PDA

View Full Version : Pink toe nails

notthereyet
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Today I went to a mixed, nude sauna. Before going, I painted my toe nails a very light pink. Unless you were looking, you would probably not notice.
It is a local sauna, regulars are always there. Not sure if anyone notice but it felt very good and I like the site of pink toe nails every time I looked at them.
For me, today was good day!

Marlana
01-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I decided last month that in this new year, I was going to do something for me. So today, I painted my toenails with a glittery light purple nail polish. It doesn't really stick out unless you look for it. I love the look when I glance down also. Good day for both of us!

notthereyet
01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I love purple, thought it might stick out too much. Next Sunday when I go to the sauna, would love to wear a little lipstick.
Purple glitter is hot

Marlana
01-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I bought it and stashed it til now. It looks great.

notthereyet
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Good for you Marlana! I hope your toe nail painting turned out better than mine. I was a little nervous and shaking, did not do a very good job on my toe nails.

ambigendrous
01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Good for you Marlana! I hope your toe nail painting turned out better than mine. I was a little nervous and shaking, did not do a very good job on my toe nails.

That's why I go to a salon once a month and let the professionals do their job! I've been getting pedicures for almost 10 years now and it's one of my favorite activities! I always get a bright red color on my toes I've never had a bad reaction from the staff, or the clients - in fact I've received countless compliments on how great my feet look.

Eryn
01-06-2013, 06:08 PM

Practice makes perfect! When I started I would make lots of mistakes, getting polish on the sides of the nail, into the cuticle, etc. I'd have to remove and redo the polish from several fingers or toes or touch it up with an orangewood stick As I've done it over and over I get better at it. Most of the time I can do a full set without getting polish where it shouldn't be. I get a great sense of accomplishment from this! :)

One tip: Use a basecoat under your color coat. It makes the color coat much easier to apply smoothly.

I like to wear a very sheer pearlescent polish (Nina Pink Frost from Sally Beauty) when I'm not working. It looks like clear polish but it catches the light very prettily. I'm sure that it's noticed, but nobody finds it important enough to mention. When I'm working I wear a clear base coat (Orly Tough Cookie).

I've only had one man comment on my nails and I told him the truth: "I used to chew them and the polish reminds me to keep them out of my mouth" He said "That's a great idea, I might give it a try!"

Missy
01-06-2013, 06:11 PM
I love pink nail color on my toes more then red feels more lady like

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
IMO all of you ladies who do not wear RED TOENAIL POLISH are committing a MORTAL SIN. Then again I'm kidding. :heehee::eek: I do not believe that I have ever worn pink nail polish, but if it works for you, fantastic. Again I was just kidding about the sin part.:doh:

Jamie001
01-06-2013, 07:16 PM
IMO all of you ladies who do not wear RED TOENAIL POLISH are committing a MORTAL SIN. Then again I'm kidding. :heehee::eek: I do not believe that I have ever worn pink nail polish, but if it works for you, fantastic. Again I was just kidding about the sin part.:doh:

Then I must be a Saint because my toenails are always professionally pedicured in BRIGHT FIRE ENGINE RED and on display in women's sandals in my normal feminine male mode.

Jamie001
01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Today I went to a mixed, nude sauna. Before going, I painted my toe nails a very light pink. Unless you were looking, you would probably not notice.
It is a local sauna, regulars are always there. Not sure if anyone notice but it felt very good and I like the site of pink toe nails every time I looked at them.
For me, today was good day!

Congratulations on your outing. Next time may I suggest taking it a little farther by getting a pedicure and having your toenails painted in either hot pink or fire engine red. Then go the the sauna with your bright toenails exposed. This time your experience will be very different because everyone will notice that you have bright red or hot pink toenails. It is really a very liberating experience to be able to wear what you really want to wear and you will feel really good about it.

AmyGaleRT
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I have my toenails done in a metallic burgundy right now. Even when I have to be in drab, it's a nice little reminder if I look down at my bare feet; those toenails are shining up at me, telling me, "You are part girl!" :)

- Amy

LaraPeterson
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Arlene, I'm with you, at least about wearing red; I do so almost all the time. What I've really grown to love are the new metallics. They are very shiny and they wear well. Just a little while ago I did my toes in a Sally Hanson color called Divine Wine. It is a pretty dark red metallic with a shine that really stand out under pantyhose. The sheen of the stockings and polish together are exquisite. Makes me want to go sin a little. . .

Jamie001
01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
I have my toenails done in a metallic burgundy right now. Even when I have to be in drab, it's a nice little reminder if I look down at my bare feet; those toenails are shining up at me, telling me, "You are part girl!" :)

- Amy

Amy,

Are you toenails always exposed in male mode so that when other people see your red toenails they know that you are part girl? My red toenails are always exposed in my normal feminine male mode so that everyone knows that I'm playing for the girl's team. It is very liberating.

AmyGaleRT
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Are you toenails always exposed in male mode so that when other people see your red toenails they know that you are part girl? My red toenails are always exposed in my normal feminine male mode so that everyone knows that I'm playing for the girl's team. It is very liberating.

Nope. I wear regular shoes and socks when I'm out of the house, so it's my little secret. But by summertime...who knows, I may slip up and wear my guys' Rockport sandals without the socks. :heehee:

- Amy

Jamie001
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Nope. I wear regular shoes and socks when I'm out of the house, so it's my little secret. But by summertime...who knows, I may slip up and wear my guys' Rockport sandals without the socks. :heehee:

- Amy

The best way is to just put on your sandals and go about your business. If folks ask just tell them that you like having red toenails. It will not take long before you are wearing sandals everywhere and you won't even give any thought to your red toenails. After, all, why have a pretty pedicure if you can't show it off to everyone? You should google "men wearing nail polish" and you will see that a lot of men including athletes, actors, race car drivers, and everyday guys are wearing nail polish.

AmyGaleRT
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
That's true, Jamie. I could say the same things about pierced ears and earrings; these days, you see NFL players with diamond studs!

My feet would get too cold right now wearing sandals though. ;)

- Amy

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Arlene, I'm with you, at least about wearing red; I do so almost all the time. What I've really grown to love are the new metallics. They are very shiny and they wear well. Just a little while ago I did my toes in a Sally Hanson color called Divine Wine. It is a pretty dark red metallic with a shine that really stand out under pantyhose. The sheen of the stockings and polish together are exquisite. Makes me want to go sin a little. . .

I'm with you girl. Thank you for the tip in regard to Sally Hansen.

ArleneRaquel
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Then I must be a Saint because my toenails are always professionally pedicured in BRIGHT FIRE ENGINE RED and on display in women's sandals in my normal feminine male mode.

Darling you are a Saint, but perhaps a little sinning is OK! :o

Vanessa Amber420
01-06-2013, 11:58 PM
As I am replying to this thread my toe nails are pink.

notthereyet
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Eryn -- I've never heard of very sheer pearlescent polish (Nina Pink Frost from Sally Beauty), it sounds really nice. I'll have to look it up.

notthereyet
01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Congratulations on your outing. Next time may I suggest taking it a little farther by getting a pedicure and having your toenails painted in either hot pink or fire engine red. Then go the the sauna with your bright toenails exposed. This time your experience will be very different because everyone will notice that you have bright red or hot pink toenails. It is really a very liberating experience to be able to wear what you really want to wear and you will feel really good about it.

Not sure if I'm ready for the bright red. Loved the pink. Pedicure is definitely needed in my case. I'll have to think about that, may be a little embarrassing for me.

Jaymees22
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Oh wow, I just did the same thing, painted my toe nails a light pink (Revlon Cheers #515). I think I can just leave this on and it won't get noticed. I will know it's there and it will make me happy...Jaymee

Angela Campbell
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Amy,

No one has to see my toes to know I am playing for the girls team........I tried to paint my toes and fingernails once....it took a week to get the polish off of my knees and elbows. (and everything else I was near that day)

Jay135
01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
I absolutely love painting my nails...toes included (my absolute favorite part of dressing up is doing my nails, fingers and toes!) I've been painting my toes for at least two years, 24/7 (painted toes are easy to hide in socks/shoes. Fingers...not so easy). I love the feelings I get when I'm painting my nails...just so girly!

I usually go for the pinks and reds when I paint them, although the last time I painted them, I opted for silver glitter, with extra colored glitter polish (My toes looked like 10 beautiful glittering jewels!) I usually set aside at least an hour if I'm going to do my toes, since I like to use a bit more more than one coat (1 base coat, 1-2 coats color, a coat or two of glitter, and a top coat or 2 for shine and smooth). I also like to keep my toes a little longer than most girls do (again, my personal thing), so it takes just a bit longer.

I've thought about going for a professional pedicure several times, but I don't want my secret to be seen, and I'm afraid they'd cut and file my toes to a "normal guy's length", which I don't want happening (plus, going into a girly nail salon in guy mode makes me feel...awkward)

And, yes...looking down and seeing such girly toes on my feet is a wonderful feeling. I love waking up in the morning, slipping the covers down just a little from my feet, and exposing those girly toes. Always gives me a smile!

audreyinalbany
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
last summer I went to a nude beach. I wasn't sure how to express my gender enhancement while nude, so i figured i'd paint my nail bright pink. it was actually quite lovely sitting in the sun completely naked with my nails shinning in the sun.

Eryn
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Eryn -- I've never heard of very sheer pearlescent polish (Nina Pink Frost from Sally Beauty), it sounds really nice. I'll have to look it up.

Here it it:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/nail-polish/SBS-709265,es,pd.html

Although it does not look at all like the opaque pink sample in the picture.

One coat on my nails looks clear, but catches light with a pearlescent highlight. Two coats is a bit more pinkish, but you can still see the nail behind it. It is noticeable to anyone who actually looks at your hands, but doesn't scream "I'm wearing nail polish" to everyone in sight. I've had no negative reactions and even a couple of compliments from GGs while wearing it in male mode.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so this is what I am wearing right now, one coat of Pink Frost with clear topcoat:

notthereyet
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I agree, love the color pink on my toenails. Makes me feel soft and Feminized. (and they look sexy).

Beverley Sims
02-17-2013, 10:31 PM
I have pink toenails all the time.
Only causes a few surprises.