PDA

View Full Version : Sissy vs Transvestite? Is there a difference? What is cross-dressing for you?

FredLofthefuture
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm new to the world of cross-dressing, and am not yet sure what "cross-dressing" is to me.

The idea of cross-dressing for role-playing as a sissy maid, or for BDSM sounds appealing. However I'm not sure if I would cross-dress on my own, or in the outside world.

I'm not sure if its just a sexual fetish object, or if there is more to it than that.

Those that have more experience, could you please share your experiences?

Did you start cross-dressing just as role-playing, but then it became more than that?

Angela Campbell
01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I never was interested in role playing, I started because at a young age I knew I wanted to be a girl.

AmyGaleRT
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
You're going to get all kinds of answers on this one, Fred, as the reasons people dress are many and varied.

I started, mostly, with nightgowns, which is almost a classic fetish pattern. However, I tried moving from those into dresses, and found that I wasn't "turned on" as such, but I felt happy and comfortable, and something about the way it felt felt right. This led to more of these, and building the kind of presentation that could let "Amy" enter the real world...but not as a "sissy" or a "maid," but rather as a reasonably-competent woman. It goes both ways, too; now I can slip into a silky nightie and not go into immediate arousal, but just feel happy and femme. I guess this is "maturity," after a fashion.

- Amy

Tiffany Grace
01-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't know what cross-dressing is either, I just know I love wearing women's clothing. I don't have a conscious reason for it, that i know of, it is just a part of who I am. Wish you the best. It is one of those journeys that one starts and for most people there is not turning back. Dress at your own risk. Different folks approach it from different levels. The deeper you go the more fem it gets. Some find dressing a way of experimenting with their feminine side, others dive deep into all aspects of femininity.

Jenniferathome
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Cross dressing is not related to role playing or BDSM. Some may CD during those activities but that is a fetish thing, not a cross dressing thing. I've never been interested in any fetish behavior. I am just a cross dresser.

abbie_lynn
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
To be honest, the 'sissy' thing never really appealed to me too much. Certainly at times it was a bit 'erotic', but interestingly enough as my 'girl side' has gotten stronger any interest in that flavor of material has diminished.

Ann Louise
01-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I started dressing as young child who had only the vaguest notions of what sex was. Thereafter, as i secretly dressed on and off through my twenties and thirties, I must say it was an Enormous sexual turn-on at times (and I wouldn't trade those experiences off for anything!). But now that I'm "older" I dress simply because I love to. I feel so much more at peace with myself now as my feminine self, even drawing on an inner sense of strength and equanimity that's not as available to me otherwise. I would imagine that many of us have grown through TV to CD to TG periods as we've lived our lives. So yes, it did become more than that, and I'm very thankful it did. Elfin

Karren H
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I have to wear womens clothing.... but I don't consider myself a sissy.... I don't get the whole sissy thing personally....

NathalieX66
01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
I never was interested in role playing, I started because at a young age I knew I wanted to be a girl.

I was/am into role play , to an extent (.....my little girl thing.....you know, human imagination), but I finally realized it had nothing to do with expressing myself as the other gender. That part got me to where I am now.

Nowadays , I just prefer to be just the average woman. It's the social side of me. It feels great!

Xandra
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Must confess, the role playing appeals to me - as does the BDSM; but I like to wear women's clothes because they just feel right.

Jessica Who
01-06-2013, 12:08 AM
There was a time during my teenage years that it was more toward the sexual end, I think many of this experience this, however now it is all about expression.

Janelle_C
01-06-2013, 12:08 AM
I started out as role playing. That's how I got what I needed with out owning up to the fact that I wanted and needed to dress. It's not that I want to its just part of the role.:o But I think she knew, anyway that was 31 years ago.

Keri L
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
I started out as role playing. That's how I got what I needed with out owning up to the fact that I wanted and needed to dress. It's not that I want to its just part of the role.:o But I think she knew, anyway that was 31 years ago.

Truer words (for me, at least) were never spoken. At some point, however, I just wanted to remain dressed, without focusing on the arousal part. And, that's when it got scary, as I realized something much bigger was going on.

Xxoo,
Cate

StacyPump
01-06-2013, 12:48 AM
There are many here for whom crossdressing is more about their identity and self image. But there are also many here who just dress for the fun, be it the erotic thrill or the wonderful feelings it brings. Or both. And that's ok. ; )

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 01:03 AM
For moi, It's me being the true me. I have desired for over 50 years to be a woman, or at least to live my adult life as a female. I am trilled to be leaving this lifestyle. I have not transitioned and do not plan to do so.

Julogden
01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Sissy dressing is a variety of fetishistic crossdressing. It isn't a synonym for crossdressing. Different people have different reasons for dressing.

I've never dressed for role playing, and I don't care for the sissy stuff. From little on, I dressed because of gender identity issues.

Carol

sometimes_miss
01-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Okay fred, since you won't receive messages from those of us here on the forum, here goes. A fetish is commonly referred to as something required (an inanimate object, whether clothes, sex toy, shoe, whatever) in order to get sexually turned on, and without that object are unable to function sexually. So, that doesn't apply to the vast majority of crossdressers. What you write sounds like you want a submissive role as a female, with the attire, behavior, and all it encompasses. Remember, there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy.

noeleena
01-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi,

Never did crossdressing as refered to here, or did role playing never did the male or female role did not know what it was to start with, or saw it as most people seemed to. what then was my role, how i saw it, or more like what i saw was, people doing things . there was no only males do this or that & women did other things,

To me it was ill do what ever if i liked some things say gardening i did it mowing the lawns or doing washing just did it sewing was good i liked that. no matter what it was oven mits or sewing skirts or tops i saw it as i can do this,

Clothes to me were ill wear what ever to keep me warm, though i hated male clothes,i would not buy them. Mom did, & then Jos, yet did not wear female till the time came to live & be what i have allways been a female, so those clothes that reflected who i am as a person became more this is who i am as a female, who has grown in to a woman. theres allways a part of myself that say's male a mix of both really,

What does it take to be a female, being born one liveing as one & being accepted for who you are as a person, then growing into a woman,

...noeleena...

stephNE
01-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Back in the 60's, when I was in elementary school, sissy was the worst "curse" word we knew. If someone called you that, it was like fighting words. I loved the girls frilly pretty dresses, and so wanted to try them on. I just kept my feelings hidden.

ReineD
01-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Not sure about the older definitions of sissy, but in the non-CDing world it is a pejorative term for feminine men. In the CDing world it is a type of fetish, for example dressing like a little girl in petticoats, or a sissy maid or other submissive female.

"Transvestite" is the latin form of "crossdresser" and both terms are interchangeable. For some reason, many crossdressers in the US believe the term is applied to a fetish crossdresser, but in truth, there are fetish crossdressers/transvestites and there are non-fetish crossdressers/transvestites. "Transvestite" is used quite a bit overseas. In most academic research, the term "transvestite" is used to describe men who wear women's clothing.

Kate Simmons
01-06-2013, 08:57 AM
We are who we are and what we are. When we try to relate names and labels to our feelings, it becomes difficult sometimes. :)

flatlander_48
01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
From my experience (and I'm an old guy as _48 is my birth year), the term sissy refers to a male with distinctly feminine characteristics. It could be speech, how you walk, mannerisms, how you argue, what upsets you, etc., but it is in the context of a male presentation. Crossdressing does not necessarily have any bearing on how one behaves in male mode. I think you would usually be hard pressed to tell who crossdressed by observing their male presentation. You also may not be able to understand much from observing sissified behavior either. However, sometimes the 2 notions do intersect. I would guess that it would be a fairly low incidence as most here identify as heterosexual. And, judging by their activities, hobbies, etc. I would not guess that they are invested in sissy behavior.

I identify as a bisexual crossdresser. Many people in the population at large erroneously assume that they can always spot who is gay because they believe that all gay men have at least some degree of sissified behavior. That isn't true either. The community isn't like that. As always, there is a lot of misinformation floating around in general society.

Nanaya
01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I honestly never got the whole sissy thing either. And too many people use it as an insult anyway. I never saw myself as a sissy, I'm just a boy who likes beautiful clothes, be they male or female clothes.

Asche
01-06-2013, 10:18 AM
... in the non-CDing world it is a pejorative term for feminine men. ...
It's not so much feminine as girl-like (as in female child) -- being like an adult woman wouldn't be called "sissy."

In this context, "girlish" is extended to include anything that is considered insufficiently "masculine." When I was growing up (1950's, 1960's), my interest in music (playing piano) was considered to make me a "sissy," as was my reluctance to get into fist-fights. The term is inherently misogynistic, since it's based on the idea that being in any way like a girl is humiliating and denigrating.

In fetish or CD contexts, I'd say it refers to anything that is exaggeratedly little-girl-like.

Beverley Sims
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
No role playing except when on stage.
Other times just wanted to be a girl, and good at it.

Sylvermane
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
CDing to me is a release. I am a transsexual but I am still a guy not matter how much I hate it and that isn't going to change. CDing lets me live the dream, at least as close as I can.

Lorileah
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Interesting that Fred posted only this thread, no intro. And something that was definitely prodding some oxen.

Sissy and transvestite are not even in the same neighborhood, and yet both are words used outside the community to be demeaning and disrespectful. Another you say EEther and I say EYEther thread?

I will await further threads before I think about this question. Call me jaded.

Rachel Morley
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
There's a big difference between what people will think of the terms "sissy" and "transvestite". Sissy can mean so many different things to so many different people. For example, a lot of non-CD community people use it in everyday language to mean a guy who is not very manly or someone who is a feminine guy, which translates into (for them) a weak guy and so they used as a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the "standard male gender role". Personally, I actually like to think of myself as a softer, gentler, "non-standard" feminine man and so if someone were to call me a sissy, I'd actually think of it as a compliment!

In some quarters of the CD community being a sissy is to dress in a very feminine and/or emasculated way. It's related to submission and feminization of a male person which is connected to a Dom/sub scenario. Some people see the term sissy as just describing an uber feminine way to dress, i.e a "sissy dress" is often made of satin or silk with lots of frills and lace etc.

Transvestite is traditionally the older term for a crossdresser. It's derived from Latin: "Trans" means to cross and "vestite" means to clothe. i.e. cross clothe or cross dress. So to answer your question: "Sissy vs Transvestite, is there a difference?" ... to most people I would say the answer is most definitely "yes".

Jamie001
01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
There's a big difference between what people will think of the terms "sissy" and "transvestite". Sissy can mean so many different things to so many different people. For example, a lot of non-CD community people use it in everyday language to mean a guy who is not very manly or someone who is a feminine guy, which translates into (for them) a weak guy and so they used as a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the "standard male gender role". Personally, I actually like to think of myself as a softer, gentler, "non-standard" feminine man and so if someone were to call me a sissy, I'd actually think of it as a compliment!

I agree with Rachel and I have no problem with the term "Sissy" because I really consider myself to be a Sissy. I also take it as a compliment.

Angela Campbell
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Growing up I was called a sissy all the time because I wasn't tough like the other boys. It was meant as an insult. I agree I am a sissy but it hurt to be called one.

Eryn
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
There is a distinction between being a sissy (ie. exhibiting feminine traits like compassion) and dressing in frilly "sissy style" clothes. Just because they happen to use the same arrangement of letters does not mean that they are related.

Sissy is a style of dressing that I don't really relate to, but that is fine. Many who enjoy sissy dressing might not understand why I enjoy being in public in a simple T-shirt and Capris. Vive la différence!

Stephanie47
01-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I started with just the desire to wear my mother's slips because I liked the feel of the nylon fabric. Slowly I progressed to wearing her dresses and undergarments and attempted makeup. I never viewed cross dressing as role playing as a 'sissy maid.' I now like to dress totally en femme when I feel the urge. I also like being manly.

I would say, if you're only interested in being a 'sissy maid,' then I'd say you have a fetish. There is nothing wrong with playing that role. You'll probably encounter women who think just the thought of a 'sissy maid' is demeaning to women. I am conjecturing a woman may think, "Ok, you like to emulate a woman, strange for a man, but, at least you're emulating women in ordinary roles. But, to emulate a role of a sissy maid? Is that what you think of women?"

You may find it very difficult to venture out into the world in sissy attire. I know there are fetish BDSM clubs for men and women who enjoy that role. If you enjoy it, then partake.

Barbara Ella
01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
As you can see, you are getting a wide variety of answers. I started out just wearing panties 16 months ago because it just felt right, and put my mental side at peace, and i became a better person, and lost quite a bit of anger. No role playing, no sexual fantasies. I have spent the past 16 months trying to figure out why it had this effect. And now I know who i am and why I must be feminine, still trying to figure out where i am.

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Barbara,
A truely heartfelt response. HUGS !!!

Cheryl T
01-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Never been into role playing (of course I haven't gotten my French Maid uniform yet)...
For me this is all just an expression of ME. It's how I have always felt, more female than male, and how I love to be. I'm just an average woman at heart, nothing exotic, just me.

Kali
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Evryone has their own story. For me it started with sexual overtones. Now, I dont feel right dressed in male clothes, and when I slip the forms into the bra cups and get dresed for the day, everything is right with the owrld.

When people refer to me as a sissy, my wife or I will generally correct than and say "No; she's the housewife"

Lorileah
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
So I am guessing this hit a nerve with many of you since you are still feeding it. No profile, no photo. One post. Hasn't been back since. Inflammatory question and people still answering. Well played Troll

Angela Campbell
01-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I have wondered if that is the case on a few of the recent postings. I hope not.

Ninotchka
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
In my opinion, a sissy is like a little girl, and a transvestite reflects his true level of maturity.

Stephanie47
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
I've read the responses and I do not think anyone has viewed the question or post as inflammatory. I've seen some postings here cross dressers wearing French maid outfits. There have been threads on role playing. Yes, the posting may be from a troll, but, then again, there are many times I read threads that make me think, "Sure? You expect us to believe that?"

Without asking the question, the person may never know where he stands in the spectrum of cross dressing/fetish dressing.

So I am guessing this hit a nerve with many of you since you are still feeding it. No profile, no photo. One post. Hasn't been back since. Inflammatory question and people still answering. Well played Troll

NicoleScott
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I have fetishes, and I have a maid's outfit, but I don't have a fetish for maid's dresses or sissy maid role playing. I think the outfit is super-cute and super-sexy, and I like to wear it. When dressed in the maid's outfit, if I were to be called a sissy or sissy maid, I wouldn't be offended, because that's how I'm presenting. I'm a normal guy who likes to dress up occasionally, so I don't consider myself a sissy (unless dressed, as I said above). However, if my buddies with whom I do guy stuff (watching sports, hunting, fishing, building, etc.) knew I crossdressed, especially in a maid's outfit, I would surely be so labeled.

Lorileah
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I've read the responses and I do not think anyone has viewed the question or post as inflammatory.

So you don't feel that someone calling a Transgender a "sissy" or to a lesser degree Transvestite (thank you media and movies for making the word something to laugh at) as inflammatory? And if you read the first page you will see that Reine made that same point.

But of course so many here find the word transgender to be an insult too.

As far as seeing themselves on the spectrum how did they associate transvestite with a fetish when it is used in Europe as another word for Crossdresser. Now Sissy I can see (and yes I know there are several members who fit that fetish) but the broad "Transvestite"? But why not "French Maid". I will await Fred to return with a profile.

CassandraSmith
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I've done fetish role play stuff with a Dom and that's fun but CDing been a lifelong thing for me. I only explored the BDSM part way later in life to see if there were answers there. For the most part, it's about the feeling of being more like a woman. Sometimes, I think that in a sense, since we have an X & Y chromosome, we actually are half woman already. Women are X & X so they are way more extreme without even trying. Most of what our culture (America) values is men that are right in the middle--just the right amount of sensitivity mixed with the ability to hunt for food. Of course, this is a narrow definition of gender and for some, it's not about balance but exploring the edges. I was never drawn heavily to the overly masculine side. I tried when I was young though because I was afraid of what being feminine might mean. However, the female was always waaaaay more interesting to me. Maybe that's where the challenge is for me.

I was a bigot my whole life though thinking that I needed run from my female side because it was inferior. Now I see that it's just a continuum. We celebrate those beef bus guys who compete for muscle. That's just as extreme to me as someone who passes as femme. Why not celebrate that also. Really, there should be a magazine to go with Flex called Swish or Velvet or something like that. I'm talking equal time here.

Frédérique
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Sissy vs Transvestite? Is there a difference? What is cross-dressing for you?

A crossdresser (MtF) is the same thing as a transvestite. The former term is acceptable in this country, while the latter term is more widely used elsewhere. Some people in America hate the term transvestite because it carries historically homosexual overtones, but I like to think of myself as a “tranny” irregardless of any bigotry floating around. A sissy is someone who is essentially making a statement against masculinity, or male expectation, by exhibiting (via clothing, comportment, or actions) a certain level of effeminacy. However, you can be a sissy and still be a hero, and, in any event, the sissies WILL inherit the Earth. I don’t mind people thinking I’m a sissy – mission accomplished, if you ask me...
:clap:

Did you start cross-dressing just as role-playing, but then it became more than that?

Playing the “role” of a girl in my lifelong autobiographical play sounds like fun, but I really just like to wear women’s clothing. Meanwhile, I am bonded to the State...:straightface:

FredLofthefuture
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm new to the forum, and am not sure how I can make it so that I receive messages. I understand that that's what I fantasize about. I'm just curious if I would like cross-dressing outside of the fetish world. Perhaps I just need to buy some cloths and try it out. I just wanted to see if there were other people who use cross-dressing as a fetish object, and for comfort or pleasure on their own (not only for erotic reasons).

Tracii G
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Trolls come and go and kind of hard to tell one at first but I think this person qualifies as one.
I sort of sensed this so I never responded.

Stevie
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I think the role playing as a sissy maid got me started into dressing. The more I dress I experimented more and more to the point where I'm at now. Glad you posted this I have been racking my brains out on how I got into wearing women's clothes. As growing up I couldn't stand anything about women's clothes or wouldn't touch make up with a ten foot pole. Now it's the opposite.

ChelseaEcho
01-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Trolls come and go and kind of hard to tell one at first but I think this person qualifies as one.
I sort of sensed this so I never responded.
I'm new and even I got the sense that this thread was sort of an oddity on these boards. Heh.

Vickie_CDTV
01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
To be perfectly frank, in some ways you are ahead of the game if you just keep your crossdressing in the bedroom.

rachael.davis
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
If you want to identify as a "sissy" and get involved with scene please feel free, but that's a word I really really hate, and mentally moving from sissy to transgendered caused me decades of pain.

auto andrea
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I am from the perspective for which crossdressing is sexually fetishistic in the positive sense (on what privilege can someone label it as "perverse"?).

Note, that everything sexual is fetishistic. The notion that fetishism is about non-human "objects" is quaint!

So I am from the perhaps identical sexual source as "sissies" (autogynephilia), although I think the "sissy" idiom is crude and irritating. (Sexual arousal by the traumatic thought of relating oneself to symbols of embarrassing femininity, of which crossdressing is an exciting elaborate means for many of us to experience such).

It seems like there are a few like me in this thread, for which the sexual has the capacity to become internalized, especially as one becomes less sexual with age

Brittany CD
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Friend, you're never going to find one absolute answer. For me personally, I just like women's clothing and I like wearing wigs

MsCheri
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
There was a time during my teenage years that it was more toward the sexual end, I think many of this experience this, however now it is all about expression.

Same - now they are just comfy clothes!

Gwen01
01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
I started dressing first for experimentation when I was a teen-ager, then the dressing slowly grew through my adult life. My wife and I experimented with sissy-**** training
and only added some parts to what we do. We are not a complete fem-dom couple, just at times.
Who knows, maybe we will grow into that, or, like we have it now...we are each others' lesbian lovers.
-Gwen

AltairaMorbius
01-24-2013, 05:56 AM
I have always been curious about what it feels like to be a woman. As far as sexuality I do things I feel I'd enjoy if I were a woman.

Cheers,

FredLofthefuture
01-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I apologize if you thought that I was a "troll", this is an honest post. I'm still trying to figure myself out. I know that I have a cross-dressing fetish (bdsm). I just wanted to see if any self-identified cross-dressers started with BDSM, but then moved beyond that, and found it was more than just a fetish. So that I could attempt to better understand myself.

--> It seems like some did, however for most it was never related to a sexual fetish. Am I correct in stating that?

AmandaM
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I've had a partial interest in the sissy fetish. I own a French Maid's outfit and sometime clean the house wearing it. My wife knows and doesn't mind, though I wish we could try a femdom scene. Her best friend knows and is dominant, but that hasn't been offered. Besides that I own other sexy outfits, so somehow my sexual desire for "hot" women is intwined. I also have transgendered feelings. So, I think for me, it's an internal desire to be a hot woman, some sort of gender-identity/sexual desire mix. I've yet to figure it out. But I don't like the sissy stuff that has to do with denial of orgasm, degradation, etc. I've only been interested in the "forced to be a female and/or sex slave" part. Suffice it to say, I like sissy roleplaying, but I'm no sissy. To me, a sissy would submit to all of the scene, being dominated to the point of degradation, being treated worthless, etc. I don't know how people like that. I'll be your French Maid Sex Toy, but you gotta respect me. LOL.

Cam
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Fred, I don't know if I am a sissy or not. I like to wear pretty things and ave been told since I was a little boy a that I had a very strong feline side. With that said, I am not what I would call a "traditional" cross dresser. I love skirts because they let me feel free to move and they are pretty, I like panties because the give me a feeling of more support as well as comfort than male briefs or boxers. It doesn't matter to me if I am in a kilt or skirt because in my mind they are types of each other and I feel tat a skirt is more appropriate to the male anatomy than pants. I am a 6'2" guy with a bald head and graying beard and a small gut. I don't try to pass as female nor as my description of myself should tell you could I pass as a woman.

My point? If being in famine clothes fees right, go for it. If dressing in frilly clothes and being spanked turns you on, go for it. Just be yourself and let the world be damned and judge itself.

Jamie001
01-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Fred, I don't know if I am a sissy or not. I like to wear pretty things and ave been told since I was a little boy a that I had a very strong feline side.

Hmmm, strong feline side - that means that you may be a CAT. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Nathalie Antoinette
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Stephanie, I agree with you. I was also a child in the 60s. I was called "sissy" a lot then and on into my teen years. I was always facinated with my mother's things. By the time I was 12, I could do her hair better than she could. She would take me shopping to help her pick out clothes. But, I never felt comfortable with that side of myself, and worked hard through the teen years to develop masculine traits and movements to help me blend in and be accepted. I never really gave myself permission to explore crossdressing, beyond a handful of times, until just recently. While I'm very much a beginner, I am enjoying learning and experiencing. To get back to the original question, I really just love the beautiful things and am facinated with all of it, the makeup, the wigs, the idea of being smooth. But, I must also confess that I like the way it makes me feel. The idea of being attractive as a female does excite me some...perhaps because I am gay. For others, it's because they feel they truly are female at their core. As someone else said, people dress for many different reasons.
Back in the 60's, when I was in elementary school, sissy was the worst "curse" word we knew. If someone called you that, it was like fighting words. I loved the girls frilly pretty dresses, and so wanted to try them on. I just kept my feelings hidden.

iwearstockings
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I started with underwear as a teenager but over time( and a LOT of stuff bought on ebay!) I found what I Really love is pvc skirts, basques and boots. So it''s evolved quite a bit over time.. Oh yes and I love role play bdsm/bondage. theres no wrong way is there? just do what makes you feel good :^) not harming anyone x

Fuchsia
02-02-2013, 06:10 PM
It's obvious that crossdressing means many differnt things to everyone who posted here. Not only that but it means different things at different points in our CD lives. I've never gotten into role playing or bdsm. When I was a kid it was to do with growing up surrounded by girls and later I was into erotic dressing. Now I am in a longterm relationship where my GF wouldn't be able to hande it. I find my response interesting in that I'm now drawn to Girly rather than Womanly clothes. My fav cotton panties have a teddybear on them and I love the feel and look of soft cotton light tops of pastel shades and the feel of leggings in this Irish winter. No idea what, if anything it all means,(getting in touch with inner teen girl?) but I love it and it completes me and makes me feel softer and happier. Who knows where it might take me next.

Pythos
02-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I really really really HATE the term "sissy" when applied to what we do. Sorry, but "sissy" to me was a derogatory term applied to me just before a bully or another beat the crap out of me.

I am merely a crossdresser because I choose to wear items of clothing and styles that are "assigned " to women.

SarahFxoxo
02-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I feel 'sissy' refers more towards a fetishistic way of dressing.

missmars
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
crossdressing is not related to role.

Kalista Jameson
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't care for the word sissy myself. I have chosen to identify myself as a TGirl or TGal, something to me seems less a label and more light hearted. Though if anyone here embraces the word sissy and owns it that is perfectly fine and I make no judgment. We are all different and diverse, yet united by our love for dress (and dresses).

I'm both a man, who loves to camp, shoot, hike and hang out with my guy friends and have guy talk. I'm also a TGal who gets pissed off when she gets a tear in her new pantyhose or spills coffee on her blouse. Neither are in conflict. I am both and love being both.

I digress... Lol.

Think I'll sing a song...

I'M A TGIRL YES IT'S TRUE
I'M A TGIRL HOW ABOUT YOU
I LOVE NYLONS AND HIGH HEELS
MINI SKIRTS AND SHOPPING DEALS
I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY
LIFE'S TOO SHORT GO OUT AND PLAY
I'M A TGIRL YES IT'S TRUE
I'M A TGIRL HOW ABOUT YOU

Cheers, Kalista

MissTee
02-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Fred has come back and stated he wasn't trolling. So, assuming positive intent here:

In my earlier years of Cd-ing, I explored the sissy thing because I didn't know any better. Thought that a guy in girls clothes had to be a sissy. There was no other explanation that I knew of, and it was a turn on. Then again, I was very young and everything turned me on including that dude with the long hair on the Quaker Oats box.

Maturity, research and many years later I find the sissy thing insulting. I feel I'm a have a right to live my life as I see fit and not try to fit someone else's mold or be belittled. Thus, I now get my girl on and don't over analyze why.

Good luck in your quest of finding the right you, Fred.

NathalieX66
02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
For me personally, I just like women's clothing and I like wearing wigs

I like wearing women's clothing, and decided to give up the wig and grow my hair long. I figure it's best to life to the fullest when you can.

Alice Torn
02-10-2013, 11:10 PM
"Light in the loafers", and so many other terms like Sissy, Perv, Deviant, Tranny, Gay, Weirdo, which the general "normie" public which does not understand. I was called Weird, tonight, by someone who i though accepted me with my dressing! I am turned off by the term, Sissy . I have not been into role playing, or Sissiness, just dressing up as a stylicsh, attractive tall lady.

Alice Torn
02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Correction!! I was wrong! The person i though called my photos "weird", was not referring to my dressing!! She was referring to weird DREAMS she has. Boy, was I quick to judge!! Scares me!

ME2.0
02-11-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't think of my crossdressing persona as a "sissy" at all. Quite the contrary. I think of Staci as being everything the male side of me is not. I get to retreat into another persona when I am having trouble on the male side of my life. When I get upset and stressed out, Staci is calm, smart, strong, and glamourous. She's not a "Sissy" by any means.

Hugs,
Staci