave theirs and not even body builders.

Jamie001
03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
I keep my toe nails painted red all the time have for several years.

Susan,

When you are in male mode do you expose your red toenails in sandals so that everyone can see, or do you keep them hidden under socks? As a feminine male living in a warm climate my red toenails are always almost exposed in women's sandals. I get a lot of compliments from women.

PaulaQ
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
I was going to say that I leave no clues. But I shave my legs. Doh! But I never show my legs in male mode - ever. So I'm not sure if that counts or not, but there you have it!

CarmenSkye
03-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Not really a BIG clue, but I love high fashion. Especially women's fashion. I talk fashion with my mom all the time... but to be fair I cover it up and talk about men's fashion too. I compare myself to Kanye West all the time haha.

MssHyde
03-26-2013, 03:34 PM
both of my ears are double pierced, eyebrows are plucked, I wear more rings then any guys then any guy's I know, also I cross my legs above the knees, to top that off I wear two toe rings 24-7 also toe nail polish

sheilagirl
03-26-2013, 03:45 PM
I have long hair. No facial hair. Ears pierced. At least some, make-up everyday.
I am a very good listener, I ask questions and give compliments about clothing
and appearance, often. All the women that I've ever been with have thought that I
have great taste in clothes and accessories. I try to be gentle with people.

LSL_Dee
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Lets work from head to toe, Hair is cut in a femme style but can be male if it has to be, very light beard that is always shaved smooth. Make up about 25% of the time (and going up :) ) earrings all the time, female necklace all the time, mani and pedi, and shaved legs of course. I interwear a lot of femme clothes into my drab waredrobe and what would a girl do without a purse to carry all her stuff.

Dee

LSL_Dee
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
You and me both sis.
Susan,

When you are in male mode do you expose your red toenails in sandals so that everyone can see, or do you keep them hidden under socks? As a feminine male living in a warm climate my red toenails are always almost exposed in women's sandals. I get a lot of compliments from women.

Julie Denier
03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I posted earlier on this string that I'm either all guy or all girl -- which is true, but after reading some of the other responses, I thought I'd add a few stealth things I do to enhance my dressing times ...

- I am diligent with skin care -- my face at least, and moisturize daily.
- I give my eyelashes an occasional rinse with baby shampoo to stimulate growth.
- I keep my brows trimmed and pluck the strays to hinder unibrow.
- I keep fit for weight loss and toned legs.

NV Susan
03-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Clues I reveal......I use female shampoo, body wash, & deodorant. My fingernails are a little long... Shave my underarms & chest.... When not working wear girls jeans {not to fem} Easy Spirit walking shoes or other girls shoes and socks. Always wear panties and usually a bra {guess it shows under some of my male and female tops}. Also my working slacks are female.

Guess I'm cross dressed all the time....

Richelle423
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
for me panties, women's jeans ,women' shoes ,clear nail polish and a womens sweat shirt so far..

mona lisa
03-27-2013, 04:29 PM
When in guy mode (which is the lions share of the time) when the weather is nice, I will wear sandals and show off my pedicured toenails painted a dark colour like dark blue (as they are at the moment).

ActuallyMichaela
03-30-2013, 07:34 AM
I only wear tight jeans, mostly male skinny jeans but sometimes women's jeans. I like scarves, especially in the winter, I groom myself pretty well. I've been told I care way too much about clothes and shoes as a guy.

Anneliese
03-30-2013, 07:46 AM
I wear women's jeans every day. Have for years. I cross my legs when I sit. Have done this my entire life. Sitting without crossing my legs hurts my back. Sometimes, without thinking, I walk with my practiced woman's walk. I have long hair. Thanks to soy and fennel seeds, I have B size breasts, and ALL my clothes are almost as tight as I can fit into, so they show. Although I can talk sports with the best of them, I canNOT talk cars and I loathe action/macho movies, preferring low-tech character studies. Only once in my life have I ever chased a woman, and that was when who later became my ex was chasing me (My Mom said finding a girlfriend was going to be the only way the ex would leave me alone...on the rebound, I let her catch me. All the (ten) other women I've been with have practically propositioned me) I love yoga and essential oils. I have never gone out fully dressed, but someday...

Hannah Gotta
03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
The panties peeking out from my jeans...
I also completely shave my body and groom my eyebrows.

Love, Hannah

CarmenSkye
03-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I only wear tight jeans, mostly male skinny jeans but sometimes women's jeans. I like scarves, especially in the winter, I groom myself pretty well. I've been told I care way too much about clothes and shoes as a guy.

I wear tight jeans too. Not women's, but tight nonetheless. I'm the same way though, I take to much care of myself for a guy... I love scarves too! Lol

Jenniferathome
03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Absolutely none. And not by conscious choice. just the way it is.