PDA

View Full Version : Where The Boys Are 1960

Beverley Sims
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
The title says it all.
George Hamilton Delores Hart and Connie Francis.
Set in Ft Lauderdale Florida girls and boys on summer vacation.
Interest for some of us is it shows girls dressing and undressing wearing those frilly petticoats of the 60s we talk about.
Bullet bras, stockings and full skirted dresses.
Need I say more. (All smileys omitted)

BLUE ORCHID
01-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Beverly, You are preaching to the choir here, I have a couple bullet bras that look great under a sweater.

Kate Simmons
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
My kinda movie Beverly. Ah, yes the good old days.:)

Barbra P
01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I love old movies, well not too old. Late forties, fifties, and maybe even early sixties, women wore some fantastic fashions. I watched “White Christmas” with my 29 year old Daughter about a month ago and she fell in love with some of the beautiful dresses worn in that movie. I liked the heavy full skirted dresses, which eventually evolved into the Poodle Skirts. I’d love a full skirted dress with petticoats, even if I am way too old.

Stephanie47
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
One of the reasons I do NOT wear feminine jeans is because of the 1950's and 1960's. Women did NOT wear jeans or pants back then. It was taboo, if not illegal in many oppressive areas of the country. I fondly remember watching Leave It to Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet and other shows where the women wore dresses and heels. I loved women wearing dresses and petticoats. I see many young women who are sexy in jeans, heels or boots, and a top. I think it's a generational thing.

Lady Catherine
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I loved that look. I've been watching Leave it to Beaver on Antenae Channel just to see what June is wearing.

Diversity
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Great movie. This brings back memories..... Love the bullet bra and sweater or blouse look! Simply wonderful!
Di

RADER
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Another one I liked was.... Three Coins in the Fountain.
They just do not make movies like that anymore.
Rader

Leah Lynn
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
How about "How To Marry A Millionaire"? Lauren Bacall was the sharpest dresser. she's always been my idea of the perfect woman!

Leah

lingerieLiz
01-08-2013, 02:06 AM
That touch of Mink! How about Liz in her slips. When I saw Butterfield 8, I had to have a slip like hers. I was looking at Playboy one day and saw one of the girls had on the same panties that I had. A couple of times I dated girls with the same lingerie. While I like the bras and panties of today I think the young girls of today are missing some of the sexiness of days gone bye.

Carrie R
01-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Seems like someone could put an eye out with those things.

Beverley Sims
01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
To Orchid and Kate,
I have a Berlei Whirlpool bra still boxed and brand new.
The rubbery elastic has deteriorated but it is a great museum piece.
I have a couple of others made in the late 50s and they are wearable.
Stephanie,
An interesting observation about women and jeans, I forgot about that.
I mentioned riding in the back of the bus talking to some black people in Alabama, another time warp.
Rader,
Three coins in the fountain. My wife wanted to see the trevi fountain, she was most disappointed when it was not the one portrayed in the film.
We did see that fountain as well and it looked better to us than Le Fountain Trevi. We wuz robbed traipsing around Rome all day looking for it.
Barbara,
White Christmas is a perennial favourite.
When going around Ireland we relate to all those Bing Crosby tunes.
Another movie with John Wayne "The Quiet Man" has some nice dresses in it.
Catherine,
I don't watch the beaver for the Beaver but all the other Cleavers there.
Liz and Leah,
Butterfield 8 and Lauren bacall.
These fit into the rest of my erotic movies I have seen.
Snow and Carrie,
I do like some of the horizontal lines some of the older bras gave under sweaters and the bullet look I use only for shows and parties.
Yep you can stab a guy twice in the chest wearing one of those bras Carrie.
If you firm them up a little and make them pointy they create a lot if interest at a party.
Other guests forget what I really am, they look at me as a woman. Gee it's great. (Another smiley deleted.)

phoebe61
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
195356(I do NOT wear feminine jeans is because of the 1950's and 1960's. Women did NOT wear jeans or pants back then. It was taboo, if not illegal in many oppressive areas of the country. by Stephanie47)
Steph In the 50s n early 60s women did did wear jeans but not as often as today,but pedel pushers n capri pants were popular, dont know if they were called by a diffrent name in usa.
eg see peggy sue got married 1986 kathleen turner n nicolas cage. ps i have also got fem 50s clothing n i havemade a couple of full skirts.
ps being into 50s music since teens.

Eryn
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
...I watched “White Christmas” with my 29 year old Daughter about a month ago and she fell in love with some of the beautiful dresses worn in that movie. I liked the heavy full skirted dresses...

I loved that movie! If you buy the DVD, watch the commentary with Rosemary Clooney as she talks about a lot of the outfits they are wearing.

One dress I remember in particular was the dress that Vera-Ellen was wearing while she was trying to convince Danny Kaye to fake the engagement. The skirt fabric was so stiff that it looked like carpet! I can't imagine that it was very comfortable to wear, but it looked great!

In my dressing I tend more toward what current GGs are wearing. Nostalgia is fine, but a bullet bra and poodle skirt would stand out a bit in the mainstream!