PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go for a body free of hair?

becky77
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Shaving, waxing, plucking the never ending removal of hair or many hours of electrolysis as well as the cost. If you knew that someone had a contagious form of Alopecia Universalis (Like Matt Lucas, you lose all hair on your body, eyebrows, head, even eyelashes) Would you do it?
Would you try catch it, trade in the hair on your head including eyelashes for it and be hair free?

Jenniferathome
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Not a chance. Shaving is not that tough. And no eyelashes?!?! I think every cross dresser loves putting on mascara. I'd hate not doing that.

becky77
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Not a chance. Shaving is not that tough. And no eyelashes?!?! I think every cross dresser loves putting on mascara. I'd hate not doing that.
Ok I must admit having no eyelashes is pretty horrid, what if they where the only thing you could keep?

Stephanie47
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I guess it all depends on the individual. Some has five o'clock shadow immediately after shaving their face. Others can shave less frequently. I'm fortunate that my body hair (torso and legs) has always been sparse, even not having hair follicles on most parts of my legs. The only place I really have an issues is the forearms. Being tall it is difficult to find dresses that have sleeves long enough to come down to the wrists. I recently was fortunate to be able to buy a Merona long sleeve sweater dress that hits just above the knee (one inch) with long sleeves that do come down to the wrist. And, I'm six foot even. If I was not in a DADT marriage I would probably shave off my hair on the forearms.

It would be nice not to have to shave facial hair, whether I was a cross dresser or not.

Jenniferathome
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok I must admit having no eyelashes is pretty horrid, what if they where the only thing you could keep?

I still like the hair on my head. Shaving my legs and arms is no big deal and I'll never wear something that shows my stomach, so body hair is no big deal and I have little anyway. I'd happily give up shaving my face but not just for cross dressing, it's just a pain in the arse and I'll never grow a beard or mustache.

aalynn88
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Definately would do it! BUT, they guarantee permanant hair-removal at the laser place I went to. Im on my 4th session. after 5, they say I'll never have to shave again. It cost quite a bit though, and that was just for upper-lip and chin. I'm already bald on top anyway but I do hate having to shave my leg sand underarms all the time.

Angela Campbell
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I would like to never have to shave again, but to catch a disease is a little too radical for me. I am considering electrolysis soon for the face. Other than that epilating my legs and shaving other places when needed is ok with me.

andrea lace
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
i still have all my body hair i am toying with the idea of shaving my legs but with 2 teenage sons in the house i dont know if i would get away with it plus i would want my leg hair for the summer

BillyB
01-07-2013, 05:10 PM
I enjoy removing my body hair. I am smooth all the time and died not matter to anyone but me and my wife
I love the feel of stocking on my smooth legs.

vikki2020
01-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Wouldn't go THAT far! Doing some laser removal on my chin,and lip now--- 7 more treatments to go. After that, the razor will work fine:)

Jodi Anne
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Hair removal is a pain, but I just do not think I would go that far. Too bad laser removal is so costly.

larry
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
getting waxed turns me on

dyane
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I have shaved a lot, used depiitories, had electrolysis once, and had my eyebrows waxed. I prefer depilitories. They are quicker and the results last longer. Has anyone tried the NONO hair remover that is advertised on tv? Id like to try it but would like to know if it works?

Laura28
01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
No i wouldnt go that far as much as i love being hairless i wouldnt want to loose all my hair.

Fashionista
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Geez... for everyone trying to lose hair by using laser hair removal: THIS IS NOT PERMANENT!!!

From 07/2001 to 02/2003 I had 11 laser sessions on my face, but while some of the hair died off, most of it returned.
The only permanent way to get rid of hair is by means of electrolysis. Yes, that hurts more than laser, but each hair follicle is killed on an individual basis.

From 05/2003 till 09/2004, I had a total of 53 hours of electroylsis, zapping 17,500 hairs (my electrologist had a click-counter that we installed at the zapping unit).

In total I spent around 6000 USD on laser + electro.

The outcome? I was completely hair free in my face in 2004. Some hairs started growing back in 2005, but still so few that I could pluck them with tweezers. Now in 2013 (not having done anything in between), my chin area is about 50% of the hair density it was before, my neck (below chin) and cheeks are still nearly hair-free.

So... even with electrolysis... depending on the hair density and growth cycles, you may have to spend between 90 - 100 hours to get it completely cleared.

Being forever hair-free after just 4-5 laser sessions is a myth - at least as long as you are not doing HRT, as hormones definitely change the hair structure. Testosterone will always reactivate dormant hair follicles (beard) and cause male pattern baldness around your regular hair...

Edit: And... if you are going for electro, please make sure that you are doing it at a certified professional electrologist (CPE). Repeated electro can cause deep tissue scarring, which (after 10 - 20 treatments, but then it's already too late) leads to dimples in your skin. Good site on that topic: hairfacts.com (www.hairfacts.com)

PretzelGirl
01-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I don't want to lose the eyelashes, eyebrows, or the hair on my head. It is worth doing something the harder way if it gets you what you really want.

kimdl93
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Nah. I'm not all that hairy to begin with...one of the advantages of being a blonde, I guess. And I would prefer to ke the hair on my head.

Cheryl T
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
No thanks, I enjoy my eyebrows and lashes and what little hair is left on my head. I will continue to use my epliator.
Just wish I could get rid of this darn facial hair forever.

Being Paige
01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't thinks so, a little extreme for me. I'll stick with the epilating, nufree and shaving.

SandraV
01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Well, not really. Hair on my head is partially gone and I don't really mind the daily cleanup of chest, legs and everything in between. Not that hairy. Now if this magic pill could be directed just at my beard then I'd be all for it. My 5 o'clock shadow is a pain to deal with. Comes back in half a day and after a really close shave on day 1, it's difficult to shave on subsequent days and is quite visible. Sigh...

Georgia_Maine
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
No, not me either. On the other hand if science can make Rogain to grow hair why not something that does the opposite? I can imagine such a product would make the company a lot more money than Rogain can. Say it was a lotion that you used every day to retard hair growth. It would be used by people of both sexes. Wouldn't women and us crossdressers use it on legs, arm pits and other areas we don't want hair? Most men who shave would happily use it on their beards instead of shaving. Now where do I go and who do I talk to??

Gigi

antonia_bee
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I can see what you're saying, it's certainly a tempting thought, but I ENJOY shaving my body. Sadly my wife hates me shaving anything else than my legs and chest, but given the chance I'd take it all off. Especially under my arms, shaving there makes me feel quite girly. I suppose i like the fact that i can easily go back to being hairy if I need to.
Waxing is too much of a faff, and I'm not bothered about all the rest

JustWendy
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I’m with Jennifer and Cheryl. I’m not willing to give up my lashes, eyebrows, and the hair on top of head, so I’ll continue to epilate my body hair. Now if it just got rid of the other facial hair, I’d sign up for that. I’ll never grow a beard or mustache either, so shaving my face s is just a chore that never gets me as smooth as I’d like to be.

Wendy

kenzee
01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I to would keep my eyelashes and eybrows. Otherwise i'm clean head to toe. Lots of shaving,but it feels so nice and its part of who I am .

veronica66
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I have had 8 sessions of full Brazilian laser hehe and a clean up of the white hairs with electrolysis. My arms, abs, and underarms have also had laser and are hair free. I am now getting laser on my legs. I have shaved from the neck down for years

smooth
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
In case anyone is interested I do electrolysis and I am transgender myself so no judgement from me. If you are serious about removing any hair permanently by all means get in touch. pulse-electrolysis.co.uk
Electrolysis does take a level of commitment and patience but it does work when done correctly and it is permanent. I'm happy to answer any question you might have. . .

Beverley Sims
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
I would not go as far as losing all my hair.
I will just have to keep the status quo.

Jenni Yumiko
03-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Negative Becky. It takes all of 7 swipes to shave my moustache and chin and maybe 5 minutes with an epilator on my legs. I think the one place that's a pain is my pubic area, if I don't keep it Veeted/shaved it gets all crazy Q-Tip looking.

EllieOPKS
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
I would not want a disease but I would love to get rid of the hair once and for all. I shave but it seems like the jungle reclaiming the Incas temples, just a never ending battle.

AllieSF
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
If one is planning on complete facial hair removal by electrolysis, then they should anticipate close to or over 200 hours of electrolysis and a huge cost. I am close to the 200 hour mark and still do 3-4 hours per week.

For the rest of my body I am very fortunate to have a very light hair covering on the legs and almost nothing everywhere else, except the head, underarms, groin area, and the now wild hair growth in my ears, nose and occasionally on my eyebrows. I take care of the body and underarms with my trusty epilator and my electrologist is zapping the ear and nose hairs when they get out of control, which is just about all the time.

So, I will pass for now on the fantasy concept and continue with my painful but more realistic approach.

blackmamba
03-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Nah, shaving sucks, but I have long luscious locks that I'd be loathe to part with.

noeleena
03-05-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi.

Would 8 % over all be okay. nothing up top, legs & arms very little as a female , youd have to look hard, eye lashes & eyebrow's if they are gone no lose at all i was burnt on my right side of my face age 5 so whats left is yes well....

I have said a number of times to Jos ill just get the puller or shaver out & they be gone, hence eye brow liner,
i have if i can find them very few on my breast's & tummy .

my face is okay ill shave like some of my women friends do. its not a bigge for me part of my maleness hormone imbalance,

Under my arms hardly any, so no issues there, & my womens section just normal like any female,

I can live with what i have & had i no hair any where over my body im not at all bothered, Iv been burnt before, that stoped my hair dead just i dont wont that again,

Iv had quite a few surgerys & been a pin cushon enough , iv done my time of that, so time for liveing .

...noeleena...

gailprice
03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Everything but the eyelashes :)

sometimes_miss
03-05-2013, 09:41 AM
There are a lot of women you could ask about this as well. We all know them; the really, really pretty ones that look perfect, never letting any guys know just how much work goes into looking so good. It's one of the reasons we envy them so much, and why so many here want to be female. We simply don't know how much work is really required on a day to day basis.
Hair removal, especially for some dark haired/dark skinned people is often a daily chore. I've known women of Portuguese decent that spend at least an hour in the bathroom every single day, touching up every area because the hair just grows back so fast, and they don't want to be seen as hairy. If I could wish to be hairless except of course my scalp, eyebrows and lashes, I'd go for it. But life doesn't work that way. So I shave what is exposed, and live with the rest.

Maria S
03-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Too much obsession with body hair seems to be on a lot of these threads. Arms, legs and pits once a month. Eyebrows trimmed at the barbers, occasionally threaded. Face shaved on day of dressing. No reason to shave groin area. In general no big deal.

Maria

cathie pantyhose
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I'll stick with shaving and using my epil all over every few weeks as well. Losing eyebrows and eyelashes would not be worth any disease. I keep the hair on my head very short for cycling anyway

Mickitv
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I keep myself waxed and shaved at all times. Feels great and no one has ever said anything to me. My eyebrows need work but are never bushy.