PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Skirts

fionablack
12-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I am loving that pencil skirts are in at the moment. Here in the UK there is a talent show called X-Factor (basically the same as American Idol), and the presenter is the beautiful Kate Thornton. One of the main reasons i watch the show is to see her in her lovely dresses, which i read are made specially for her and are unique one off creations - lucky girl!

Tonight she had a lovely pencil skirt on, and a green top. It was to die for. Lovely shoes too and the skirt had that sort of shiny effect, i am not sure what the material would be. I would love to wear it though.

The girl group Girls Aloud have also been wearing these type of skirts lately too, as have many celebs. I think they are the current must have item. They look sensational.

Did anyone else see X-Factor tonight, and did you want Kate's outfit as much as i did?

Kierci
12-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I dont think we get that here in the states see if you can get us some pics? I also love pencil skirts I think they are flattering and conservative at the same time kinda leaves things to the imagination (which I love)

Kimberly
12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Pencil skirts rock... I want one so bad. :(

Missy Anne
12-03-2005, 08:47 PM
I believe a pencil skirt is the same as what we used to call a straight skirt in the '50s.

That being so, to me, a pencil skirt is the ultimate in femininity. Problem is we can't seem to find any in the stores here in the U.S.

We have modified a few off the shelf skirts to suit my taste but would sure like to be able to buy a couple already made!

Missy Anne

Lindahexi
12-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi Fiona, yes I watch X-Factor and I agree with you about Kate's outfits. I love pencil skirts, especially really tight ones; they feel so nice and they shorten your stride, which makes you walk more femme.

Hugs,

Linda.

sandra.smart
12-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I watch the x-factor myself and i agree that kate is lovely and her dresses are so feminine,i also watch come dancing as some of the dresses the girls wear are fantastic.I agree about pencil skirts as i wear them myself and i feel so feminine in a tight pencil skirt

Adele
12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
The only thing worth watching on X-Factor is Kate Thornton.
She is gorgeous and does wear some lovely outfits.

I haven't got any pencil skirts, but agrre they do look great!

sherri
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Problem is we can't seem to find any in the stores here in the U.S.

We have modified a few off the shelf skirts to suit my taste but would sure like to be able to buy a couple already made!

Missy Anne

Try EBay - they have lots of em.

Christina Nicole
12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Talbots has been showing pencil skirts in their stores and catalog. I know I have seen them in other places, too, but I definitely remember them being in Talbots.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Sam-antha
12-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I've still got one from way-back ! Lucky me, and it is one of my fav favourites too

suzy
12-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi ladies....

I know that I have purchased some pencil skirts... but where do I put them???? I think I will buy another one tonight just because I read this....on here.. It would really make me fell like the lady I am......

Thanks!!!

freshfrankie
12-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I must have 6 pairs mostly a few inches above the knee. You can get them with lycra and they feel great. I just bought a calf lenght black lycra skirt with a little flared bottom. Cute,cute,cute! Pair them with a little sexy, low cut,3/4 sleeve top or sweater and you'll look and feel so girlie. Check out Boston Proper,Chadwicks and even Victorias Secret. If you see something you like always wait for a few more catalogues because they always go on sale. Especially the Christmas season offerings. I have my eye on a cute little cocktail dress in VC's. I can't wait for my January clearance catalogue! Life is good. Enjoy yourself.:)

Love
Jeannie

fionablack
12-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I watch the x-factor myself and i agree that kate is lovely and her dresses are so feminine,i also watch come dancing as some of the dresses the girls wear are fantastic.I agree about pencil skirts as i wear them myself and i feel so feminine in a tight pencil skirt

Come Dancing is also great as you say and the dresses are really lovely. When dancing, dresses take on a life of their own, and they look and no doubt feel lovely. I would love to dance in a lovely dress!

Dragster
12-04-2005, 08:38 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth Linda, I've loved really tight knee length skirts since i started CDing in the 50s, when they were in fashion first time around (since I noticed anyway). They are my favourite teamed with stockings and really high stiletto heeled sandals. It turns me on just thinking of trying to walk in them.
None of those for sale are tight enough for me, and the only one I have now is one I made from an old pair of trousers a couple of years ago. I plan to get one in black leather, but I may still have to sew up the side seams to make it tight enough for my tastes.
I found "The Tight Skirts Page" several years ago, which caters for tight skirt fetishists. It's no longer being updated, but there are thousands of photos and stories there to keep you interested for days (you won't have time to get back to our forum for a while!). You can Google in, or find it at-

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/street/zh84/other/

Happy viewing!
Tony

Sabrina Flowers
12-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Love tight pencil skirts too, but yet to buy one. Do have a long hobble skirt which is interesting to walk in when wearing high heels.

This site is also worth a look for pencil skirts and tight skirts.

Hobbleskirt.com

It has great gallery section - check out "la Dame aux Bas Noirs" very nice black leather pencil skirt, also link to her site.

Sabrina.

Kierci
12-09-2005, 12:45 AM
I have found a pencil skirt for you.

http://www.tallwomensclothes.com/ShowView/product/17/6

Dragster
12-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Yes Sabrina, I like Hobbleskirt.com too. I could spend all day drooling over the photos there, wishing I was wearing them myself. Mind you, many of them are not too tight, the girls can still move their knees apart in most of them!
I once made a hobble skirt for myself out of an old pair of trousers, very tight at the knee, and flaring slightly to the hem. I can only just put one foot in front of the other with my heels on!
This year, a saw a really tight dress on a girl walking through a restraunt car park with her fellah. She was going in as I was coming out, and although my chin must have been on the ground, I couldn't turn round for a good look because I was with my wife! She had silver strappy stiletto sandals on, at least 4" high, and a black strappy knee length sheath dress, clamping her knees together, and so tight all the way up, she must have been poured into it. She had to tip-toe along with very tiny steps, taking the skirt to full stretch each time. Anyway I rushed out of the car park, and just caught a rear view as I drove out. The back was laced from top to bottom, Closed at the hem, widening to the hips, closed again at the waist and widening to the bust. Talk about exagerating curves!!! I want one, Where can I get one???
I loved it, thoght I'd share it with you.

Tony

Raychel
12-09-2005, 08:40 AM
I don't own one at the current time. But you can be sure that if I see one that really does it for me I will not have a problem dishing out the money for one. I just love the look of a pencil skirt and someday I WILL own one.

Kierci
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Rachel go over to Fall River your bound to find something you like there with all the outlet stores there.

PennyAnne
12-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Straight skirts actually are more practical in the winter. They are much warmer and not THAT restrictive once a girl gets used to them. Most of mine are lined and the feeling when wearing one is sinfully sensual. Besides, I like the way they look. Also, though I didn't hear anyone mention it, a nicely fitted straight skirt is much more modest and lets me relax more at a meeting without thinking about every man in the room trying to get a peek up my skirts.
Somehow I get the feeling that I'm comming from a different place here,
Penny

Kierci
12-09-2005, 09:46 PM
No Penny thats why I like em so much they are more concervative, Of course I am on the conservative side so it suits me, not to mention they work great to make suits with.

Its Sarah
12-10-2005, 01:38 AM
I love pencil skirts, haven't had any since the last time I purged though (yeah... I know... ugh..), tulip skirts are fantastic too.

Kierci
12-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Hey Sarah I always wondered what they called those skirts, thanks

http://images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/9/optimized/22789_fpx.tif?wid=213&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Sabrina Flowers
12-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Thank-you Dragster for that sighting story, have a nice thought image. Have noticed a small number of women around my local towns at lunch times wearing tight knee length skirts and boots now it is colder. seems to be a bit of a fashion for office type women.

Sabrina.

Dragster
12-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey Sarah I always wondered what they called those skirts, thanks

http://images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/9/optimized/22789_fpx.tif?wid=213&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Great image Jennyaz. I love seeing someone walking in those knee length pencil skirts which have a 3" or 4" flirty hem. Especially if they are obviously tight enough to restrict their stride, and the hem seems to be in perpetual motion flowing and fluttering around their knees. Mmmmmmmm! I always wish it was me wearing it, but I guess I wouldn't be able to see the action then, except in a mirror, or shop window.

Tony

Stelli
12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Feels great - true, but do you have hips and butt for it????

toni2304
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
i love pencil skirts as well

Stormgirl
12-15-2005, 06:23 PM
never tried one on before

fionablack
12-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I have found a pencil skirt for you.

http://www.tallwomensclothes.com/ShowView/product/17/6

Wow, that is a niiiiice skirt!!! I am wishing i was in it right now. Just look at the way it hangs, it's gorgeous. I can just imagine how lovely it would feel.